Leslie Sansone June 2014 Walk Challenge

Options

Replies

• AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,588 Member
    Options
    June 1... I took it easy today and did the Silver Walk (2 miles) with Leslie.

If you would allow me I would like to share what happened on my 5.5 mile power walk at the park yesterday. My husband decided at the last minute that he wanted to join me. UGH! This is my thing and I was not looking forward to him joining me. I believe his comment was "Hey, wait for me I feel like taking a stroll too." He was being cocky and I am sure he thought he was funny. I told him that I was going to do my thing and if he wanted to keep up then feel free. He hung with me pretty well the first 3 miles and then my stride kicked in and I left him in the dust. LOL As I came around the path on mile 5 he says "please stop. I want to go home now." I told him that I needed to a 1/2 a mile to bring my heart rate down and to get my legs to slow down. His patience wearing thin and I was felt rushed and frustrated. On the ride home he says his foot hurt and that he did not have fun. I told him that he was free to join me anytime and he looked at me and said "hell no...I'll pass." I enjoyed a great sigh of relief that my walks are again my own. LOL

PinkyPan1 that is too funny! :laugh:
  • AnnofB
    Options
    Walked 7 miles today.

Can you imagine the expression on his face as he read about “Pep” Bettger, the dub he’d “tied a can to” three weeks before for being lazy? Within ten days, enthusiasm took me from $ 25 a month to $ 185 a month it increased my income by 700 percent. Let me repeat— nothing but the determination to act enthusiastic increased my income 700 percent.

lindenalex, congrat's on 7 miles today. And thank you for the excerpt. Determination and enthusiasm v.s. fear. Inspiration for an introvert like myself. :smile:
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options

If you would allow me I would like to share what happened on my 5.5 mile power walk at the park yesterday. My husband decided at the last minute that he wanted to join me. UGH! This is my thing and I was not looking forward to him joining me. I believe his comment was "Hey, wait for me I feel like taking a stroll too." He was being cocky and I am sure he thought he was funny. I told him that I was going to do my thing and if he wanted to keep up then feel free. He hung with me pretty well the first 3 miles and then my stride kicked in and I left him in the dust. LOL As I came around the path on mile 5 he says "please stop. I want to go home now." I told him that I needed to a 1/2 a mile to bring my heart rate down and to get my legs to slow down. His patience wearing thin and I was felt rushed and frustrated. On the ride home he says his foot hurt and that he did not have fun. I told him that he was free to join me anytime and he looked at me and said "hell no...I'll pass." I enjoyed a great sigh of relief that my walks are again my own. LOL

Thank you. I am still giggling. He would be so mad if he knew I told this story. LOL
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I just joined the group today! I have a few Leslie Sansone DVDs that I enjoy, and I just ordered some more. I like the Three Mile Weight Loss Walk (with the famous second mile by Mary Kay that so many seem to love!). I can't wait to receive and try the new ones I ordered, which are Walk it Off in 30 Days, Belly Blasting walk, and Five Really Big Miles.

I think I will set my June goal for 40 miles. I won't be walking every day, rather mixing my walks with other DVDs. Looking forward to walking off the pounds with you!

Dawn

Welcome Healthymom_5!! Mary Kay's middle mile is one of my favorite individual miles in my collection. I do that Three Mile Weight Loss Walk DVD when I start feeling the need to speed walk with Mary Kay lol. Otherwise it sits there waiting till then :tongue: .
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    Hi!

I've been walking with Leslie for a while but am new to this group. I will set a goal of 50 miles for this month.

Looking forward to walking with all of you! :smile:

Welcome to our walking group gizelledmello! I am glad that you found us and are joining in on the June challenge :smile: .
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    Hi. I was a part of the group but never participated. I am going to set a walking goal of 75 miles. I have never tracked miles.walked because I never thought to. I was always a runner. Had to walk after my 3rd pregnancy and slowly adding some 1/2 mile runs here and there.
    Good luck to u all. Im gonna try and put some miles in tonight when my kids go to bed.

caterpillardr, I'm happy that you will be participating in the June challenge this month!! I believe that you will enjoy watching your mileage add up this month. It is encouraging not only to you but to all of us.

Walk strong :flowerforyou:
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    I cannot believe it is June already! My gosh where is this year going so darn fast! I am leaving for Europe on the 26th to visit my new grandaughter (well my son and daughter-in-law as well I suppose :bigsmile: ) where we do lots of walking and I have to get ready for mountain hiking in July.

So, I will begin the 30 Day Shred tomorrow! Since I cannot take Jillian's attitude without a dose of Leslie's thoughtful encouragement, I use Leslie's 1 and 2 mile walks as warm ups for Jillian's workouts. Jillian's warm up may be enough for 30 somethings, but is not long enough for this 60 something woman that is for sure! :laugh: Since Jillian recommends 2 days of shred followed by a day of cardio, I will set a goal of 60 miles for June.

Six miles a week will be warming up for Jillian, which only leaves 9 more miles each week, so 60 miles should be doable while dealing with Jillian. Of course, this assumes that I do not throw something at Jillian through the TV now doesn't it! :wink: Happy Walking Everyone!

zichab, congratulations on the birth of your granddaughter :heart: . How sweet is that! I have used LS walks as a warm up for the same reason when I have attempted to do a bit of Jillian's Shredding. (I'm in my 60s also). You will be fit as a fiddle when time for your trip comes up at the end of June!! Happy to see you back again!!
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    This is my first month participating in the Leslie Sansone challenge. Last week, I enjoyed my first 1 mile walk. I found that she is very encouraging but not too happy-perky like Denise Austen or snotty like Jillian Michaels.

My goal for June is 15 miles. I am coupling this with workouts on my Wii Fit board and Wii Sports games so I'm working out six days per week. I would love to bump myself to the 2 mile walks, but I'm going to stay with 1 mile for right now and see what happens in a couple of weeks. I don't wanna burn out too quickly and get frustrated!

Happy Walking!

Welcome uwaamanda!! I'm happy that you are joining in on our June Challenge!! We do have a lot of fun here and so much encouragement as well as inspiration flows freely here.
    I like your workout plan!! Aiming at one mile a day with the extras added in is a good plan. You can always up it later, or not, as you progress. Or fluctuate between 1 and 2 miles depending on your day.

I like how Alex sets a reasonably lower goal and then exceeds it instead of setting an unattainable goal and becoming discouraged and quitting.

Again, welcome :flowerforyou:
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    Goal for June: 175 miles
    To date: 3 miles
    Left: 172 miles

This month I'm doing a combo of these throughout the month, got a new Leslie DVD!:

Leslie Sansone 5 Mile Fat Burner Walk
    Leslie Sansone 3 Mile Walk Away Your Waistline (my new one)
    Leslie Sansone 3 Mile Radio Remixes Walk to the Hits
    A mile walk to the library (1/2 mile each way)
    1-3 miles on the Treadmill at Gym

supplemama, I always like to read your goals each month. They are always amazing :drinker:
  • texasgardnr
    Options

You had me laughing out loud LOL :laugh:
  • Healthymom_5
    Healthymom_5 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I just joined the group today! I have a few Leslie Sansone DVDs that I enjoy, and I just ordered some more. I like the Three Mile Weight Loss Walk (with the famous second mile by Mary Kay that so many seem to love!). I can't wait to receive and try the new ones I ordered, which are Walk it Off in 30 Days, Belly Blasting walk, and Five Really Big Miles.

I think I will set my June goal for 40 miles. I won't be walking every day, rather mixing my walks with other DVDs. Looking forward to walking off the pounds with you!

Dawn

Welcome Healthymom_5!! Mary Kay's middle mile is one of my favorite individual miles in my collection. I do that Three Mile Weight Loss Walk DVD when I start feeling the need to speed walk with Mary Kay lol. Otherwise it sits there waiting till then :tongue: .

Thanks for the welcome! I'm excited and grateful for the group!
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    My goal for June will be 18 miles.

