Share Your Sweets!

Options

Replies

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Yea that girl and her mom are funny. They bring sweets all the time. She's like 5 feet tall and 96 lbs and I think sometimes she eats vicariously through me since her regimen is so strict at times.

I wish I had more people to pawn my baked goods off on. Today I was on the hunt for the perfect basic vanilla cake recipe. I made 5 cakes. I could only find two families of people to help me eat them, so now I have a lot of cake.

And only one of them was good enough.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Yea that girl and her mom are funny. They bring sweets all the time. She's like 5 feet tall and 96 lbs and I think sometimes she eats vicariously through me since her regimen is so strict at times.

I wish I had more people to pawn my baked goods off on. Today I was on the hunt for the perfect basic vanilla cake recipe. I made 5 cakes. I could only find two families of people to help me eat them, so now I have a lot of cake.

And only one of them was good enough.

Try a local Ronald McDonald House to donate the remainder.
  • WinoGelato
    Options
    So one of my favorite clients came back to the gym as she is preparing for regionals (figure skating), our 2nd session of the week and they came in with this for me. 4 of them but I gave away 3. They were awesome.

A brownie that looked like a cupcake due to all the layers. 7 layers to be exact.

Brownie
    Graham cracker
    Cookie butter
    Oreo
    Peanut Butter
    Oreo
    Brownie

IGeRtg7.jpg

e01ofAC.jpg

Shut. Up. It doesn't look like much from the outside but man those layers are beautiful...
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    Okay question-- do we want a separate thread for our Fall Feast challenge, or do you guys want to just post in this one? I'm thinking we could do the month of October at least, and then we can add November if ya'll want to.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    Okay question-- do we want a separate thread for our Fall Feast challenge, or do you guys want to just post in this one? I'm thinking we could do the month of October at least, and then we can add November if ya'll want to.
    I was actually think about a question like that a few days ago. I would definitely do a different thread since it's more off a general anything goes feast, but I was questioning if it was going to be here in our group or out in the nutrition forum again. What do you think?

I'm fine with it being in gen-pop and more people would find it-- but more people would find it, ya know? So we wouldn't really be able to toss hecklers like we can in here. I don't really mind them and am fine either way so whatever you guys think.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    I was actually think about a question like that a few days ago. I would definitely do a different thread since it's more off a general anything goes feast, but I was questioning if it was going to be here in our group or out in the nutrition forum again. What do you think?

I'm fine with it being in gen-pop and more people would find it-- but more people would find it, ya know? So we wouldn't really be able to toss hecklers like we can in here. I don't really mind them and am fine either way so whatever you guys think.

What if you do a new thread in here, and in the nutrition forum post a link to the group thread like you did when you started this group. We can bump the gen pop thread, but you still have the mod power in here.

If that didn't make sense it's due to lack of caffeine and ice cream
  • GiveMeCoffee
    Options
    Monkey bread I made yesterday

vy9pnq.jpg
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options

What if you do a new thread in here, and in the nutrition forum post a link to the group thread like you did when you started this group. We can bump the gen pop thread, but you still have the mod power in here.

I like it.

I'm going to have to give pumpkin treats a try. It's not a flavor I go for. Time to expand my pallet.

I'm not a huge fan either. I've got a pumpkin scones recipe that I like pretty well. And that's about it.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options

I like it.

I'm going to have to give pumpkin treats a try. It's not a flavor I go for. Time to expand my pallet.

I'm not a huge fan either. I've got a pumpkin scones recipe that I like pretty well. And that's about it.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQUup6Q2-E_J6yzMHRJHbiZoN_MZ2V-ZIe4rbKjMcgtI1PVEVa8ew

:laugh: :flowerforyou:
  • WinoGelato
    Options

I like it.

I never used to like pumpkin anything. A few years ago, someone made me pumpkin bread, and I was like, "hey this is pretty damn good". Then I tried a pumpkin latte. Then pumpkin beer. It's all been downhill from there.... Ironically, I still don't like pumpkin pie...
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    So one of my favorite clients came back to the gym as she is preparing for regionals (figure skating), our 2nd session of the week and they came in with this for me. 4 of them but I gave away 3. They were awesome.

A brownie that looked like a cupcake due to all the layers. 7 layers to be exact.

Brownie
    Graham cracker
    Cookie butter
    Oreo
    Peanut Butter
    Oreo
    Brownie

IGeRtg7.jpg

e01ofAC.jpg

Shut. Up. It doesn't look like much from the outside but man those layers are beautiful...

Mmmhmmmm! My son came home with brownies that had Oreos in the middle. They were freaking amazing, so I can only imagine this brings it up to 11.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options

Brownie
    Graham cracker
    Cookie butter
    Oreo
    Peanut Butter
    Oreo
    Brownie

Mmmhmmmm! My son came home with brownies that had Oreos in the middle. They were freaking amazing, so I can only imagine this brings it up to 11.
    It seriously was. Soon she'll bring me several boxes of Count Chocula since she told me they are back for the season.

She will be missed when she goes to Nationals and maybe, hopefully, the Olympics. Unless she takes me with her lol. I should look into being certified for that.

NY only has Count Chocula seasonally? I'm pretty sure we have it all the time, at least the Count Chocula. I just bought a box of that and Boo Berry yesterday, because it was on sale. I hope she makes the Olympics, that would be cool!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    My kids are on their third box of Count Chocula but I'm not buying more. I haven't tried it. We only get it in September and October in NJ too.

That cupcake looks totally divine.

And about pumpkin - I'm odd. I love it for a couple weeks, then I'm totally over it until the next year.

I probably won't join another challenge though, I've been really hungry lately and I end up going over most days when I have sweets, so I try and skip them when I can, especially as moderation has been more difficult :sad:
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    I think I fainted.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    Options
    I want that cake, Dora's looked good but your cake ... time to wipe the drool