General chit chat part 2

Options

Replies

• hollyla9905
    Options
    The little guy broke his fever last night and went to school today and since the day is almost done I'm guessing his Advil held strong all day! I am still tired though, I found the hardest part of kicking my pop habit is also kicking caffeine, so I am trying to alternate some!
    I think I have finally found my new Greek yogurt it has 80 cals 12 g of protein and potassium!
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,702 Member
    Options
    I'm waiting for this week to end. Monday I was stuck in the elevator for almost two hours. Maintenance tried, then the fire department, then the elevator company had to jack it open. Got my workout done there: planks, dips, pushups, windmills, leg lifts.

Then last night, one sister called to say our other sister was on her way to the hospital because our Mom had stroke-like symptoms. Turns out she had two mini-strokes (TIA's), but an MRI showed no clots. They're doing tests to see if the plaque is breaking off. Maybe she'll be agreeable about taking her meds now. I love her.

Everything is back to almost normal, but still... Stressed...

Paula
  • p1xyn1xy
    p1xyn1xy Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Holly, I'm glad he's sprung back ok! What are you doing for caffeine? Awesome about the yogurt! Does it taste ok?

Paula, so sorry about your mom. That must've been very scary. I'm glad everything has settled back down. She won't take her meds? :huh: "Parents!" My mom doesn't believe in doctors. She believes that she can fix everything naturpathically. Which is fine, but she'll be so sick, she can barely move (and other things) and she won't go to a doctor. I'm really worried that one of these times she'll take it too far. :frown: Hopefully this the end of your crappy week.

I'm pretty much taking the next two days off. I'll be careful but I don't really want obsess about it. My birthday today and I'm going out to Valentines tomorrow! So much fun!!!! I was also thinking of taking the kids to the Lego movie on Saturday. :D
  • Etherlily1
    Etherlily1 Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    Sorry for suddenly disappearing. The depression and psychosis with my dissociative symptoms became too much. On the 3rd, I couldn't get up to go to water aerobics. I needed to get an activity in as part of my program and opted for a depression support group at the NAMI Hope Center. After I told them what was happening they called 911. I ended up at Mercy and was admitted tot he Marian Center that evening. I just got out yesterday at 4:06 PM. It has taken 27 hospitalizations over the last couple of years to find one that was mostly helpful. Unfortunately though, despite my protests of being placed on Lithium again I put back on the drug. The result is a pretty heft weight gain. I am not sure where the weight gain is going to stop, if it does. I am feeling bummed about watching my hard work disappear over something I am not convinced is helping me. I believe the thing that helped was putting me back onto the anti-depressant I had been that helped but was taken off of because the inpatient doctor didn't like the medication. They also discovered my magnesium level was low along with my B12 level. I believe it was the adding of essential nutrients and the anti-depressant that helped and not the lithium. It was also discovered that despite being at the FDA limit for lamictal (lamotrigine) that I was not really in therapeutic range and it was increased. Because I have olafactory hallucinations they did an EEG to discover I have abnormal brainwave patterns. I am supposed to see a neurologist to investigate it further.

I made a lot of progress with therapy. I have reconnected to my spirituality and am receiving guidance from Aine, goddess of change, along with the Crone aspect of the Great Mother Dana. I know I have a long road ahead of me trying to keep my body from falling apart due to the lithium and new medications. I have to find a balance again in my life. But for the first time, since I was about fifteen, I feel like I have a chance to live, and to actually pursue my dreams. It will take a bit to get the meds settled as I am still dealing with some depression and visual hallucinations or spiritual apparitions, not sure which.

Well, that is a lengthy update. I'll read over more of the thread to see if I can get caught up.Thank you all for your support. It was reassuring to know I had this group to return to once I was out of the hospital. Thank you.
  • hollyla9905
    Options
    Pixy: I basically cut myself off caffeinated pop, I now drink caffiene free, and only have my caffien shot first thing in the morning with my tea, I am drinking less pop and I have finally started to detox from it! I wish the restaurants here offered diet 7-up or other caffiene free soda but it's all diet coke/Pepsi!
    The yogurt is good but I'm not sure I can but it in canada, I am loving the Greek yogurt it's so creamy so I never feel like I'm swallowing slime!
    And Happy Birthday :)

Paula: I'm glad your mom is feeling better those mini strokes can be terrifying on their own! At least she got to the hospital! I hope she follows her medical advice!

