Leslie Sansone June 2014 Walk Challenge

Options

Replies

• bandit5125
    bandit5125 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    My knee is better, was able to do the jogging this morning with the brace, Haven't been able to do that since I hurt it on Saturday. Feels good! Will be glad when I don't need the brace anymore!

5 advanced miles with Leslie today

45 miles with Leslie to date.

25.5 miles outside to date

70.5 miles to date total

goal 125 miles

Happy walking!
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,588 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful morning! I walked an additional 5 miles outside this morning and I feel awesome. I jump out of bed at 4:45 each day just to get my walks in. These walk have brought me peace, joy and weight loss. What's not to love? TMI.... and a tighter butt! LOL

Pinkypan1, your enthusiasm has almost made this morning hater person want to get up and greet the day. Almost. Seriously, great work and it's good to hear the joy in your post. :happy:

I know you will have a wonderful day today. :smile:
  • AnnofB
    Options
    Not sure how many miles I'm going to walk this month, have some commitments that might get in the way. I will walk as many as I can!

June 1, 5 miles Walk Your Belly Flat which is 3 miles & miles 2 and 3 of the 5 Day Slim Down.
    Did a stretchy band work out with a Stretch Max by Cathe Freidrich.
    June2, 4 Miles -- 4 Mile Super Challenge
    June 3, 2 Miles -- Interval walk with Debbie Rocker
    June 4, 3 Miles-- 3 Mile Power Walk
    June 5, 4 Miles-- 4 Mile Super Challenge
    June 6, 1 Mile - Burn and Firm Pilates... an aerobics and Pilates blend.
    June 10, 2 Miles, 5 Day Slim Down miles 2 and 3
    June 11, 3 Miles 5 Day Slim Down miles 1, 4 and 5
  • Healthymom_5
    Healthymom_5 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    My first 3 mile day:)! Love reading all the walking you all are doing - fantastic!

Miles 1,2 and 4 of Walk Slim - 5 Really Big Miles
    Really enjoyed this and loved the intereval mile!!(mile 4).
    17/40 miles done
  • startergal53
    startergal53 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Great job everyone!

Glad you are feeling better "bandit5125" hooray Healthymom_5 and AnnofB keep on keeping on and we are all working it PinkyPan1 lol :laugh:

Walked 5 miles today. 2 with the challenge Ultimate Thursday
    Burn Fat mile
    2 with Debbie Rocker

40.5 miles to date.
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful morning! I walked an additional 5 miles outside this morning and I feel awesome. I jump out of bed at 4:45 each day just to get my walks in. These walk have brought me peace, joy and weight loss. What's not to love? TMI.... and a tighter butt! LOL

Pinkypan1, your enthusiasm has almost made this morning hater person want to get up and greet the day. Almost. Seriously, great work and it's good to hear the joy in your post. :happy:

I know you will have a wonderful day today. :smile:

Awww...thank you. I was just told this very morning from my sister that she finds me annoying. LOL We had a hair appointment this morning and I greeted her with a hug, smile and a good morning to ya. She just stood there and said "I find your happiness rather annoying. Are you always going to be like this?" I smiled and said "yep!" So, I thank you very much for your kind words and wish you a wonderful day too!
  • lidenalex
    lidenalex Posts: 283
    Options
    today: 6 miles
    total: 82 miles
  • heavenlyb14
    heavenlyb14 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    1st June 4 miles
    2nd June 4.5 miles
    3rd June 4 miles
    4th June 4 miles
    5th June 4 miles
    6th June 4 fast miles with Leslie and another 4 walking outside.
    7th June 4 miles
    8th June 3 mile weight loss with Leslie and another 2 walking outside.
    9th June 0 sick
    10th June 4 miles
    11th June 5 miles
    12th June 6 miles

Happy walking everyone :flowerforyou:
  • heavenlyb14
    Options
    today: 6 miles
    total: 82 miles

Alex do you feel better today?
  • heavenlyb14
    Options

I love reading about everyone's walk but this post is my favourite so far this month.
  • lidenalex
    lidenalex Posts: 283
    Options
    Alex do you feel better today?
    Thanks for asking heavanlyb14, I'm just fine. Here's a $25,000 Idea story for you
    In 1912 efficiency expert Ivy Lee met with his prospective client, Charles Schwab who was President of Bethlehem Steel, and outlined how his organization could benefit the company. Lee ended his presentation by saying:

"With our service, you'll know how to manage better." Schwab then stated:

"We don't need more 'knowing' but need more 'doing.' If you can give us something to help us do the things we already know we ought to do, I'll gladly pay you anything within reason you ask."

"I can give you something in twenty minutes that will step up your doing at least fifty percent," Lee answered.

"Okay", Schwab said, "show me."

Lee then handed Schwab a blank sheet of paper and said:

"Write down the six most important tasks you have to do tomorrow in order of their importance. The first thing tomorrow morning look as item one and start working on it until it is finished."

"Then tackle item two in the same way; and so on. Do this until quitting time. Don't be concerned if you have only finished one or two. Take care of emergencies, but then get back to working on the most important items. The others can wait."

"Make this a habit every working day. Pass it on to those under you. Try it as long as you like, then send me your check for what you think it's worth."

In a few weeks, Schwab sent Lee a check for $25,000 with a letter stating that he learned a profitable lesson.

