Daily Check In

Options

Replies

• josparkle
    josparkle Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Yay, its Friday.

And that would be great if tomorrow wasn't the Summer Fair at school. Have been on my feet since 7am today sorting stuff and now have to bake for the cake stall, find all the stuff that is literally scattered around the house for various stalls and sort my head out.
    It will be great, of course, but cannot help looking forward to tomorrow night and a sit down with a well deserved big glass of wine and possibly something not within usual calorie goals as I know that although I couldn't point to it as actual formal exercise I know that I've not stopped for 7 hours so that must have been a decent calorie burn along the way.

Right, those 10 dozen cupcakes will not bake themselves apparently. Enjoy the start of the weekend ladies x
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Put on your pedometer, josparkle, then you'll know how far you've gone in 7 hours! Good going, just ignore the cake table...
  • jollyquilter
    jollyquilter Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies! It seems you are all doing well with your eating and moving. I have been around from the start but with summer here I just do my diary everyday and then time runs out. But I have something interesting to share that you may find amusing and/or enlightening. I started losing weight/exercising the first of the year. I had lost 22lbs. buy the 5th of March. I was excited and rolling along. Well 5th of April came and no additional weight lose. I continued the food watch and the exercise, May 5th showed nothing had changed. Well May 27 I went to my routine Gyn appt. He ask the usaul questions I was thrilled to report that May was my 12th month without a monthly visit(TOM). I will be 55 in early Sept. So we were both kinda celebrating and he scheduled a Dexa scan. We also talked about the lbs not wanting to budge and that I had increased my movement and it was not helping. Well he was encourgeing but not helpful. So on June16th I was again saw color!!! Grr*$&+%#! Not fair but it is what it is. But the great part is that the weight has started to drop again. So if you are at a standstill just hang in there because the best is yet to come!
  • canadjineh
    Options
    Hello ladies! It seems you are all doing well with your eating and moving. I have been around from the start but with summer here I just do my diary everyday and then time runs out. But I have something interesting to share that you may find amusing and/or enlightening. I started losing weight/exercising the first of the year. I had lost 22lbs. buy the 5th of March. I was excited and rolling along. Well 5th of April came and no additional weight lose. I continued the food watch and the exercise, May 5th showed nothing had changed. Well May 27 I went to my routine Gyn appt. He ask the usaul questions I was thrilled to report that May was my 12th month without a monthly visit(TOM). I will be 55 in early Sept. So we were both kinda celebrating and he scheduled a Dexa scan. We also talked about the lbs not wanting to budge and that I had increased my movement and it was not helping. Well he was encourgeing but not helpful. So on June16th I was again saw color!!! Grr*$&+%#! Not fair but it is what it is. But the great part is that the weight has started to drop again. So if you are at a standstill just hang in there because the best is yet to come!

You are freeing up the estrogen stored in your fat, so I'm not surprised that you got Aunty Flo again... that's the downer of losing weight when you are technically just into official menopause :/ Good thing is - you ARE losing!!! Yeaaaah!
  • jollyquilter
    jollyquilter Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Yes I am and I have so much energy and feel so good.

Had a hour long walk today and went to a fleamarket and walked another 3 miles.

Keep moving everyone.
  • phillyb2013
    phillyb2013 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am new to this group. I am 56 and post menopause - went through meno when I went through a divorce...a double wammy lol I was 46...but now I am going through some things that are the results of post menopause....lovely.lol :-)

I have lost 6 lbs this month and 2 inches and yes we cant eat as much as we use to unless we spend half a day exercising, I learned that the hard way, lol

Have a great day all :-)

Phyllis
  • josparkle
    Options
    Hi, I am new to this group.

Welcome, more experiences to add to the melting pot.

Having a very restful day today after the maelstrom of yesterday's school fair. I was up and on my feet from 7am til 5pm, and barely had time to eat the fruit and crispbread/cottage cheese I had taken with me. So 5pm called for a home-baked scone, strawberries and a spoonful of cream - leftovers that I probably should not have eaten but I did and I don't regret a crumb. It was delicious and I felt like I'd earned it. OH made steak with salad and sweet potato wedges for dinner and there was pink prosecco too as another treat but all within calories and probably under since I can't begin to categorise the activity I did yesterday as formal exercise.

