Leslie Sansone June 2014 Walk Challenge

Options

Replies

• Healthymom_5
    Healthymom_5 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    Walk Strong arrived in the mail yesterday and was so excited to try it today! I kept the weights very low since I just strength trained yesterday, and still got a very nice workout! Excited to do this one again!

2 miles today for 27/40 for the month

Have a great evening!
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    Good morning friends. I am not feeling well and I have no idea why. I feel sluggish and moody. Anyways...I completed Leslie's 4 Mile Power Walk DVD. I hope you all have great day and keep on walking.
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,585 Member
    Options
    Good morning friends. I am not feeling well and I have no idea why. I feel sluggish and moody. Anyways...I completed Leslie's 4 Mile Power Walk DVD. I hope you all have great day and keep on walking.

PinkyPan1

Good on you for working out even when you didn't really want to. Sometimes we have to push through these things. Hope you are feeling your upbeat self again soon.

Oh, btw, I saw something about shin splints and how to avoid them at Prevention magazines website. HTH

Get loose

Tight calf muscles can be painful in and of themselves, but they can also place undue stress on your shins, notes Jeffrey L. Young, MD, attending physician in the department of physical medicine and rehabilitation at the Hospital for Special Surgery in New York City.

To keep your calves supple and to sidestep shin splints, stand on a step facing a staircase. Let the back half of your right foot hang over the step's edge, but keep your right knee straight. (Your left foot should be entirely on the step.) Next, bend your left knee, and slowly let your right heel drop until you feel your calf stretch. Hold for 30 seconds, then repeat three or four times. Switch legs, and stretch the other calf. Then repeat the sequence, slightly bending the knee of the leg you're stretching.
  • lidenalex
    lidenalex Posts: 283
    Options
    today: 8 miles
    total: 133 miles
  • PinkyPan1
    Options

PinkyPan1

Good on you for working out even when you didn't really want to. Sometimes we have to push through these things. Hope you are feeling your upbeat self again soon.

Oh, btw, I saw something about shin splints and how to avoid them at Prevention magazines website. HTH

Get loose

Tight calf muscles can be painful in and of themselves, but they can also place undue stress on your shins, notes Jeffrey L. Young, MD, attending physician in the department of physical medicine and rehabilitation at the Hospital for Special Surgery in New York City.

To keep your calves supple and to sidestep shin splints, stand on a step facing a staircase. Let the back half of your right foot hang over the step's edge, but keep your right knee straight. (Your left foot should be entirely on the step.) Next, bend your left knee, and slowly let your right heel drop until you feel your calf stretch. Hold for 30 seconds, then repeat three or four times. Switch legs, and stretch the other calf. Then repeat the sequence, slightly bending the knee of the leg you're stretching.

Thank you! I am going to do this. I very much appreciate you taking the time and sharing this with me. You made my day this is so kind of you. :happy:
  • bandit5125
    bandit5125 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    5 advanced miles with Leslie this morning

75 miles with Leslie to date.

57 miles outside to date

132 miles to date total

goal 125 miles I made my goal for the month!!!! Yeah!!!!drinker

Happy walking! ----LouAnn
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    Friday:

3 miles: /walk Your Belly Flat.

0 minutes

Goal for June: 40 miles

So far: 27 Leslie/ or other walking DVD miles

So far: 170 outdoor minutes

:flowerforyou:
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    @ bandit5125 - "127 miles to date total" Congratulations! You are exceeding your 125 mile goal!! :drinker:

@ Healthymom_5 - Good for you getting a new DVD: "Walk Strong"! that is a good one to do :smile: .

@ PinkyPan1 - Hope that you feel better soon. The 4 Mile Power Walk is a tough one to complete when feeling out of sorts. You did well powering through anyway :happy: !

@ AnnofB - Thanks for the write up about shin splints that you shared with PinkyPan1 and the rest of us also :wink: .

@ alex - You are using your vacation time to walk some serious miles. Good for you!!

Wishing every one a wonderful weekend!!

:flowerforyou:
  • PinkyPan1
    Options
    Hell yeah! Good morning... I got my groove back this morning. I purchased compression sleeves for the shin splints and did exercises to alleviate the the problem all week. I also realized I was attacking my walks rather than staying loose and enjoying them. So this morning I told myself to concentrate on my posture, slow down and enjoy. Wow what a difference. The fog and humidity were not a factor. I was able to do 5.5 miles and I feel great. Thank you all for keeping motivated.
  • lidenalex
    Options
    PinkyPan1 5.5 miles woot!

today: 9 miles
    total: 142 miles
  • bandit5125
    bandit5125 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    5 advanced miles with Leslie this morning

80 miles with Leslie to date.

