Share Your Sweets!

Replies

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member

Uh, new business? Why is this the first I'm hearing of this? You gonna have mail order with this baking business?

Well I'm just in the exploration phase. I got hired to do cupcakes for a couple of events. We'll see how it goes. But I'm going to need to perfect some recipes.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics

Uh, new business? Why is this the first I'm hearing of this? You gonna have mail order with this baking business?

Well I'm just in the exploration phase. I got hired to do cupcakes for a couple of events. We'll see how it goes. But I'm going to need to perfect some recipes.
    Where do I sign up to be the taste testing guinea pig?

I need taste testing guinea pigs. Totally srs. The people in my life are all either a.) dieting, b.) think sugar is poison, or c.) don't like sweets. It's depressing really.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics

I need taste testing guinea pigs. Totally srs. The people in my life are all either a.) dieting, b.) think sugar is poison, or c.) don't like sweets. It's depressing really.
    I will literally pay for the shipping charges. Dead srs.

Anyone that knows me know I'm not opposed to spending money on food, more than the normal person. Pffff, I spent 30 on cupcakes this Saturday and have had pizza from Chicago shipped to me.

Come at me Amber. I promise to share with Dora. Semi srs.

I might take you up on that. :laugh: :flowerforyou:
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Went with my sister for lunch at a little cafe that has an awesome bakery. We split a coconut macaroon cookie, and a brownie salted caramel cookie (left). That was amazing. The cookies had the texture of brownies, but with a salted caramel frosting in between them.

5f8e98cc-d00f-48fc-9f19-05841c06cbc8_zps65f36367.jpg

Oh YUM.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member

Um, why are these people in your life? That sounds like the saddest group of friends ever.

you-can-t-be-sad-if-you-are-holding-a-cupcake-1.png
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics

Um, why are these people in your life? That sounds like the saddest group of friends ever.

you-can-t-be-sad-if-you-are-holding-a-cupcake-1.png

:laugh:

I tell my friend who doesn't like sweets that it makes her a bad person all the time.

I may not be a very good friend. :embarassed:

:laugh:
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Did you lick that bowl after you took the picture? Not saying I would have, but of course I would!
    Pick the bowl no. The bowl was shaped weird. I did use my finger to clean up the crumbs the proceed to suck on my finger for 5 minutes.

That works! :bigsmile:
  • alereck
    alereck Posts: 343 Member
    Kirkland Signature Assorted Belgian Chocolate Cookies, orgasm!!!!!!!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Yesterday I made cinnamon pull-apart bread:

22e5840b-ebfa-43e0-8dc1-695ae29eae95_zpscdd4325b.jpg

I'm a little disappointed in it to be honest. It's good, don't get me wrong, but it's lacking . . . oomph. I think I would rather have just had cinnamon rolls. But it's very pretty, don't you think?
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Amber, that looks delicious! I'm also in for shipping cupcakes. I wanna taste your cupcakes. :wink:
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Amber, that looks delicious! I'm also in for shipping cupcakes. I wanna taste your cupcakes. :wink:
    Hey now!!! Lol.

I've never heard of pull apart bread.

It's kind of like cinnamon rolls except after you roll the dough out flat and brush it with butter and sprinkle with cinnamon/sugar you cut it into small squares, stack them all up and layer them sideways in the loaf pan. It creates a loaf of bread that you can peel layers off of to eat.
  • WinoGelato
    Hey now!!! Lol.

It's kind of like cinnamon rolls except after you roll the dough out flat and brush it with butter and sprinkle with cinnamon/sugar you cut it into small squares, stack them all up and layer them sideways in the loaf pan. It creates a loaf of bread that you can peel layers off of to eat.

Do you ever make monkey bread? I think what makes that different than what you showed here is the brown sugar/butter sauce that you pour over it before you bake it. It's also the best part of the monkey bread, just like the best part of cinnamon rolls is the icing...
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Hey now!!! Lol.

Do you ever make monkey bread? I think what makes that different than what you showed here is the brown sugar/butter sauce that you pour over it before you bake it. It's also the best part of the monkey bread, just like the best part of cinnamon rolls is the icing...

I haven't made monkey bread but I do like it.

This needed something like that. Either a glaze or icing or something.
  • WinoGelato
    Hey now!!! Lol.

I haven't made monkey bread but I do like it.

This needed something like that. Either a glaze or icing or something.

I'm just going to leave this here...
    7c411900-cbfd-450d-815a-abff57a246bd.jpg

http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/gooey-caramel-monkey-bread/cf9f26f3-7b57-4fba-b89b-c6064d0c07fc
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    ^^^ well, that was just MEAN! :tongue:
  • WinoGelato
    ^^^ well, that was just MEAN! :tongue:

It's Friday. I thought we could use some sabotage....
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Amber I'm signing up for taste testing. Where do I send money????

I'm going to be making monkey bread this weekend.

Also in for any candy, cookie, eating challenges (and I used to wonder why i got fat) lol
  • WinoGelato
    A girl at work had her gender determining ultrasound yesterday - pink cupcakes for everyone! Ironically, this looks almost exactly like the one I posted yesterday, "You can't be sad if you are holding a cupcake".

a01a6de0-7b35-48ee-8918-3c22381d6f11_zpsb56b7e14.jpg
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    That's a pretty cupcake :love:
  • WinoGelato
    That's a pretty cupcake :love:

Can you tell I had been swiping the icing with my finger and licking it off while the pregnant momma was regaling us with her story about the ultrasound and the reaction from her family and what names they were considering and blah blah blah... "I JUST WANT TO EAT THIS CUPCAKE AT MY DESK STOP TALKING!!!" (internal monologue)