Etherlilly: I feel for you Having to go through that! Getting back into your routine will help a lot, and even if you experience some weight gain side effects you can still work on a healthy life style and your hard work won't be for nothing!
    I don't have individual experience with mental health to that extent but I have family experience! My sister takes lithium as well and has to be crazy careful! No matter what your good drugs are I hope you find it! Keep persistent about your treatment you know yourself and were able to get help!!!

So the happenings for me this week: drinking lots of water! My husband quit his long distance truck job on Monday so he has just a few weeks left of that and than he will be home more often! I guess my tears finally got to him, I hate him being far away all the time I didn't get married so I could have a relationship with my cell phone!

Hope everyone has a great valentines day - I'm going out with my gf cause my husband is just leaving Georgia after being stuck for 4 days!
  • Crystallee145
    Crystallee145 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Hi All - I hope you had a nice Valentines Day!

I fell off the wagon and getting back on is harder than I thought. So here's to today, following plan!
  • PaulaKro
    Options
    My husband quit his long distance truck job on Monday so he has just a few weeks left of that and than he will be home more often! I guess my tears finally got to him, I hate him being far away all the time I didn't get married so I could have a relationship with my cell phone!
    Congratulations, Holly. That is so great!!

Crystal, let me know if there's anything I can do. You want to check in daily and let us know how you're doing? Then we can talk to you and give you encouragement to stay strong.

I slipped a little today too. Y'know what got me? I'm starting a 7-day no trigger food challenge tomorrow, and the voice in my head (VIMH) said I "should have some today, for tomorrow we die(t)" and how did I fall for that one! So I had a cracker and chow mein I didn't need, but if I stop NOW I'll stay within limits. Wish me luck! Sending you strong thoughts!

Paula
  • PaulaKro
    Options
    Sounds like you all would love the movie; The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel.

Great flick and where that quote comes from.
    It's coming out next week, but we don't get HBO. Looks hilarious. Stunning cast!
  • just_jess7
    just_jess7 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Hi y'all! Just popping in to say I hope you're all having an excellent weekend, and that those of you who celebrated had a great Valentine's day!

The BF and I celebrated our anniversary this week and it was great, but I did indulge too much and I'm dealing with the repercussions of that now. I don't regret it, though.

We had to retire James, my scale, after the animals rough housed right next to it and killed it. We did get a replacement and named it Hans Von Muskel. I might be a bit ridiculous.

I hope you all have a nice, relaxing Sunday!
  • Crystallee145
    Options
    Paula - thank you, that means so much to me! I know when I check in daily I do much better. So, that is what I will do.

Today, I'm doing a lot better! I was out selling at a mom2mom sale and I took my shake packets with me and a couple bottles of water. My water went warm and my first shake tasted not so good - I like them ice cold. So, when it came time for the 2nd I went looking for ice water. I couldn't find anything! I was starting to feel light headed and such, so I ate a sloppy joe that another vendor was selling, I didn't eat the chips or any other crap that was there. So, in a way this is a win for me, I ate what I needed to not feel bad. Then when the vendor got ice water I went back and got one to make my 2nd shake. I know this program isn't easy, but when I follow it, I don't feel hungry, I don't get light headed.

Monday I go see the doctor and nutritionist at the UofM for my first follow-up since starting the program. I'm nervous and excited.

Jess - I think it's great you name your scales!

Have a great Sunday!

~Crystal
  • PaulaKro
    Options
    Crystal,

A sloppy joe was an excellent solution! Great protein source. And kudos for getting your shakes (protein shakes?) in!

I have a little thermos that I toss the (cold) almond milk and protein powder in and shake. It keeps it cold till I need it. I prefer it that way too, but with the almond milk, it's still tasty even if it's lukewarm. The thermos come in various sizes. I think mine is a pint; but I've been thinking of getting a quart for if I'm out longer.

This is such a life changer to lose weight. So exciting! I wore a short sleeved Tshirt today. Started doing workouts and weights in December and it's really helping with the bat wings. Felt like a pro. :blushing:

Good program! Good job!!

Paula
  • p1xyn1xy
    Options
    Holly, I'm glad that you'll get to see your hubby more. I must be see hard with him away so much. And you're doing great cutting out the pop! nice job!

Etherlily, I'm glad you got help when you realized things weren't right. Be strong, believe in yourself and great job coming back!

Dan, I saw the Exotic Marigold Hotel. It was great... so funny and real. I think I'm going to get my Mom to watch. I think she would like it and she hates most movies. WHAT a STELLAR CAST! wow!

