Daily Check In

Options

Replies

• sprintto50
    sprintto50 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Back to normalcy. Crazy summer so far. I actually logged my food again after a couple of weeks away from it. It feels good to be back at it.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    This summer...glad its OVER! I had NO motivation, no desire to stick to my plan. As a result, I gained another 10 pounds on top of the 10 I already gained! The madness has stopped. As of the first of the month, I am back on plan. Will lose that 20 pounds by Christmas! Its only 3 days but I actually feel better already. :)
  • sprintto50
    Options
    Crochetluvr-I am with you. I am at the same weight I was in March. I lost and gained 5 or 6 pounds over the summer. I delude myself that snacking at night is not doing me in. I have been hard at it since the beginning of the month, too, and WILL lose 5 pounds by the end of October. Another 5 by Christmas. I can do it. We can do it.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Sprintto50, if only I had done this when I had only gained 5 or 6 pounds. But I got rid of all my fat clothes....no going back. Yes...we CAN do it!!
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Still at maintenance weight even though I just had a bunch of visitors who just left and had a crazy week of night shift work... Of course if I'm sleeping like a sloth to recover, I guess I'm not snacking or eating the wrong things at that time, lol. Finally back to 'normal' whatever that is. Slept for 10 hours last night... so I guess I need the recovery.
  • sprintto50
    Options
    Weight starting to decrease again. I wonder how long it will take me to learn that if I follow my MFP plan, I lose weight.
  • Peppah7
    Peppah7 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! How's everyone doing & where ya been?!
    I have been busy... staying on track with eating within goal for the most part & my exercising.
    MFP goals are set for a loss of 1 lb. per week, though I am losing about 1 lb per month while sticking to the plan for the most part. Okay I'll take it... until today...

I finally used my heart rate monitor, all set up with my height, weight & age, turns out my I have been UNDER estimating my calorie burn for my walk/jogs and my bootcamp class. I had been logging the class at about 353 calories when in came in with the HRM at 496 calories! That said, I am baffled at what my consumption should be. My goal calculates at 1250 net calories & I am not making progress there. How do I find my sweet spot? Or am I just at an age that only complete deprivation will work. I keep hearing not to eat under 1200. Just frustrated at the moment.

I will not quit! Have got to be able to manage this.

Thanks for the ear ladies & keep at it!!! Good job to those of you getting back on track & not letting a set back de-rail you!

Hugs to y'all!!!
  • canadjineh
    Options
    Hellooooo out there.... I think most of us got lost in the 'new' MFP forums, I know I did!! Well I'm back but it probably won't be daily, I'm checkin' in though.
  • Peppah7
    Options
    Its so quiet in here! Still chugging away here...
  • canadjineh
    Options
    Hey, Peppah! Good to see you here again (plus on the friends list of course)! I too am plugging along as well. Up a couple within my maintenance range, and not totally at my happy weight but there are life stress issues happening right now with my folks. Mom has been diagnosed with dementia and she goes for an MRI in another week & half to determine which kind and preferred treatment to hopefully slow the downward progression. It is a hard time for us all, but I seem to be managing not to turn to food or alcohol for soothing and comfort (so far). I think the cortisol is just keeping me up a teeny.
  • Peppah7
    Options
    I'm so sorry about your mom & the stress. Watching them struggle with aging is so hard. I am back from a wknd trip in which I stayed active & did okay until the next day I got back to no groceries & had a day of no real meals, only snacking...
  • canadjineh
    Options
    Yeah, Peppah, I agree it's hard when you get back from a vacay and there's nothing in the fridge but hot sauce, mayonnaise, and mustard. We head out for dinner, but try to go somewhere I can eat properly (I have to be gluten free anyhow so that generally limits me to a sit-down place) instead of fast food joints. First thing on the list the next day after a protein smoothie for breaky is grocery shopping. I try to keep a 1/2 dozen eggs in the fridge waiting for us to get back from absences of a week or less, along with frozen veggies and bread for toast & an omelette, then if we are too tired to get a proper dinner out that's what we eat when we get home. Eggs can last an amazingly long time in the fridge, not the loveliest for sunny side up but lack of 'Day 1 freshness' isn't a problem for a scramble.
    Although I want to jump in to my parents' lives and rework everything for them, I need to realize they are adults and are entitled to the dignity and respect of making their own choices as to when & how much outside care is needed...
    Liana
    Hope your day is going well.
  • canadjineh
    Options
    This week has been the week from h*ll! Computer got a virus thanks to a click on an 'update' from a Microsoft masquerader. Next day power went out for 7 hours after a snowstorm of wet stuff. Today we had no water this morning due to well pump issues (luckily easily fixed, but still...). What else? 1/2 a day is left, or maybe that was the 'bad news comes in 3's' scenario.
  • canadjineh
    Options
    Hi gals... hope everyone is on track with their plans :) Going pretty well here, being a bit more careful with the food as I was up 4 pounds and don't want to go any further with that scenario.
  • jreneecal
    jreneecal Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone, Glad to see you're still here. I've been slacking for the last 5 months and have the weight back to prove it. Here's to committing to a healthier lifestyle for the new year.
  • canadjineh
    Options
    Hiya, jreneecal! Good girl to get back! I am down now after watching things a bit more carefully for the last couple weeks. A bit of family health stress and working nights tempted me into more cheese & chips than I needed. Handling things better now though. Working on a 6 month 25lb challenge with my 3FatChicks.com buddies - for me, maintenance, not weight loss of course. But it still helps keep me accountable because my inner brat likes to come out and demand her 'rights' to extra fat/carb combo calories when I'm under a bit of stress.
  • dmariet116
    dmariet116 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    OK I am back! Seems things are quiet here. How is everyone doing? I fell completely off track but trying again.
  • canadjineh
    Options
    Hi dmariet116! Glad you are back, hop back on the 'wagon' and you will get the extra off soon. Don't forget Yoda, "There is no try" lol. You are doing!!! ;)
  • jreneecal
    jreneecal Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies! Well my good exercise intentions disappeared yesterday when I fell asleep on the couch so I'm getting on the elliptical for at least a few minutes this morning. Have a great day.
  • canadjineh
    Options
    My exercise is mainly from work these days - shovelling snow (the great Western Canadian Blizzard of 2015 - 46 cm in 30 hrs), patrol beat brisk walking 3.5 out of 7 hours. Not as much fun as Aquacize but whatever, that will come again later next month, once I am finished doing a day job AND a night job, lol. Hope you all (lurkers included) are doing well on your food & exercise plans!