Leslie Sansone June 2014 Walk Challenge

Options

Replies

• NIKsCISSY3
    Options
    HOWDY Y'ALL HOPE TODAY HAS BEEN A FABULOUS DAY... I was a member of MAY's CHALLENGE but under the name SCOTTJACKIANGI huge mess with syncing with my cell while on vacation so this is my new user name and I just got back from FLORIDA watching my OLDEST NEPHEW GRADUATE HIGH SCHOOL GO SARASOTA SAILORS 2014 =D.... I DEFINITELY WANT 2 JOIN THIS CHALLENGE.... I'm 5 days behind so I'm gonna aim for 50 miles this go around....
  • heavenlyb14
    heavenlyb14 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    today: 10 miles
    total to date: 36 miles

I had to struggle against resistance in the morning, but decided that I could walk 0.6 miles. When I reached the 0.3 miles, instead of turning back I decided to continue and walked 2 miles. In the afternoon I went out for a walk and did 4 miles. I was quite pleased with a total 6 miles. But in the evening I challenged myself to go additional 1 mile. It has been raining but the rain had stopped and it was a nice evening. After walking for a mile I had a thought. What if I continued and made 3 more miles, that would total it up to 10 miles. I had never walked so long in my life. Well, let it rip, I said to myself and continued. I'm home now and feeling great.

I have a similar resistance and have been fighting it every day. Belonging to this group helps a lot and so does seeing that you make it out every day Alex, thank you.
  • heavenlyb14
    Options
    1st June 4 miles
    2nd June 4.5 miles
    3rd June 4 miles
    4th June 4 miles
    5th June 4 miles

Alex, as he so often does, has inspired me. I am setting myself a six mile minimum target for tomorrow.

Happy Walking everyone :flowerforyou:
  • zichab
    zichab Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    June Goal: 60 Miles + 30DS
    June 1-Exercise TV-Start Walking at Home-1 Mile + Level 1 30DS=1 mile
    June 3-Burn 30-+ Level 1 30DS=1 mile
    June 4-WAP- Walk Slim-4 Fast Miles=4 miles=6 total
    June 5-WAH-Walk Slim-5 Really Big Miles=5 miles=11 total
  • startergal53
    startergal53 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Wow! Old and new friends are starting the month of June with a bang! It's great to see you all here.

Loving the beautiful weather great for being outside.

Measured loving that app as I mowed- 7.5 miles today. Afterwards I sat down and enjoyed a cup of coffee.

To date: 19.5 miles
    Woohoo! Let's have a great Friday everyone.
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    Wednesday:

Several hours yard and some garden work.

Thursday:

3 miles: 3 Mile Slim & Sleek Walk (a very, very easy version due to a bad muscle cramp).

0 minutes: walking outdoors

Goal for June: 40 miles

So far: 9 Leslie/ or other walking DVD miles

So far: 0 outdoor minutes

I'm very happy to see many, many miles being walked today by so many delightful walkers!!

:flowerforyou:
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    2.5 miles with Leslie 2 mile Women's Walk
  • bandit5125
    bandit5125 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    5 advanced miles with Leslie today

25 miles with Leslie to date.

2.5 miles outside to date

27.5 miles to date total

goal 125 miles

Happy walking!
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Checking in... finally got the internet fixed...Sort of :huh:

Will be walking outside this month - still lots of outside work in my triple E yard.....

My goal is 100 miles... if it is too hot I will walk inside with Leslie, it is nice and cool in my basement....

Happy walking everyone!! :flowerforyou:
  • bandit5125
    bandit5125 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    4.5 miles mowing the lawn

25 miles with Leslie to date.

7 miles outside to date

32 miles to date total

goal 125 miles

Happy walking!
  • lidenalex
    lidenalex Posts: 283
    Options
    Today: 6.5 miles.
    Total to date; 42.5 miles.

Couple of weeks ago I had to travel and a friend promised to take care of our cat while we were away. I took the cat to his apartment and said:

"Our cat is much smarter than he looks. I just want you to be aware of it."
    "He is like me", he answered, "but I don't want to brag about it."
    I assured him that his secret was well hidden.

