Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    In for part 3!

1361818797_coin_rolling_on_treadmill.gif
  • madmiss
    madmiss Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    yay, a new location :)

I wanted to quote people from the other thread though :( I haven't run since Sunday because I managed to get sick again! Hoping tonight I can go. I too hate running in the dark and cold - it's so miserable, yet I still do it, then I feel better afterwards :) I just have to remind myself of that when I am complaining about doing it! My regular running neighborhood person who inspires me is sick too, so we've both been moping around the neighborhood feeling sorry for ourselves and concerned about the GIANT run we both are going to this weeked - he's doing a 10K and I was going to do the 5K but right now I just want to curl up and feel sorry for myself. :) Someone slap me! I even read an article about which types of "sick" you should run with and which ones you shouldn't LOL
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options

I wanted to quote people from the other thread though :( I haven't run since Sunday because I managed to get sick again! Hoping tonight I can go. I too hate running in the dark and cold - it's so miserable, yet I still do it, then I feel better afterwards :) I just have to remind myself of that when I am complaining about doing it! My regular running neighborhood person who inspires me is sick too, so we've both been moping around the neighborhood feeling sorry for ourselves and concerned about the GIANT run we both are going to this weeked - he's doing a 10K and I was going to do the 5K but right now I just want to curl up and feel sorry for myself. :) Someone slap me! I even read an article about which types of "sick" you should run with and which ones you shouldn't LOL

anigif_enhanced-buzz-23506-1360638725-1.gif
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options

We all do that. I die a little inside every time I miss a race.
  • btsinmd
    btsinmd Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    I am very sorry for those of you who are sick and for those of you who are looking at dark, cold, and icy conditions outside, and am doubly sorry for those who are facing both.

Please forgive me as unfortunately I'm not sick (at the moment) and while we have been warned that the arctic conditions now hitting the midwest is on it's way, it's not here yet. So I'm feeling great and it's 50F outside and not raining or even damp.

I had the best run ever tonight! I ran just 2 miles and I ran it as fast as I could and not just ran faster than I ever had before, I ran much faster than I ever have before. The traffic lights hit just right and I had no more than a 2 second pause at one light and no waits at all at the other two. I walked the rest to bring my total distance to 5k, but 2 miles was the planned run and I'm very happy with it. In addition, a man stopped to ask me how old my dog was because he was impressed by how well behaved he was and when I was passed by a teenage couple the girl squealed, "Oh look the little dog is lit up too! How cute!" which I'm going to take as I have a cute dog, because that's what I want to interpret it as. :)

I was really panting by the end of the run, through both nose and mouth and my breathing was harsh. I really did push myself and I'm proud of that too. Absolutely nothing hurts.

Fells just enjoyed the run and wasn't breathing particularly hard at the end and was up for another run right away.
  • likitisplit
    Options
    So, I just checked the race times predictor on Runner's World to see if my half marathon was slow or my 10k was fast based on my 5k time. The 10k time was bang-on, so I under performed in the half. Which is fine - I feel good about the race and needed to test the distance before I push myself.

However, it means that I haven't progressed too much since last June...except that the 5k is not my best race. I'm limited from getting too close to LT because of asthma, so I'm just going to do better in longer races where energy conservation plays more of a role. At least, that's my theory. I can hardly wait for my next opportunity to test myself against the 10k distance.

BTW, if anybody wants to connect with me on athlinks, my profile is: http://www.athlinks.com/athletes/vardaeml/Profile
  • bttrthanevr
    bttrthanevr Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Rindy- A cold would definitely make it harder! Take care and drink plenty o fluids! I'm doing Chammomile tea and honey.

A big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Ceci!!!! :-)!!!

Congratulations on your awesome run Bts!!!!

I have no voice. The sore throat has gone into laryngitis. I never realized how frustrating it would be to be mute! But I did feel well enough for a trainer session and a new treadmill challenge...Walking. Yup. Walking. I wanted to run so badly! But, the challenge was walk briskly at a gradually increasing incline. I start at a 3.0 incline and 4.0 miles per hour, every 3 minutes you increase the incline by 3.0 for 15minutes. The last 6 mins are at a 12.0 incline. My bangs were flat to my forehead and soaking wet!

