Daily Check In

Options

Replies

• jreneecal
    jreneecal Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    So far so good for this month, I'm going good but could do better.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Day job is over, now back to just night job, but this past couple weeks has been a bit of a bother... upping gradually after coming home from vacation (??). Near the top of my scream weight but expecting possible TOM very soon (who knows if it will show up this time though... you all know how it is). Every day is a new day and I'm on plan for the past two so, 'good for me.' :p
  • canadjineh
    Options
    Hellooooo... anybody out there, or is life just too busy, lol.
    Doing fine, on plan for my eating. I'm finding Udo's oil useful for hot flashes. It's already made mine disappear, but must be factored into my calories (1 TBSP of pure fats, lol, YIKES)
  • jreneecal
    Options
    Hello! Yes been busy and had a couple of health issues....glad someone is still here. Thanks for the tip on the hot flashes, will have to check it out. Need to get back to regular exercise: does chasing grandkids count?
  • canadjineh
    Options
    I would say chasing grandkids counts!, especially if you do squats down to their level often and presses as you lift the little ones. Hahaha! The Udo's oil works at half the suggested dosage for me so only 1 tablespoon instead of 2 which is a blessing. It started working within a couple weeks...
  • canadjineh
    Options
    Good news, I got my bone scan results today (checking for osteopenia/porosis) and I have actually improved my bone density over last year. Last year my 50 y.o. bones were as dense as a 25 y.o. and this year they are even younger, lol. The 51 y.o. bones are now 20 y.o. normal density. WOOT WOOT!!! Just making certain I take my calcium, higher magnesium, and lots of Vit D did it, along with my regular walking and aquacize classes in the pool.
  • canadjineh
    Options
    Any plus 50 or menopausers out there still?? I'm on plan and have likely decided that 134 is going to be my maintenance weight as I seem to struggle right now getting to 132, where I was last year at this time.
  • jreneecal
    Options
    Sorry, can't believe it's been a month since I checked in here....looks like we might be the only two checking in. Wow, glad your scan results were so terrific. Still have not tried the Udo oil but plan to do so. So glad you are at your goal. Mine was 135 but at this point that might be unrealistic going to shoot for 145 then we will see...I have not been on track lately but I think my weight is affecting my health so I'm ready to really recomit. Have a happy healthy day!
  • canadjineh
    edited June 2015
    Options
    @jreneecal Hi back atcha! I do keep checking this thread... I wonder where the other gals are and what's up with them. I hope they are just busy and hangin in there with their WOE. I've had a couple rough days with my Dad headed to the hospital (my DH drove him in at 2:30 am while I stayed with my mom who has dementia) We thought it could be a heart attack but it turned out to be a bladder infection that had been hanging on for a bit. Stressful for all, but he is back home after a whackload of tests (heart, lungs, blood, urine, etc) and observation til 10 am today. I haven't quite eaten according to my plan - 1/3 bag of Tostitos scraped through cream cheese is not a good meal, neither is a glass of Red with a bar of Toblerone, lol. I am at 136 this morning, but I restarted with proper protein, fats, and healthy carbs this morning and had a Quest bar at lunch while I was out with Mum, picking him up. I need to prep more quick veg for me to grab and figure out something healthy for them to eat tonight... Mum has very specific tastes due to the dementia and can be hard to cook for but I can't just give them anything because they both have to watch blood sugars.
    Wow, the stress of having to take care of aging parents... I'm glad I don't have teenagers too, :o
  • jreneecal
    Options
    Yes, I hope the others are just busy too. I thought maybe the 50's would be easier and i'd have more time for myself. But i'm still working and now there are grandkids and aging parents (that live 5 hours away). Wow you really have had a rough patch. Hope your Dad is on the road to recovery. I know it is challenging to be a caretaker for a dementia patient. I helped my former father in law with my mother in law who had Alzheimer's, never a dull moment. Recently I have been trying to help a friend with her aged father, he has dementia and is pretty well bedridden. Glad you were able to get back on track with eating better....I finally have too. Now I need to ramp up the exercise. It's been so hot here its hard to get motivated. Hope things calm down for you and you have a good weekend.
  • canadjineh
    Options
    Yeah... 50's is turning out to be no picnic, lol. I have always been kind of spoiled because it's just me & DH - no kids, all travel, lol. But now that we are having to help aging parents (something you just don't think about when you are younger, as 'it's so far into the future') it is very stressful. DH's mum is back in the hospital for the past couple weeks too (also 5 hrs away) and actually fell in the washroom there and cut her head and hurt her knee the other day. They found a couple clots in her lungs... and she's on medication but they have to watch carefully due to low hemoglobin that they can't seem to find the cause of. Docs will have more info for us tomorrow...
    hopefully.
    I'm getting lots of exercise due to work, but succumbed to McDonald's fries at 3AM while on shift but I know I'm a couple days off possible period (if it even comes or is on time) so I'm not surprised at the weird choice. For me they are kind of like those State Fair mini-donuts for others - they need to be piping hot and just out of the fryer otherwise they are just disgusting. Fat & salt are my TOM cravings. I wrestled with the idea of fries for a couple of hours before I fell. I should have just kept going on my route since I was almost finished work and would be headed home to bed in a couple hours. "Woulda, shoulda, coulda..."
  • jreneecal
    Options
    My weakness is carbs...give me a loaf of warm french bread. Although I do love fries too..it didn't used to matter when I was young..now I think about how long I'll have to be on the elliptical to burn the calories back off.
  • canadjineh
    Options
    Hahaha, never actually loved fries or bread but just at weird TOM craving sometimes. Eeechh, I don't even want to think of how long an elliptical burn-off might take (MFP lies about exercise burns anyhow, especially for those of us who aren't fat anymore).
  • jreneecal
    Options
    Yes I know the calorie burn seem to be inflated so I always make adjustments. Been trying to eat better and less, have thrown in more exercise too...no weight loss lately...very frustrating!
  • canadjineh
    Options
    Bah, I also have been up and down the past bit... sort of bingeing on blueberries in season now, and Old cheddar and just too tired to care at the moment. MIL is still in the hospital and they actually injected something into her leg blood vessel to block a clot from moving toward her heart/lungs if it does break loose. They gave her erythropoietin (finally) to build up her hemoglobin. We were suggesting that early on, so I don't know why they finally decided to listen, but... good. I am feeling very exhausted last night & today and my back is very sore (had to use ice to get to sleep at 3 am this morning - muscle relaxants didn't touch it), then my lungs were feeling very heavy (asthma) last night too with a stuffed up nose. Not sure what is going on, but the stress may be catching up with me finally. My fibromyalgia does tend to kick up under stress and intensifies my body sensitivity to everything around me.
  • josparkle
    josparkle Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry. I can't even tell you why I've not been on here. Life is busy but then when isn't it? But to be honest I just couldn't be bothered with any of it, losing the weight, trying to get healthier etc it all just felt like too much and whilst I've not hibernated nor turned into a hermit, I just didn't want to focus on me. I'm fairly sure its all the changes - including 'the change' - kids are both in transition phases at school, I'm going to be 50 and I've rather lost sense of my place in it all. But doing nothing wasn't helping me so I've decided to take myself in hand again, gently, and get myself together - whatever that might prove to be. Got on the scales (eek) and got off very sharply, logged on and updated everything and here we go.
    Lovely to see some of you still here and so inspired by your progress and fortitude.
  • canadjineh
    Options
    I just typed out a long reply and dammit!! Internet explorer stopped working and shut the page. Any how, good to see you @josparkle . You are right, life is just crazy busy when we get to these years. I don't post as much as I read.
  • dmariet116
    dmariet116 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    So guys, I am back. Hoping to get things together. I have had so many crazy twists and turns in my life, I got a little motion sick and gave up. Now my weight has peaked to the highest point ever. I really need to focus on me for a change and try to get my health back. I really have no energy to get through the smallest of tasks, so whether it's menopause, excess weight, depression or anxiety...time to get it under control. I am tired of being tired!
  • canadjineh
    Options
    @dmariet116 Good to see you back. Just getting back to MFP is your start of getting things together. Gotcha on the tired of being tired, lol. Seems like I am running in 3 different directions at this point. Fortunately I am too busy to eat too much of the stuff I shouldn't, so weight is holding steady in maintenance range. But now I have a bad cold (thanks to immune system tanking - parental health stresses) to add to the mix :/
    Anyhow, keep it up!! there are some of us still around, just not posting much.
  • canadjineh
    Options
    The cold is done, except for lingering sniffies and the good news is that I am at my lowest weight for several months. Down to 134.6 - just a couple off my 'happy weight' but still fitting pretty good in the skinny clothes, lol. There are a couple pairs of pants I don't want to be seen in just yet, but I should get there fairly soon. By the end of the first week in November would be perfect as I would be at prime weight for my trip to the Banff Mountain Film Festival alongside all the hotshot climbers, kayakers, skiers, etc milling around. I don't want to look too out of place :D