Leslie Sansone June 2014 Walk Challenge

Options

Replies

• lidenalex
    lidenalex Posts: 283
    Options
    Here is a short story I read a long time ago. WARNING: DO NOT READ if you are sentimental and prone to cry.

MOTHER FORGETS

Listen, angel: I am saying this as you lie asleep, one little paw crumpled under your cheek and the blond curls stickily wet on your damp forehead. I have stolen into your room alone. Just a few minutes ago, as I sat reading my book in the library, a stifling wave of remorse swept over me. Guiltily I came to your bedside.

These are the things I was thinking, angel: I had been cross to you. I scolded you as you were dressing for school because you gave your face merely a dab with a towel. I took you to task for not cleaning your shoes. I called out angrily when you threw some of your things on the floor.

At breakfast I found fault, too. You spilled things. You gulped down your food. You put your elbows on the table. You spread butter too thick on your bread. And as you started off to play and I made for my train, you turned and waved a hand and called, “Goodbye, Mummy!” and I frowned, and said in reply, “Hold your shoulders back!”

Then it began all over again in the late afternoon. As I came up the road I spied you, down on your knees, playing with the other girls. There were holes in your stockings. I humiliated you before your girl friends by marching you ahead of me to the house. Stockings were expensive—and if you had to buy them you would be more careful! Imagine that, my angel, from a mother!

Do you remember, later, when I was reading in the library, how you came in timidly, with a sort of hurt look in your eyes? When I glanced up over my book, impatient at the interruption, you hesitated at the door. “What is it you want?” I snapped.

You said nothing, but ran across in one tempestuous plunge, and threw your arms around my neck and kissed me, and your small arms tightened with an affection that God had set blooming in your heart and which even neglect could not wither. And then you were gone, pattering up the stairs.

Well, angel, it was shortly afterwards that my book slipped from my hands and a terrible sickening fear came over me. What has habit been doing to me? The habit of finding fault, of reprimanding—this was my reward to you for being a girl. It was not that I did not love you; it was that I expected too much of youth. I was measuring you by the yardstick of my own years.

And there was so much that was good and fine and true in your character. The little heart of you was as big as the dawn itself over the wide hills. This was shown by your spontaneous impulse to rush in and kiss me good night. Nothing else matters tonight, angel. I have come to your bed-side in the darkness, and I have knelt there, ashamed!

It is a feeble atonement; I know you would not understand these things if I told them to you during your waking hours. But tomorrow I will be a real mummy! I will chum with you, and suffer when you suffer, and laugh when you laugh. I will bite my tongue when impatient words come. I will keep saying as if it were a ritual: “She is nothing but a girl - a little girl!”

I am afraid I have visualized you as a woman. Yet as I see you now, angel, crumpled and weary in your cot, I see that you are still a baby. Yesterday you were in my arms, your head on my shoulder. I have asked too much, too much.”
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    Here is a short story I read a long time ago. WARNING: DO NOT READ if you are sentimental and prone to cry.

MOTHER FORGETS

Listen, angel: ..........
    :cry: :cry: I am surely one of those sentimental mothers/grandmothers who refuses to heed warnings not to read the story, and foolishly takes the chance that I might cry.
    Precisely because the the story is titled "MOTHER FORGETS" :cry: :cry:
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    Tuesday:

3 miles: Walk Slim 3 Fast Miles

0 minutes

Goal for June: 40 miles

So far: 19 Leslie/ or other walking DVD miles

So far: 170 outdoor minutes

I am very much enjoying all the lively and chatty posts, and especially for those of you who have been personally sharing the victories and the struggles, as well as the bits of wisdom... and those special thoughts and stories worth sharing that have come your way during this month :heart: . Thank you!

:flowerforyou:
  • bandit5125
    bandit5125 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    5 advanced miles with Leslie this morning

60 miles with Leslie to date.

