December workout reports

Options

Replies

• Fittreelol
    Fittreelol Posts: 2,535 Member
    Options
    Omg I started axle training today and it was awesome yet sucky! It's so HEAVY. Ugh. I worked up to bench 93 5x5 and Squats 155 5x5,. When I got to working weight the axle felt about 30 lbs heavier than it should have. I hope I get used to this soon! Added in curls 3x12 for that elbow tendonitis. Then I finished up with an axle complex rdlx5, overhead squatx5, good morningx5, reverse lungex5 per leg, and bent over rowx5. Repeated 4 times. My training partner and I alternated rests so I shaved 4! minutes off my time and was about to pass out after the last row.
  • upsidedownjelly
    Options
    First post here, whee. I just finished W5D1 for stronglifts.

105 squats
    80 (!!) bench. For some reason in high school/college sports I "couldn't" break 65 pounds. So I'm stoked, and cannot weight to hit 100.
    95 pendlays. I backed off from adding weight (should be at 110) to reevaluate my form. I think I fixed it and it felt MUCH better. I still loathe these, though.

So far, with the exception of OHP and the Pendlay form, I haven't had too hard of a time yet. Squats are getting heavy feeling and I have to focus more on my form. I haven't actually stalled on anything but highly suspect this week's 75 pound OHP will do the trick.
    I love deadlifting and am REALLY curious how much I can actually lift.
  • lwoodroff
    lwoodroff Posts: 1,431 Member
    Options
    Squat 65kg 5 (only cos the crossfit kid appeared behind me in the prison-shower-rape position and I didn't want him to follow through!), 4, 5 - but I stopped at 4 on the second set as my form was to pot and the last couple of reps on the last set were squat mornings. I need this belt! Need to make some decisions and get ordering...

Press - 35kg 3x5 FINALLY! Cue cheers and red carpets. The secret (as I don't think my 'wiggle' is perfect by any means) for me has been breathing at the top, and then touch-and-go at the chest, no hanging around.

Deadlift - 80kg x 5

But the best thing? Seeing a tiny girl saunter in, with the loveliest shoulders you could ever drool over, and proceed oly lifting.. training for an open comp in the Spring. I think I've got a girl crush!
  • vendygirl
    vendygirl Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    I remember now why I drag my *kitten* out of bed at 5am to get to the gym when it opens at 6am, the gym tonight was INSANITY. I was lucky enough to get the squat rack for my squats.

Squats 110lb 5x5
    OHP - moved out as the rack was in high demand and did DB 30lbs each - 4,4,5,4,4
    DL - 95lbs I was going to try 100 but all the blasted plates were gone (I told you it was crowded)

not my finest lift day. I am lucky I got it in at all. Dragging my butt out of bed at 5am Thursday for sure!
  • lwoodroff
    Options
    but you did it anyway! well done!
  • girlie100
    girlie100 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    OK mondays was accessory day so:
    Chin ups 6,5,5
    2 Dumbbell row - 20kg 3x6
    cable curls - 23kg 3x10
    reverse crunch 3x14 (feet not touching floor)
    rowing machine 6x 500m sprints

Tues was recovery and conditioning
    Front Squat 20kg x 5 then 2x5 @ 37.5kg
    Push Press (M) 32.5kg 3x5
    then 2,4,6,8 drill in the dark rain on seriously waterlogged grass lol

2,4,6,8 drill is:
    run 2x 800yds
    run 4x 400yds
    sprint 6x200yds
    sprint 8x100yds
    rest walk same distance between sets
  • jcdoerr
    jcdoerr Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Wow, nice work everyone! You rock! Close to finishing up week 4, in what could be my last official lifting session for 2 weeks what with holiday travel coming up.... Does anyone know if doing at least some body weight work will keep me from regressing too much in 2 weeks??? :huh:

Squats: 5x5 @ 100# (Was only supposed to be at 90# but had a brain fart and accidentally loaded an extra 10# on the bar. No wonder it felt really heavy under that first set...but still managed all 5 sets!)
    Bench: 5x5 at 70#
    Rows: 5x5 at 85#...these are getting tough and I think my form is starting to crumble so I might stay here for a little while.

Then 2 miles of sprint intervals!
  • debress
    debress Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Yesterday:
    Squats = 108 pounds, 5x5
    Bench = 75 pounds, 5x5
    Row = 78 pounds, 5x5

This stuff is starting to get heavy! I practiced dumping the bar in the squat rack (without any plates on it) so that I can do it comfortably if I ever have to. All I have to do is sit down, as long as I have the safety pins in the right place. Had a couple close calls on the squats, but was able to do 5x5. Might be getting to the limit of what I can do with the row without serious form problems. I think I'm curling my hands under instead of keeping my wrist neutral, to get the last little bit of the lift.

Tomorrow I will be deloading on OHP, as I've had 3 failures at 60 pounds. A little bummed about it, but I think I will soon be looking at deloads on several other lifts. I keep telling myself that I am stronger now than when I started, and possible stronger than I have ever been. That and seeing you all lifting like beast women is what keeps me going.
  • kirabob
    kirabob Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    @debress - I had to deload OHP at 60 pounds, then again at 75 - that's where I was when I switched to Wendler 4 months ago. It's a tough, tough lift. Progress takes time, failure is part of your success!

Yep, it's that time of year where all of a sudden the gym is full no matter when I go. Thankfully I was able to jump in to the rack today and then monopolize it. It's not my fault if the boys are too shy to ask when I'm going to be done or if they can work in. :smile:

Yoga yesterday - challenging after bench day, but boy oh boy did it feel good!

