Share Your Sweets!

Options

Replies

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Went with my sister for lunch at a little cafe that has an awesome bakery. We split a coconut macaroon cookie, and a brownie salted caramel cookie (left). That was amazing. The cookies had the texture of brownies, but with a salted caramel frosting in between them.

5f8e98cc-d00f-48fc-9f19-05841c06cbc8_zps65f36367.jpg

Mmmmmmm, that cookie on the left. Looks so good.

It was... I wish there was a way to do more justice to some of these baked goods with my crappy camera phone photo skills...

Also, is it getting to be about time for a new challenge? We have to have something in October, right? 31 Day Halloween Candy challenge? Or maybe in November, so I can just eat up all the candy my kids get for Halloween....
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Also, is it getting to be about time for a new challenge? We have to have something in October, right? 31 Day Halloween Candy challenge? Or maybe in November, so I can just eat up all the candy my kids get for Halloween....

One daughter has a peanut allergy. None of my kids are big fans of coconut (I am). November is *my* month for Almond Joys, Snickers, Peanut M&Ms, etc. My wife and I have almost as much fun as the kids sorting through their hauls on the living room floor late on Halloween night . . . "Ohhh, this one has peanuts; we'll just move that over to the parents' pile . . . another Mounds, hunhh? Let's just slide that one over" TeeHee! :drinker:
  • WinoGelato
    Options
    Went with my sister for lunch at a little cafe that has an awesome bakery. We split a coconut macaroon cookie, and a brownie salted caramel cookie (left). That was amazing. The cookies had the texture of brownies, but with a salted caramel frosting in between them.

It was... I wish there was a way to do more justice to some of these baked goods with my crappy camera phone photo skills...

I would definitely be up for a new challenge. I basically started my bulk this month without planning to. So I'm in. We need ideas, feedback people.

How about another sort of open ended challenge. We could call it the Fall Feeding Frenzy. That way it isn't limited to just candy, because honestly I can't do candy every day, I'd much rather leave room for baked goods and ice cream in there too. Plus, there's even the option to do things like Pumpkin Beer or Cider or something like that with a more open ended theme... Lord knows I love me some pumpkin beer...
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

I would definitely be up for a new challenge. I basically started my bulk this month without planning to. So I'm in. We need ideas, feedback people.

I like the idea of a candy challenge.

Although. I just started a baking business (somewhat inadvertently) so I'm going to be doing a lot of new cupcake recipes. I might have to try to fit in some extra walking or something.
  • WinoGelato
    Options

I like the idea of a candy challenge.

Although. I just started a baking business (somewhat inadvertently) so I'm going to be doing a lot of new cupcake recipes. I might have to try to fit in some extra walking or something.

Uh, new business? Why is this the first I'm hearing of this? You gonna have mail order with this baking business?
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options

Uh, new business? Why is this the first I'm hearing of this? You gonna have mail order with this baking business?

Well I'm just in the exploration phase. I got hired to do cupcakes for a couple of events. We'll see how it goes. But I'm going to need to perfect some recipes.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options

Well I'm just in the exploration phase. I got hired to do cupcakes for a couple of events. We'll see how it goes. But I'm going to need to perfect some recipes.
    Where do I sign up to be the taste testing guinea pig?

I need taste testing guinea pigs. Totally srs. The people in my life are all either a.) dieting, b.) think sugar is poison, or c.) don't like sweets. It's depressing really.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options

I need taste testing guinea pigs. Totally srs. The people in my life are all either a.) dieting, b.) think sugar is poison, or c.) don't like sweets. It's depressing really.
    I will literally pay for the shipping charges. Dead srs.

Anyone that knows me know I'm not opposed to spending money on food, more than the normal person. Pffff, I spent 30 on cupcakes this Saturday and have had pizza from Chicago shipped to me.

Come at me Amber. I promise to share with Dora. Semi srs.

I might take you up on that. :laugh: :flowerforyou:
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options

Oh YUM.
  • WinoGelato
    Options

Um, why are these people in your life? That sounds like the saddest group of friends ever.

you-can-t-be-sad-if-you-are-holding-a-cupcake-1.png
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options

Um, why are these people in your life? That sounds like the saddest group of friends ever.

you-can-t-be-sad-if-you-are-holding-a-cupcake-1.png

:laugh:

I tell my friend who doesn't like sweets that it makes her a bad person all the time.

I may not be a very good friend. :embarassed:

:laugh:
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    Did you lick that bowl after you took the picture? Not saying I would have, but of course I would!
    Pick the bowl no. The bowl was shaped weird. I did use my finger to clean up the crumbs the proceed to suck on my finger for 5 minutes.

That works! :bigsmile:
  • alereck
    alereck Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Kirkland Signature Assorted Belgian Chocolate Cookies, orgasm!!!!!!!