What I did right today

Options

Replies

• jeanmrob
    jeanmrob Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    After a terrible day yesterday eating non stop rubbish....today has been much better.......all food logged and within allowances ....... a walk this morning and just a much better feeling of optimism and determination.....:bigsmile:

Jean
  • CrisEBTrue
    CrisEBTrue Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    YAY you!!!!

I did a bunch of yardwork today... All afternoon I had a bad case of the "I want to eat SOMETHING"s.

But I drank a couple big glasses of water (having discovered that sometimes when I think I need to eat, I'm just thirsty) and had some peanuts... having to shell the darn things slows me down. ha.
  • jeanmrob
    Options
    Good day foodwise and a walk this morning and a run this afternoon...glorious day weatherwise...blue sky and sunshine!

All good!:flowerforyou:

Jean
  • CrisEBTrue
    Options
    The weather is UGLY today. Cold. Drizzly. Ugh.

But! I slept really well last night and woke up freeling GREAT. I've been draggy for the last couple of days; not sure why..
    Anyway, I weighed in this morning and I'm down 2 lbs.

Going to avoid the scale for a week just in case that was a fluke... did about 25 minutes on the exercise bike...
    So far. So good.

I'm making tilapia for dinner with broccoli and french fries. NO fries for me!!

:drinker:
  • DreamOn145
    DreamOn145 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Is there any way to set up a thread so the most recent post is that the top? this one is getting a bit cumbersome. what I did right today was planning ahead with my meals. I am bad about that but I am getting better, especially with more recipes that I use in here now
  • jeanmrob
    Options
    Managed a 2 mile run..and so far eating well.........:bigsmile:

Jean
  • CrisEBTrue
    Options
    Is there any way to set up a thread so the most recent post is that the top? this one is getting a bit cumbersome. what I did right today was planning ahead with my meals. I am bad about that but I am getting better, especially with more recipes that I use in here now

I agree. I was looking to see if there is a way to "sort" the topics so that the newest post is on top... but I don't see it.
    If somebody else knows about this, let us know!!!

Today I did my 25 minutes of exercise.. I'm doing ok on calories and even had room to fit in a little snack (graham crackers with my coffee.. whee)

:drinker:
  • Persistent20
    Persistent20 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Chris, Jean and Dream. I love your positive posts. We all need this positive focus. Congratulations on your achievements.

I logged my food yesterday and today. Also re-measured myself today and am showing steady progress. Inches provide a nice balance to the focus on weight and food.

Feel really good about finishing some tasks that have been dragging me down-finally gave away our unused piano and have been getting extra exercise trying furniture in different places. I love getting things done!

Persistent
  • Persistent20
    Persistent20 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Great insight. We tend to be so hard on ourselves when we are really doing something amazing and exceedingly difficult.

Persistent
  • CrisEBTrue
    Options
    Great insight. We tend to be so hard on ourselves when we are really doing something amazing and exceedingly difficult.

Persistent

I agree.
    It CAN be really tough. I have been losing and it feels good. But. We're going on a trip in a couple of weeks, so I've been going through my wardrobe sorting out stuff to take. I pulled out a forgotten pair of jeans that fit me at the end of 2012 and.. Well. It was NOT pretty. :sick:
    I thought that moving across the country, packing, unpacking, setting up a new house would keep the weight off, but OBVIOUSLY I was wrong. (Who me? I didn't make all those brownies uh UH, nope nope...) :huh: And I haven't yet lost
    enough to fit into them yet.

But. I WILL. I'm going to IGNORE the slight DOWNER I got when I realized I "grew" out of those pants, and just focus on staying focused. If that makes sense.

(And I'm going to be able to fit into the other eleventy pairs of pants I kept that no longer fit me)

:laugh:
  • DreamOn145
    DreamOn145 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Crisbtrue where did you move from and to? I am also getting ready to pack and move (presently house hunting) and I sooooo dread all that work! On the positive side I am not working now so that is a huge help!

I agree with you that it would be a lot easier if the threads had the most recent post first. Is there any way to change that?

