General chit chat part 2

Options

Replies

• PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,702 Member
    Options
    I hope everybody and their loved ones are okay. Stay warm!
  • p1xyn1xy
    p1xyn1xy Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Well my baby is only the mend, still has a bit of a vicious cough but her energy is back. Interesting weekend so far... :P Went looking at showhomes ( for fun and to get out of the house to do some walking. lol!) Get back to the car and the tire is flat. DH is changing the tire and because the ground is slippery, the jack keeps sliding out. Ended out there for almost an hour while he does this two more times. THEN realizes the parking brake isn't on. Step 1 in the manual. He changes them often because we are constantly getting nails and screw in them somehow. He didn't even look. By then the kids are starving and fading fast and we head to the closest restaurant. Not great for my calories but I'll live. Off to work today. Made a challenge on another forum that I'll eat out only twice this month now... my birthday and valentines. I need to break my dependency. My food log looks like a list of local joints this week. :blushing: oops!

Crystal, I hope your mom got a chance to come out for the concert! How did your first app't go?
    Holly, Etherlily, Paula? Hanging in there?
    Have a great weekend everyone!!!
  • Crystallee145
    Crystallee145 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    My mom made it to town Thursday night. By Friday night she had the flu. She is on the mend, but couldn't make it to the concert. My grandma and I went and had a blast. I found out it was my grandma's very first concert. I'm so happy I could experience that with her!

My first appointment at the UofM went well. I was planning on starting the new program today, but then realized it's Super Bowl Sunday and this is not an ideal day. Maybe when I'm farther a long in the program I will be ok with gatherings, but not on day 1.

So, tomorrow it is.

Pixy glad to hear your baby is on the mend and oh my about the tire.

Safe travels Dward!

Everyone have a good week!
  • PaulaKro
    Options
    Hey kids,

Well it's raining in my neighborhood of California. A welcome sight during the worst drought in many many years. The H20 is skipping us here and freezing everyone else who is back East, and South, oh yeah and in Canada!

Gonna watch SuperBowl today with a huge SeaHawks fan (my hubbie). Normally we record and skip commercials, but today the commercials are half the fun. I've already seen a Budweiser ad circulating facebook about a puppy and the Clydesdales. You know it's a good ad if you can remember what they're advertising.

Another favorite ad of mine is where these big boys steal a smaller boy's football and tell him to come back when he has a team. So his mom drives him around and they pick up his friends (also small boys); a weight-lifter, one rescuing a fire victim, a blacksmith, and a few others. When they come back to play, the big boys sneer "touch or t..." at which point the new team chimes in unison "TACKLE!" and you know they're going to slaughter them. Still makes me giggle. Is that strange?

Oh by the way, that ad is for a car. Don't know or care which one. All you see is the boys sitting inside. Odd...

Glad your loved ones and relatives are on the mend. Hope you all are well and warm!

Best,
    Paula
  • hollyla9905
    Options
    Sorry for the disappearing Act, I managed to get a stomach bug and have hardly had much energy. I am back at work today but I really wish I had opted for another day at home my tummy is angry!

On Friday I am heading out of town for the weekend with a few friends, I am a little worried that I won't be feeling great by then!

I have a bit of reading and catching up to do! Hope everyone has a great day!!!
  • p1xyn1xy
    Options
    Crystal that sounds like a great time to have with your grandma! :smile: Too bad about your mom though... I bet she was a bit bummed. I saw you posting about your new eating plan. It looks tricky ... I'm glad they're offering you so much support though!

Jess, I :heart: your new profile pic... very cute!

Paula, the commercial with the Clydesdales is absolutely adorable.

Holly, I hope you're feeling better... sounds like that bug hit you hard. Sometimes all you can do is crawl back in bed and cover up your head. :ohwell:

I had my first app't with the bariatric weight centre here today. I've been on a waiting list for 8 months. It went well, but I'm feeling anxious about the whole thing. I'm not one for histrionics, so I'm not sure what I'm scared of but I don't like the feeling much. :sick:
    Hope I'll shake off the feeling soon... this is going to be a great help to me. My next app't is next Friday w/ the Dietition.

