Post your daily workouts here.

Options

Replies

• 1013carl
    1013carl Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    ALL,

With the beginning of the September Challenge, I hope we can all refocus and recommit to daily logging of our workouts here in this topic!

It is a great activity that lends to accountability! I love to see what everyone does for their workouts... It can be inspiring too!

If you're in.... be ALL in!

Thanks from all of us for your support!

Carl -
  • Smirnoff65
    Smirnoff65 Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    Had hoped to go to gym this morning but my youngest son needed taking to college so had to settle for a good 4.5 mile walk/run with Rosie, my word she was bouncing with energy she was practically dragging me with her leash until we got to the riverside trail where I was able to let her off the leash to do her own thing. Love these moments with her and seeing how exited she gets when I come home from work and get changed in to my running gear and she knows she is getting out for a walk/run. Simplest things in life are surely the best.
  • aseymour13
    aseymour13 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Got a good workout in on Monday - Circuit training and some walking. Yesterday ended up being an unplanned rest day but still had a bit of walking. Should get a good workout in today.

Smirnoff - I know what you mean! The boys watch me very closely when I put on my running shoes and get all excited. Chance is soooo disappointed when it doesnt mean I'm taking them out.... :ohwell:
  • Smirnoff65
    Options
    Awesome workout in the gym after work this morning, went for 8km (5 miles) without stopping so that is a new pb for me on this journey, not that long ago I was so chuffed when I done a mile without stopping. Took me 50'31" so wasn't the fastest of times but pleased me anyway, continued on the treaadmill for another 30 mins at 7kmph (4.3mph) but at 7º incline to keep my heartbeat up, then 10 mins on the eliptical and ended up doing some weight machines. Overall 1500 calories burned for the session.:drinker:
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    Ran outside for 30 minutes without stopping. I did 5K. I still feel like dying but I'm doing it
  • Smirnoff65
    Options
    Ran outside for 30 minutes without stopping. I did 5K. I still feel like dying but I'm doing it
    That is pretty good pace well done.
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    Thanks Smirnoff
  • aseymour13
    Options
    I'm just gonna say that I have some sore muscles from bowling yesterday lol! It was pretty fun and I think its' good to use different muscle groups than I'm used to. lol. Heading towards hot again starting today so may have to look at some inside workouts. We'll see what its like when I get home. Big golf day tomorrow which will burn some pretty serious calories not to mention how hot it's going to be - meh. Not looking forward to that.
  • Smirnoff65
    Options
    Just home from a great gym session, though note to myself: avoid Friday afternoons in the gym as the place was full of posers :frown:
  • 1013carl
    Options
    Getting some household workouts in lately... Cleaning and remodeling related...I start in at the fitness center on Monday!
  • aseymour13
    Options
    Carl - it may not be the gym or a bike ride but it still burns some serious calories!

Me - First off , no one told me I was going to be so sore from bowling....lol
    I did get a bunch of walking in yesterday and am off to a long day on the golf course but will burn some calories today!

Have a great day!!!!
  • aseymour13
    Options
    18 holes of golf yesterday in 100+ degree weather and even some humidity. Taking it a bit easier today and will do something inside after a bit of work.

Hope you all are having a great da
  • Smirnoff65
    Options
    Good luck on Monday Carl, gym for me in the morning after work :smile:
  • aseymour13
    Options
    Go get em all our gym rats! My trainer switched our Monday workout to 6am which I can't do because of work. I get it - kinda but he lost about half the group with that. So I'll be working on something at home tonight. Need to get some gardening in as well.

Have a good one folks
  • Smirnoff65
    Options
    Hated my gym session this morning, had a very stressful, difficult night in work which resulted in me being about 40 mins late leaving work which I wouldn't mind if it was my last shift but knowing I would be back in tonight I was mindful of needing to get some sleep today so I don't know if that was playing on my mind as I found it difficult even on the treadmill, ended up only doing about 40 minutes on the treadmill then 15 on the eliptical for around 900 cals. An old friend came in while I was on the eliptical and was talking to me so I had to slow down so I just knew it wasn't going to happen for me. Will try to get some extra in on Wednesday and Friday.
  • 1013carl
    Options
    Thanks Smirnoff,

I couldn't get to the gym and I'm not happy about that! Work got in the way today. HAD to squeeze 3 days of work into Monday... Missed lunch, ate poorly and got off so late that I had to scrub the gym and get my son picked up....

I'll start anew tomorrow!

Carl -
  • aseymour13
    Options
    Sounds like we all had some work issues that interfered with our exercise yesterday. I'm going to be traveling next week so having to do a lot of catch-up this week not to mention just general pressure. My hip was bothering me when I got home and I'm sure its because of how I was sitting at work with the tension. I did manage a nice walk with the pups but not what I really wanted to do. I need to get a decent cardio in tonight - or at least that's my goal! Hang in there guys!
  • Smirnoff65
    Options
    I WILL burn 2,000 cals in exercise tomorrow......

determined.gif
  • aseymour13
    Options
    Lol - I like it. Hubby wanted to walk last night so that's what we did. It was nice. I have workout tonight so I'll be burning some calories - yay! Hopefully I will get out of here in time to get some cardio in as well.
  • Smirnoff65
    Options
    Burning it up today, nice session in the gym after work this morning, my wife had said last night that she might come in and do some training with me so I went hell for leather on the treadmill as soon as I got there so that I could get a good run done before she arrived to allow me to take it more easy and take her through some workouts, she didn't arrive as she was having some back pain so I ended up having a great burn myself, then went out for a walk tonight with Rosie to get the stiffness out of my legs, nice walk with the weather really pleasant though I must say the nights are really starting to draw in, was almost dark as I was walking back home through the trail (imagine Blair Witch project :laugh: ) So as I said last night I would do 2000 cals today, actually done 2087. Time for a well earned Smirnoff or two :drinker:
This discussion has been closed.