Share Your Sweets!

Options

Replies

• Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Can this count as a sweet?

20140930_224117_zps4f14c566.jpg

That's protein powder (chocolate coconut) in an old Talenti container (I am a goof and worry about protein when I have to eat out all the time, so I bring some extra protein with me!). Those Talenti containers are awesome little storage bins!

OK - if that won't count, then I stopped by a gourmet chocolatier on the island and picked up a few ounces of flavored dark chocolate -- coconut and nopal (cactus). Probably won't break into it until later this week or even back in the states.

20141001_155942_zps1a8f0be6.jpg

Finally -- I mentioned elsewhere that there was a 43rd level blackbelt in cupcakery somewhere on the island. This is a photo posted to their facebook page for October (*not* a photo I took).

ChaChasKitchenCupcakes_zps1297df48.jpg

Alas, the bakery is far away and I can't find the time to catch a cab and make my way out there, especially since their hours are sporadic and there's a good chance they'd either be closed, or sold out. But that's OK, since we clearly have a 44th level blackbelt in cupcakery in Acrylics! Well done, Amber, again!

Edit: Fixed image tag.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Cortelli I want the chocolate and those cupcakes look really good. Get in that cab and get over there.

I use the Talenti containers for all kinds of stuff. I think I may change the decor in my bathroom to Talenti
  • GiveMeCoffee
    Options
    The popcorn cupcakes-- for a Hollywood themed party.

This is my favorite for a marketing photo. The colors pop off the screen. Amber if you need any help let me know, marketing is what I did in my past life. It was marketing for pharma companies so this would be lots more interesting

I will totally take you up on that. I'm so lost. It's not something I enjoy. At all.

Amber just let me know what you need, after you get all your vacation and visitor stuff done
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

Alas, the bakery is far away and I can't find the time to catch a cab and make my way out there, especially since their hours are sporadic and there's a good chance they'd either be closed, or sold out. But that's OK, since we clearly have a 44th level blackbelt in cupcakery in Acrylics! Well done, Amber, again!

Those are really cool.

And thanks. :blushing: :blushing: :blushing:
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Can this count as a sweet?

20140930_224117_zps4f14c566.jpg

That's protein powder (chocolate coconut) in an old Talenti container (I am a goof and worry about protein when I have to eat out all the time, so I bring some extra protein with me!). Those Talenti containers are awesome little storage bins!

OK - if that won't count, then I stopped by a gourmet chocolatier on the island and picked up a few ounces of flavored dark chocolate -- coconut and nopal (cactus). Probably won't break into it until later this week or even back in the states.

20141001_155942_zps1a8f0be6.jpg

Finally -- I mentioned elsewhere that there was a 43rd level blackbelt in cupcakery somewhere on the island. This is a photo posted to their facebook page for October (*not* a photo I took).

Those talenti containers have become the perfect catchalls for the "treasures" that my boys bring home. They hold rocks, pine cones, locust shells, bird feathers, and lord only knows what else in our house. Husband uses them for loose screws. Next we will put all our extra lego pieces in them.

Those cupcakes are fantastic. Are they like Dio de los Muertes themed (FYI - that's my birthday - Day of the Dead - awesome).

Who knew there was such a thing as a cupcake black belt... I agree, get your butt in a cab and get over there so you can report back to us. Take some cervezas for the ride....
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Last bit of Mexico from last night - Mexican Peanut Bar. Airport treat while waiting for my flight. Just about the most calorie-dense food I think I've seen -- the listed ingredients are: peanuts, corn syrup, sugar, preservative. So syrupy sweet (but crunchy) I felt the need to brush my teeth afterwards. Went great with Dos Equis, though!

MexicanPeanutCandy_zps8dbcceb7.jpg
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Yipee!!!! They're back. I only picked up 4 boxes and not the 25 I got last October.