Just wondering...do any of you have a tendency to rush everywhere now? I can't stand to walk slowly. Or stand still for that matter. I bounce and shift my weight around when forced to stand and wait. I even sometimes break into a jog in parking lots. I bet that is annoying to witness, but I can't help it really.
  • madmiss
    Options
    I am very sorry for those of you who are sick and for those of you who are looking at dark, cold, and icy conditions outside, and am doubly sorry for those who are facing both.

Please forgive me as unfortunately I'm not sick (at the moment) and while we have been warned that the arctic conditions now hitting the midwest is on it's way, it's not here yet. So I'm feeling great and it's 50F outside and not raining or even damp.

I had the best run ever tonight! I ran just 2 miles and I ran it as fast as I could and not just ran faster than I ever had before, I ran much faster than I ever have before. The traffic lights hit just right and I had no more than a 2 second pause at one light and no waits at all at the other two. I walked the rest to bring my total distance to 5k, but 2 miles was the planned run and I'm very happy with it. In addition, a man stopped to ask me how old my dog was because he was impressed by how well behaved he was and when I was passed by a teenage couple the girl squealed, "Oh look the little dog is lit up too! How cute!" which I'm going to take as I have a cute dog, because that's what I want to interpret it as. :)

I was really panting by the end of the run, through both nose and mouth and my breathing was harsh. I really did push myself and I'm proud of that too. Absolutely nothing hurts.

Fells just enjoyed the run and wasn't breathing particularly hard at the end and was up for another run right away.

Ceci, that dog is awesome you rock!!!!! And happy hatch day!!!!!

Bstm - I laughed my butt off at your I'm sorry I'm not sick comment!!!!!! And what a great run for you and such a cute comment about the lit up dog!!!! ;) I'm glad you had an awesome run, makes it all worth it!

Way to go varda!!!!! Athletes profile huh ;) that's cool!!!

Ohh btth that's so sad, I'm sorry you have laringytis - you poor thing!!!! But what a great workout! Who knew walking can make you sweat ;) - sorry. I bouncing here, I like walking places but I am usually tired tired tired. Maybe time for some more iron in my diet ;) now send some of that bounce over here!
  • bttrthanevr
    Options
    So, I just checked the race times predictor on Runner's World to see if my half marathon was slow or my 10k was fast based on my 5k time. The 10k time was bang-on, so I under performed in the half. Which is fine - I feel good about the race and needed to test the distance before I push myself.

However, it means that I haven't progressed too much since last June...except that the 5k is not my best race. I'm limited from getting too close to LT because of asthma, so I'm just going to do better in longer races where energy conservation plays more of a role. At least, that's my theory. I can hardly wait for my next opportunity to test myself against the 10k distance.

BTW, if anybody wants to connect with me on athlinks, my profile is: http://www.athlinks.com/athletes/vardaeml/Profile

Nice rankings, Varda!
    I don't feel legitimate enough to be on athlinks...yet. I need more races!
    I totally agree about the asthma. I feel I will be better at distance too. Sprints get me wheezy. I am still hoping for an improved 5K time once I race again.
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Just wondering...do any of you have a tendency to rush everywhere now? I can't stand to walk slowly. Or stand still for that matter. I bounce and shift my weight around when forced to stand and wait. I even sometimes break into a jog in parking lots. I bet that is annoying to witness, but I can't help it really.

Yes! Also I find myself jogging up the stairs, not because I'm in a hurry but just because that's what feels right.
  • bttrthanevr
    Options

Yes! Also I find myself jogging up the stairs, not because I'm in a hurry but just because that's what feels right.

Glad I'm not the only one! :-)
  • btsinmd
    btsinmd Posts: 921 Member
    Options

Glad I'm not the only one! :-)
    Me too! I was running down the hall at work on Monday, just for fun, until I realized what I was doing and stopped. I will often run in the supermarket parking lot. It just feels good.
  • timeasterday
    timeasterday Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options

YES! I've always moved around faster than most people but more so now. When waiting in lines I often catch myself doing some sort of leg lifts or high knees just to keep my legs moving. I seem to have more instances of "restless legs" at night when I am trying to fall asleep. Feels like I just want to get up and run.