Oh! And my husband for Valentines is taking us to a special couples Salsa lesson. :love: Woo Hoo, I'm going dancing!!! So much fun!
  • just_jess7
    just_jess7 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Crystal I'm sorry your mom got sick! I'm glad you had fun with your grandma, though, how cool to get to experience her first concert with her! I hope that your new eating plan is going well :-)

Paula, I adored some of the Super Bowl commercials! The Budweiser one and the Cheerios one were among my favorites.

Holly, I'm sorry you're not well! I hope that by your trip you are feeling better, I know how miserable it can be to travel whilst sick. I hope you enjoy yourself!

Pix, I'm glad to hear your appointment went well, I hope that you're able to move on with the program and shake off that feeling you're having. Thanks, by the way! I took it Sunday, did my makeup a bit over the top in support of my Seahawks.

Not much new around here other than that it's cold and we've finally got the snow we've been waiting on all winter. I have a debate tournament again this weekend, which means early starts both Friday and Saturday (5am and I are not good friends nor will we ever be, I fear). I'm just hoping that I have some time to get homework in during the tournament!

I hope all are well, and that the coming up weekend treats everyone fantastically!
  • PaulaKro
    Options
    Whoo, Jess. Another night owl! Love your new pic.

I had to look at your profile to see where you were. Couldn't imagine a place where it hadn't frozen yet. I'm just south of you. We're finally getting rain. Such a relief!

Paula
  • just_jess7
    just_jess7 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    It's one degree here. A single, measly degree. That's not even a temperature anymore!

I shouldn't complain, I know, but I grew up in southern California and I'm just not a fan of being cold.

Thanks, Paula! I hope you're having an enjoyable evening :-)
  • Ignaura
    Ignaura Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    You mean 1*F? -178C?!?!?!?!? :O :O :O How do people survive with that kind of cold?!?!?!?! #LifeInTheTropics
  • Crystallee145
    Options
    Well, I'm on Day 4 of the new program and getting thru it. It's been quite the experience so far sometimes I'm full after a shake and dont want anything for hours, then there are times I do want food. Like at night, when I used to graze on whatever was in cupboards and fridge. During this time my mind thinks I"m hungry, but my body is feeling the need. I was told that this is the same 'liquid' diet that bariatric patients use at the UofM weight management center. So, I know I have to succeed at this, becuase baritric surgery is the remaining option, and I'll have to do the shakes again. So, goal is to get thru these 12 weeks day by day. I do look forward to February 17th when I can begin to add non-starchy vegetables!

I like snow, but Michigan has seen more than it's share of snow and cold weather for the witner season!!!!

Pixy, I'm glad the appointment went well. The decision is not easy and process is life changing, so I hope you shake the nerves! Enjoy the Salsa lesson! That sounds like a lot of fun!

Jess, I used to be a night owl, then I had twins who wake up at 6:30 am no matter how late they went to bed. So, now I go to be early and wake up early. Best of luck with the debates and getting up at 5:00 :yawn:

Holly, I hope you feel better and enjoy the weekend
  • hollyla9905
    Options
    Cindy: I'm glad you got to see the concert with your grandma and I hope your mom feels better fast! Your new program sounds like it comes with some big changes!

Ignaura: 1 degree is not so cold I have woken up and seen the temperature at -48 that's pretty much the same in Celsius and F! I don't know how we survive it either but we are considering a warmer climate!
    Jess I do feel bad for you though when your used to the warm it is awful when it gets so cold! Have fun at your debate :)

Pixy: I'm glad your appointment went well, I am sure you will work through your nerves and it will all work out in the end
    There is a saying: "everything turns out right in the end, if it's not right it's not the end"

So I am feeling way better, still tired but that's mostly because I have become addicted to watching this tv series called the shield on netflix! I stayed up entirely too late last night and binge ate at like 1130 at night. My pay back... No weight loss this week when I probably could have! So I have almost kicked my diet Pepsi addiction to where I want it, max 1 soda each day! I have had the same bottle of diet coke on my desk since Sunday and it's not even half way done! My next step is to forbids soda at work all together. I actually miss the hydrated feeling of the water I mostly have had tea and ginger ale with being sick! And I am almost half way to saving up for the treadmill, I am very excited about buying it and actually getting to walk year round without having to go to a store with my kids...