14 miles hiking today my feet are killing me but beat my personal best for steps, over 40000 steps and 20 miles today!

71 miles outside to date

151 miles to date total

goal 125 miles I made my goal for the month!!!! Yeah!!!!drinker

Happy walking! ----LouAnn
  • AnnofB
    Options
    Hell yeah! Good morning... I got my groove back this morning. I purchased compression sleeves for the shin splints and did exercises to alleviate the the problem all week. I also realized I was attacking my walks rather than staying loose and enjoying them. So this morning I told myself to concentrate on my posture, slow down and enjoy. Wow what a difference. The fog and humidity were not a factor. I was able to do 5.5 miles and I feel great. Thank you all for keeping motivated.

PinkyPan1,

Great point about "attacking" vs.being loose and enjoying the walk. Staying in the moment-sounds easy but it ain't. :wink:

Keep walking!
  • AnnofB
    Options
    Not sure how many miles I'm going to walk this month, have some commitments that might get in the way. I will walk as many as I can!

June 1, 5 miles Walk Your Belly Flat which is 3 miles & miles 2 and 3 of the 5 Day Slim Down.
    Did a stretchy band work out with a Stretch Max by Cathe Freidrich.
    June2, 4 Miles -- 4 Mile Super Challenge
    June 3, 2 Miles -- Interval walk with Debbie Rocker
    June 4, 3 Miles-- 3 Mile Power Walk
    June 5, 4 Miles-- 4 Mile Super Challenge
    June 6, 1 Mile - Burn and Firm Pilates... an aerobics and Pilates blend.
    June 10, 2 Miles-, 5 Day Slim Down miles 2 and 3
    June 11, 3 Miles- 5 Day Slim Down miles 1, 4 and 5
    June 12, 4 Miles- Walking for Weight Loss with Debbie Rocker and 1 mile of Leslie.
    June 15, 4 Miles -of the 5 Day Slim Down
    Jun 16, 1 Mile- of the 5 Day Slim Down
    June 17, 2 Miles - Belly Blasting Walk
    June 18, 4 Miles- 4 Mile Super challenge
    June 19, 3 Miles - Walking for WEight Loss with Debbie Rocker
    June 21 2 Miles 5 Day slim down Miles 2 and 3

40.5 miles so far
  • zichab
    zichab Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    June Goal: 60 Miles + 30DS
    June 1-Exercise TV-Start Walking at Home-1 Mile + Level 1 30DS=1 mile
    June 3-Burn 30-+ Level 1 30DS=1 mile
    June 4-WAP- Walk Slim-4 Fast Miles=4 miles=6 total
    June 5-WAH-Walk Slim-5 Really Big Miles=5 miles=11 total
    June 7-Endomondo Recorded-Mowed Lawn-1.5 miles=12.5 total
    WAH Burn Body Fat & Sculpt Your Arms 3miles+ Level 1 30DS=15.5 miles total
    June 8-Just Walk-4 Mile Power Walk-4 miles + Level 1 30DS=19.5 miles
    June 10-WAP-3 Fast Miles + Level 1 30DS=22.5 miles
    June 11-WAP-Walk Slim-4 Fast Miles=26.5 mil
    June 13-WAP-3 Mile Weight Loss Walk + Level 1 30DS
    Endomondo Recorded-Mowed Lawn 1.5 miles=31 total miles
    June 15-WAH-Walk Slim-5 Really Big Miles=36 total miles
    June 16-WAP-3 Mile Weight Loss Walk=39 miles total
    June 17-WAP-4 Fast Miles=43 miles total
    June 18-WAH-5 mile Fat Burning Walk-5 miles=48 miles total
    June 21-Just Walk-Ultimate 5 Day Walk Plan-Monday-3 miles=51 miles total
    I have got to get to 60 before Thursday!!!!!
  • PinkyPan1
    Options
    Good morning! I enjoyed another 5.5 walk this morning. I hope everyone has a great Sunday.
    My total thus far 95.5 for the month.
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday everyone....

Checking in here..... I haven't walked with Leslie but I have 66.6 miles walking outside.

Keep it up everyone 9 days left to make our goals!!
  • lidenalex
    Options
    I have 66.6 miles walking outside.

Lilymay2, 66.6 mileas is great :flowerforyou:
  • Healthymom_5
    Healthymom_5 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    2 miles with Walk it Off in 30 Days for 29/40
    Also did Kelly Coffey's Circuit Burn
    Have a great day!
  • lidenalex