HYxHWAU.jpg?1

My kids got tired of them after 2 boxes :laugh:
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    Yipee!!!! They're back. I only picked up 4 boxes and not the 25 I got last October.

HYxHWAU.jpg?1

Last fall between myself and Dora we destroyed every box. But yeah, I remember we had 2 left and it had gotten boring. 2 months straight eating it. I needed the break and now I want to race home to eat some. However, people keep calling 911. What the hell.

25 boxes??? Holy cow, you're like Magerum with his Pop Tarts and Ben & Jerry's pumpkin cheesecake ice cream! :bigsmile:

I love Cortelli's pictures. I think I'm going to start using a Talenti container to hold some protein powder at work. Why haven't I thought of that?

This is a pumpkin chocolate brioche from Old World Bread Co. in DE. I got it at the Milton farmer's market on Friday. I thought of Francl as I was eating it. I'm pretty sure she was the one who was talking about getting them in France. Either way, here's my picture. My dad was laughing at me for taking it. The baker was talking about how he has to bake breads that go to the farmer's market a little longer, otherwise they basically fall apart and turn to sand sitting in the outside air.

3c3ae4f2-e3cf-49e6-b45c-f07bb01173b6_zps270ebc4c.jpg
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options

HYxHWAU.jpg?1

Last fall between myself and Dora we destroyed every box. But yeah, I remember we had 2 left and it had gotten boring. 2 months straight eating it. I needed the break and now I want to race home to eat some. However, people keep calling 911. What the hell.

25 boxes??? Holy cow, you're like Magerum with his Pop Tarts and Ben & Jerry's pumpkin cheesecake ice cream! :bigsmile:

I love Cortelli's pictures. I think I'm going to start using a Talenti container to hold some protein powder at work. Why haven't I thought of that?

This is a pumpkin chocolate brioche from Old World Bread Co. in DE. I got it at the Milton farmer's market on Friday. I thought of Francl as I was eating it. I'm pretty sure she was the one who was talking about getting them in France. Either way, here's my picture. My dad was laughing at me for taking it. The baker was talking about how he has to bake breads that go to the farmer's market a little longer, otherwise they basically fall apart and turn to sand sitting in the outside air.

3c3ae4f2-e3cf-49e6-b45c-f07bb01173b6_zps270ebc4c.jpg

Oh gosh this looks divine.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options

HYxHWAU.jpg?1

No Boo Berry?

Finally found the damn Pumpkin Spice Oreos.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options

HYxHWAU.jpg?1

No Boo Berry?

I still need to find those Oreos!
  • dunnodunno
    Options

HYxHWAU.jpg?1

No Boo Berry?

I found mine in the seasonal candy aisle at Wal-Mart.

Now I need to be on the lookout for the Talenti Pumpkin Pie Gelato.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options

HYxHWAU.jpg?1

No Boo Berry?

Oooooh! Me too! I'll check Wal Mart. Thanks. :bigsmile:
  • dunnodunno
    Options

HYxHWAU.jpg?1

No Boo Berry?

Oooooh! Me too! I'll check Wal Mart. Thanks. :bigsmile:

Went yesterday to Giant before work all excited that I'd find the Talenti & of course they don't have it. I doubt Weis will have it either since they usually don't get the Talenti special flavors.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Went to one of my favorite restaurants for belated anniversary dinner the other night.
    The best part of this particular meal was dessert... Cinnamon sugar doughnut holes with maple bacon whipped cream. Two complimentary glasses of champagne as well.

0f046c6d-99d9-4b69-96bf-b7022eb4d114_zpsc3a0a994.jpg

Husband isn't crazy about bacon, especially in dessert, so I got ALL the bacon! Oh and he can't drink anymore, so I also got ALL the champagne!
  • GiveMeCoffee
    Options
    Oh that looks good! Bacon and champagne YUM!!! Happy Belated Anniversary!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    My birthday ice cream cake. It wasn't awesome but it was pretty good. The best part was the cookie on top.