Each day I will try to walk at least 0.6 miles, since I figure that I can make that distance even on bad days. Last month, that is May, I did not miss one single day, and I even surpassed my goal. If I don't miss a single day in June I will have exercised for 60 consecutive days, and I hope that will establish exercise as a habit, which is my real goal.

May was fun, and everyone that stayed in for the whole month made amazing results :happy:. As Woody Allen said, eighty percent of the success is showing up. In the long run, showing up every day is what counts.

lidenalex, Cheering you on to your 60 day streak of walking daily! Awesome goal. Thank you for your thoughtful and encouraging posts, .and the time that you take to write them is appreciated also.

:flowerforyou:
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    Hi all!!! Sunday is usually my free day from planned exercise so I was so delighted when I loged in tonight and popped into the challenge to check things out to find so many walkers from previous challenges coming back :drinker:, as well as all the new walkers coming in to walk with us during June :happy:

I am looking forward to walking with each one of you!!

I have yet to figure out what my plan for June will be. I've been mulling it around and I shall see come tomorrow :tongue: .

See you all here tomorrow :flowerforyou:
  • lidenalex
    lidenalex Posts: 283
    Options
    Some years ago I read a book on habit forming, but unfortunately I've forgot the title of the book. I remember when the author tried to make a habit of practicing guitar. It went something like this:
    Let's say that you want to learn to play the guitar and you want to devote 20 minutes each evening after work for it. You figure that doing this for 21 days will make it into a habit. So you make up a paper with 21 boxes and look forward that each of the 21 boxes are checked off, after 21 days. You like to play the guitar. What could be easier? You take out your guitar from the wardrobe practice for 20 minutes, put the guitar back in the wardrobe and check the first box in your list....

21 days later you happen to look at your list... There are 3 checked boxes and 18 unchecked ... So what went wrong ... Well after a frustrating work day.. you came home.. sat in the sofa... the TV control was at the arm's reach so you grabbed it .. just to see if anything good was on TV...

After pondering the facts for a while you decide to make a new strategy.. You take the guitar out from the wardrobe and put it next to the sofa.. and you deliberately take the TV control and put it into wardrobe...

21 days later you look proudly at the list with 21 boxes ticked of...
    Is it possible to learn anything from this when it comes to eating habits and exercise habits?
  • Tabata_Mt
    Tabata_Mt Posts: 10
    Options
    Last month I failed miserably with my goal to walk 30 miles during the month. In June I stand again with the same goal of walking 30 miles and I already start the month with 2 miles that were made this morning! :drinker:

I completely forgot how the Leslie's DVD can be difficult! I finished the exercise sweating a lot and needing a big glass of water! But soon after I finished I could not stop feeling happy to have done it!:laugh: I have the feeling that this month will be great!
  • bandit5125
    bandit5125 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    5 advanced miles with Leslie today

10 miles with Leslie to date.

goal 125 miles

Happy walking!
  • Healthymom_5
    Healthymom_5 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    3 Mile Weight Loss Walk with Leslie today

5 Miles total for the month

35 to go (I'm enjoying this so much I just might increase my goal.... :))

Have a great day!
  • AnnofB
    Options
    Not sure how many miles I'm going to walk this month, have some commitments that might get in the way. I will walk as many as I can!

June 1, 5 miles Walk Your Belly Flat which is 3 miles & miles 2 and 3 of the 5 Day Slim Down.
    Did a stretchy band work out with a Stretch Max by Cathe Freidrich.
    June2, 4 Miles -- 4 Mile Super Challenge
  • lidenalex
    lidenalex Posts: 283
    Options
    Today: 7.5 miles.
    Total to date: 14.5 miles.
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    Sunday: Day of Rest

Monday:

4 miles: 4 Mile Super Challenge (WAP Express series).

0 minutes: walking outdoors

Goal for June: 40 miles

So far: 4 Leslie/ or other walking DVD miles

So far: 0 outdoor minutes

:flowerforyou: