Leslie Sansone June 2014 Walk Challenge

Options

Replies

• lidenalex
    lidenalex Posts: 283
    Options
    "Ah, that is the secret of happiness", I replied.
    "Tell me about it", he urged.
    And so I did. And I will tell you as well, if you would like to hear.

Since nobody seems to want to hear about the secret of happiness we'll skip it.
  • zichab
    zichab Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    June Goal: 60 Miles + 30DS
    June 1-Exercise TV-Start Walking at Home-1 Mile + Level 1 30DS=1 mile
    June 3-Burn 30-+ Level 1 30DS=1 mile
    June 4-WAP- Walk Slim-4 Fast Miles=4 miles=6 total
    June 5-WAH-Walk Slim-5 Really Big Miles=5 miles=11 total
    June 7-Endomondo Recorded-Mowed Lawn-1.5 miles=12.5 total
    WAH Burn Body Fat & Sculpt Your Arms 3miles+ Level 1 30DS=15.5 miles total
  • lidenalex
    Options
    today: 9.5 miles.

Total to date: 52 miles.
  • startergal53
    startergal53 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I was with you PinkiPan- I did 4 at the park this morning!

23.5 to date
    (and the day is not over)
  • heavenlyb14
    heavenlyb14 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    1st June 4 miles
    2nd June 4.5 miles
    3rd June 4 miles
    4th June 4 miles
    5th June 4 miles
    6th June 4 fast miles with Leslie and another 4 walking outside.
    7th June 4 miles

Not as many as I wanted but never mind I'll try again tomorrow.

Alex, what was the secret to happiness according to that story?

Happy walking everyone; what a determined group we are this month :flowerforyou:
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    Saturday:

0 miles: taking about a week off of DVDs

60 minutes: easy walking outdoors

Goal for June: 40 miles

So far: 9 Leslie/ or other walking DVD miles

So far: 120 outdoor minutes

:flowerforyou:
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options

I must have been tired when I read it b/c I thought that was part of the story :noway:

Yes, please tell us according to the story what the story teller believes is the secret of happiness.

I wrote it that way b/c I'm sure all of us have our own belief what is the secret of happiness :smile: .
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Goal for June: 175 miles
    To date: 25 miles
    Left: 150 miles

This month I'm doing a combo of these throughout the month, got a new Leslie DVD!:

Leslie Sansone 5 Mile Fat Burner Walk
    Leslie Sansone 3 Mile Walk Away Your Waistline (my new one)
    Leslie Sansone 3 Mile Radio Remixes Walk to the Hits
    A mile walk to the library (1/2 mile each way)
    1-3 miles on the Treadmill at Gym
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    supplemama, I always like to read your goals each month. They are always amazing :drinker:

Thanks! I can't have caffeine because I have a wonky heart, so I rely on my walks to not only wake me up but give me energy throughout the day :drinker:
  • lidenalex
    Options
    I showed my wife how much I have exercised.

"Look here, last week I walked 52 miles. That's 2 marathons", I said proudly.

She looked at the figures in silence and said.

"This is typically you. You are behaving like a hare. 10 miles a day is not sustainable. Take it down to max 5 miles a day, or 3 miles a day. 3 miles a day is a turtle behavior, sustainable in the long run, and that is what you need. "

I know from experience that she is almost always right. So I will walk no less then 0.6 miles per day, but no more than 5 miles a day.
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    2 Mile Silver walk with Leslie
    This weeks total is 31 miles
  • lidenalex
    Options
    today: 6 miles
    total: 58 miles
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,588 Member
    Options

Lindenalix,

I 2nd Texasgardnr's request. Please tell us what you think is the secret to happiness. :smile:
  • lidenalex
    Options
    As you remember my friend used a lot of "it is sad" and "how awful" when describing his situation and how the society treated him. When he asked me to tell him the secret of happiness, I was glad, although I was unsure that he was ready for it.

Whoever has ears, let them hear.

“How can I be happy”?, one man once asked himself. “If I was rich then I would be happy”, he thought. So he worked like a dog, saved and invested his money and became very rich. But he still wasn’t happy. ”Money, doesn’t make a man happy”, he said.

“It’s must be knowledge “. So he studied hard and became a well known professor, but to no avail. “Happiness is not in wealth and knowledge”, he concluded.

"The true happiness is when you find God". So he became religious, prayed every day and lived according to the holy books. But this didn’t make him happy either.

“A man can’t be happy. It is impossible”, he confessed to his best friend. “Since everything is meaningless I see no alternative but to kill myself”.
    “Don’t do that”, his friend said. “I’ve heard of a wise guru in India, which has helped many people. Go and see him”.
    “Well, I have nothing to loose”, said the man.

