Leslie Sansone June 2014 Walk Challenge

Options

Replies

• AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,588 Member
    Options
    Pinkypan1 & AnnofB-As one of the people who does not even speak until 10 AM and is married to a happy morning person-Bah Humbug! :yawn: However, where are all of you at 2 AM when the moon is beautiful!!!! :wink: That is when I am fill of perkiness and joy! :bigsmile:

Zichab - LOL!

I'm glad you are representing the "Dark Side" - showing em' that night people ARE happy and bursting with energy; just at a different time. Only after dark, like vampires, sort of. :laugh:

Just to let you know, I'm not a morning person. However PinkPan1's post made me almost want to be a morning person. You and I are in the same boat. My DH is also a morning person. I finally got him to stop calling me "Mary Sunshine" which really irritated me 6 am as I dragged myself out of bed to get ready for work. Now I'm retired and I get up when I please which is well after sunrise.

I'm salute you resilience, making it to 2 am. I can't last that long any more. Enjoy it while you're young!:happy:
  • AnnofB
    Options
    I love the enthusiasm everyone participating is bringing to this board.

I think more people are doing the challenge this month than in January. And that's quite a lot.

We're half way done.

Keep walking Friends! :flowerforyou:
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    Startergal....I am glad my post motivated you do a mile this morning. :)

Alex...90 miles! Wow! I am so impressed and in awe.

Healthymom...LOL I did not notice that my ticker gal about leapt off my ticker. Walking has become my happy place and had I known I could lose weight doing so I would have started walking years ago.

AnnaofB....thank you. I had an emotional day (missing my dad) and your kind words are very much appreciated.
  • bandit5125
    bandit5125 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    so we walked this morning thinking we were not going to get much In today when the kids showed up, boy were we wrong! we went to Portland Headlight in Maine and walked a lot! 10 miles by the time we were done. my feet are feeling it and so is my knee. What a great day! oh and I beat my step record, I did just over 30,000 steps today!
    Yesterday June 14 5 miles in the park

today 6 miles in the park with the dogs

today 10 miles Portland Maine

50 miles with Leslie to date.

46.5 miles outside to date

96.5 miles to date total

goal 125 miles

Happy walking! ----LouAnn
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Goal for June: 175 miles
    To date: 41 miles
    Left: 134 miles

This month I'm doing a combo of these throughout the month, got a new Leslie DVD!:

Leslie Sansone 5 Mile Fat Burner Walk
    Leslie Sansone 3 Mile Walk Away Your Waistline (my new one)
    Leslie Sansone 3 Mile Radio Remixes Walk to the Hits
    A mile walk to the library (1/2 mile each way)
    1-3 miles on the Treadmill at Gym

I'm behind, going to STEP IT UP this week :grumble:
  • lidenalex
    lidenalex Posts: 283
    Options
    today 6 miles in the park with the dogs
    today 10 miles Portland Maine

Fantastic LouAnn :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • PinkyPan1
    Options
    Good morning friends! I logged 4 miles today. I had to cut my walk back due to shin splints showing up. UGH!!!! I did break in a new pair of shoes this morning and they felt great. I am going to have to do more stretching and work on my shins. I am icing them now. It seems every time I try to increase my speed or distance the shin splints appear. Until my shin splints heal up I will have to avoid the hills I have been tackling.

Happy walking and have a great day.
  • Healthymom_5
    Healthymom_5 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!
    I took a rest day yesterday and was excited to get back today!
    2 miles with Leslie's Belly Blasting Walk, followed by the Firm 30 segment from Walk It Off in 30 (used 10# for a couple of exercises for the first time!).

23/40 done

PinkyPan1 - so sorry about the shin splints! I hope you are able to overcome that fast!
    Supplemama - that is one impressive ticker representing hard work! You must feel amazing!

Have a great day, all!
  • bandit5125
    bandit5125 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    5 advanced miles with Leslie this morning

4.5 miles mowing the lawn

55 miles with Leslie to date.

51 miles outside to date

107 miles to date total

goal 125 miles

Happy walking! ----LouAnn
  • lidenalex
    Options
    today: 10 miles
    total: 100 miles
  • PinkyPan1
    Options
    total: 100 miles

WOW Alex! You motivate and inspire me. Keep on walking. :smile:
  • zichab
    zichab Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    June Goal: 60 Miles + 30DS
    June 1-Exercise TV-Start Walking at Home-1 Mile + Level 1 30DS=1 mile
    June 3-Burn 30-+ Level 1 30DS=1 mile
    June 4-WAP- Walk Slim-4 Fast Miles=4 miles=6 total
    June 5-WAH-Walk Slim-5 Really Big Miles=5 miles=11 total
    June 7-Endomondo Recorded-Mowed Lawn-1.5 miles=12.5 total
    WAH Burn Body Fat & Sculpt Your Arms 3miles+ Level 1 30DS=15.5 miles total
    June 8-Just Walk-4 Mile Power Walk-4 miles + Level 1 30DS=19.5 miles
    June 10-WAP-3 Fast Miles + Level 1 30DS=22.5 miles
    June 11-WAP-Walk Slim-4 Fast Miles=26.5 mil
    June 13-WAP-3 Mile Weight Loss Walk + Level 1 30DS
    Endomondo Recorded-Mowed Lawn 1.5 miles=31 total miles
    June 15-WAH-Walk Slim-5 Really Big Miles=36 total miles
    June 16-WAP-3 Mile Weight Loss Walk=39 miles total
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    Sunday, regular free day

Monday:

3 miles: 5K With a Twist

0 minutes

Goal for June: 40 miles

So far: 16 Leslie/ or other walking DVD miles

So far: 170 outdoor minutes

PinkyPan1, I'm sorry about the shin splints :noway: . Feel better really soon.