Jess, congrats on your Anniversary! I hope you had a great time and Happy Valentines. :happy: I love the name of your scale... :laugh:

Crystal, your program sounds hard. Don't beat yourself up... sounds like you rolled with the punches and kept going. :)

Paula, when I get to the point to work on my "wings" you'll have to give me pointers. Great job!

I had a great time on Valentines. The Salsa class was so fun. My husband dropped me doing a dip though. lol! "I was trying to do a DIP!" :laugh: The instructor was checking to see if I was ok and I was on my knees lmao! We actually tripped over each others feet... but I'm not going to let him live it down for awhile. :tongue: I was totally over in my food though, but it was a planned cheat. Yesterday we took the kids to the Lego movie. It was very funny. All 3 kids enjoyed it. Today I worked an 11 hr shift. :tongue: I'm going to need to crash soon after I exercise.
  • Crystallee145
    Options
    So, the program is going better for me, I'm back on track. I met with the doctor and nutritionist yesterday. They are happy with my progress so far, 10 lbs in 2 weeks. My blood pressure medicine has been dropped in half! Woo Hoo! The doctor is a very good looking young man who wears Prada shoes - it took all I had not to giggle when I noticed the brand. I think his shoes cost more than a make in a month!

Pixy - your weekend sounds like you had fun :)

Dan - the more I see coments on the movie, I'm going to have to rent it! Sounds good.
  • just_jess7
    just_jess7 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Crystal - I'm glad the program is working for you so far! 10 pounds in 2 weeks is just incredible and you should be proud of yourself! Not to mention dropping your blood pressure meds - talk about reason to celebrate!

Confession: I name most inanimate objects - scales, our soda stream, my phone, my computer, etc. And every name has a reason attached to it.

Paula - A thermos is an excellent idea for protein shakes! I might have to pick one up for days I'm on the move and need something quick. Thanks for giving me the idea!

Pixy - Thank you! We had an excellent time celebrating. I owe the scale's name to my best friend - I had the Hans, she added the Von Muskel (muskel means muscle in Swedish). Salsa dancing sounds like so much fun! Though being dropped, not so much. At least you are okay!

Today is a pretty relaxing day in my neck of the woods - it's a rest day for me, which my body desperately needs (so so sore.) I will probably do some housework and some homework and O.D. on a few episodes of Bones!

We survived Monday, y'all!
  • hollyla9905
    Options
    I feel like it's been ages since I dropped in but probably only since Friday!!!

I have had a very busy weekend yet I'm not really sure what I did Saturday lol

Pixy: I also took my guy to the Lego movie it was good I really likes the ending and the story behind the story!

So today wasn't the best doctors appointment for me, I need to go back to see my doctor in a month but before that I need to loose 10 lbs, her expectation! She put me on a strict diet, I will use MFP to track still but need to adjust it to her standards, it is taking away some of my go to foods though, I mean more than the bad ones, like only having 1 fruit a day! I am really going to have to plan this out... My family isn't really supportive and my mom makes faces when I cook healthy foods! We don't get paid for 2 weeks so I can't buy the new foods till than but I also have to purge my cupboard or I will cheat, cause I am weak like that!
    I also had to go on a new medication, not the news I wanted, and I have to see her in 1 month and she wants me to be 140 lbs... Thats only a few below my long term goal!
    Funny part she said in 1 breath that if I follow her diet I won't have to exercise at all, weight will just leave me and than in the next breath she said I needed to be like a cave woman and expect nothing sweet, drinks are not meant to be sweet! And I'm fat cause I eat cheap food lol!

So off to plan my new diet! I might need a second job!
  • p1xyn1xy
    Options
    Crystal, that doctor must be thoroughly handsome if you bothered to notice his shoes. lol! DH thinks it is hilarious that I think his crohn's doctor is cute. But what is it about a well dressed man. :laugh: Great job on getting back on track.

Jess, I like "Bones" too, but there is no new episodes right now. :tongue: They're my late night tv watching along with, Elementary, NCIS, Agents of Shield and Grey's Anatomy. Can't let the kids see it... good thing I'm a night owl.

Holly, I hope your doctor's diet is healthy. It sounds kinda strict. I'm sorry your family is not supportive, that makes it hard. If you need a boost, come see us! :happy: Do you have any health concerns? I can't recall reading about them before?

