Talking Dead: Team Carol

Options

Replies

• zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,899 Member
    Options
    Okay, let's all agree that we will never be so mean as to assign burpees when Carol shows up and we whoop some *kitten*.

Planks - okay
    Pilates teasers - sure
    Yoga positions that twist you into an insane position -- fair enough

But burpees are just evil spirited! :devil:

I love you so much. You are way to nice. :bigsmile: But I have a secret, I love burpees. The more steps I can add the better. Pushup in the burpee, for sure. A Leg Jack while in pushup position, why not. Slap your thighs while jumping as high as you can at the end, sure thing. And 50, all in a mornings fun. Now add them with mountain climbers and push ups and you have a perfect superset! :laugh:

Shelley
  • tj1376
    tj1376 Posts: 1,402 Member
    Options
    Okay, let's all agree that we will never be so mean as to assign burpees when Carol shows up and we whoop some *kitten*.

Planks - okay
    Pilates teasers - sure

Planks are the worst, I would never willingly do those if it wasnt required!!!

* I agree with TJ about planks...Sara
  • tj1376
    Options

Planks - okay
    Pilates teasers - sure

I love you so much. You are way to nice. :bigsmile: But I have a secret, I love burpees. The more steps I can add the better. Pushup in the burpee, for sure. A Leg Jack while in pushup position, why not. Slap your thighs while jumping as high as you can at the end, sure thing. And 50, all in a mornings fun. Now add them with mountain climbers and push ups and you have a perfect superset! :laugh:

Shelley

You are a monster and I am scared of you!!! I can barely do the burpees just as is.

I have 15 done already. Have a 6 mile walk to do saturday which should cover most of my cardio, now I just have to get in more strength training.

i did manage to have tomatoes with breakfast and red peppers with dinner yesterday, so I think that part of this week should be easier than I first thought.
  • SaraAlexandre
    SaraAlexandre Posts: 1,313 Member
    Options
    I'm so impressed with this team! Dang! Nice idea Sim to incorporate a work out with combat training yet with the burpee. I don't want to say I'm good at burpees or am in love with them like zumbacrasher(all in good fun). However, I have got a lot better at doing them after doing fitnessblender videos and JM30DS and JMRipped in 30.

I got a message that tinker is sitting out this week to get better(wise idea). I think we can do our part and cover her cardio and strength training for her. I was just going to exclude her from our totals this week but I think we can do this for her. She said she is having no problem staying under calories. We just need to do her burpees and combine our strength and cardio to reach her 220 and 90 goals. I think we got this! I will do her burpees. I did 50 already and I will do 50 more for her! Who's with me???

Go team Carol!!!!!
  • strive4more11
    strive4more11 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Sign me up for some extra cardio and maybe 10-15 extra burpees (thats a death wish, but a teammate needs help)! Hope Tink feels better soon.

I am really slacking this week on the strength part but I will kick it into gear for the weekend! My cardio hasn't been overly impressive either. I am getting the time in, just not as much of the burn as I like. I did get a new dog this weekend though so he is sure to make me run (a full blooded pit bull).

Hope everyone is having a good week so far! I have been trying to catch up on the board since I was away from a computer for 3 days. It looks like things are going well with everyone for the most part.

BTW Sara... love the challenge of incorporating more whole foods into the diet. Just what I wanted to work on for this challenge!
  • Skittles2183
    Skittles2183 Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    I'll take 100 mins of extra cardio and 30 mins of strength to help the team out.

also I had a good day I wanted a calzone for dinner really bad but I got a grilled chicken salad for a better choice which has tomatos so that helps with today goal.
  • sawjan
    sawjan Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Checking in
    Monday: 40 cardio + 45 strength training + 45 karate
    Tuesday: 50 cardio + 30 strength training + 45 karate
    Wednesday: 85 cardio + 45 karate
    Thursday:
    Friday:
    Saturday:
    Sunday: not included in the totals

Totals:
    Cardio: 175/220
    Strength: 75/90
    Martial Arts: 135/180
    Average calorie intake (figured out on Saturday): 0/6
    Heart Healthy foods everyday: 3/7
    weight loss for challenge: 1/9
    Burpees: 30/50

I can add on additional cardio and Burpees too :)
    Let me what amount.
    Janice
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Zumbacrasher here. Just wanted to say I love this challenge. And all the support you give your team mates. And we would never suggest a superset for punishment! :):blushing: :wink:

Have that ice ready! Kidding, no honestly. :drinker: :flowerforyou:

Shelley
  • SaraAlexandre
    Options
    Lara: I'm glad that you are enjoying the challenge. I need to work on eating better as well. This has been the best week for me with eating (except for yesterday when I ate ice cream) . Thanks for helping out.

Skittles: That is an amazing donation! 100 mins of cardio! Dang! We just about got her covered

Janice: You are doing awesome! Anything extra you do can help.

