Daily Check In

Options
1161718192022»

Replies

• screwmenopause
    screwmenopause Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    How sad! I just looked at my profile and I started MFP when I was 54 - I just turned 56 a couple days ago. It's been way too long since I have been here. Fell off the wagon, bumped my head and lost track of my goals - lol. The bright side - I am about 5 lbs lighter than when I first started....the not so bright...I have not lost the 25 I wanted to (...yet!!!). The quest----NEVER (ever) GIVE UP! SCREW MENOPAUSE and my crazy hormones! On to bigger and brighter successes! Who's with me!??
  • screwmenopause
    Options
    anyone out there in menopause?....teeheehee or just looking for support? :)
    lost a couple pounds - yehah!
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Hi @screwmenopause I have been muddling along...up a little bit but again working on getting it down. But then maintenance is an ongoing series of little ups & downs. Right now I have a nasty cold and part of me wants to just lay on the couch and eat anything, and the other part knows that nothing tastes good right now so I shouldn't bother. Good to 'see' you again!
  • jreneecal
    jreneecal Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Hello again. I'm back.....totally lost focus...gained all the weight back, plus but enough if that. Got the goal back in focus....screw menopause going to lose this weight with your help!
  • screwmenopause
    Options
    Hi Gals!
    Feel better canadjineh! Colds can be a huge bummer :'(
    jreneecal - I am in it with ya sister! let's do this! never ever give up! B)
    feeling great today. went for a 3.5 mile run - cardio always makes me feel good....plus it's like a facelift - lol - after sweating and then splashing cold water on my face my skin feels wonderful! eats r on so far :) planning the rest of my foodies for the day. been tracking everything and not cheating - however, need to stop eating the Hershey kisses...even 3 little kisses add up! been munching on rice cakes, but want to cut those carbs back too and focus more on protein, good fats and low carbs. for dinner last night I had a Costco turkey burger, on a WW English muffin and I topped it with a thin slice of cheddar, apple slices and a little mustard. yum! been eating Costco 'morning star chipotle bean burgers too - filling!
    HAVE AN AWESOME DAY FIRENDS!

• screwmenopause
    Options
    last night had to turn to the ol' Kendall Jackson :blush: home life was filled with too much emotion and pressure...so I had to seek relief. Just keeping it real :smile: Today I have been hungrier than usual - think it was the wine? ugh - of course. Keeping track of all intake today - will be higher than normal (goal) but making it through the day, is todays goal. argh.
    hope everyone is having a fantastic weekend!
  • canadjineh
    Options
    True 'nuff! Alcohol lowers the food inhibitions plus ups blood sugars causing crash & desperation for more easy carbs! It does taste good though!
  • jreneecal
    Options
    Ok stayed focused just have not been checking in. At least get a short walk in if not a workout on the ellipticalelliptical everyday....miss being able to run but the ortho told me no more or the knee replacements will be sooner rather than later. I have cut down some on the carbs but I too must get rid of the Hershey kisses (at least I've been down to 5). Hope everyone is happy and healthy!
  • canadjineh
    Options
    Had a stressful night at work, bought a bag of 1/2 salt Lays and 1000 calories and 75 carbs later.... I should have walked away from the chip aisle, but my mouth kept talking my brain into it! Oh well, one little trip and back on my feet again.
  • jreneecal
    Options
    I know what your talking about. Stress eating has sure helped me put on the pounds. Didn't have much activity yesterday....watching football...did fairly well reseating the snacks and stuck mostly to water. It's making a difference. The days I overdo I don't beat myself up, just start the new day with better resolve. We can do this!
  • canadjineh
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I hate the big boxes of a dozen candy canes on for 25 cents.... they are hidden in my antique oak sideboard right now - if hubs sees them they are gone. This way at least I can pull one or two out of hiding and surprise him once in a while. But I really shouldn't buy them in the first place.... it's no good for either of us that I am a sucker for a candy bargain.
  • SofiaGrace2015
    SofiaGrace2015 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi group, I am new here and am 55 years old and am deeply in menopause....hot flashes, night sweats, mood swings...I am a totally different person than I was a year ago. My husband hardly recognizes me anymore because I am moody and anxious and just don't want much to do with him because I am so self absorbed right now. Not feeling good at all. Trying to lose some weight for my daughters wedding in Oct...but for me also. Carbs and sugar are just so difficult for me to stay away from..I ate a whole sheet cake in 2 days...man I am a mess. Just wanted to write it...because I kind of brush it under the carpet and just get furious with myself for being so weak...hormones are so screwed up that I can't stand myself. Well, that is what I am going through..thanks for reading!
  • canadjineh
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Welcome @SofiaGrace2015 ! Cute doggies you have there! I feel for you about the menopause crap... sounds like you have it bad. I am very lucky - all that happens for me is less periods right now (4 a yr), and a faintly warm flash once in a while for a minute or two - enough to take the extra sweatshirt off in the house, lol. I find that eating low carb and higher fat with adequate protein helps control all these nasty 'side-effects.' Sounds like carbs are part of your problem. You might want to check out some of the latest scientific studies on LCHF - you could try a google search for Prof Tim Noakes and Dr. Steve Phinney, also Dr. Jeff Volek and Dr. Peter Attia.
    Here's a good youtube video of Dr. Phinney's 2014 seminar at AUT (Auckland University of Technology): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USTf3pFUrvg
  • canadjineh
    Options
    Welcome to March!!!! Anybody else out there? B)
  • canadjineh
    Options
    Hello! Anyone else alive out there?? I've been officially confirmed as finished with menopause. No periods for a year and tested hormone levels that show I am through with ovulating. WOO HOO! Freakin' happy about that! no more birth control :D<3:D
    Just a tiny hot flash still when I wake up in the morning, but nothing that flipping the duvet back can't handle.