As for what I did right today, I am so impressed with myself!! I had the most productive day that I have had since I quit working (now in my 7th week). Today I drank six glasses of water for the first time, took the LONG version of my walk with the dogs, did my exercise bike with the new increased tension level, and topped it off with about 20 minutes of yoga!! Yeaaaaaa!!! I also cooked from my light recipes and measured and weighed all of my food!

And I will conclude with another mantra that I am going to post on a card on my bathroom mirror "Exercise is the Fountain of Youth!!!"
  • jeanmrob
    Options
    Well done DreamOn...that was a fab day!

I have just done my first ever 10k run! I have run round my lake twice a few times in the past and was hoping today to get round three times to get up to 10k. When I set off it was very windy and I was doubtful that I would get round...but I slowed right down when the wind was in my face and speeded up when it was behind me and just kept on going.....and I did it! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Jean
  • Rebamae
    Rebamae Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job Jean! Job well done!
    Yesterday was my first day - as I did do a few things right - water, below calories, healthy snacks. But I need to make better choices - I need to walk, walk & walk! I also need more veggies. Today will be a better day!!
  • BobbieInCA
    BobbieInCA Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Every new day can be a great one. We have choices we can make, no matter what the day brings. Let's make good ones!
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,757 Member
    Options
    What I did right:

Logged in changed my weight, I have added 9 lbs, not lost, so far this year. I lost my mojo in all the bad weather and I have had sinus infection, some weird stomach flu stuff, you'd think I would have lost something with that but nope. So it was stand in my truth day, I've adjusted my ticker etc. I'm starting over. Atleast I woke up before I gained it all back!!

Got the TRX strength training set for home use, hubby is locating a good spot to put it up.

Eating fresh fruit, lean meats, so far I am on track with eating today.

Forgave my self for losing focus, dusted myself off and got on line.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,757 Member
    Options
    Well done DreamOn...that was a fab day!

I have just done my first ever 10k run! I have run round my lake twice a few times in the past and was hoping today to get round three times to get up to 10k. When I set off it was very windy and I was doubtful that I would get round...but I slowed right down when the wind was in my face and speeded up when it was behind me and just kept on going.....and I did it! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Jean

You ROCK Jean, great accomplishment.
  • yturie47
    yturie47 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    "Yesterday is a memory. Tomorrow is but a dream. Live fully today - for today is Life." - somebody said this

Don't be discouraged. You know what to do, and you can do it again! Warm weather will help all of us to be more active.
  • Rebamae
    Rebamae Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    I am probably "butting in" where i don't belong - but, what if we start a new thread at the beginning of each month, then it will not get so long.
    Just an idea, but I really like looking at the positive since I have a habit of being down on myself and looking at what I have done wrong.
    Thanks!
  • bvifun
    bvifun Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I am probably "butting in" where i don't belong - but, what if we start a new thread at the beginning of each month, then it will not get so long.
    Just an idea, but I really like looking at the positive since I have a habit of being down on myself and looking at what I have done wrong.
    Thanks!
    I agree. That would be a good idea.
  • ker95texas
    ker95texas Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    We had planned on picking up shrimp & boiling it for dinner. I had no 'Plan B' in place (I'm easy, but hubby needs something more than boiled chicken!). Rick ended up working late, so I knew the shrimp place would be closed & he would be in no mood to clean them, so suggested a Mexican place that was close by where we had to pick up his truck that was in the shop.

This restaurant does not post their nutrition on line, but they do have a copy of their menu. I did the best i could at estimating what the meal I decided to order would be. Ignored the chips and dip (not quite sure how - they have the BEST green dip), asked for a togo box when I ordered dinner & put half the entree in there immediately. Limited myself to one tortilla at dinner, barely touched the rice and ignored the sour cream.

When I got home, I found that i still had enough 'room' for desert and - bonus - now have my dinner for tomorrow set (with no tortilla).

Didn't do as much walking as I should have today, but nailed restaurant dinner, so I'm happy :smile: