Starting Nov 1

Options

Replies

• ramalem
    ramalem Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Jen! That sounds awful :( I hope it get's better soon.

I am in the home stretch of stage 1 - have B7 tonight, A8 Thursday (gym is closed Tues/Wed so no lifting for me) and B8 on Sat or Sun. Next week I will do my AMRAP's and finish Stage 1 the day after New Years!

I started looking at stage 2 - and I have to say looks a bit more intimidating that stage 1. I am unfamiliar with a lot of the lifts and many of them require a box which is hard to come by during busy times at my gym, so we'll see how that goes. It also looks a lot more time consuming than stage 1... but I am excited to start something new. Where is everyone else at with finishing?

Also, I weighed myself this AM for the first time since starting this program back up again at the start of the month, and I am really disappointed that my weight has increased so much. I also just feel bigger (ie: pants around my legs are more snug). I don't feel that I have increased eating and most of the time (except for the few Saturday/Sundays I forget) log my food intake - I know I could improve my eating habits, which will help, I just didn't expect to gain almost 5 lbs :( Has anyone else gained during this stage?

My focus for the NY is to be more mindful of my eating, eat more whole foods and just in general put good things in my mouth :) I also want to increase my cardio a bit too to try and get rid of my excess weight.
  • sleepyjen
    sleepyjen Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Ythanja! I'm hoping for a run tomorrow before the chaos and am taking a three day calorie counting hiatus. I've lost 2 pounds in stage 1 but I'm keeping to the calories set by the program and counting fastidiously (until today), which may be why . I'm sorry things feel tighter! Do you feel stronger? Maybe that's the exchange for now.

I had a good chuckle st the 20-something at the pet store today who clearly wanted to carrying 20 pound sack of cat litter for me when I can lift it like its nothing! That gives me some holiday cheer--I hope you get some of the same.
  • sleepyjen
    Options
    I have no idea what "yrhanga" is--the joys of typing on a tiny phone keyboard!
  • ramalem
    Options
    Hahaha. Love it. I definitely feel stronger Jen, and thats a good thing. I just wish my pants didn't feel so tight!

Merry Christmas everyone :)
  • sleepyjen
    Options
    Merry Christmas! We'll see if I get to the gym today. I might just take a walk into town instead and hit the gym tomorrow. I'm a wee dehydrated today.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    I finished A8 last night. I think I overdid it with the over head press and my neck is sore, but I am glad it's all done. Definite improvement from where I started. I am looking forward to doing the recovery work outs. it will be interesting to go back to where I started and see how much I progressed. I will do the first one on Sunday. Today is yoga and a long run tomorrow.
  • sleepyjen
    Options
    A7 here today. It went much better than Sunday's gym trip with headache! I'll finish through b8 next week but then I'll be out of town--I guess I'll be skipping the special workouts. Does it matter too much? Curious to hear from those of you with experience.
  • ramalem
    Options
    Morning ladies!

Just finished B8 today YAY! I will do my first AMRAP on Thursday and do the next on Monday (out of town over the weekend). I'm really excited to see how far I've come!

@Jen - not really sure how much it actually matters. I think it's more to show yourself the progress you've made. You could also just do them when you get back for fun!
  • sleepyjen
    Options
    Hi! And that's a good point. I was just posting in the daily chat thread that I might not even get my two last stage 1 workouts in for weather. Alas! Cheers to you for getting through!
  • lporter229
    Options
    I did my first (workout A) AMRAP workout yesterday. I started this whole thing using 12 lb dumbbells, so that's what I stuck with. I have admit that some of the exercises were pretty easy at that weight, even from the beginning, but I did see definite progress! The easiest was the squats. I did 75 squats and could have kept going but I stopped because I felt like I was just going through the motions. I also did the following:

30 push ups
    50 bent rows (12 lbs each)
    30 step ups each leg (12 lbs, 14"step)
    20 jack knifes (still hate those!)

Looking forward to seeing how many lunges I can do on the B workout. All in all, I think level 1 was a pretty good success and I am looking forward to moving on. I will be starting marathon training again after the first of the year so I don't know how it will fit with my schedule. I am going to try to do both, but I may have to back off a little on the lifting. We shall see.

hope everyone had a great holiday and has a fantastic New Years as well. See you all in 2014!
  • Blueberry09
    Blueberry09 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    75 Squats??!!! You rock, my friend!

I did my second round of AMRAP of workout one as I didn't wait any time between days the last time and I wasn't happy with my results. So I took two weeks off while on vacation (which was awesome!) and did it again this morning.

sqauts 30lb starting weight 25 reps
    pushups 8 full 25 from my knees
    seated rows 40lb start weight 65 reps (so easy! Tells me I started way too low!)
    Step ups 30lbs 25 each leg
    jacknifes 18

Workout B Thursday or Friday and then Stage 2 starts on Monday!
  • Blueberry09
    Options
    Special workout B this morning - not fantastic results. I was only able to do 20-30 reps of everything. Maybe the time off didn't help as much as I thought it would?

Stage 2 starts MONDAY!! :smile:
  • ramalem
    Options
    Good work blue!

I'm doing my first special workout today, and will do my next on Monday. I plan to take the rest of next week off lifting (just do HIIT) and will start Stage 2 on Jan 13th. Can't wait to hear how stage 2 goes for you! There are a lot of unfamiliar lifts in there for me.
  • sleepyjen
    Options
    A8 today. I don't have my spreadsheet handy but I reviewed it at the gym. My squats started at15 pounds, ended at 75. I ghost through some step ups with 25 lb dumbbells before my wrists begged off. I think I started with 8 or 10 lbs. I'll post the rest later when I hcve it in front of me; right now I'm killing time st Starbucks as my noon appt cancelled and I have another at 115.
  • lporter229
    Options
    That's quite a bump up on the squats Jen. Nice job!

Great job on stage one everybody. I will start stage 2 on Tuesday, hopefully. Looking forward to it!
  • Blueberry09
    Options
    Looks like we're all starting Stage 2 at about the same time :smile:

I photocopied all the exercises yesterday (easier than flipping thru the book) so I was able to take a good look at them - I gotta say - I'm terrified LOL
  • ramalem
    Options
    @blue - I am too :)
  • sleepyjen
    Options
    Thanks! So here are my complete 1a stats:

Squats: start 15 end 75
    Push-ups: start at angle against windowsill, end with knee push-ups. Oh well.
    Seated row: start 40 end 80 (barely-so hard!)
    Step up: started 10 end 25 (barely)
    I swapped jackknifes for crunches pretty early on a I used to have wrist issues.

Tadaaa! I'm pretty pleased, if I say so myself!

And me three, as to stage two. :noway:
  • bepeejaye
    bepeejaye Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Starting Stage 2 on Monday!!!

Go ladies!!!!
  • sleepyjen
    Options
    B8! Stage 1 complete.