Sorry to hear about your laryngitis. Hope you get better soon! And I hope everyone battling a cold gets over that quickly. That's no fun at all when you want to run.

I got a couple more days off running before I get out there again. Today I'll spend some time on the stationary bike, tomorrow is pilates & strength training (and a day off work - yay!), Saturday is yoga & rest, then Sunday will be an easy 40-minute run.
  • likitisplit
    Options

Nice rankings, Varda!
    I don't feel legitimate enough to be on athlinks...yet. I need more races!
    I totally agree about the asthma. I feel I will be better at distance too. Sprints get me wheezy. I am still hoping for an improved 5K time once I race again.

You actually ARE on athlinks if you've done any races. I signed up last year and lo, and behold, the races I walked in 2006 and 2007 were out there waiting for me to claim them.

And, yes, I've always been a little fidgety anyway. But now I have the capacity to step it up a notch and I do. It was cold and I had to park about a 1/4 mile away from the building last week, so I just ran it. I run when I push my kids in the grocery cart through the parking lot. I "run" a bit more up stairs now - a walk doesn't seem to harness the reflexive leg movements as much, so it feels harder. I had to walk up six flights of stairs after a fire drill, and by the time I got to my floor, I was clapping and saying "finish strong!" just because I'm obnoxious that way. EVERYTHING feels like less work now, and running feels easy, so why not?
  • likitisplit
    Options
    I hate winter! At least today on the 21st anniversary of my 29th birthday, I get to join the local "seniors" only gym and I'll have a place to workout when it's cold!

I rode the bicycle yesterday 15 miles. Nasty weather will hit later today or tomorrow! UGH

It's hilarious that you, of all people, qualify for a seniors gym. I guess I should examine my assumptions but I'd typically think of low impact aerobics, not a 100 mile bike ride, in the context of "senior" exercise.
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    Sup everyone! Back from vay-cay! Had an awesome time down in Florida and a cold Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving. Hope everyone else has a lovely time!

So, a few people were asking about the CW-X tights I bought, here is a pic:
    cw-x-stabilyx-tight-womens
    They are a big investment, $105 at my local running store. I will let you guys know how they are in a run on Friday night. The tights help to support your guads and hams when running and provide for less "bounce", the bands then run down and support the knees and calves and help to stabilize your stride to provide better form stability. All the girls who have a pair at my running group love them.
  • timeasterday
    timeasterday Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    They are a big investment, $105 at my local running store. I will let you guys know how they are in a run on Friday night. The tights help to support your guads and hams when running and provide for less "bounce", the bands then run down and support the knees and calves and help to stabilize your stride to provide better form stability. All the girls who have a pair at my running group love them.

I love my CW-X Stabilyx tights (in my profile photo). They provide great support - I didn't feel any soreness, tightness, or any crampy feeling during my half marathon last week. And I wore them for most of the day after the race which I think helps recovery. But I would roast in these tights if it's above the 40's outside. I will definitely miss them in spring/summer.

I got mine off Ebay for $84. Brand new and delivered quick.
  • bttrthanevr
    Options
    Sup everyone! Back from vay-cay! Had an awesome time down in Florida and a cold Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving. Hope everyone else has a lovely time!

So, a few people were asking about the CW-X tights I bought, here is a pic:
    cw-x-stabilyx-tight-womens

They look so snazzy! Can't wait to hear how they run!
  • bttrthanevr
    Options
    I had to walk up six flights of stairs after a fire drill, and by the time I got to my floor, I was clapping and saying "finish strong!" just because I'm obnoxious that way. EVERYTHING feels like less work now, and running feels easy, so why not?

I LOVE this!!! HA! HA! HA!
    (And I totally agree that walking just feels so darn inefficient.)
  • madmiss
    Options
    I bought myself a new present!!!! We'll hubby picked them up because I was at work ;) but I'm so exited!!!!! Cause I needed ANOTHER pair of running shoes and all ;) hopefully these will be my other go to shoes as I love my five fingers dearly, but not sure I can wear them every day - but these have the same soles except a wee bit thicker ;)

1454659_10201798276933114_24125056_n.jpg?dl=1