Wow, there is some serious mileage being recorded since my last post on Saturday!! Y'all are a rocking and a rolling.... well I mean 'walking' :laugh: :drinker: .
  • zichab
    zichab Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    Pinkypan1 & AnnofB-As one of the people who does not even speak until 10 AM and is married to a happy morning person-Bah Humbug! :yawn: However, where are all of you at 2 AM when the moon is beautiful!!!! :wink: That is when I am fill of perkiness and joy! :bigsmile:

Zichab - LOL!

I'm glad you are representing the "Dark Side" - showing em' that night people ARE happy and bursting with energy; just at a different time. Only after dark, like vampires, sort of. :laugh:

Just to let you know, I'm not a morning person. However PinkPan1's post made me almost want to be a morning person. You and I are in the same boat. My DH is also a morning person. I finally got him to stop calling me "Mary Sunshine" which really irritated me 6 am as I dragged myself out of bed to get ready for work. Now I'm retired and I get up when I please which is well after sunrise.

I'm salute you resilience, making it to 2 am. I can't last that long any more. Enjoy it while you're young!:happy:

Oh my gosh AnnofB-where did that Mary Sunshine stuff come from! My DH says that to me in the sense of "Well aren't we just the Mary Sunshine this morning" usually before I have had any coffee! GGGRRRRR! I am 61 and I still love to be up all night! It is so peaceful and quiet and I get so much done. I have tried being a morning person but I just can't do it! Maybe when I am 70, I'll try it again, but for now, I am loving the Vampire life! :laugh:
  • startergal53
    startergal53 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    62 miles to date-

3 Mile ultimate workout with Leslie after walking at the park - 4 miles!

A great way to start the week.
    Alex aren't you on vacation? lol- love the mileage man!
    PinkyPan1 listen to the body and be good to it- you are doing great-
    Supplemama- holding the door for ya don't fret you are almost there!

Everyone is doing great - I am both a morning person and a night owl - quiet at both ends makes me a happy girl. Or as they say I like to see them coming and a going.
  • PinkyPan1
    Options
    Good morning! I did the Women's Walk 2 miles with Leslie today. My 2 grandsons are about to get dropped off for the day so I will hopefully get another 2-3 miles in before bed tonight. Fingers crossed. Have a wonderful day everyone.
  • Healthymom_5
    Healthymom_5 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    2 miles of of "5 Really Big Miles" walked; floor workout 1 from "Belly Blasting Walk" DVD.
    25/40 done

Happy walking!
  • AnnofB
    Options
    Zichab - LOL!

[/quote]
    ly
    Oh my gosh AnnofB-where did that Mary Sunshine stuff come from! My DH says that to me in the sense of "Well aren't we just the Mary Sunshine this morning" usually before I have had any coffee! GGGRRRRR! I am 61 and I still love to be up all night! It is so peaceful and quiet and I get so much done. I have tried being a morning person but I just can't do it! Maybe when I am 70, I'll try it again, but for now, I am loving the Vampire life! :laugh:
    [/quote]

Zichab,
    Lol... i thought you were maybe in your late 30's, early 40's. You are blessed with youthful genes apparently. And being a night owl must be helping to keep you young too. Thank heaven for coffee! Had to fast for some tests the other day no caffeine for 24 hours. That's the longest I've ever gone without caffeine. "Mary Sunshine" I was not. We'll have to look up the Mary Sunshine thing and see if we can have it struck from the English language.

Have a great evening :smile:
  • AnnofB
    Options
    Not sure how many miles I'm going to walk this month, have some commitments that might get in the way. I will walk as many as I can!

June 1, 5 miles Walk Your Belly Flat which is 3 miles & miles 2 and 3 of the 5 Day Slim Down.
    Did a stretchy band work out with a Stretch Max by Cathe Freidrich.
    June2, 4 Miles -- 4 Mile Super Challenge
    June 3, 2 Miles -- Interval walk with Debbie Rocker
    June 4, 3 Miles-- 3 Mile Power Walk
    June 5, 4 Miles-- 4 Mile Super Challenge
    June 6, 1 Mile - Burn and Firm Pilates... an aerobics and Pilates blend.
    June 10, 2 Miles, 5 Day Slim Down miles 2 and 3
    June 11, 3 Miles 5 Day Slim Down miles 1, 4 and 5
    June 12, 4 Miles Walking for Weight Loss with Debbie Rocker and 1 mile of Leslie.
    June 15, 4 Miles of the 5 Day Slim Down
    Jun 16, 1 Mile 5 Day Slim Down
    June 17, 2 Miles Belly Blasting Walk
  • lidenalex
    Options
    Alex aren't you on vacation? lol- love the mileage man!

Starttergal53 62 miles is great :flowerforyou: . The problem with vacation is that you eat a LOT. So far two Italian restaurants, one Mexican and one from Argentina :devil: . The only way to keep the calories at bay is to exercise :grumble: .

total: 110 miles.