So I've been a little quiet on the website recently. I saw the bariatric doctor last Friday. He upset me by asking questions about my past. But that's part of the process I expected it. He told me that I'm going overboard on the exercise and that I'm trying to overcompensate for my food. He said I shouldn't exercise as much and concentrate on my food. I LIKE to exercise and do Zumba. I LIKE to push myself that little bit farther to see if I can do something new. I WANTED to start the C25K in the spring. I'm ANGRY he didn't understand what was motivating me. He's worried that I'm going to hurt myself. I didn't get this far by being foolish. I know when to back off and when my body gets too tired. Besides that I'm also worried about juggling expenses this month because I just signed the kids up for soccer and then my hubby says he needs it for something else. :tongue: I'm worried that my oldest in gr.3 isn't doing that great in school and just came home with a fail mark on his unit test. I'm a bit of an emotional mess this week and really just want to dive into that box of chocolates I got for Valentines day and eat a bag of potato chips w/ creamcheese dip. :grumble:
  • hollyla9905
    Options
    Aww Pixy I feel for you! Stress seems to come in clusters! You do know your body best! I understand why doctors say the things they do, but it doesn't mean it hurts less! As for the financial stuff all you can do is try to find your balance, the kids need sports and thankfully you can use them on your taxes!!! We are always looking for new budget tricks but in the end I just spend it like a got it and hope for the best! And your boy, school is hard at the age! My boy is also in grade 3 and sometimes I wonder if he does anything but play Lego, it's so hard to let them struggle through it maybe you can email the teacher and see of she/he has any concerns! The fact that you came to vent it out and didn't just eat the chips is a good thing!! One step at a time :)

The doctors diet is healthy for me, I do get carbs and starches I just get a lot less of them than I like! I am diabetic, I have high blood pressure, I have also had a few cardiac concerns and with high blood pressure and diabetes and family history I am very high risk for heart issues! So at the doctors my resting heart rate was 103 and my bp was156/104 (on medication) my heart is working way to hard for nothing! In the past EKG has detected irregular heart rates and beats too, so my cardiologist insisted I loose weight, quit drinking and smoking (this was 5 years ago) I quit smoking and drinking but didn't loose weight and now I get to eat a cardiac/diabetic diet! I don't want to go back to the cardiologist ever so hopefully my family doctor can control this, and maybe this was the scare I needed! My desire to not see my doctor is only because I don't want to be told I'm fat even though I am, she is a good doctor! So I take diabetes and blood pressure pills and the new one is just to control my heart rate which by default should lower my blood pressure and hopefully I will start to feel better all over and get back to being healthy!
    The cardiac diet is reduced sodium and red meats, eggs that type of stuff so processed stuff, the diabetic is anything high I sugars natural or otherwise so it really can only be good for me!
  • p1xyn1xy
    Options
    Holly, So you pretty much lose all processed, and most eggs and red meat. And because you're diabetic... most sugars. OW! That's a lot of change... fast! You can do it... you have some excellent reasons to change. Just remember you have a right to be healthy and stand up to your family. Support is important and if they can't support... they shouldn't sabotage. (I have family members who would do this but thankfully I don't live with them. :) ) I bet you'll feel a lot better for the change after the first couple of weeks. It takes 21 days to create a new habit. You can do it!

AFM, No I didn't eat the potato chips. I did have 2 chocolates but there was room left in my calories. I decided to ignore the doc's advice about the exercise and just show him that I can do both. I'm paying close attention to my calories this week and 3/4 days I came within 50 of my goal (above and below). I'm also continuing my exercise... I am not eating back calories. It's not to bad, but if I get hungry at night... I just go to bed. lol! I have an app't with the nutritionist on Monday. Maybe she'll have ways to streamline this. Then I don't have to see anyone till April. :happy: .
    My oldest, while still not doing great. Got some nice grades on his at home projects (Mommy and Daddy help and standards). He is very proud and he should be.:drinker: He did some great work. Money is money... I'll swish to make it work and fix it next month! lol! :ohwell: Work did actually give me a raise. :huh: They gave me more than the starting wage and less than they should of. So exactly the number, that would keep me from quitting. Clever and I'm still grumpy with them. Too little, too late. When my availabilty opens up (when my littlest hits school), I'm gone. I'm not upset about this... it is like a fact now. I'm feeling better. And thanks a lot Holly! Your comments made me feel better.
  • hollyla9905
    Options
    I'm glad your feeling good about things :)! Nutritionist tend to see the world a lot differently than the doctors I find they understand more than life isn't all chicken and cauliflower! Hopefully that goes well for you!!
  • dward59
    dward59 Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    I'm glad your feeling good about things :)! Nutritionist tend to see the world a lot differently than the doctors I find they understand more than life isn't all chicken and cauliflower! Hopefully that goes well for you!!

If half of life depended on cauliflower, I'd lose more than 25% of my life expectancy!
This discussion has been closed.