Daily Check In Thread -- 10k+ version

Options

Replies

• likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Thanks varda!!!! I just went 8 miles, I did a nice long cool down, now I think it's time for beer lol

Hydration that contains appropriate electrolytes is important!
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    The thought of drinking a beer after a run has zero appeal to me. I know there are suds runs devoted pretty much entirely to running & beer, so I'm willing to concede I might just be a freak on this.

I did 3 treadmill miles tonight, and logged Run #2 for the week on Jantastic! Then my trainer had me do a spin workout which was fine until my right calf started cramping. He had me try to run and it felt fine for about a minute, then my calf started to spasm. Jason had me get off the treadmill before my calf locked up & I flew off the back. Ended the session doing ball tosses with a medicine ball. So my workout tonight involved riding a bike & playing catch. :smile: Monday night he asked how I felt about starting to swim and tonight he's got me on the bike. Coincidence from my trainer the triathlete?
  • madmiss
    madmiss Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    You sure are an inspiration Laura! I hope to meet you some day and give you a big hug for all your support and congratulate you for all your dedication!!!!!
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    Options
    I swear there was a discussion going a couple months back about meeting up at the Mall of America for some shopping. Think that needs to be running & shopping.
  • madmiss
    Options
    My weightless ticker is very happy today!!!! Thank Laura, for your tedee calorie method info!!! Let's hope it keeps up!
  • timeasterday
    timeasterday Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    Had a great workout last night. First, an hour in the gym doing upper body stuff while my wife took a ball pilates class (one of these days I'll try that). Then we went over to the track and met up with the usual speedwork group. We did eight repeats of 400m with a target time of 1:41 per interval (roughly a 6:40 pace). I always run with this woman from the running store who is about the same speed as me, but much more experienced. She always nails the interval times within a second or two. I could never do that by myself. My wife ran the intervals at 1:55. The coach is still holding her back a little. Overall we felt great afterwards, only a couple minor aches here and there.
  • joedfro
    joedfro Posts: 270
    Options
    great job everyone!

this morning was easy run of 25 minutes @ 9:48 pace...something like 2.5 miles. since I didn't get my planned run in yesterday and there is one scheduled today, I may do it tonight or tomorrow morning depending on how I feel.
  • madmiss
    Options
    Great job Tim and Joe! I need to do speedwork, and hills, and repeats, and tempo businesses and fartleks, but will I? probably not for a while... Went with my running buddy for our usual this morning - 32 degrees in the dark, a beautiful easy 4 miles - so nice to run into the sunrise, just awesome! That makes 16 for the week and counting! Back right where I left off BS (before sickness) :)
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    I hit the gym for some much needed stress relief yesterday. I opted for the elliptical. In 47 minutes, I covered 7.62 miles. I did a further cool down walk to make it an even 8 miles.

My muscles are pretty sore from the boot camp class on Tuesday, but I think I can raise my arms and legs enough to make it through tonight's class!
  • jessiekanga
    jessiekanga Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    You all just rock, seriously.
  • likitisplit
    Options
    Great job Tim and Joe! I need to do speedwork, and hills, and repeats, and tempo businesses and fartleks, but will I? probably not for a while... Went with my running buddy for our usual this morning - 32 degrees in the dark, a beautiful easy 4 miles - so nice to run into the sunrise, just awesome! That makes 16 for the week and counting! Back right where I left off BS (before sickness) :)

Woo Hoo. JFR.
  • likitisplit
    Options
    I swear there was a discussion going a couple months back about meeting up at the Mall of America for some shopping. Think that needs to be running & shopping.

Perhaps in August.
  • likitisplit
    Options
    The thought of drinking a beer after a run has zero appeal to me. I know there are suds runs devoted pretty much entirely to running & beer, so I'm willing to concede I might just be a freak on this.

I did 3 treadmill miles tonight, and logged Run #2 for the week on Jantastic! Then my trainer had me do a spin workout which was fine until my right calf started cramping. He had me try to run and it felt fine for about a minute, then my calf started to spasm. Jason had me get off the treadmill before my calf locked up & I flew off the back. Ended the session doing ball tosses with a medicine ball. So my workout tonight involved riding a bike & playing catch. :smile: Monday night he asked how I felt about starting to swim and tonight he's got me on the bike. Coincidence from my trainer the triathlete?

Triathletes are pretty sneaking. Speaking of this, where's KathleenKP?
  • madmiss
    Options
    Varda, I just realized you're only 4 hrs away from me also!!!

So, in light of Beth saying she's going to have a hellish week, I pose this question; what do you all do for a living?

I'm a graphic designer and production manager for a local media company, aka newspaper(s), and photographer on the side.

Everyone else? Go!
  • likitisplit
    Options
    I'm used to doing speedwork on tracks, so I associate them with the passion of hills. I was a little surprised at how boring *just running* on one was. Infinitely better than a treadmill though. I need to get inspired between now and tomorrow to do a 1 mile run. I committed to do three runs a week with Jantastic, I was sick earlier this week, so I just need to check that box. Hardly seems worth putting my shoes on for.
  • likitisplit
    Options
    senior instructional designer. I'll explain what that is if anybody cares.
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    Options
    Varda, I care. Explain!

I'm the Organizational Development Manager for an integrated social, search, PR and display marketing agency.
  • bttrthanevr
    bttrthanevr Posts: 615 Member
    Options

YES! YES! YES! Let's!
  • bttrthanevr
    Options

I'd say it's calculated...no coincidence at all! LOL!
    And I'm with you on the beer. Give me chocolate milk please...although I did recently sample a chocolate raspberry Sam Adams that could persuade me to make an exception. But if it's any old Bud, Michelob, or the like...forget it.
  • bttrthanevr
    Options

Perhaps in August.

Or October...if we really want to enjoy the run part. August in Minnesota can be brutal..i.e. 100 degrees and humid at the MN State Fair...just saying. :-)