After five years this plan was largely responsible for turning the unknown Bethlehem Steel Company into the biggest independent steel producer. Schwab purportedly made a hundred million dollars and became the best known steel man in the world.
    Each time I catch myself, thinking gloomy thoughts, or analyzing what will happen in the future, I say to myself. "Stop thinking, Do, do do!".
    Do what? The highest undone item on my six point list for the day, which I prepare first thing in the morning.
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    Good morning and Happy Friday Walkers!!! I racked up an additional 5.5 miles this am. I had to get an earlier start this morning due to my grandson being dropped off at 6:30. I hit the pavement at 4:45 and it took a little longer for my legs to kick in but once they did I was in cruise control. I much prefer witnessing the sunrise rather than walking in the dark. Have a great day and keep on walking.
  • AnnofB
    Options
    Not sure how many miles I'm going to walk this month, have some commitments that might get in the way. I will walk as many as I can!

June 1, 5 miles Walk Your Belly Flat which is 3 miles & miles 2 and 3 of the 5 Day Slim Down.
    Did a stretchy band work out with a Stretch Max by Cathe Freidrich.
    June2, 4 Miles -- 4 Mile Super Challenge
    June 3, 2 Miles -- Interval walk with Debbie Rocker
    June 4, 3 Miles-- 3 Mile Power Walk
    June 5, 4 Miles-- 4 Mile Super Challenge
    June 6, 1 Mile - Burn and Firm Pilates... an aerobics and Pilates blend.
    June 10, 2 Miles, 5 Day Slim Down miles 2 and 3
    June 11, 3 Miles 5 Day Slim Down miles 1, 4 and 5
    June 12, 4 Miles Walking for Weight Loss with Debbie Rocker and 1 mile of Leslie.
  • AnnofB
    Options
    [/quote]
    Each time I catch myself, thinking gloomy thoughts, or analyzing what will happen in the future, I say to myself. "Stop thinking, Do, do do!".
    Do what? The highest undone item on my six point list for the day, which I prepare first thing in the morning.
    [/quote]

Wonderful story.
  • AnnofB
    Options
    Awww...thank you. I was just told this very morning from my sister that she finds me annoying. LOL We had a hair appointment this morning and I greeted her with a hug, smile and a good morning to ya. She just stood there and said "I find your happiness rather annoying. Are you always going to be like this?" I smiled and said "yep!" So, I thank you very much for your kind words and wish you a wonderful day too!
    [/quote]

Pinkypan1,

LOL. It's a good thing "morning people" out number "not morning people" or the world be grouchy and on hold till about 10:00 am everyday.

You are laying down the miles!
  • bandit5125
    bandit5125 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    so jogging yesterday wasn't a good idea. my knees ached all day. back to just the brisk walk. I did do some added weights to mile 3.

5 advanced miles with Leslie today

50 miles with Leslie to date.

25.5 miles outside to date

75.5 miles to date total

goal 125 miles

Happy walking! ----LouAnn
  • heavenlyb14
    Options
    1st June 4 miles
    2nd June 4.5 miles
    3rd June 4 miles
    4th June 4 miles
    5th June 4 miles
    6th June 4 fast miles with Leslie and another 4 walking outside.
    7th June 4 miles
    8th June 3 mile weight loss with Leslie and another 2 walking outside.
    9th June 0 sick
    10th June 4 miles
    11th June 5 miles
    12th June 6 miles
    13th June 6.25 miles

I intended to walk for 8 miles today but I got too dizzy. I'm having a blood transfusion next week so I should be able to walk a little further.

Alex the #25,000 story was enjoyable to read and, yet again, you have managed to come up with something that I know that I should do and yet seem to spend more time adding to my lists than crossing things off. I shall try to come up with a list of 6 tomorrow. Are you trying to do the same?
  • zichab
    zichab Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    Pinkypan1 & AnnofB-As one of the people who does not even speak until 10 AM and is married to a happy morning person-Bah Humbug! :yawn: However, where are all of you at 2 AM when the moon is beautiful!!!! :wink: That is when I am fill of perkiness and joy! :bigsmile:

June Goal: 60 Miles + 30DS
    June 1-Exercise TV-Start Walking at Home-1 Mile + Level 1 30DS=1 mile
    June 3-Burn 30-+ Level 1 30DS=1 mile
    June 4-WAP- Walk Slim-4 Fast Miles=4 miles=6 total
    June 5-WAH-Walk Slim-5 Really Big Miles=5 miles=11 total
    June 7-Endomondo Recorded-Mowed Lawn-1.5 miles=12.5 total
    WAH Burn Body Fat & Sculpt Your Arms 3miles+ Level 1 30DS=15.5 miles total
    June 8-Just Walk-4 Mile Power Walk-4 miles + Level 1 30DS=19.5 miles
    June 10-WAP-3 Fast Miles + Level 1 30DS=22.5 miles
    June 11-WAP-Walk Slim-4 Fast Miles=26.5 mil
    June 13=WAP-3 Mile Weight Loss Walk + Level 1 30DS
    Endomondo Recorded-Mowed Lawn 1.5 miles=31 total miles
  • Healthymom_5
    Healthymom_5 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    2 miles on the treadmill today
    19/40 done for the month
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    Friday:

2 miles: 2 mile intermediate walk: Walk the Walk DVD

20 minutes: very easy walking outdoors: walking the dog and cleaning up the neighborhood

Goal for June: 40 miles

So far: 11 Leslie/ or other walking DVD miles

So far: 170 outdoor minutes

I'm back again! But starting off a bit slower as I don't want to re injure myself.

:flowerforyou: