Where is everyone?? Ghost Town Group...

Options

Replies

• LDeegirl
    LDeegirl Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I also do back to back lift days occasionally if I have too. I am also on m/w/f schedule and if I have too I will move a workout into the weekend. It is great just to get all your workouts done. Good job with BC3 who would of thought it is a good thing to have a sore butt. I sure had one after PC3.
  • Pipsg1rl
    Pipsg1rl Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    Sorry! What I meant to say is I shift ALL weight days 1 day.

So if I miss Circuit 1 on Monday I do it on Wednesday.

I try to keep T/TH as my running days.
  • LessthanKris
    LessthanKris Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I do not think doing the lifting days back to back once in awhile would hurt. I usually just shift my schedule to make it work.

Need to check out if there is a vacation setting. I never heard of it but that would be nice!
  • ruby70
    ruby70 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone... sounds like some of you are coming on to lean stage next week? That would be awesome. I started week 1 of lean last week and it kicked my *ss, I did not do it this week. I thought I needed to take a break & I started a new schedule for baseball with my son so I am not getting home until late and have been using my usual morning workout time to get other housework, cooking ect done before leaving for work in the morning since we are not getting home until 7:30pm or after BLAH :explode:

It would be great to have support next week on Lean... I may just start over with week 1 again for a fresh start. Maybe I need to adjust my weights down so it does not seem so painful. I will be checking in with all of you too!!!:smile:
  • Pipsg1rl
    Options
    Hi Everyone... sounds like some of you are coming on to lean stage next week? That would be awesome. I started week 1 of lean last week and it kicked my *ss, I did not do it this week. I thought I needed to take a break & I started a new schedule for baseball with my son so I am not getting home until late and have been using my usual morning workout time to get other housework, cooking ect done before leaving for work in the morning since we are not getting home until 7:30pm or after BLAH :explode:

It would be great to have support next week on Lean... I may just start over with week 1 again for a fresh start. Maybe I need to adjust my weights down so it does not seem so painful. I will be checking in with all of you too!!!:smile:

I would be starting on Monday, but I'll probably do a run on Monday since I won't be at work. Then I would be Lean 1 on Tues, 2 on Weds and run on Thurs.

Want to start a spin off thread??
  • LDeegirl
    Options
    Ruby Welcome Back. If your body needs a break then it is good you took one. :smile: Lean is a tough phase but hopefully It will go by fast. Don't feel bad I am having the same issue with my diet. I have a hard time keeping my calories down and know I would be having so much better results if I could get my calories down. Lets all work on this together. For me I am finishing my 2nd week of the push phase tomorrow. Are you following Chaleans eating plan? I am always trying to stay under 1500 and not doing very well. :sad:
  • LDeegirl
    Options
    Pipsg1rl just wondering if you take your workout sheets to the gym or how you remember the workout? Also do a lot of people ask you about the program at the gym?
  • LessthanKris
    Options
    Ruby Welcome Back. If your body needs a break then it is good you took one. :smile: Lean is a tough phase but hopefully It will go by fast. Don't feel bad I am having the same issue with my diet. I have a hard time keeping my calories down and know I would be having so much better results if I could get my calories down. Lets all work on this together. For me I am finishing my 2nd week of the push phase tomorrow. Are you following Chaleans eating plan? I am always trying to stay under 1500 and not doing very well. :sad:

Right there with you on the calories. I try to stay at 1350 on lifting days but I have been doing horrible with the snacking...and it has not been healthy snacking. Between vacation and my sons birthday festivities, I have been hitting the sweets way to hard. I am trying to do better until I leave for one more trip on Wednesday but when I get back that following week, I am starting Lean on Tuesday (6/3) and I am going to work very hard on my calories and protein to finish Lean and Lean for Life strong.. I could sure use the support because I know that while I have done the workouts, I have cheated this program.
  • Pipsg1rl
    Options
    Pipsg1rl just wondering if you take your workout sheets to the gym or how you remember the workout? Also do a lot of people ask you about the program at the gym?

I do have the log printed out and keep track of it.

So far I haven't really had any ladies ask me at the gym what I'm doing, but a few guys who are around when I am have asked.

someone told me on Friday that I looked like I was "working hard." I was pleased :)
  • LessthanKris
    Options
    That is great Pipsg1rl!

I finished Push up today. I will be starting Lean next week after California but I am looking forward to it. I think my arm may need a break anyway because it is sore right in the crease if I extend it too far.

I took my measurements and pictures today and no changes this month. I am not surprised though with my diet. I am going to enjoy my last vacation and get back to it when I get back.
  • Pipsg1rl
    Options
    That is great Pipsg1rl!

I finished Push up today. I will be starting Lean next week after California but I am looking forward to it. I think my arm may need a break anyway because it is sore right in the crease if I extend it too far.

I took my measurements and pictures today and no changes this month. I am not surprised though with my diet. I am going to enjoy my last vacation and get back to it when I get back.

I have this too, when the bicep curls go up in weight. I try not to overgrip the weights.

I haven't measured yet, but my weight has not changed, only the same 2 pound fluctuation. That's ok... I feel like I "look" better :)

have fun on your trip!
  • LDeegirl
    Options
    Hi Girls, Sorry it has been a few busy days and I haven't checked in for a while. Tommorow is my last day of Push then I will be in Lean with everyone. I am really liking the Push month I love the Heavy weights. I finally got brave and weighed myself and I have also not lost a pound. :cry: I knew this though because I have been indulging a bit too much. I am great with the workouts and haven't missed one but I need to eat a bit better so I am really concentrating on the nutrition part from here on out and plan on weighing weekly and eating clean. But I too have Definitely toned up in my mid section and my arms are really getting toned.