Two workouts in 1 today:
    Wendler Cycle 4, week 2
    Squats
    Warmups
    5 @ 95
    5 @ 120
    3 @ 140

Working
    3 @ 165
    3 @ 190
    4 @ 215 New rep PR!
    3 @ 190
    7@165 I have just started pyramiding my squats. I like it.

Then,
    Wendler, Cycle 4, Week 3
    OHP
    Warmups
    5 @ 45
    5 @ 50
    3 @ 60

Working
    5 @75
    3 @ 85
    1 @ 95 - I probably had two, but I was so excited after hitting just the one that I lost focus for the 2nd. Oops.

Then someone actually DID ask for the rack, so instead of pyramiding I went over to the block and powercleaned the bar for 3 x10 @ 50 pounds of OHP assistance work.

I just got Beyond 5/3/1, so once I figure it all out I'm going to be figuring out what works best for me.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies...

Missed Monday...emotional upheveal...no sleep, no food...but all is good now.

So workout A today

5x5 Squats 105 all good
    5x5 BP 105 (deloaded down to 100 last time due to failure) but this time got em out with lots to spare.
    5x5 Row 105 (how convienient eh) I remember now why I workout barefoot tho

I workout at home too and the reason being the gym here being too busy.

@lydia...loin fruit......love it. I call my man child.
  • vendygirl
    vendygirl Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    @sexystuff - Nice numbers!
    @kira - 2 works out in one. Awww yeah.

It seemed pretty dead this morning but I haven't been to my gym on TH morning in a long time.

Squat 115lb 5x5
    Row 45lbs 1x5, 55lbs 4x5, 60lbs 1x5 - I think I finally have the form down so slowly going to get the weight up
    Bench 95lbs 5x5
  • roxylola
    roxylola Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Woohoo Steff back squatting and shifting some fair weight there too.

Vendygirl, I could never crack Pendlays so well done lol!

Kira, that is some serious lifting there.

Debress it's all progress, even a deload as it means you are improving your form also.

So I got to the gym after work, although when I got in and had all my diy to do I sort of wished I had not.

3 sets of one leg glute bridges (20 per leg) and 12 39kg pull downs. Tough tough tough, the pulls are sets of 8 -12 so now I can do 12 next week I need to get the weight up a bit ready for the negative chin ups the week after (otherwise I may just find I am crashing off the pull up bars a lot)
    3 sets of 20 step ups and 10kg dumbell OHP. I managed 10, 6 and 8 of the OHP still so hard! my 6 set I should have rested a bit longer. It's still more than I have managed before and I am starting to feel more even at it. There is a point during this part where I just seem to lose all coordination and really struggle with what I am doing.
    3 sets of 20 back extensions (unweighted) again more than I have managed before but so tiring
    and 30 crunches with 30 side crunches x 2.

Of what I am doing at the moment this is my least favourite workout for reasons I cannot explain. Tomorrow's is my favourite but I am not looking forward to it just now.
  • roxylola
    roxylola Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Managed a short workout this morning, needed the sleep too much.
    3 sets of 1 min glute marches and 10 32kg seated cable rows
    2 sets of 12 18kg goblet squats and 8 12kg incline bench

And then I had to have my shower lol!
  • girlie100
    girlie100 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Good session yesterday :)

Squat:
    20kg x 10, 40kg x 5, 60kg x 3, 70kg x 1, 80kg x 1, 90kg x 3 did 90kg with a belt and felt like a nice little hug whilst squatting :)

Bench:
    30kg x 5, 40kg x 3, 52.5kg x2

Deadlift:
    70kg x 5, 90kg x 3, 100kg x 1, 120kg x 3 - First time using a belt for DL and made it so much easier I was shocked!!

Box Jumps
    3x10

Reverse Lunge:
    3x10 @ 45kg
  • lwoodroff
    Options
    Hit my squat 3x5 65kg! Exciting!
    Bench - deload - 40kg 3x5 no issues.

Then because my new deadlift socks arrived I threw in a couple of sets at 60kg. Just so I could look like a bumble bee!
  • kirabob
    Options
    Girlie - you do NOT screw around, do you? :smile:

Yoga again yesterday
    Wendler, Cycle 4, Week 3
    Deadlifts
    Warmups
    5 @ 100
    5 @ 125
    3 @ 150

Working
    5 @ 185
    3 @ 210
    3 @ 235
    3 @ 210
    7 @ 185

I was short on time, and tired from being at the gym every day this week so I called it quits after my main lift and went home. To eat. And then eat some more. And then after that I ate. :smile:
  • lwoodroff
    Options
    Lol no but it's same old same old here!
  • Fittreelol
    Fittreelol Posts: 2,535 Member
    Options
    Yay! I forgot my belt at home so I had an axle bench day. I took wendler to heart and did assisted pull ups between sets, but at a semi easy weight. Thus my workout looked like this (pullups are the amount I'm actually pulling up):

Bench 43x5
    Pull up 60x5
    Bench 65x5
    Pull up 80x5
    Bench 75x5
    Pull up 100x5
    Bench 90x5
    Pull up 110x5
    Bench 105x5
    Pull up 110x5
    Bench 115x5
    Bench 135x3
    Bench 140x1
    Bench 145x1

Then I did my axle complex for 4 rounds. Now it's ice cream time!
  • kirabob
    Options
    Tree- I'm all tired reading that!

Lydia - looking good - do you look down or out? Just curious.