Daily Check In Thread -- 10k+ version

Options

Replies

• jessiekanga
    jessiekanga Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Good luck with the bridge! I also think it is THE way to conquer that fear, with a community of folks protecting you via the sardine factor and the good will. And good luck on the Santa run too! I'm excited to share that I'll be running a 5k Sunday :).
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Scheduled for a 6 mile run today. Think I'm going to have to suck it up and treadmill run. It's currently -20 degrees (-29C) with a feels like temp of -36F (-38C). Yesterday they were saying it would get up to 0 today, then last night they changed it to -2, and now they're saying -6, so the high temp is moving in the wrong direction. If it wasn't for the wind chill I would just layer up, but right now it just sounds dangerous, especially since the roads are still slick from this week's snowstorm.
  • TyFit08
    TyFit08 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Scheduled for a 6 mile run today. Think I'm going to have to suck it up and treadmill run. It's currently -20 degrees (-29C) with a feels like temp of -36F (-38C). Yesterday they were saying it would get up to 0 today, then last night they changed it to -2, and now they're saying -6, so the high temp is moving in the wrong direction. If it wasn't for the wind chill I would just layer up, but right now it just sounds dangerous, especially since the roads are still slick from this week's snowstorm.

Treadmill All The Way!!!!
  • bttrthanevr
    bttrthanevr Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    I just had my easiest treadmill run ever. Found a pace almost right away that felt comfortable and stayed there for 3 miles while I watched "The Big Bang Theory." I felt loose and comfortable and didn't even get bored during commercial breaks.

I love this! Awesome, Laura!

Will you attempt 6 on the treadmill?!
    I wasn't feeling well today, struggled to get out of bed and even then fell asleep again on the sofa. When i woke up my daylight hours were gone and I was going to just say today was a loss, but there is an elementary school near my house with a mini track with lights. I was still very lethargic, but I got the slowest 5K interval run ever in. It was also one of the most boring runs ever since the track is so small and for elementary kids. I guess I could beat myself up about my time, but it is faster than if I stayed on the couch.

And you did it anyway! Yay! Ms. Malcolm!!!! That's dedication!

Madmiss - I am so proud of you conquering multiple fears. Running makes us stronger in more ways than the physical! Wishing you the best race ever!

rduhlir - Have fun working the race today!

Tim - Enjoy that long awaited long run! :-)

I am getting dressed and headed out for a run. The roads look iffy, so I'm thinking indoor track or treadmill for a short run and then trying for a longer run tomorrow outdoors. I will have to check the weather before making the final decision.
  • madmiss
    madmiss Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I did it, I did it!!!! And it was so awesome!!!!!! ;) no fear, no stress, it was just epic and beautiful and I'm so happy I did it and that I was able to - no calf pain, no pain or strain of any kind, and boy was the downhill fun!!!!' Officially 36.57 - 1298th out of 2988 in the 5k!

999220_10201807837732128_1235645630_n.jpg
  • TyFit08
    TyFit08 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Thanks bttrthanevr, But I guess my dedication ended there. I didn't run the Santa Shuffle 5K this morning. I was ready for the race, but my husband picked a fight with me this morning. By the time I got there, the race had already started. I thought about just running a 5K on my own in the park, but I can't workout when I'm angry. I'm still pissed right now, hoping the brownies that I have in the oven will make me feel better. I know it is wrong, but right now I need some chocolate dammit
  • madmiss
    Options
    Thanks bttrthanevr, But I guess my dedication ended there. I didn't run the Santa Shuffle 5K this morning. I was ready for the race, but my husband picked a fight with me this morning. By the time I got there, the race had already started. I thought about just running a 5K on my own in the park, but I can't workout when I'm angry. I'm still pissed right now, hoping the brownies that I have in the oven will make me feel better. I know it is wrong, but right now I need some chocolate dammit

So sorry to hear that :( big e-hugs coming your way
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, Madmiss! Great picture!

Sorry to hear about your day, Mrsmalcolm. I hope you feel better. We've all had bad days. Hang in there.

I had my last tai-chi class of the season on Thursday. It's been a bit grueling (yeah...tai-chi can be grueling when you're learning it :smile: ) over the past few weeks and I've used a lot of my running time for tai-chi practice. I don't mind, though. There's a lot of leg-work involved so I feel I still get some benefit for running.

Yesterday, I did an easy loping run (6.6-7K/hr) on the treadmill and ran 7K in a stretch! This is the second time ever that I've managed this distance and I'm really thrilled. The first time was in the summer when I had a "magical" run and seemed to fly along effortlessly. Haven't had one of those again (not like that day, anyway) but still remember the thrill of that one.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    I did it, I did it!!!! And it was so awesome!!!!!! ;) no fear, no stress, it was just epic and beautiful and I'm so happy I did it and that I was able to - no calf pain, no pain or strain of any kind, and boy was the downhill fun!!!!' Officially 36.57 - 1298th out of 2988 in the 5k!

I'm so happy for you! Way to stretch yourself!
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    Options
    Congrats madmiss! Awesome time! Way to overcome!

Mrsmalcom sorry to hear your fight with your husband derailed your 5K. Enjoy your brownies!

Beth I see you were able to get a short run in! Weather did drive me to the treadmill too.

Plexgut congrats on your 7K run!

I did my run on the treadmill. At 2 miles I paused to go to the bathroom. At 4 miles I stopped to restart the program on the treadmill (longest you can be on there is an hour and I was going to run out of time before I got to 6 miles), so I changed my shoes while I was at it (tried running on the TM with my outdoor running shoes & didn't like them). I spent approx. 90 minutes total including a 5 minute warm-up, my 6 mile run, my bathroom break, my shoe break, and a half mile cool-down walk. And then I did the rest of my workout. Since one of my trainer sessions got snowed out this week Jason gave me some extra stuff to do today that we didn't get to this week.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options

Sorry you didn't make it to the race. I still haven't fully forgiven my husband for the last one I missed. Hope the brownies will help!
  • bttrthanevr
    Options
    I'm so excited!!!! I duplicated my sub-ten mile! Two times!!! I went to Y track to run today. After a false start of getting to the track and realizing I had left my shoes at home...doh. I drove home and got them, wondering if I was even meant to run today. When I goot back to the track (this time with shoes!), I warmed up with a few walking laps some dynamic stretches and started off on my first mile and runtastic totally crapped out on me again. So, I think the first mile was about 10:08 but not totally sure. I went down to the front desk got a lap counter and used the stopwatch function and the track clocks to track my next mile...9:12! I couldn't believe it, so I walked three laps and ran another mile. In 9:33!!! I'm still pinching myself! LOL! I probably won't fully believe it until I do it again. I know for some of you this is not earth shattering, but I was a non-althletic book worm/artist most my life and never dreamed I could run a quarter mile. A sub-ten minute mile was always some shining distant goal and I reached it! This was despite a heavy feeling in my right lung. My voice is mostly back, but I've been coughing up yuk since Thursday night. But I felt good enough to run, and didn't want to waste opportunity because I'm afraid my upcoming leg vein procedures are going to seriously undermine my running. There were three other runners on the track, one whom I've seen at both my 5K's and that added a little competitive spark. And there were basketball games going on in the gym below, so people were sitting up in the bleachers right next to the level of the track. I had to keep good form and stay strong! LOL! I'm so happy! Oh, and when I got home, my 12 year old son was just putting the finishing touches on a homemade barbecue chicken pizza. He's a quite talented chef. Yum! Good day!

So non-athletic that I can't even spell it! LOL!
  • bttrthanevr
    Options

999220_10201807837732128_1235645630_n.jpg

That's so awesome!!!! I love your tutu! LOL!!! congratulations! Now for celebration! I recommend chocolate milk to start! ;-)
  • bttrthanevr
    Options

Aw...bummer. Totally. There will be other races, don't let it get you too down. Hope things get patched up with your husband. *hugs* Maybe a run on your own to help blow off steam? (And earn the brownie.) Darn husbands!
  • bttrthanevr
    Options
    Good luck with the bridge! I also think it is THE way to conquer that fear, with a community of folks protecting you via the sardine factor and the good will. And good luck on the Santa run too! I'm excited to share that I'll be running a 5k Sunday :).

Good luck with your race tomorrow Jessie!
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    Options
    I'm so excited!!!! I duplicated my sub-ten mile! Two times!!! I went to Y track to run today. After a false start of getting to the track and realizing I had left my shoes at home...doh. I drove home and got them, wondering if I was even meant to run today. When I goot back to the track (this time with shoes!), I warmed up with a few walking laps some dynamic stretches and started off on my first mile and runtastic totally crapped out on me again. So, I think the first mile was about 10:08 but not totally sure. I went down to the front desk got a lap counter and used the stopwatch function and the track clocks to track my next mile...9:12! I couldn't believe it, so I walked three laps and ran another mile. In 9:33!!! I'm still pinching myself! LOL! I probably won't fully believe it until I do it again. I know for some of you this is not earth shattering, but I was a non-althletic book worm/artist most my life and never dreamed I could run a quarter mile. A sub-ten minute mile was always some shining distant goal and I reached it! This was despite a heavy feeling in my right lung. My voice is mostly back, but I've been coughing up yuk since Thursday night. But I felt good enough to run, and didn't want to waste opportunity because I'm afraid my upcoming leg vein procedures are going to seriously undermine my running. There were three other runners on the track, one whom I've seen at both my 5K's and that added a little competitive spark. And there were basketball games going on in the gym below, so people were sitting up in the bleachers right next to the level of the track. I had to keep good form and stay strong! LOL! I'm so happy! Oh, and when I got home, my 12 year old son was just putting the finishing touches on a homemade barbecue chicken pizza. He's a quite talented chef. Yum! Good day!

So non-athletic that I can't even spell it! LOL!

That's amazing. So proud of you!
  • timeasterday
    timeasterday Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options

Way to go!! Great job!
  • madmiss
    Options
    So proud of both plexgyt and btth!!!! Way to rock it!!' Seems everyone who got out had some winning-ness going on!!! I can't even imagine a sub 10 minute mile, that's so great!!!!

Laura, I lold about your bathroom and shoe break, that's funny!!!'
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    Options
    Laura, I lold about your bathroom and shoe break, that's funny!!!'

If I'm going to have to run inside I might as well enjoy the conveniences of being there. :smile:
  • romyhorse
    romyhorse Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Madmiss, congratulations on your 5k, I would have been terrified running over that bridge!

Beth, amazing times! I am so jealous, I seem to be getting slower not faster, lol.

Laura, I'm glad I don't live where you are, I thought Scotland was cold! Well done on running 6 miles on the treadmill, I could never manage that, I have a low boredom threshold.

I have only managed 1 run this week due to the weather, but I've managed to do 3 weight lifting sessions and 2 zumba workouts so I am happy with that. We've only got 5 more runs to finish c25k so we're hoping to get it finished before Christmas, weather dependent.