Leslie Sansone June 2014 Walk Challenge

Options

Replies

• texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    [/quote]
    "Each time I catch myself, thinking gloomy thoughts, or analyzing what will happen in the future, I say to myself. "Stop thinking, Do, do do!".
    Do what? The highest undone item on my six point list for the day, which I prepare first thing in the morning."
    [/quote]
    Alex, ^^ Well said ^^

[/quote]
    "Wonderful story."
    [/quote]
    ^^ I agree with Ann. ^^

I tend to keep adding on to my to do list for the day, as well as skip around to do which item I feel like doing, or which makes more sense to do at that particular time of the day that I am looking at the list. I have forgotten about purposely deciding which item had the highest priority and arrange my list accordingly when I make it for the day. I write it down as I think about the items or carry over items not done form the previous day(s).

Alex, thanks for the reminder and a well told story :smile:

:flowerforyou:
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    My first 3 mile day:)! Love reading all the walking you all are doing - fantastic!

Miles 1,2 and 4 of Walk Slim - 5 Really Big Miles
    Really enjoyed this and loved the intereval mile!!(mile 4).
    17/40 miles done
    Healthymom_5, That is an awesome milestone indeed!! I still remember my first 3 mile day!! (It was "Walk Slim 3 Fast Miles")

:flowerforyou:
  • startergal53
    startergal53 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    8.5 total today 1 mile at the track then it was "mowing" day here.
    49 miles to date

Thanks for the reminder about priorities. I too tend to do what I "feel" like and I hate to admit that doing according to my feelings isn't always productive or smart.

I laughed though when I wrote down my priorities for the day because I could not come up with 6 items.

Mow grass
    stake tomatoes
    weeding
    grocery shopping

All is done!
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    Good morning. I wish you all a pleasant weekend. I was able to get another 5.5 this am. A nice cool 52 degrees this am a beautiful sunrise. :)
    Total for the week is 31 miles.
    Total for the month 62 miles.
  • heavenlyb14
    heavenlyb14 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Plant out beans and squash
    Pot on seedlings
    Ironing
    Weeding
    Pick caterpillars off the berries (grrrr)
    Walk
  • lidenalex
    lidenalex Posts: 283
    Options
    I shall try to come up with a list of 6 tomorrow. Are you trying to do the same?

heavenlyb14. I sure am :smile:

Walked 2 miles
    total: 84 miles
  • Healthymom_5
    Healthymom_5 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    2 miles with Walk it Off in 30 Days!
    Completed the 30 minute "Firm" (strength training) workout on the same DVD as well (love it!)
    21/40 done
    Have a great walking weekend!
  • startergal53
    Options
    I shall try to come up with a list of 6 tomorrow. Are you trying to do the same?

heavenlyb14. I sure am :smile:

Great job folks! It looks as if everyone is making good use of their time and talents.
    Happy walking-
    54 miles in thanks to the Ultimate 5 mile this morning. (did Fridays today lol- should have had that on my list:laugh: )
    Followed up with stretches revved for the day-
    Onward ho!
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    Saturday:

2 miles: "30 Minute Mile" on the Walk Away the Pounds For Your Week DVD

0 minutes

Goal for June: 40 miles

So far: 13 Leslie/ or other walking DVD miles

So far: 170 outdoor minutes

Setting those priority items on my to do list is harder than it looks when I seriously don't have any pressing thing that has to be done today :happy: . So I (1) already read my Bible. (2.) already rented movies for my DH (dear husband) and I to watch when he comes home from work.
    Ah ha, just remembered (3) I will fold his laundry before he comes home that I washed yesterday that is still in the basket. and (4) I will put the clean dishes that are in the sink drainer away. and (5) I will do a wee bit of paper work and put that all away where it belongs so the table is cleared off.

Anything else is gravy and will fit into the what I feel like doing category :laugh: .

Enjoy your weekend y'all :flowerforyou:
  • lidenalex
    Options
    today: 1 miles
    total: 83 miles

Travelled today to our holiday.Will be in sun for 4 weeks. Will I walk and loose weight or take it easy and gain weight?

I hope it will be the first alternative :bigsmile:
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Checking in with everyone...

I love the comments , the list making,.... everyone is walking some where, some how.... and with who ever makes them happy. I like to walk by myself too....

I like to make to lists...I told a friend one day that I had a couple "ugly jobs" that I had was procrastinating on... He said "try this.. tell yourself you will do that ugly job for one hour, then you can go do something else. If you know that you have a reward at the end of the hour it seems to lighten the task at hand. You may even find that you can hand your ugly job for another hour"

So far this month - 46.9 miles ...all outside --> 53.1 to go...

I almost thought I would have to walk with Leslie...but I found the mosquito spray. I really like to walk outside with my black lab.

OH, and I am a morning person. I start my day at 5 a.m. and sometimes the moon is still hanging around!!
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I had to force my walk this am. I was able to complete 5 miles and I found I had to dig deep with every step. Had it not been Fathers Day and dinner out tonight I may have just done a mile and quit. I am glad I did not quit and was able to complete the walk. I hope everyone has a wonderful day and keep on walking.

total thus far this month....67 miles
  • startergal53
    Options
    Morning all!

PinkyPan1- having read your post when I logged in this morning I did the fat burn 1 mile with Leslie instead of lolling around till it was time for church. Thank you and "yes" it is a good morning. So glad you dug deep and shared that with us. Last night we celebrated Father's day so I definitely needed the walk. lol

Thanks for sharingLilyMay2 about the "ugly jobs" and Texasgardnr I'm all for gravy. :smile:
    Alex, I know you will enjoy the holiday and will keep to a regime of sorts. Put it on your list. Speaking of which
    I need to do mine before the day gets going.

55 miles to date! Woohoo!
  • zichab
    zichab Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    June Goal: 60 Miles + 30DS
    June 1-Exercise TV-Start Walking at Home-1 Mile + Level 1 30DS=1 mile
    June 3-Burn 30-+ Level 1 30DS=1 mile
    June 4-WAP- Walk Slim-4 Fast Miles=4 miles=6 total
    June 5-WAH-Walk Slim-5 Really Big Miles=5 miles=11 total
    June 7-Endomondo Recorded-Mowed Lawn-1.5 miles=12.5 total
    WAH Burn Body Fat & Sculpt Your Arms 3miles+ Level 1 30DS=15.5 miles total
    June 8-Just Walk-4 Mile Power Walk-4 miles + Level 1 30DS=19.5 miles
    June 10-WAP-3 Fast Miles + Level 1 30DS=22.5 miles
    June 11-WAP-Walk Slim-4 Fast Miles=26.5 mil
    June 13-WAP-3 Mile Weight Loss Walk + Level 1 30DS
    Endomondo Recorded-Mowed Lawn 1.5 miles=31 total miles
    June 15-WAH-Walk Slim-5 Really Big Miles=36 total miles

Lilimay2-I have seen 5 AM but it was connected to 2 AM 3 AM and 4 AM and then I went to sleep! I am a hopeless sentinel! :blushing: :wink:
  • bandit5125
    bandit5125 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Yesterday June 14 5 miles in the park

today 6 miles in the park with the dogs

50 miles with Leslie to date.

36.5 miles outside to date

86.5 miles to date total

goal 125 miles

Happy walking! ----LouAnn
  • lidenalex
    Options
    today: 7 miles
    total: 90 miles
  • Healthymom_5
    Healthymom_5 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I had to force my walk this am. I was able to complete 5 miles and I found I had to dig deep with every step. Had it not been Fathers Day and dinner out tonight I may have just done a mile and quit. I am glad I did not quit and was able to complete the walk. I hope everyone has a wonderful day and keep on walking.

Nice! It is encouraging to hear when others persist in spite of not feeling like it! I see your ticker has moved another pound! Your little walker has walked right off your ticker :)! Nice work!
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,588 Member
    Options
    Not sure how many miles I'm going to walk this month, have some commitments that might get in the way. I will walk as many as I can!

June 1, 5 miles Walk Your Belly Flat which is 3 miles & miles 2 and 3 of the 5 Day Slim Down.
    Did a stretchy band work out with a Stretch Max by Cathe Freidrich.
    June2, 4 Miles -- 4 Mile Super Challenge
    June 3, 2 Miles -- Interval walk with Debbie Rocker
    June 4, 3 Miles-- 3 Mile Power Walk
    June 5, 4 Miles-- 4 Mile Super Challenge
    June 6, 1 Mile - Burn and Firm Pilates... an aerobics and Pilates blend.
    June 10, 2 Miles, 5 Day Slim Down miles 2 and 3
    June 11, 3 Miles 5 Day Slim Down miles 1, 4 and 5
    June 12, 4 Miles Walking for Weight Loss with Debbie Rocker and 1 mile of Leslie.
    June 15, 4 Miles of the 5 Day Slim Down
  • AnnofB
    Options

PinkyPan1, you are the bomb! :flowerforyou:
  • AnnofB
    Options
    today: 7 miles
    total: 90 miles

lindenalex, 90 miles and it's only the 15th! Wow. :smile: