Leslie Sansone June 2014 Walk Challenge

Options

Replies

• Healthymom_5
    Healthymom_5 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    2 miles with Walk it Off in 30 - "Burn" (walking) section. Also did the strength training "Firm" routine on the DVD. I'm ready for some heavier weights on some of the exercises! Feeling great! I really appreciate having this group for encouragement!
    14/40 miles for the month done.

Happy walking!
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    As you remember my friend used a lot of "it is sad" and "how awful" when describing his situation and how the society treated him. When he asked me to tell him the secret of happiness, I was glad, although I was unsure that he was ready for it.

Whoever has ears, let them hear.

“How can I be happy”?, one man once asked himself. “If I was rich then I would be happy”, he thought. So he worked like a dog, saved and invested his money and became very rich. But he still wasn’t happy. ”Money, doesn’t make a man happy”, he said.

“It’s must be knowledge “. So he studied hard and became a well known professor, but to no avail. “Happiness is not in wealth and knowledge”, he concluded.

"The true happiness is when you find God". So he became religious, prayed every day and lived according to the holy books. But this didn’t make him happy either.

“A man can’t be happy. It is impossible”, he confessed to his best friend. “Since everything is meaningless I see no alternative but to kill myself”.
    “Don’t do that”, his friend said. “I’ve heard of a wise guru in India, which has helped many people. Go and see him”.
    “Well, I have nothing to loose”, said the man.

So he took a plane to India, and then a train to the foot of the Himalayas. He then had to climb for several days until he came to the cave where the Guru dwelled. But there were many thousands of people already waiting, so he had to wait in line. After several months it was his turn. So he entered the cave and and saw the Guru sitting in the lotus position. He was gently smiling and birds were flying above his head. A ray of sun was falling on his serene face. “At last, I have come to the right place”, the man thought to himself.

He knelt in front of the guru, and bowed his head. The guru gave him a big smile and asked:
    “Do you have a question?”.
    “Yes, how does a man become happy?”, the man asked.
    “That’s very easy”, the guru replied. “Whatever happens to you, you just just say, "This I like!”.

The man was waiting for the guru to say something more, but when nothing more came, he jumped on his feet, red in face, his fists clenched. “No, no, it can’t be that easy. You're a fool, and idiot”, he cried.

“When you say it, with passion like that”, the guru said smilingly, “I must say, that I like it very much!”.

"But that is nonsense. If I brake a leg, should I just say that I like it very much. What nonsense is that. Braking a leg is not something good, it is something bad".

"What is good and what is bad, who are we to say", said the guru. "Let me tell you a true story, it's about a lady from your country. Her name is Laura Sinclair, at at the time she was 55 years old and morbidly obese. One day she broke her leg in three places. After operation, she was ordered to stay in bed for several months in order for her leg to heal. As she lay in bed she looked at breaking her leg as symbolic of breaking with her past life and beginning anew. After her leg healed, she started to exercise and eat healthy. She went from being morbidly obese, to obese, to overweight, to normal weight, and as she says 'presently, I am at a level of fitness and happiness that has exceeded my wildest dreams. The breaking of my leg was the single best thing that happened in my life'. We can't change what has happened, and we do not know if it will lead to good things or bad things. But we can choose to like it or dislike it. If you choose to like it, the happiness is yours. I have now sown a seed, and seeing you react so passionately as you did, means that you are ready to receive the teaching, and that I like very much."

The man thanked the guru for his words and returned to his home, confused and unconvinced. But he gurus words kept haunting him, and he slowly started to react differently to situations. When his neighbor once started to yell at him for no good reason, he told himself to like the situation. He calmly asked the neighbor what bothered him, and if he could help him in some way. It ended up with a great friendship. Another time on a vacation, he was given a room, facing a road with busy traffic. He went to the reception and asked for a change of the room, but unfortunately the hotel was full. He decided to like the situation, and accept the noisy sounds. He soon forgot the sounds and it they didn't bother him much. The next day the hotel manager, who had heard of his complaint, came and offered him one of the bungalows facing the sea. That vacation turned out to be the best in his life. Situation after situation turned out to be good and he experienced the life in its fullness. At last, he was happy.

Thank you for sharing this. I enjoyed it and I too am finding my own happiness. "I like this very much." LOL
  • PinkyPan1
    Options
    My sunrise walk today gave me another 5.5 miles. Have a wonderful day friends.
  • lidenalex
    lidenalex Posts: 283
    Options
    today: 6 miles
    total: 64 miles
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    Alex, thank you for finishing the story. So true that how we interpret or look on things/ situations affects how we feel about it or within ourselves at the time... which could include our feeling of happiness :smile: .

Interesting story :flowerforyou: .
  • shaza2525
    shaza2525 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi All, Checking in after the first week of June.
    My goal is 90miles.
    Done 15miles thus far. I use her video's on youtube, since there are quite a few, mix them up to keep it interesting.
    Doing the 5 mile Fat burning walk, when i get home from work.:happy:
  • bandit5125
    bandit5125 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    3.5 miles walking with the dogs in the park

5 advanced miles with Leslie today

30 miles with Leslie to date.

20.5 miles outside to date

50.5 miles to date total

goal 125 miles

Happy walking!
  • startergal53
    startergal53 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Taking advantage of the beautiful weather and biked 20 miles first thing this morning.
    So tonight had to get my walking in did 2 miles
    for a total this month of 28.5
    Woohoo!

PinkyPan1 taking to heart your banner: It is not easy, but it is worth it. Love it!
    Tuesday is going to be terrific folks!
    Let's make tracks.
  • PinkyPan1
    Options
    Taking advantage of the beautiful weather and biked 20 miles first thing this morning.
    So tonight had to get my walking in did 2 miles
    for a total this month of 28.5
    Woohoo!

PinkyPan1 taking to heart your banner: It is not easy, but it is worth it. Love it!
    Tuesday is going to be terrific folks!
    Let's make tracks.

I am so glad you like it. Every time I see it....it brings a smile to my face. :)
  • PinkyPan1
    Options
    Good, good morning! I did 5 miles this am in the rain. I am exhilarated and feel sooooo good. There is nothing like walking in the rain. have a great day.
  • bandit5125
    bandit5125 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    5 advanced miles with Leslie today

35 miles with Leslie to date.

20.5 miles outside to date

55.5 miles to date total

goal 125 miles

Happy walking!
  • startergal53
    startergal53 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Great outlook Pinkpan1!

No rain here yet- did 4 at the track. I love this Edmondo app- it allows me not to "think" just enjoy the miles. Honestly before I would have to pick up stones to mark my laps lol-
    Hmm I went from the "stone age" to "technology" lol!

Questions:
    Which "advanced" dvd do you use Bandit5125? And the other question: Pinkpan1 what is the Silver? I don't think I have seen that one before.

Terrific Tuesday is well underway folks. Can not wait to see how much 'hoofing' is done today.
  • PinkyPan1
    Options
    Great outlook Pinkpan1!

No rain here yet- did 4 at the track. I love this Edmondo app- it allows me not to "think" just enjoy the miles. Honestly before I would have to pick up stones to mark my laps lol-
    Hmm I went from the "stone age" to "technology" lol!

Questions:
    Which "advanced" dvd do you use Bandit5125? And the other question: Pinkpan1 what is the Silver? I don't think I have seen that one before.

Terrific Tuesday is well underway folks. Can not wait to see how much 'hoofing' is done today.

I found the video on the Leslie Sansone WAH site. I found it under full videos Silver Walk 2 miles. It is a group of grandparents and Leslie. I use this when I require a walk that is not too demanding.
  • Healthymom_5
    Healthymom_5 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Tried another new DVD today - "Walk Slim - 5 Really Big Miles". Did miles 1 and 2. Mile 2 incorporated some resistance bands. I liked this a lot! Tomorrow, back to "Walk it Off in 30"

16/40 miles done.

Have a great day!
  • lisa2219
    lisa2219 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Hello new to this group. I just tried my first Leslie Sansone workout last night and liked it a lot. I was surprised how many calories I burned "just" walking. My goal for the month is 30 miles... I am keeping it low because I will mix in water aerobics and other workout dvds.

June 9th - Three Mile Weight Loss Walk

3/30 miles done
  • lidenalex
    lidenalex Posts: 283
    Options
    today: 6 miles
    total: 70 miles
  • jak227
    jak227 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi all! You are my inspiration!!!! So far, I have done 10 miles up until today (6/10). Since it's been raining here on the East Coast, I make sure to get a mile in in the evenings when I work as a cashier. When it's slow, I just keep walking back and forth. Between that and my walks during lunch time, I am still do good. Keep up the good work everyone.
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,588 Member
    Options
    Lidenalex,

Thanks for sharing the answer to the happiness question,

Food for thought.

:smile:
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,588 Member
    Options
    Not sure how many miles I'm going to walk this month, have some commitments that might get in the way. I will walk as many as I can!

June 1, 5 miles Walk Your Belly Flat which is 3 miles & miles 2 and 3 of the 5 Day Slim Down.
    Did a stretchy band work out with a Stretch Max by Cathe Freidrich.
    June2, 4 Miles -- 4 Mile Super Challenge
    June 3, 2 Miles -- Interval walk with Debbie Rocker
    June 4, 3 Miles-- 3 Mile Power Walk
    June 5, 4 Miles-- 4 Mile Super Challenge
    June 6, 1 Mile - Burn and Firm Pilates... an aerobics and Pilates blend.
    June 10, 2 Miles, 5 Day Slim Down miles 2 and 3
  • heavenlyb14
    heavenlyb14 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    1st June 4 miles
    2nd June 4.5 miles
    3rd June 4 miles
    4th June 4 miles
    5th June 4 miles
    6th June 4 fast miles with Leslie and another 4 walking outside.
    7th June 4 miles
    8th June 3 mile weight loss with Leslie and another 2 walking outside.
    9th June 0 :sick:
    10th June 4 miles

Happy walking everyone :flowerforyou: