Where is everyone?? Ghost Town Group...

Options

Replies

• ruby70
    ruby70 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice on some new workouts that helps alot! I think it is good we are all thinking about what we will do next so we stay on a routine and have a plan. I think that has been one of the most postive things for me on the CLX is to have my calender on my refridgerator and you know exactly when and what you are doing each day. There becomes no excuses :noway: :noway:

I have a rest day today and really needed it. I am really sore in the sides of my torso today, have not had that soreness until now. I am not even sure what exercise did it but she defintely hit a new area. I WILL walk at lunch, I am trying to get myself back on a lunch walk routine so today I committ.
  • Pipsg1rl
    Pipsg1rl Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    ...:

I have a rest day today and really needed it. I am really sore in the sides of my torso today, have not had that soreness until now. I am not even sure what exercise did it but she defintely hit a new area. ...

Did you do any overhead presses or the exercise where you lean side to side? Those are rib killers!
  • LDeegirl
    LDeegirl Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone so today was a day off. Tommorow will be PC2 + some cardio. I was thinking TF HIIT 15. I haven't done a HIIT for a while and really need to add these back into my workout. Like pipsgirl said it goes by fast.

-Kris Hoping that you have a wonderful vacation.

-Ruby Good job on starting the Lean Phase. Lean is a tough phase. Hope your soreness is better. At least you know that you got a good workout.

-Pipsg1rl with P90x you should get great results. I agree with you that the workouts are too long and I remember lots of pull ups and dont have a decent pull up bar. Anyway you have time to think about. I have also wanted to try BBL. I need the lower body workout. How long are the BBL workouts? Are they fun?

Hoping everyone else is enjoying the workouts. Dee
  • Pipsg1rl
    Options

-Pipsg1rl with P90x you should get great results. I agree with you that the workouts are too long and I remember lots of pull ups and dont have a decent pull up bar. Anyway you have time to think about. I have also wanted to try BBL. I need the lower body workout. How long are the BBL workouts? Are they fun?

Hoping everyone else is enjoying the workouts. Dee

I don't remember exactly, but I think they are in the less than 1 hour range, probably average 35-35m. You will be doing some light weight upper body but if you have the kit they come with bands and weights. That stuff looks so harmless... OMG.
  • kiekie
    kiekie Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Hey, just checking in. Burn Week 2.

Week 1 took about a week and a half as my 3-year-old and I have been ill and I'm averaging 5 hours of sleep a night, oh yeah, and I was intensely sore!

Not so sore this week AND I wacked up the weights too. It started as an accident when I misread what I'd lifted last time I'd done this circuit and what d'ya know, I still managed 10-12 reps so I'm now setting them up with one plate more than I THINK I can lift!
  • Pipsg1rl
    Options
    Hey, just checking in. Burn Week 2.

Week 1 took about a week and a half as my 3-year-old and I have been ill and I'm averaging 5 hours of sleep a night, oh yeah, and I was intensely sore!

Not so sore this week AND I wacked up the weights too. It started as an accident when I misread what I'd lifted last time I'd done this circuit and what d'ya know, I still managed 10-12 reps so I'm now setting them up with one plate more than I THINK I can lift!

Yuck, sorry you were sick, glad to hear you're recovering.

And what a funny push to misread and then lift heavier! I'm in Push and I'm moving weight I had no idea I could. I'm in a place now where guys look upset if I'm using the 20/25's. Before I didn't have to share. My goal is to use the 30's before I go to Lean.

I'll probably have to drop weight for Lean since the combo moves are In.Sane!

Nice to see you back :)
  • ruby70
    ruby70 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Kiekie- that happened to me when I started burn, I got sick & take a week off. Good job for getting back on track. This is not a program to do if you are really ill.

I did lean 2 today & it went good, better than Monday on lean 1. Monday was so painful I almost did not want to put the DVD in again LOL. I think I figured out mt torso soreness, I started playing catch with my son for baseball practice! It is from throwing the freakin ball so many times... We went to play last night & as soon as I went to throw I went ohhhh.

way to stay strong team!!! Keep up the good work.
  • LDeegirl
    Options
    Hi, everyone just a quick check in. I will Finish my week Saturday with PC3. Looking forward to getting the first push week done. Hope everyone is doing great and has a great Weekend. :smile:
  • bcmom_1980
    bcmom_1980 Posts: 33
    Options
    Joining this group as I'm starting Day 1 tomorrow!! So excited! :)
  • Pipsg1rl
    Options
    Joining this group as I'm starting Day 1 tomorrow!! So excited! :)

Welcome to the group!

Please don't give up - This program is not a get fit quick scheme. We're here for you!

today for me is PC1 x4. WooHoo!
  • bcmom_1980
    Options
    Welcome to the group!

Please don't give up - This program is not a get fit quick scheme. We're here for you!

I have no expectations of it being a get fit quick routine. And definitely want to keep going after workout 1! I've been working out since Sept 2013, mostly jogging and Jillian Michaels. After 1 workout, my boobs (okay, pecs) actually hurt! Looking forward to pushing it with heavier weights. I have a small set of dumbbells, and wanted something less cardio-focused than JM, but not sure I want to start a program like strong lifts or nrol yet. I was as drenched in sweat from CE workout 1 as any Jillian DVD!! And the only jumping around was in the warmup, lol.
  • Pipsg1rl
    Options
    Welcome to the group!

I have no expectations of it being a get fit quick routine. And definitely want to keep going after workout 1! I've been working out since Sept 2013, mostly jogging and Jillian Michaels. After 1 workout, my boobs (okay, pecs) actually hurt! Looking forward to pushing it with heavier weights. I have a small set of dumbbells, and wanted something less cardio-focused than JM, but not sure I want to start a program like strong lifts or nrol yet. I was as drenched in sweat from CE workout 1 as any Jillian DVD!! And the only jumping around was in the warmup, lol.

I'm glad to hear that. You'll notice a lot of people become discouraged when they feel that nothing is happening.

I've never done any JM but I've heard it's intense.
  • LDeegirl
    Options
    Pipsgirl Great Job on the weight Loss! You are doing Awesome Keep it up!

Hope everyone else is doing good.

For me today was second week of PC1. Found it to be much easier than last week. Going to go for a run tonight. Need to release some stress!
  • Pipsg1rl
    Options
    Pipsgirl Great Job on the weight Loss! You are doing Awesome Keep it up!

Hope everyone else is doing good.

For me today was second week of PC1. Found it to be much easier than last week. Going to go for a run tonight. Need to release some stress!

-just reading that made my biceps tremble-
  • LessthanKris
    LessthanKris Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I am back! Hawaii was awesome although I am a little disappointed that I missed logging in a day have to start my streak all over again :O(. We did do two hikes, one easy and one moderate and I was with my kids so it was not a relaxing vacation. Lots of rice and fries so I ate horribly most days. Getting back on track starting tomorrow.

Picking up Push 3 tomorrow to complete my third week. I am going to go straight through next Wednesday to finish up Push before we leave for one more trip. When I come back from there I get to start Lean, which I am excited about.

Glad to see everyone still going at it! The program is flying by for me. I will be happy when my trips are over though so I can focus on getting some results without the week long distractions.
  • LDeegirl
    Options
    Kris,Glad you had a great time in Hawaii and enjoyed yourself. You will be back on track before you know it. Great to have you back. A few of us are in the push phase. Lets do this together.
    I am back! Hawaii was awesome although I am a little disappointed that I missed logging in a day have to start my streak all over again :O(. We did do two hikes, one easy and one moderate and I was with my kids so it was not a relaxing vacation. Lots of rice and fries so I ate horribly most days. Getting back on track starting tomorrow.

Picking up Push 3 tomorrow to complete my third week. I am going to go straight through next Wednesday to finish up Push before we leave for one more trip. When I come back from there I get to start Lean, which I am excited about.

Glad to see everyone still going at it! The program is flying by for me. I will be happy when my trips are over though so I can focus on getting some results without the week long distractions.
  • Pipsg1rl
    Options

Isn't there a vacation setting? I've heard about it. Maybe check the forums for help.

Also, yes! A few of us are in the Push Phase, but this is my last week - only P2 and P3 remain.

You're doing great. Hope you didn't feel to guilty enjoying yourself in Hawaii :)
  • bcmom_1980
    Options
    What do you guys do if you miss a day? I have my lifting days as Sat/Mon/Wed, this weekend we'll be going camping and I won't be able to do the program Saturday. Should I do it Sunday and then BC2 on Monday? Or push all my workouts back a day then skip Friday's rest day? Is it important with this program to have that rest day in between lifting days?
  • Pipsg1rl
    Options
    What do you guys do if you miss a day? I have my lifting days as Sat/Mon/Wed, this weekend we'll be going camping and I won't be able to do the program Saturday. Should I do it Sunday and then BC2 on Monday? Or push all my workouts back a day then skip Friday's rest day? Is it important with this program to have that rest day in between lifting days?

It depends on you.

I don't think missing one rest day is that bad. Are you OCD about schedule?

I do M/W/F. If I miss a circuit day then I just move it to the next lifting day. So if I miss Push1 on Monday then I do it on Tuesday. It winds up working out in the end.
  • bcmom_1980
    Options

It depends on you.

I don't think missing one rest day is that bad. Are you OCD about schedule?

I do M/W/F. If I miss a circuit day then I just move it to the next lifting day. So if I miss Push1 on Monday then I do it on Tuesday. It winds up working out in the end.

Okay, thanks! :) I wasn't sure if it was absolutely necessary to have that rest day inbetween lifting days. I set my schedule so my rest days would fall on fri/sun (my hubby works 4-10s and gets f/sat/sun off so we usually end up being more active during the day.... which means I end up working out later in the day. (bleh!)

Just finished burn circuit 3! My butt is a lil sore, lol.