He then told me that he was not so well treated in the company he worked and that people didn't see his real potential. It was very sad he said. He started to tell me about his life, how he didn't get the support he needed in his first employment, and that it damaged his self confidence, which was very sad. He continued and talked about the government who doesn't do enough for single people like him, and that was also very sad.

"I have had more than my share of bad luck", he said with a sigh.
    "How do you know it was bad luck", I asked.
    "What do you mean".
    "Well, if you broke a leg. Would that be a good thing or a bad thing?", I asked.
    "A bad thing, of course", he said.

Then I told him of an old Chinese story.
    An old farmer had a single horse. One day his horse ran away. Upon hearing the news, his neighbors came to visit. "Such bad luck," they said sympathetically.
    "Maybe, maybe" the farmer replied. The next morning the horse returned, bringing with it three other wild horses. "How wonderful," the neighbors exclaimed.
    "Maybe, maybe" replied the old man. The following day, his son tried to ride one of the untamed horses, was thrown, and broke his leg. The neighbors again came to offer their sympathy on his misfortune. "Maybe, maybe" answered the farmer. The day after, military officials came to the village to draft young men into the army. Seeing that the son's leg was broken, they passed him by. The neighbors congratulated the farmer on how well things had turned out. "Maybe, maybe" said the farmer.
    "You see", I said to my friend, "you never know. What you thought was a bad luck, might turn into something good."
    "I see", he said, "but when something happens to you, how you can tell if it will turn out to be good or bad."
    "Ah, that is the secret of happiness", I replied.
    "Tell me about it", he urged.
    And so I did. And I will tell you as well, if you would like to hear.
  • lidenalex
    Options
    4.5 miles mowing the lawn

Woot bandit 5125, you did 9.5 miles today. That's 3 hour exercise! :flowerforyou:
  • heavenlyb14
    Options
    1st June 4 miles
    2nd June 4.5 miles
    3rd June 4 miles
    4th June 4 miles
    5th June 4 miles
    6th June 4 fast miles with Leslie and another 4 walking outside.

I'm going to try to repeat that tomorrow.

Happy walking everyone :flowerforyou:
  • lidenalex
    Options
    6th June 4 fast miles with Leslie and another 4 walking

heavenlyb14, 8 miles todat, fantastic, Well done!
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,588 Member
    Options
    Not sure how many miles I'm going to walk this month, have some commitments that might get in the way. I will walk as many as I can!

June 1, 5 miles Walk Your Belly Flat which is 3 miles & miles 2 and 3 of the 5 Day Slim Down.
    Did a stretchy band work out with a Stretch Max by Cathe Freidrich.
    June2, 4 Miles -- 4 Mile Super Challenge
    June 3, 2 Miles -- Interval walk with Debbie Rocker
    June 4, 3 Miles-- 3 Mile Power Walk
    June 5, 4 Miles-- 4 Mile Super Challenge
    June 6, 1 Mile - Burn and Firm Pilates... an aerobics and Pilates blend.
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    19.9 miles so far this month.....80 miles to go!!
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    Friday:

0 miles: taking about a week off of DVDs b/ of the severe muscle cramps yesterday.

60 minutes: easy walking outdoors

Goal for June: 40 miles

So far: 9 Leslie/ or other walking DVD miles

So far: 60 outdoor minutes

alex, thank you for sharing the story! I've not heard that particular one before. It does give one pause after reading it. So very true though! Later on, events and circumstances of life are not always what they seemed to be when we are in the middle of them.

:flowerforyou:
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    Good morning! This am 5.5 miles at the park. It was an awesome sunrise and it was a cool 58 degrees. It could not have been better. Wishing you all a wonderful weekend and happy walking.

Total thus far 29 miles.
  • lidenalex
    Options
    This am 5.5 miles at the park.

PinkiPan1 5.5 miles. that's awsome :flowerforyou:
  • Healthymom_5
    Healthymom_5 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    2miles with Lesie's walk it Off in 30. I also did the "Firm" segment which is 30 minutes of strength training. I really like this and am committed to doing the "Firm" segment 3 times weekly in addition to walks, looking to increase the amount of weight I use..

12/40 miles done

Have a great day!!