Talking Dead: Team Beth

Options

Replies

• maphammonds
    maphammonds Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I have been slammed at work this week, and I just realized I'm supposed to go camping Friday and Saturday, so I won't have those days to catch up in my numbers. Would it be okay if I bowed out this week? I don't want to bring the team down. :frown:

Hey Tiff - I'll have at least 45 minutes of Cardio and 30 minutes of strength to spare if that's helpful to you. (PS - I'd totally be counting that 'setting up camp' as strength minutes - that's a lot of work! :wink: )

Congrats Kimoire on the compliment from your daughter - TJ's right - it's great with others notice what you're not seeing!! Hoping they get your pain under control with that patch!
  • Gambrell104
    Gambrell104 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I have been slammed at work this week, and I just realized I'm supposed to go camping Friday and Saturday, so I won't have those days to catch up in my numbers. Would it be okay if I bowed out this week? I don't want to bring the team down. :frown:

I can prob do your planks if you need me to!
  • tj1376
    tj1376 Posts: 1,402 Member
    Options
    MORNING TEAM BETH!!!!!

You have today and tomorrow to meet your minimums. Anyone think they wont make it and need some help from the team? Anyone know they are going to be over and willing to donate?
  • Gambrell104
    Options
    Happy Friday Ladies..have a blessed weekend!
  • kmoirecavender
    kmoirecavender Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!

As of right now I have an extra 158 minutes of cardio I can donate if anyone needs it. Unfortunately I am right at 90 minutes of strength now...if I am able to do some resistance bands or something here at work, i will add to it for someone!

Saw the MD yesterday. She put me on a 15 day stent of prednisone. So...I am hoping this helps with my neck problem...and hoping I don't gain too much weight on it! Bad timing, as my goal for this challenge was to weight under the 160's. The doctor weighed me at 163.8 yesterday, so I am hoping to make it...

Has anyone seen any signs of spring yet? It was warmer here in TN yesterday, but kinda windy. All the dogwoods are blooming and daffodills are popping up! I love to see all the new life and colors..:flowerforyou:
  • Gambrell104
    Options
    it was a wonderful day here in NC!
  • Gambrell104
    Options
    I have 69 cardio mins and 30 SET mins to donate if anyone needs it.
  • tj1376
    Options
    Scores have been Tallied and sent - great job on another week TEAM BETH!!!!! Hopefully Beth will find a way to rescue herself this week and you will have tons of points. Well, not more than Carol (my team) but lots!!!!
  • Gambrell104
    Options
    I cant believe its almost over!:sad:
  • tj1376
    Options
    I cant believe its almost over!:sad:

I KNOW!!!!!! We will all be in a holding pattern until the next season.
  • tj1376
    Options
    Challenge has been posted - make sure to read it and discuss. I will need a decision by the end of the day!!!
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    Tyreese and Sasha already chose a punishment exercise: 

Inchworm: Stand up tall with the legs straight, and do like Lil’ Jon and let those fingertips hit the floor. Keeping the legs straight (but not locked!), slowly lower the torso toward the floor, and then walk the hands forward. Once in a push-up position, start taking tiny steps so the feet meet the hands. Continue bugging out for 4-6 reps. 

Do 3 days this week.

Video here: 
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yr-HHgxXTqg&feature=youtube_gdata_player
  • Gambrell104
    Options
    Ok Peeps what are we doing? My vote is some sort of ab work....that's what I need to work on the most.
  • maphammonds
    Options
    ummm....just saw Emily Kinney playing a short lived (literally) character on The Following....I hope that's not indicative that her role as Beth is no more....
  • maphammonds
    Options
    also - I'm down with some ab work. Fitness Blender has some good crunchless ab vids, such as

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKFVZu_4Lq4
  • tj1376
    Options
    Ab work it is - and since that crunchless ab seems like it might be fun you can either do the whole 10 min video with all the different standing ab work, or just do 50 reps on each side - total 100 crunches, of the first variation shown in the video. That way you can break it up into different days if you need to.
  • kmoirecavender
    Options
    oops, sorry, just saw these posts today! glad it is ab work, cause I would have to bow out of upper body anything! still having neck problems I have avoided this board because sunday night I missed the show because my relief at work "forgot" she had to work, so i was stuck! I am hoping on demand has it on today so I can catch up!!!!

Congrats maphammond on MVP!!!!!
  • kmoirecavender
    Options
    how are you logging the inchworms?
  • tj1376
    Options
    I logged them under calisthenics with the rest of the strength training.
  • kmoirecavender
    Options
    I logged them under calisthenics with the rest of the strength training.

ok, thanks!