Share Your Sweets!

Options

Replies

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I made cinnamon pull-apart bread:

22e5840b-ebfa-43e0-8dc1-695ae29eae95_zpscdd4325b.jpg

I'm a little disappointed in it to be honest. It's good, don't get me wrong, but it's lacking . . . oomph. I think I would rather have just had cinnamon rolls. But it's very pretty, don't you think?
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    Amber, that looks delicious! I'm also in for shipping cupcakes. I wanna taste your cupcakes. :wink:
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    Amber, that looks delicious! I'm also in for shipping cupcakes. I wanna taste your cupcakes. :wink:
    Hey now!!! Lol.

I've never heard of pull apart bread.

It's kind of like cinnamon rolls except after you roll the dough out flat and brush it with butter and sprinkle with cinnamon/sugar you cut it into small squares, stack them all up and layer them sideways in the loaf pan. It creates a loaf of bread that you can peel layers off of to eat.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Hey now!!! Lol.

It's kind of like cinnamon rolls except after you roll the dough out flat and brush it with butter and sprinkle with cinnamon/sugar you cut it into small squares, stack them all up and layer them sideways in the loaf pan. It creates a loaf of bread that you can peel layers off of to eat.

Do you ever make monkey bread? I think what makes that different than what you showed here is the brown sugar/butter sauce that you pour over it before you bake it. It's also the best part of the monkey bread, just like the best part of cinnamon rolls is the icing...
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    Hey now!!! Lol.

Do you ever make monkey bread? I think what makes that different than what you showed here is the brown sugar/butter sauce that you pour over it before you bake it. It's also the best part of the monkey bread, just like the best part of cinnamon rolls is the icing...

I haven't made monkey bread but I do like it.

This needed something like that. Either a glaze or icing or something.
  • WinoGelato
    Options
    Hey now!!! Lol.

I haven't made monkey bread but I do like it.

This needed something like that. Either a glaze or icing or something.

I'm just going to leave this here...
    7c411900-cbfd-450d-815a-abff57a246bd.jpg

http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/gooey-caramel-monkey-bread/cf9f26f3-7b57-4fba-b89b-c6064d0c07fc
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options
    ^^^ well, that was just MEAN! :tongue:
  • WinoGelato
    Options
    ^^^ well, that was just MEAN! :tongue:

It's Friday. I thought we could use some sabotage....
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Amber I'm signing up for taste testing. Where do I send money????

I'm going to be making monkey bread this weekend.

Also in for any candy, cookie, eating challenges (and I used to wonder why i got fat) lol
  • WinoGelato
    Options
    A girl at work had her gender determining ultrasound yesterday - pink cupcakes for everyone! Ironically, this looks almost exactly like the one I posted yesterday, "You can't be sad if you are holding a cupcake".

a01a6de0-7b35-48ee-8918-3c22381d6f11_zpsb56b7e14.jpg
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    That's a pretty cupcake :love:
  • WinoGelato
    Options

Can you tell I had been swiping the icing with my finger and licking it off while the pregnant momma was regaling us with her story about the ultrasound and the reaction from her family and what names they were considering and blah blah blah... "I JUST WANT TO EAT THIS CUPCAKE AT MY DESK STOP TALKING!!!" (internal monologue)
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options

Can you tell I had been swiping the icing with my finger and licking it off while the pregnant momma was regaling us with her story about the ultrasound and the reaction from her family and what names they were considering and blah blah blah... "I JUST WANT TO EAT THIS CUPCAKE AT MY DESK STOP TALKING!!!" (internal monologue)

:laugh:
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    I got a couple more of those Hammond candy bars to try. The S'more one was really good-- I wasn't feeling well that week so I didnt take any pictures of it. It was chocolate with little bits of marshmallow and graham cracker in it. I just wished that the chunks were bigger. They were about the size of rice.

So I went back to Michaels (which is where I got that one) and they had more-- there was a PBJ one, Red Velvet, and Chocolate Malt (I hope that all the chocolate malt stuff means that's going to be a new trend). I didn't get the PBJ. I had the Trader Joe's version awhile back and I thought it was too many flavors. I like things simpler than that. But I did get the Red Velvet and the Chocolate Malt.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options

:laugh:

I second the :laugh:!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options
    I tried 3 new ice creams today. Mercer's chocolate cabernet - at first I thought I was tasting bad cheese, but then I was able to get the chocolate and wine. It was a weird sensation, eating ice cream that gave you that warm fuzzy feeling of wine (5% alcohol), but it was good. I'll have to have more than a spoonful before I know if I'd get it again. Wegman's Under the Boardwalk - that one is delicious, 10/10 would bang again. I had a half serving of that one to make sure I got a chocolate caramel truffle. Still doesn't beat Talenti, but close! Turkey Hill's banana with peanut butter - lots of peanut butter swirl in there. It's a seasonal in their natural selection. I would buy it again if they brought it back.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    So one of my favorite clients came back to the gym as she is preparing for regionals (figure skating), our 2nd session of the week and they came in with this for me. 4 of them but I gave away 3. They were awesome.

A brownie that looked like a cupcake due to all the layers. 7 layers to be exact.

Brownie
    Graham cracker
    Cookie butter
    Oreo
    Peanut Butter
    Oreo
    Brownie

IGeRtg7.jpg

e01ofAC.jpg

Holy cow.