So today I had a long lie in and am pottering about. I will take dog for a walk in a little while but only a gentle short one as I feel a bit legsore from yesterday, and there simply isn't time as there are friends for dinner.

Hope you are all having a lovely weekend.
  • jreneecal
    jreneecal Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Busy this weekend with work, going to the dump, etc. Hope everyone had a great weekend!
  • josparkle
    Options
    Happy Monday everyone.

Up and at 'em this morning, washing on the line, dog walked and about to go and get shopping for some healthy cooking I've been dragged into doing at school tomorrow. I am NOT a natural teacher, well, not of children anyway but hopefully it will be ok. We're making homemade cereal bars and smoothies so it should be foolproof but there are ways not even imagined that classes of 30 x 11 year olds can mess with those ingredients. Can you tell that I'm not looking forward to it?

But the sun is shining, there is Wimbledon to watch later and despite those naughty scones and glasses of prosecco, the scales are still showing a decent loss. Hope you all have a great week.
  • sprintto50
    sprintto50 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Canada Day is tomorrow and I took advantage of the holiday time for a little break for myself. I also took last Friday and today off for a 5 day stint of relaxation. So far so good. Went on a shopping day with a friend Friday and yesterday went to her cottage and relaxed on the dock, swam and had a great BBQ. But I haven't forgotten my walks and watching my intake. Going for a bike ride shortly and have fencing tonight. I think that should keep me on track until I get back to serious tracking Wednesday. Hope everyone is having a great day!
  • jreneecal
    jreneecal Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Good Morning everyone, happy new month! Hope to burn up some calories today but will have to exercise inside after work so wish me well. Don't think I'll get my afternoon walk in since it is supposed to be about 104.
    Looking forward to doing well this month, thanks for all the great info, advice, encouragement and success stories posted!
  • josparkle
    Options
    Yes, Happy July everyone.

Lovely sunny weather here, almost too hot but so rare for us we are not going to complain. Today was my 70th day logging so that's 10 weeks I've been doing this and the scales obliged by dropping my TOM weight and show 21lbs off overall which is fabulous. I'm so pleased to have finally hit a rhythm with the diet and exercise for a while, and long may it continue.

I start my lifting induction at the gym on Monday to give me a new challenge for the next 10 weeks, I'm feeling a little bit apprehensive but think it will be good for me. Will let you all know how it goes. Hope you're all having a lovely day.
  • deetee6718
    deetee6718 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Wednesday check-in - just a quick hi to everyone and to let you know I'm still around. Moving day is 3 weeks away and we continue to move forward. Anxious to get this show on the road but also nervous for such a huge change in our lives. Have been logging my food but it's not precise in any way. Have been going to the gym 3 days a week and walking almost daily, thank you to my Fitbit for keeping me working towards my daily step goal! Take care everyone, although I'm not actively posting, I am logging in everyday and reading posts!
  • canadjineh
    Options
    Whew, 35C hot & sunny today and it got mighty black in the sky this evening until finally a big thunder & lightning show with heavy rain for about an hour. Feels much better now. Well, today I was the 'test victim' lol for my SIL for her waxing course so I am pretty hairless right now... I feel like one of those sphinx cats. Everything done from eyebrows down to toes (except armpits since I do my own regularly) She got 85% on her tests so pretty darn good. Oh, and I also got my brows dyed since they are pretty light - just to a medium brown, helps emphasize my eyes. That meant eating out & celebrating with a Watermelon Margarita very yummy with salt in it & on the rim. I was driving so that made it easy to say "only one thanks." Still under my calories and macro goals and pretty good divide of carbs/fats per meal. Lunch was my fat meal with a pepperoni stick, 1/2 an avocado, and Wendy's Apple Pecan Chicken Salad (1/2 size) with double blue cheese and pomegranate dressing. Dinner was the carb meal with quinoa salad, two HB eggs, the Margarita, and low fat strawberry banana yogourt. Delish. Pretty happy with how the day turned out overall, although no exercise laying about on a treatment bed all afternoon.
  • Peppah7
    Peppah7 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies!
    I am back from traveling to bring my oldest son back to University (about 5 hours North) to Gainesville, FL & visiting my sister in Tampa. Got to watch my niece's softball competition (3 games took all day, 98* weather). We pretty much just hung out, went bowling, did a campus trip for my younger to see USF, a trip to a state park... we did lots of eating out of which I stayed pretty mindful, but definitely had some splurges including a Krispy Kreme! I logged the best I could to stay in the habit & monitor for any patterns. The only activity was a short 3.5 mile bike ride yesterday morning. Got back last night & as of this morning, no gain! I can't believe it!! I guess I attribute it to sticking with lots of water and minimal snacking.

Today back on track, did a 10.5 mile bike ride & looking forward to my bootcamp tomorrow morning. Cooking out today for independence day, but feeling somewhat liberated about not feeling so obsessive. I may just try making some beer margaritas!

Everyone sounds great! Welcome to all the newbies. I wish you all a fantastic weekend!!! cheers :drinker: :laugh:
  • josparkle
    Options
    Hope all you you US ladies are having a great 4th of July weekend.

Here is just a normal weekend though with Wimbledon finals, The Tour start and the British Grand Prix, there is much sport to watch so I think my walks will have to be a little sooner in the day or they just won't happen.

Had a fairly trying week with my diet, couldn't quite be bothered to cook and prepare the stuff that keeps me full and interested so there's been a few snacks and higher calorie small things rather than decent meals. Think its just a reaction to the over-busy-ness of the previous week but need to stop myself, or I'll get off-track.

Fish for dinner with steamed broccoli, pak choi, spinach and soy/chili/garlic/ginger - that should do the trick. Enjoy.
  • canadjineh
    Options

Here is just a normal weekend though with Wimbledon finals
    Had a fairly trying week with my diet, couldn't quite be bothered to cook and prepare the stuff that keeps me full and interested so there's been a few snacks and higher calorie small things rather than decent meals. Think its just a reaction to the over-busy-ness of the previous week but need to stop myself, or I'll get off-track.

Me too, josparkle! I start off fine but by the time dinner rolls around - I'm too tired or cranky or as you say can't be bothered to cook properly and so I eat Organic Tortilla Chips and big chunks of Grana Padano Parmesan & Old Cheddar. (My nemesis!) At least it sort of works with my planned fat heavy dinner although the chips are a little too high in carbs for my taste. I have been staying at my maintenance weight, but I am setting myself up for maintenance failure eating this way. Today I promise myself to have more veggies for dinner. As josparkle is my witness... lol

I watched Raonic & Federer yesterday - good game - too bad Mr. R had a bit too many mistakes against Mr. F. His Ace serves are remarkable though, over 220 kph. Amazing!
  • josparkle
    Options
    Good to know its not just me struggling.
    I did better yesterday but did succumb to some lemon and blueberry cake with a tiny scoop of homemade ice-cream after my roast dinner, and a couple of glasses of pink wine - but don't feel too bad about it as I only went a few calories over.

Today will be back to proper normal, decent breakfast, lovely feta and smoked ham to have with a salad for lunch, and marinated chicken for dinner is already prepared. I think a day or two of being a bit more focussed will get me back into it, I was doing so well and it was all falling into place but 10 days of being over-busy just took my focus away. I can do it.
  • screwmenopause
    screwmenopause Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Hello gals!
    back from up north and crazy busy - so a quickie check in!
    hope all is well w everyone - will take a bit to read up on posts :)
    planning my day and week. back to clean, good, healthy, weight-losing foods!

more later...
    jill
  • canadjineh
    Options
    I certainly bumped up on calories yesterday, but was still under goal by over 400 thanks to an all-day Bike Patrol Clinic. First half of the day was classroom, but second half was all about the bicycle skills with drills like crazy and practice riding in a pack and how to handle different traffic situations on our bikes while working within a few inches of our partners. Happy to report no spills! And all this time I THOUGHT I knew how to ride a bike...
    It will be a lovely summer of patrolling beaches and parks in the sunshine - getting great exercise and doing a lot of PR at the same time.