Post your daily workouts here.

Options

Replies

• Smirnoff65
    Smirnoff65 Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    Good workout at the gym on Tuesday with week 2 day 1 of my weights training, already seeing good gains with my weight levels with the likes of deadlift going up from 50kg to 70kg, squats from 50kg to 65kg in only my third session, only one I am struggling with is bench pressing but I don't mind that as I am concentrating on getting good form with that one and I'm sure the gains will follow.
  • Smirnoff65
    Options
    Week 2 day 2 tomorrow after work on my weights plan.
  • Smirnoff65
    Options
    Gym session this morning was horrible, had a particularly grueling night in work, went to gym and went on the treadmill to do my usual 6k before starting my weights only to find I had no energy at all and had to come off after only 2k, done my weights which were not much better to be honest, my form was terrible and could feel niggly pains in my right shoulder so didn't want to risk increasing the weight and injuring myself. To compound matters made a bad school boy error while doing my deadlifts, I had started on day 1 at 50kg, increased to 60kg on day 2, day 3 I put it up to 70kg so put it to 80kg this morning for day 4. Done two sets of 10 reps at this weight and found them really hard only to realise that I had forgot to count the 20kg weight of the bar so was actually deadlifting 100kg. Got up out of bed this evening and feel like I have done 5 rounds with Mike Tyson :( Heading back in to work now, thank goodness it's my last shift and then have a couple of days off to recharge my batteries.
  • 1013carl
    1013carl Posts: 376 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Smirnoff, hang in there... sometimes your energy level can drop and not return right away... That 100kg dead lift is an *kitten* kicker... LOL. Bet you won't do that again fro a while! Do you stretch much as part of your workouts? That may help out a lot!

I got a decent walk in at work this morning... Planning to get my Biking cranked up again and am going out Sunday!
  • Smirnoff65
    Options
    1013carl wrote: »
    Smirnoff, hang in there... sometimes your energy level can drop and not return right away... That 100kg dead lift is an *kitten* kicker... LOL. Bet you won't do that again fro a while! Do you stretch much as part of your workouts? That may help out a lot!

I got a decent walk in at work this morning... Planning to get my Biking cranked up again and am going out Sunday!
    I do around 10 mins stretching and limbering up before starting Carl and also warm-up with an empty bar before starting lifts, I think it was just lack of sleep and tiredness catching up with me, really don't get enough sleep when I'm working but usually getting to the gym gives me a real boost of energy, just found this morning that the tank was empty. Rest day tomorrow and I'll see if I feel like hitting the gym on Sunday if not I'll take a good long walk if the weather is kindly. Good luck with your cycling on Sunday, I envy your warm climate as the weather here can be very changeable this time of year, I guess I will have to start using my home treadmill again pretty soon.
  • Smirnoff65
    Options
    Good walk/run down at the river with Rosie that fairly blew away the cobwebs for sure
  • 1013carl
    Options
    Got a small ride in today after spending 2.5 hours at the dog park with my dog Hunter. Was a Great day out!
  • Smirnoff65
    Options
    Going to the gym shortly for week 3 day 1 of my weight training, this will be a new experience for me as I'm going to the gym before I go to work so it should be a good session but will be interesting to see how I manage a 12 hour night shift afterwards.
  • aseymour13
    aseymour13 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone! Not sure I'm liking the new structure of the posts but here we go. Got some very good walking in over the weekend, 18 holes of golf on Saturday and a pretty light day yesterday as it's a 6 hr drive home from NorCal. Time to get back at it! Smirnoff - Good luck! I'm an early riser but I am not a morning workout person.
  • Smirnoff65
    Options
    aseymour13 wrote: »
    Morning everyone! Not sure I'm liking the new structure of the posts but here we go. Got some very good walking in over the weekend, 18 holes of golf on Saturday and a pretty light day yesterday as it's a 6 hr drive home from NorCal. Time to get back at it! Smirnoff - Good luck! I'm an early riser but I am not a morning workout person.

Although it was 3pm, as I work nightshift it was actually like an early morning workout for me, when I go after work at 7am it doesn't feel like a morning workout as it is almost my bedtime. The joys of shift work
  • Smirnoff65
    Options
    170kg leg presses have me walking like John Wayne tonight
  • 1013carl
    Options
    I got 70 minutes of walking in today at the gym. Those treadmills are endless.... Got to get my routine figure out... It was tough too since I overslept and got to work late! :#
  • aseymour13
    aseymour13 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Carl - yes, the treadmills are endless. lol
    Smirnoff - I think I would have a tough time with shift work. I know you get used to it but I'm such a creature of habit.

I was able to get a good walk in with the puppies when I got home. I have a meeting later today out towards my house so hopefully can get some exercise in a bit earlier. It's finally cooling off here which makes it a bunch easier.
  • rezekiel
    rezekiel Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    After a week away from my bootcamp (thought I'd give my knee another break) I went back today and with a lot of the same modifications It was still a very sweaty workout.
  • 1013carl
    Options
    I got my walking in this morning This seems to work out ok if the workload is mild... on busy days is does get tough to break away and workout while everyone else is grinding away.
  • ketowerdefense
    ketowerdefense Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Set a PR for my 5K run today - 49:14. Next goal is to get it under 48:00!
  • 1013carl
    Options

ketowerdefense, Congratulations to you, that's fantastic.
  • 1013carl
    Options
    Will be walking around the lake today.... Got my Polar Loop yesterday, so I want to see it work as much as I do...lol
  • Smirnoff65
    Options
    Well done!!

Completed week 3 day 2 today, weight gains are coming on fantastic (except for bench press) deadlifts, squats and bent over rows are showing great progress and as for leg presses they are now up to two sets of 10 reps at 200kg. I guess all the years of carrying my overweight body around have left me with strong legs :p Will hit the gym again on Sunday for cardio only.
  • rezekiel
    rezekiel Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Did UMTBC (muay thai bootcamp) Thursday and Friday morning.
This discussion has been closed.