Anyways brake is over... I will try and pop in tomorrow from the hotel :)
  • PaulaKro
    Options
    You mean 1*F? -178C?!?!?!?!? :O :O :O How do people survive with that kind of cold?!?!?!?! #LifeInTheTropics
    Ha Ha ! LOL
  • PaulaKro
    Options
    There is a saying: "everything turns out right in the end, if it's not right it's not the end"
    Oh, I like that!
  • Crystallee145
    Options
    Paula - I agree, I like Holly's quote too!

it's now hanging in my office
  • p1xyn1xy
    Options
    That's a great quote Holly! I like that! Wow, you are really serious about that treadmill, if already saved that much! Good for you! I'd like one too, my dh got me one that was for sale on Kijiji... not too expensive. The motor was crap (wouldn't move the belt for anyone over 250, and then badly) and then we had to get rid of it. So he is leery of me getting another one. I plan on getting a gym membership so I can do both swimming and treadmill. But we are discussing "where" right now. I want to go to the Y which is closest to my house. He wants a family pass at the rec centre so its not so expensive to go swimming with the kids (that's where their lessons are) but it's farther away. Convenience is important to me. If its to hard to do, I won't do it. We'll see. Oh and great job cutting back on the pop!!! I'm impressed because the thought is horrifying to me! :laugh:

Ignaura that's so funny! The cold isn't that bad... you get used to it, even if you don't like it. It's -14 today and I'm planning to boot the kids outside for awhile to play. They have been asking for too much screen time lately. LOL! I don't understand how you can take all that heat. I get heatstroke pretty fast and have to be careful. Still though... warm would be nice about now.:tongue:

Crystal, I not really considering any procedures right now... that wasn't my problem. But they want me to right an emotional journal about my thoughts and feelings when I eat. I feel very uncomfortable about that. I'm starting to calm down. I have another app't next Friday... I'll see how it goes. You seem to be going strong on the new diet plan. Congrats on the 5lb drop!!!

Jess I hope you had fun at the debate!

I'm going bat crazy... entered a groundhog challenge. Like the movie, practice 1 thing everyday for a month till you get it right. Well I swore off eating out (except for my birthday and Valentines Day). Now I'm going stir crazy because I know if I go out to do something w/ the kids, I'll stop somewhere. ARGH! I need out, but I hate losing a challenge!
  • dward59
    dward59 Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you all would love the movie; The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel.

Great flick and where that quote comes from.
  • p1xyn1xy
    Options
    I saw the promo on Netflix and it looked interesting. I will probably watch it now on " laundry folding" Tuesday. :D It takes hours to get through it all. :tongue: So I watch a grown up show. It keeps the kids out of the room and jumping on the piles! If it does not contain cartoons it is NOT worth their time. :laugh:
  • hollyla9905
    Options
    Quiet room the past few days :).

I went on my girls weekend, I had a plan, the other 3 girls trumpeted it with 3 extra meals out on top of the ones we had agreed too, so I spent extra money and lots of extra calories! I don't feel great today but I am thinking it's 3 nights of bad sleeping! I came home to a sick little guy, sounds like strep throat but I don't want to rush the antibiotics, if he is still sick tomorrow I will try and arrange a babysitter for the day, today I only had a half day so I am just bringing him to work, he can lay down there and hopefully will feel better. I am against antibiotics until necessary which means my kids might have one dose a year, and the last time one of them got any was my daughter when she got a human bite.

Pixy: I like the idea of folding clothes and watching adult shows to keep them out, I hate folding laundry!!!
  • p1xyn1xy
    Options
    Holly, I'm so sorry you chicklet is sick! :frown: I hope he's feeling better. It's so hard with sick kids now...there really is nothing safe to give them.

Yep tomorrow is laundry day... adult movie here I come. Should I watch a romantic comedy to drive the boys right off the upper level? :laugh: I don't get to watch many shows anymore. I used to go to movies all the time. I miss it... but they'll grow up soon enough. :ohwell:
    Anyway it's very late. Hope everyone had a great day!... night!
This discussion has been closed.