Kris I hope you have a Great time in California and look forward to finishing Lean out with you when you get back.

Pips That is so great you took measurements I really should have done that too. I know my very first round of CLX I went all out and took measurements and pictures and that really Helped Motivated alot. I could really see changes in the pictures and measurements.

Ruby how are you liking the Lean Month?

Everyone Have a Great Weekend!
  • ruby70
    Options
    Ldeegirl - I started the Lean for 1 week and then struggled so I took a break. I just restarted today and it felt good and like the right time:) I had the energy and it felt new again. It is really challenging though using both lower and upper together and the workouts are a little longer. I think you will like it. I think the 1st week I might of pushed myself too hard with the weight I was using. When I started today I tried to adjust a little so it was really hard but not unbearable.:noway:
  • bcmom_1980
    bcmom_1980 Posts: 33
    Options
    How do you ladies avoid over gripping with heavy weights? I think I need to get myself a pair of lifting gloves, as my hands (and whole body) get so sweaty, that I'm getting stiff and sore in my hands and forearms from gripping the weights. It's just so hard sometimes trying to keep good form, concentrating on going slow, concentrating on the muscles I'm working, not falling over AND not gripping too tight! Too much to think about lol. A lot of the exercises I feel like I could do more reps but I can't hold the weights any longer.
  • Pipsg1rl
    Options
    How do you ladies avoid over gripping with heavy weights? I think I need to get myself a pair of lifting gloves, as my hands (and whole body) get so sweaty, that I'm getting stiff and sore in my hands and forearms from gripping the weights. It's just so hard sometimes trying to keep good form, concentrating on going slow, concentrating on the muscles I'm working, not falling over AND not gripping too tight! Too much to think about lol. A lot of the exercises I feel like I could do more reps but I can't hold the weights any longer.

I am a proponent of gloves, but some people in the forums do not like them.

I find that they do help with reducing sweatiness and I have 2 pairs so that I can wash one if needed. They have some padding in the palm.

Some of the moves it's hard not to grip tight - but for others I try to keep my hands slightly open, cupping the bar.

As far as getting sweaty, I find that if I'm wearing a tank top it really helps the air circulate around my body. If I'm in a tshirt, I feel "hotter." And if the shirt is cotton I'm almost dying. I also have a pair of pants Champion Brand that I got from Target and are so comfy... but GOOD GOD they make me soooo freaking hot!

Additionally, I wear an Under Armor headband to keep the hair out of my face. It can cause some heat retention. I switched it the other day for an Under Armor mesh ball cap (I have 2 and love them), but it didn't really help either.

There are a few forearm stretches you can do to help ease some of the strain:

Get into an all 4s position on your hands and knees, turn your fingers to face you and gently lean forward onto your hands -or-

Reach your arm out in front of you, as though you are taking a gift from Chalene, then point your hand down (as if the gift has rolled out of your hand). Grab your fingers gently with the opposite hand and push them gently toward your body while pushing the downward facing hand away from your body. (Or maybe start by placing your hand in a STOP position with arm straight out and rotate it downward - left hand turning left, right hand goes right)
  • bcmom_1980
    Options
    How's everyone doing? I just finished Burn 3 for the last time, starting Push phase on Saturday!
  • ruby70
    Options
    BCMOM- good for you, I think you will like Push Phase, when 1st started it I was not so sure because you will be working one area at a time versus on Burn doing lower and upper together but once I got going I really liked it and built great upper body strength and started to see definition in my arms!!! Great Job for getting done with Burn. I am in Lean Phase week 2 & doing okay.... I have struggled with trying to stay on track but seem to be back on now. Wish me luck:smile:
  • Pipsg1rl
    Options
    I am in week 3 of the Lean Phase - Lean 2 today.

I miss Push some because I was feeling so strong! But I like doing Lean because I know the results are just around the corner.

I check in once a month with a group I have with some chic family members on the 1st Monday of the Month (photos) but I haven't done measurements yet.

I'll do a follow up photo after Lean 3 next week.

Then maybe a week of cardio and PiYo should be ready to order!!
  • bcmom_1980
    Options
    Okay, since nearly everyone except me is in Lean phase, I have a couple questions now that I've done all 3 Push circuits.

1) did anyone adjust their caloric goals for the month? During PC3 today Chalene asked if anyone finds they just can't feed themselves enough food? The past two days I feel like I'm STARVING. My daily limit based on TDEE -10% is 1677. I've been concentrating on my protein macro, but I'm HUNGRY!!! And can't believe I ever made it through most of my weight loss journey eating 1200.

2) The single leg sumo. I find this incredibly awkward. I can't keep my weight on the one side without bending too far to that side, and then my knee travels over my toe. If I try and adjust I end up putting weight on my non-squatting leg and then my calf gets sore! Is there a trick to this exercise?
  • Pipsg1rl
    Options
    You may want to take a look at your protein. Muscles get hungry!

I don't think I'm as hungry with Lean though, now that you mention it.

For the single leg sumo, you may want to do the move without any weight at all first. Do the moves slowly so you notice your form.

Additionally, I don't know if all of us are in the Lean Phase, but the girls who post the most are working through it. You should start a "Push" thread :)