So he took a plane to India, and then a train to the foot of the Himalayas. He then had to climb for several days until he came to the cave where the Guru dwelled. But there were many thousands of people already waiting, so he had to wait in line. After several months it was his turn. So he entered the cave and and saw the Guru sitting in the lotus position. He was gently smiling and birds were flying above his head. A ray of sun was falling on his serene face. “At last, I have come to the right place”, the man thought to himself.

He knelt in front of the guru, and bowed his head. The guru gave him a big smile and asked:
    “Do you have a question?”.
    “Yes, how does a man become happy?”, the man asked.
    “That’s very easy”, the guru replied. “Whatever happens to you, you just just say, "This I like!”.

The man was waiting for the guru to say something more, but when nothing more came, he jumped on his feet, red in face, his fists clenched. “No, no, it can’t be that easy. You're a fool, and idiot”, he cried.

“When you say it, with passion like that”, the guru said smilingly, “I must say, that I like it very much!”.

"But that is nonsense. If I brake a leg, should I just say that I like it very much. What nonsense is that. Braking a leg is not something good, it is something bad".

"What is good and what is bad, who are we to say", said the guru. "Let me tell you a true story, it's about a lady from your country. Her name is Laura Sinclair, at at the time she was 55 years old and morbidly obese. One day she broke her leg in three places. After operation, she was ordered to stay in bed for several months in order for her leg to heal. As she lay in bed she looked at breaking her leg as symbolic of breaking with her past life and beginning anew. After her leg healed, she started to exercise and eat healthy. She went from being morbidly obese, to obese, to overweight, to normal weight, and as she says 'presently, I am at a level of fitness and happiness that has exceeded my wildest dreams. The breaking of my leg was the single best thing that happened in my life'. We can't change what has happened, and we do not know if it will lead to good things or bad things. But we can choose to like it or dislike it. If you choose to like it, the happiness is yours. I have now sown a seed, and seeing you react so passionately as you did, means that you are ready to receive the teaching, and that I like very much."

The man thanked the guru for his words and returned to his home, confused and unconvinced. But he gurus words kept haunting him, and he slowly started to react differently to situations. When his neighbor once started to yell at him for no good reason, he told himself to like the situation. He calmly asked the neighbor what bothered him, and if he could help him in some way. It ended up with a great friendship. Another time on a vacation, he was given a room, facing a road with busy traffic. He went to the reception and asked for a change of the room, but unfortunately the hotel was full. He decided to like the situation, and accept the noisy sounds. He soon forgot the sounds and it they didn't bother him much. The next day the hotel manager, who had heard of his complaint, came and offered him one of the bungalows facing the sea. That vacation turned out to be the best in his life. Situation after situation turned out to be good and he experienced the life in its fullness. At last, he was happy.
  • zichab
    zichab Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    June Goal: 60 Miles + 30DS
    June 1-Exercise TV-Start Walking at Home-1 Mile + Level 1 30DS=1 mile
    June 3-Burn 30-+ Level 1 30DS=1 mile
    June 4-WAP- Walk Slim-4 Fast Miles=4 miles=6 total
    June 5-WAH-Walk Slim-5 Really Big Miles=5 miles=11 total
    June 7-Endomondo Recorded-Mowed Lawn-1.5 miles=12.5 total
    WAH Burn Body Fat & Sculpt Your Arms 3miles+ Level 1 30DS=15.5 miles total
    June 8-Just Walk-4 Mile Power Walk-4 miles + Level 1 30DS=19.5 miles
  • heavenlyb14
    Options
    1st June 4 miles
    2nd June 4.5 miles
    3rd June 4 miles
    4th June 4 miles
    5th June 4 miles
    6th June 4 fast miles with Leslie and another 4 walking outside.
    7th June 4 miles
    8th June 3 mile weight loss with Leslie and another 2 walking outside.

I enjoyed the three mile weight loss very much and have added it to my weekly schedule.

Happy walking everyone :flowerforyou:
  • heavenlyb14
    Options

Whoever has ears, let them hear.

Although this is a lesson that I have learnt, it is not yet a habit for me. Thank you for the timely reminder Alex.
  • bandit5125
    bandit5125 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Saturday 10 miles walking at camp with the dogs

no miles for Sunday as I hurt my knee Saturday so letting it rest

25 miles with Leslie to date.

17 miles outside to date

42 miles to date total

goal 125 miles

Happy walking!
  • startergal53
    startergal53 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    1 Fat Burn Mile/ 2 Mile Super Walk today.

Total 26.5

I am encouraged by the walkers here every day. Thanks again to each of you for checking in and sharing.

Today after church I kept it simple here and almost didn't bother with a walk with Leslie after spending the day puttering around the house I was content to read a book and relax. After logging in recording my food I checked in to see how everyone was doing and knew I needed to get with the program. :happy:

Get ready for a great week folks!
  • bandit5125
    bandit5125 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    5 advanced miles with Leslie today

30 miles with Leslie to date.

17 miles outside to date

47 miles to date total

goal 125 miles

Happy walking!