Daily Check In

Options

Replies

• sprintto50
    sprintto50 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Not much new and exciting here. I am in the middle of year-end at work and it's just crazy busy for me. Hardly get to think but it means the day goes by fast. It's hard at the end of the day to not want treats, though. I have been logging and staying away from junk food and getting my exercise. A walk at the end of an insane day brings me down and I love experiencing all the smells in the air this time of year, like the milkweed.

I'm going camping this weekend and I am so glad that DH is working on losing weight too. He usually equates camping with tons of food, healthy and not. This time will be different, but I am still bringing the fixings for s'mores. He doesn't have to have one.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Meh, smores... most overrated dessert ever, lol. A cracker & a marshmallow & a piece of chocolate - someone around the campfire was desperate. I'd rather have bannock made in a pan with brandy soaked dried fruit cooked into the top of it.
  • screwmenopause
    screwmenopause Posts: 170 Member
    Options

I'm going camping this weekend and I am so glad that DH is working on losing weight too. He usually equates camping with tons of food, healthy and not. This time will be different, but I am still bringing the fixings for s'mores. He doesn't have to have one.

Have fun! I love love love s'mores! especially around a campfire! nothing like it!
  • screwmenopause
    Options
    HAPPY HUMP DAY ALL!
    just weighed in and I am a happy camper! lost .5 and that's after 2 weeks on vacation (and an awesome sweaty WO this morning) I knew better than to weigh in until I had been back on track for a couple days - whew. now I am extra motivated. todays DH birthday so I will have to carefully plan my dinner celebration eats tonight.
    HAPPY DAY GALS!
    jill
  • sprintto50
    Options
    There was a time when an impromptu lunch invite would cause me a great deal of stress. I used to get quite anxious over the thought of eating outside my plan. Today my office was bought Thai food from our local place by a company rep. I just ate it. Actually, I stopped when I started to feel a tiny bit full, skipped all but one bite of rice and enjoyed every moment of spicy goodness. I will just go on with the rest of my day. The only change I will make is only eating afternoon snacks if I am truly hungry. I love moments like this when I know I have made progress in my body/mind war.
  • Peppah7
    Peppah7 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Happy hump day! Struggling a bit, so trying to mix things up eating & exercise. Tweaked my lower back in Saturday's class.. so lame, just doing jumping jacks in warm up. Has put me in a bit of a funk... since then have just stuck to bike riding, will do the best I can in class tonight.

Jill, I couldn't believe I was flat, let alone down a bit after vacay & now that I'm back & carefully tracking within goal I'm gaining??

I did not partake in an office cake yesterday, hopefully it is gone by tomorrow. Looking forward to some fresh mangos from some of my friends who have an overabundance from their trees, now THAT's more appealing. I see mango salsa in my future!

Wishing you all the best, cheers! :glasses: :drinker: :heart:
  • screwmenopause
    Options
    . The only change I will make is only eating afternoon snacks if I am truly hungry. I love moments like this when I know I have made progress in my body/mind war.

it is such a mind war! WTG!
  • screwmenopause
    Options

Jill, I couldn't believe I was flat, let alone down a bit after vacay & now that I'm back & carefully tracking within goal I'm gaining??

We did exercise every day on vacation - long distance biking, dune hiking and running. I exercised every day to help "maintain" - because I did partake in ice cream (yummy!!!) and some wine while on vaca. gotta keep it real :love:
    maybe your little gain is water weight? sometimes changes climates can do that. if you weighed yourself on vacation was it the same type of scale you weigh yourself w at home? when I came back I went right to/ate my 1200-1300 calories my first day "back at it". I weighed in 3 days after my return from vacation in order to give my body time to rid any extra weight I may have gained - lol - didn't want to bum myself out and weigh in the day I returned. :noway:
    chin up - I bet one way/reason or another it's water weight :heart:
  • screwmenopause
    Options
    THURSDAY!
    note to self - when I run/walk w my GF in the morning I need to do more exercise later that day - lol. seems like a good workout - but calories burned are only around 300, and that ain't gonna cut it :laugh: :noway:
    recorded allllll of my DH birthday calorie eats yesterday - right down to the piece of turtle pie I had. It is amazing how calories add up so quickly - and I didn't even have wine! but mentally I planned for that. today - back to it and keepin' it real.
    GREAT DAY TO ALL!
    jill
  • sprintto50
    Options
    Not only did I have Thai take out for lunch yesterday, DH and I went out for dinner and I had BBQ chicken and fries, and dessert. And I am still at my lowest weight recently. With all that salt I expected to be up. I really don't understand all the fluctuations. In July I have gone between 157.2 to 159.9 and back again over the period of a week. Must be hormonal fluctuations I don't understand. The big this is that I no longer get all twisted when the scale goes up, as long as I have done my part.
  • josparkle
    josparkle Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Good for you, Sprintto50, I think we're all learning, and still being surprised, by this journey. I love thai food, can't get really good thai food where I live now and I miss London for food diversity especially as I ran a farmers' market there, and now I live in the country and cannot get such good stuff here, and certainly not the range of things.

Today was just great til 7.30pm when a friend had a crisis and I had to go and help out and ended up with wine and crisps instead of chicken and salad for dinner. In the long run, and for my friend's sake, it is all good but I could have done with it being as planned tonight as its our 22nd wedding anniversary tomorrow and I had planned treats, and planned for them with extra walks and eating a little less.

Ah well. She is now ok, and the world looks a little better for her so its all good in the long run!
  • josparkle
    Options
    I hope you are all having a lovely weekend and thats why there are so few new posts at the moment.

I've had a lovely time but my diet has suffered somewhat - not dreadfully but a piece of cake or two, and a glass of wine or three, and even some tortilla chips - eek! So tomorrow I have planned a long dog walk and an even longer walk to a mystery shop assignment that I need to do. That should help sort it out and put me back on track, plus this week is super busy so as long as there is a decent supply of cooked chicken, prawns and salad bits I should be fine as I'll have no time to pick.

Hope you're all doing well. x
  • Peppah7
    Peppah7 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Good morning & happy Monday!

A very short wknd for me, can't believe I'm back at the desk already! Short but good, both boys home for the weekend & I was quite active with my bootcamp class early Saturday morning (brutal! I was drenched in sweat) & a 4 mile walk with my friend on Sunday morning (great to catch up with her). Stayed mindful with my eating though not perfect. The scale is my friend this morning which doesn't happen very often, lol!

Today's challenge. My boss is bringing in a homemade mango blueberry pie (she never cooks anything!). Hmmm, should I budget for it so it fits, or just say no? Gotta say it sounds pretty darn delicious!

Wishing you all a wonderful day, Hugs! :heart: :happy:
    Karen
  • sprintto50
    Options
    I had an awesome camping weekend with DH and some friends. Ate too much and loved every minute of it. Back to reality and a rude awakening by the scale this morning. I know it will go back down over the next couple of days as my body rids itself of the carb and salt fest I partook in. I know I ate too much but I did not overeat by more than 4000 cals a day. I have to chuckle to myself as I imagine some of the main forum posters coming back from a trip and finding the scale reading that I did this morning. The body is a funny thing with crazy fluctuations.
  • canadjineh
    Options
    I am up a bit too after being away with DH this past weekend (4 days) which meant very salty lime margaritas (40C weather) and WAAAAY too many tortilla chips and cheeses. That and dammit! I was 2 weeks late with my period - got it yesterday so I am all bloated up and in pain and just generally feeling cranky and fat. Well on the way to true menopause but still wishing there was a switch to flip. "Now you have it, now you don't." None of this 45 day cycle crap! That's the reason behind the salty cravings and the tortilla cheese combo (my period go to - automatically). Back on track today and feeling like I'm in control. Nothing really drastic just 4 lbs over my goal weight. It will get there this week - especially since there are no more salty alcoholic drinks in my immediate future, lol.
  • josparkle
    Options
    Canadjineh and Sprintto50 - I am with you both. My scales are saying 4lbs up on where they were 2 weeks ago, and I know I've had a hit-and-miss couple of weeks but not by that much. Can only assume that its my body hanging onto something or other.

Also I know that 14 days ago was the end of a very busy and stressy week or so, so the scales were probably showing lighter than they should have done. Ah well, gonna mark today's weight on here and just keep going. Holidays start next week so I need to make sure I'm ready for it & don't just sit around.
  • jreneecal
    jreneecal Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    So glad I read the posts this morning...glad to know I'm not the only one struggling. Have been logging everything but just eating whatever and my weight is going back up...stressed, not exercising and baking here in Calif. Birthday is on Friday so will recommit to eating better and exercising more. Thanks for all the support!
  • sprintto50
    Options
    The scale is creeping down again, slowly. I hope I finally get it through my gorgeous, but thick skull that it is easy for me to gain, and hard for me to lose weight. Drat!
  • canadjineh
    Options
    Well, lost my extra 4 pounds in a couple of days, and actually am 1 below goal today. My maintenance plan works, lol. Back to work for the next two nights 8:30pm-4am. Trying to reconfigure eating times and sleeping times. Going to a friends house for dinner tonight before work - a patio party with about 20 other people and we are all bringing cold stuff potluck as it is pretty hot here. Not sure yet what I will bring. First thing to do - hair colour, lol. I've been putting it off and I can't hide the weird roots any longer.
  • canadjineh
    Options
    Hey, where are all my MenopauseFitnessPals, lol?
    Here's to hoping you are lazing about on the beach and enjoying the sunshine, or out taking a hike in the lovely woods somewhere, and fueling your bodies with love!