51 miles outside to date

111 miles to date total

goal 125 miles

Happy walking! ----LouAnn
  • zichab
    zichab Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    June Goal: 60 Miles + 30DS
    June 1-Exercise TV-Start Walking at Home-1 Mile + Level 1 30DS=1 mile
    June 3-Burn 30-+ Level 1 30DS=1 mile
    June 4-WAP- Walk Slim-4 Fast Miles=4 miles=6 total
    June 5-WAH-Walk Slim-5 Really Big Miles=5 miles=11 total
    June 7-Endomondo Recorded-Mowed Lawn-1.5 miles=12.5 total
    WAH Burn Body Fat & Sculpt Your Arms 3miles+ Level 1 30DS=15.5 miles total
    June 8-Just Walk-4 Mile Power Walk-4 miles + Level 1 30DS=19.5 miles
    June 10-WAP-3 Fast Miles + Level 1 30DS=22.5 miles
    June 11-WAP-Walk Slim-4 Fast Miles=26.5 mil
    June 13-WAP-3 Mile Weight Loss Walk + Level 1 30DS
    Endomondo Recorded-Mowed Lawn 1.5 miles=31 total miles
    June 15-WAH-Walk Slim-5 Really Big Miles=36 total miles
    June 16-WAP-3 Mile Weight Loss Walk=39 miles total
    June 17-WAP-4 Fast Miles=43 miles total
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    Good morning friends. "It's a beautiful day to take a walk!" I hope you are all doing well. I am still unable to walk outside due to shin splints. I know I should be resting 100% but I can not help it. I find they do not hurt when I do the videos. This morning I did 3 Fast Miles with Leslie. Keep on walking and smile, smile, smile! :smile:
  • startergal53
    startergal53 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    68 miles in- forgot to come on last night to log in 2 for yesterday outside walking
    did 4 miles with Leslie this morning.
    Take it easy PinkyPan1 and "Z" counting down the days to see that baby doing great!

Have a wonderful day all!
  • Healthymom_5
    Healthymom_5 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Great walking, everyone!
    Did a different DVD today but still got a great workout (Debbie Siebers - Shape it Up). But couldn't help but to report in :). Tomorrow will be a big walk day for me.

Have a lovely day and enjoy your walks and how good they make you feel!
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,588 Member
    Options
    Not sure how many miles I'm going to walk this month, have some commitments that might get in the way. I will walk as many as I can!

June 1, 5 miles Walk Your Belly Flat which is 3 miles & miles 2 and 3 of the 5 Day Slim Down.
    Did a stretchy band work out with a Stretch Max by Cathe Freidrich.
    June2, 4 Miles -- 4 Mile Super Challenge
    June 3, 2 Miles -- Interval walk with Debbie Rocker
    June 4, 3 Miles-- 3 Mile Power Walk
    June 5, 4 Miles-- 4 Mile Super Challenge
    June 6, 1 Mile - Burn and Firm Pilates... an aerobics and Pilates blend.
    June 10, 2 Miles-, 5 Day Slim Down miles 2 and 3
    June 11, 3 Miles- 5 Day Slim Down miles 1, 4 and 5
    June 12, 4 Miles- Walking for Weight Loss with Debbie Rocker and 1 mile of Leslie.
    June 15, 4 Miles -of the 5 Day Slim Down
    Jun 16, 1 Mile- of the 5 Day Slim Down
    June 17, 2 Miles - Belly Blasting Walk
    June 18, 4 Miles- 4 Mile Super challenge
  • lidenalex
    Options
    today: 5 miles
    total: 115 miles
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    Great walking, everyone!
    Did a different DVD today but still got a great workout (Debbie Siebers - Shape it Up). But couldn't help but to report in :). Tomorrow will be a big walk day for me.

Have a lovely day and enjoy your walks and how good they make you feel!

Healthymom_5, yes indeed feel free to report any of your other exercise you do, whether in conjunction with your walk or instead of a walk, or another instructor's walk DVD all are great things to share with us and do! Diversity in exercise keeps our body from getting used to the same ole thing all the time. I like to keep my body guessing from time to time, both in exercise and with cals eaten or kind of food. Been working for me :happy: .

