Daily Check In Thread -- 10k+ version

Options

Replies

• PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Sup everyone! Back from vay-cay! Had an awesome time down in Florida and a cold Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving. Hope everyone else has a lovely time!

So, a few people were asking about the CW-X tights I bought, here is a pic:
    cw-x-stabilyx-tight-womens
    They are a big investment, $105 at my local running store. I will let you guys know how they are in a run on Friday night. The tights help to support your guads and hams when running and provide for less "bounce", the bands then run down and support the knees and calves and help to stabilize your stride to provide better form stability. All the girls who have a pair at my running group love them.

They're beautiful. I love them. Can't wait to hear how you like them!
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    Options
    I had to walk up six flights of stairs after a fire drill, and by the time I got to my floor, I was clapping and saying "finish strong!" just because I'm obnoxious that way. EVERYTHING feels like less work now, and running feels easy, so why not?

I LOVE this!!! HA! HA! HA!
    (And I totally agree that walking just feels so darn inefficient.)

I genuinely laughed out loud at "...I was clapping and saying "finish strong!" just because I'm obnoxious that way."
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    Options
    I bought myself a new present!!!! We'll hubby picked them up because I was at work ;) but I'm so exited!!!!! Cause I needed ANOTHER pair of running shoes and all ;) hopefully these will be my other go to shoes as I love my five fingers dearly, but not sure I can wear them every day - but these have the same soles except a wee bit thicker ;)

1454659_10201798276933114_24125056_n.jpg?dl=1

Those are sweet shoes!
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    Options
    I just had my easiest treadmill run ever. Found a pace almost right away that felt comfortable and stayed there for 3 miles while I watched "The Big Bang Theory." I felt loose and comfortable and didn't even get bored during commercial breaks.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    I just had my easiest treadmill run ever. Found a pace almost right away that felt comfortable and stayed there for 3 miles while I watched "The Big Bang Theory." I felt loose and comfortable and didn't even get bored during commercial breaks.

That is awesome Laura! Never thought running could feel so good!

Love the shoes Miss!
  • TyFit08
    TyFit08 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I wasn't feeling well today, struggled to get out of bed and even then fell asleep again on the sofa. When i woke up my daylight hours were gone and I was going to just say today was a loss, but there is an elementary school near my house with a mini track with lights. I was still very lethargic, but I got the slowest 5K interval run ever in. It was also one of the most boring runs ever since the track is so small and for elementary kids. I guess I could beat myself up about my time, but it is faster than if I stayed on the couch.
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    Options
    I wasn't feeling well today, struggled to get out of bed and even then fell asleep again on the sofa. When i woke up my daylight hours were gone and I was going to just say today was a loss, but there is an elementary school near my house with a mini track with lights. I was still very lethargic, but I got the slowest 5K interval run ever in. It was also one of the most boring runs ever since the track is so small and for elementary kids. I guess I could beat myself up about my time, but it is faster than if I stayed on the couch.

The saying is true - No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everyone on the couch.
  • likitisplit
    Options

Sounds like you needed the rest. Good for you on your creativity.
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    Sup everyone. How is everyone doing? So...I packed 2 upper layers and 2 bottom layers, 2 pairs of socks, mitten, ear covering and my ball cap for tonights run....if it isn't too bad. I am going to try and jog down to the convention center for the marathon expo tonight...if it isn't too icy and nasty that is. Hopefully the rain will lighten up for that short run. It is really a short run too...may 1/2 each way.

Last nights weight lifting cleared all of the lactic acid build up my last weight lifting session caused. Gotta love coming back after a break. I continued to run, but had no where to do my weight lifting so had to take a 2 week break from that and man I could feel it. But last night was good:
    Deadlifts: 3 X 10 at 100 lbs
    Shoulder Presses: 3 X 10 at 20 lbs
    Lat Pulldowns: 3 X 10 at 70 lbs
    Lunges: 3 X 10 holding 10s in each hand
    Swiss Ball Crunches: 3 X 12 in a slow controlled fashion

I love heavy lifting lol. Too bad I love running more lol.
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    Options
    Sup everyone. How is everyone doing? So...I packed 2 upper layers and 2 bottom layers, 2 pairs of socks, mitten, ear covering and my ball cap for tonights run....if it isn't too bad. I am going to try and jog down to the convention center for the marathon expo tonight...if it isn't too icy and nasty that is. Hopefully the rain will lighten up for that short run. It is really a short run too...may 1/2 each way.

Last nights weight lifting cleared all of the lactic acid build up my last weight lifting session caused. Gotta love coming back after a break. I continued to run, but had no where to do my weight lifting so had to take a 2 week break from that and man I could feel it. But last night was good:

No reason you can't do both! I ran after my strength workouts both Monday & Thursday this week and it was nice to start with my muscles already warmed up.

Hope you're able to run to the expo tonight & it doesn't get icy.
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options

No reason you can't do both! I ran after my strength workouts both Monday & Thursday this week and it was nice to start with my muscles already warmed up.

Hope you're able to run to the expo tonight & it doesn't get icy.
    I always split my weight lifting and running and never do both on the same days. When I weight lift, I want to really focus on the heavy lifting. And when I am running, I really want to focus on the running and having fresh energy to do so.
  • likitisplit
    Options
    For me, it's about recovery. The reality is that I'm an older runner (ha) and, while I need to stay active, I can't do everything every day and recover like I did 10 years ago.
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    Options
    For me, it's about recovery. The reality is that I'm an older runner (ha) and, while I need to stay active, I can't do everything every day and recover like I did 10 years ago.

Shush...you're younger than I am so no "old" talk allowed.

If I couldn't do them on the same days I wouldn't be able to do both.
  • timeasterday
    timeasterday Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    I have the day off today so I joined my wife for a Pilates class at the gym, followed by an hour of weights. Dang, I'm tired now! Looking forward to getting out for a run on Sunday. My first run in 9 days!
  • madmiss
    madmiss Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow... I will be running over that!!!!!!! 196 feet in the air, 5.5% grade. I may need some Xanax to accomplish this, as it encompasses three of my greatest fears, heights, bridges, and falling off bridges and drowning!!!! Can't wait.

1463193_10201802234592053_1250791963_n.jpg

6185_10201802233392023_786101881_n.jpg
  • timeasterday
    timeasterday Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow... I will be running over that!!!!!!! 196 feet in the air, 5.5% grade. I may need some Xanax to accomplish this, as it encompasses three of my greatest fears, heights, bridges, and falling off bridges and drowning!!!! Can't wait.

Cool!! Good luck!
  • likitisplit
    Options

I'm terrified of bridges (and heights) too. And I grew up in Minneapolis, which is stitched together with bridges over the Mississippi. I predict a personal best based on the adrenaline rush.
  • TyFit08
    TyFit08 Posts: 799 Member
    Options

1463193_10201802234592053_1250791963_n.jpg

6185_10201802233392023_786101881_n.jpg

Good luck, that bridge looks kinda scary, but with all the people and the rush of the race it looks like it could be a lot of fun. I'm doing the Santa Shuffle 5K Race in Toronto in the AM. The Wind Chill is going to bring the temperature to 11 F at race time. I am started to question why I signed up for this.
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    Options

Way to conquer your fears while getting in a challenging run!
  • madmiss
    madmiss Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone so much!! I'm excited and terrified all at once ;) and still sick.... Lol along with my running buddy who's also sick - maybe I'll just be in a DayQuil haze ;)

Mrs Malcolm, good for you!!! I'll be thinking about you it will be 75 here!!!! I think it would be easier to run in the cold ;)