Zumbacrasher: I think you want to be a Carol cause you know she's awesome. I love Michone too. She is my hero. (don't hurt us too much)

We just passed mid week. 3 days till the next episode!!!
  • tj1376
    Options
    Status so far this week.

I have 95 min of strength so far, with 20 burpees togo. If someone needs me to do extra, message me, I would be happy to.

I only have 145 min of cardio, but I have a 6 mile walk and 30 min of C25k training to do on fri/sat so that will put me over there too.

This week is looking good so far. No rushing, no last minute push. I should really consider spacing things out more often...oh, who am I kidding, that's not going to happen. I love last minute pushes!!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Hope everyone is having a great day!!!
  • hajenkatt
    hajenkatt Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Status so far for this week, as of early afternoon Thursday:

Cardio: 250 minutes (includes 45 minutes of Martial Arts workout)
    Strength Training: 60 minutes (2 x 30 minutes sessions of iPhone apps with #2, #5, and #10 weights)
    Burpees: 100

I'm making sure to get my red apple in every day.

I haven't had heat in my house since Sunday afternoon. The guy has been here to fix it for about 3 hours--I keep sneaking off into another room to get my burpees in. LOL
  • Skittles2183
    Options
    Hey guys how is everyone doing today?

well today I started a new class called strength and core which was mostly with waits and or course I start the day they put a small ball in-between your thighs and hold it while you do weights and other things ( not fun) lol but I also did my body pump class so I have the 30 mins extra of strength for our team and I only got to 90 mins extra of cardio so 10 more mins and we are good to go.
  • strive4more11
    strive4more11 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Hey guys how is everyone doing today?

well today I started a new class called strength and core which was mostly with waits and or course I start the day they put a small ball in-between your thighs and hold it while you do weights and other things ( not fun) lol but I also did my body pump class so I have the 30 mins extra of strength for our team and I only got to 90 mins extra of cardio so 10 more mins and we are good to go.

Sounds like you are having an excellent week! I plan on getting some stuff done tonight (already logged it, so I have to!) My new dog is giving me a run for my money, thats for sure. He's great for getting me up and outside but he is still a puppy so he is causing some issues around the house. I gave in to temptation today, but stayed within my calories and has some delicious fruit this morning!
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    I was torn between these two strong players. Michonne won by a hair. I can tell you that if Michonne does not fall out of the lead the punishment will include music! I love a great song. :)

Great job everyone.

Shelley
  • sawjan
    Options
    Checking in
    Thursday: 45 cardio + 30 strength training + 45 karate
    Friday:
    Saturday:

Totals:
    Cardio: 220/220
    Strength: 105/90
    Martial Arts: 180/180
    Heart Healthy foods everyday: 4/7
    Burpees: 30/50
  • sawjan
    Options
    Checking in
    Thursday: 45 cardio + 30 strength training + 45 karate
    Friday: 53 cardio
    Saturday:

Totals:
    Cardio: 273/220
    Strength: 105/90
    Martial Arts: 180/180
    Heart Healthy foods everyday: 5/7
    Burpees: 50/50

Happy Valentine's Day :heart:
  • simbersea
    simbersea Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Monday: 60 strength + 30 cardio
    Tuesday: 60 cardio + 25 boxing + 15 burpees
    Wednesday: 0 (long work day)
    Thursday: 0 (long work day)
    Friday: 40 strength/15 cardio
    Saturday:

Totals:
    Cardio: 130/220
    Strength: 100/90
    Within Calories: 5/7
    Heart Healthy: 5/7
    Burpees: 15
  • kawookie
    kawookie Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Current totals:

Cardio: 230/220
    Strength: 63/90
    Heart healthy: I assume I'm good, but I'll double check
    Burpees: 25

Sigh - 25 of those evil things down. It appears my "new" sports bras aren't new enough because they are not doing their job for these evil things. Well, I have a strength and cardio session planned for tonight. I should have some numbers to donate to others. I will try to get all my burpees done :noway:
  • Skittles2183
    Options
    Happy V-day to everyone. I just haven't been having a good day ( well the day was good but the work out part wasn't lol I just been lazy and only did 55 mins. I still need to get in my 5 mile walk in. so i'm off to the gym to get it in, hope everyone is enjoying there day and I am now at 30 burpees I want to try and do 10 tomorrow.
  • SaraAlexandre
    Options
    Happy Valentines Day!!!

My check in:

-cardio:292/220(62 mins combat)
    -strength:103/90
    -food:5/6(trying hard to stay under today. I got a box of Belgian chocolates!!)
    -heart healthy 5/6
    -burpee chore:70/50(I'm going to do more tomorrow)

I think we got tinker covered!! Bebubble is on vacation and she checked in early and will be on task including our zombie chores.

Anyone run or walk backwards?? LOL, I haven't but maybe tomorrow.