• texasgardnr
    Options
    Wednesday:

2 miles: U5DWP ~ the 'blue' mile x 2. With warm up and cool down.

0 minutes

So far: 21 Leslie/ or other walking DVD miles

• bandit5125
    Options

65 miles with Leslie to date.

51 miles outside to date

116 miles to date total

goal 125 miles

• zichab
    zichab Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    June Goal: 60 Miles + 30DS
    June 1-Exercise TV-Start Walking at Home-1 Mile + Level 1 30DS=1 mile
    June 3-Burn 30-+ Level 1 30DS=1 mile
    June 4-WAP- Walk Slim-4 Fast Miles=4 miles=6 total
    June 5-WAH-Walk Slim-5 Really Big Miles=5 miles=11 total
    June 7-Endomondo Recorded-Mowed Lawn-1.5 miles=12.5 total
    WAH Burn Body Fat & Sculpt Your Arms 3miles+ Level 1 30DS=15.5 miles total
    June 8-Just Walk-4 Mile Power Walk-4 miles + Level 1 30DS=19.5 miles
    June 10-WAP-3 Fast Miles + Level 1 30DS=22.5 miles
    June 11-WAP-Walk Slim-4 Fast Miles=26.5 mil
    June 13-WAP-3 Mile Weight Loss Walk + Level 1 30DS
    Endomondo Recorded-Mowed Lawn 1.5 miles=31 total miles
    June 15-WAH-Walk Slim-5 Really Big Miles=36 total miles
    June 16-WAP-3 Mile Weight Loss Walk=39 miles total
    June 17-WAP-4 Fast Miles=43 miles total
    June 18-WAH-5 mile Fat Burning Walk-5 miles=48 miles total
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I did Leslie's 2 Mile Walk This way twice this morning for a total of 4 miles. Have a great day every one.
  • startergal53
    startergal53 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I did Leslie's 2 Mile Walk This way twice this morning for a total of 4 miles. Have a great day every one.

Love that! Putting my shoes on now lol report later- just needed the motivation to see what all everyone has been doing. As always it gave me the boost necessary.

Happy trails!

Yes a shout out to Healthy? lol (I need to paste here) but thanks for reminding us to enjoy how it feels. Awesome1:smile:
  • lidenalex
    Options
    today: 10 miles
    total: 125 miles
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,588 Member
    Options
    Not sure how many miles I'm going to walk this month, have some commitments that might get in the way. I will walk as many as I can!

June 1, 5 miles Walk Your Belly Flat which is 3 miles & miles 2 and 3 of the 5 Day Slim Down.
    Did a stretchy band work out with a Stretch Max by Cathe Freidrich.
    June2, 4 Miles -- 4 Mile Super Challenge
    June 3, 2 Miles -- Interval walk with Debbie Rocker
    June 4, 3 Miles-- 3 Mile Power Walk
    June 5, 4 Miles-- 4 Mile Super Challenge
    June 6, 1 Mile - Burn and Firm Pilates... an aerobics and Pilates blend.
    June 10, 2 Miles-, 5 Day Slim Down miles 2 and 3
    June 11, 3 Miles- 5 Day Slim Down miles 1, 4 and 5
    June 12, 4 Miles- Walking for Weight Loss with Debbie Rocker and 1 mile of Leslie.
    June 15, 4 Miles -of the 5 Day Slim Down
    Jun 16, 1 Mile- of the 5 Day Slim Down
    June 17, 2 Miles - Belly Blasting Walk
    June 18, 4 Miles- 4 Mile Super challenge
    June 19, 3 Miles - Walking for WEight Loss with Debbie Rocker
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    Thursday:

3 miles: 5 Day Slim Down. Mile 1 (twice) and mile 2.

0 minutes

So far: 24 Leslie/ or other walking DVD miles

There is some serious mileage being walked by you all today!! So proud of everyone :drinker: .

• bandit5125
    Options

6 miles at the park

70 miles with Leslie to date.

57 miles outside to date

127 miles to date total

goal 125 miles I made my goal for the month!!!! Yeah!!!!:drinker: