Share Your Sweets!

Options

Replies

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Couple of recent pics:

Greek Yogurt Blueberry Funfetti Pancakes that the kids and I made for husband's birthday. They were really yummy.

f6e88f06-6a98-4752-9f4e-14093363d3e0_zpsfa56c953.jpg

Blackberry Pie and Soft Serve Vanilla Ice Cream at a seafood restaurant we went to for his birthday dinner.

224af29a-4180-4c7b-90bc-839e5332c913_zps6596ed27.jpg
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Ooo that pie looks good. I've been meaning to try a berry crostata. I've got the recipe I just keep having to bake other things.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    All your pictures are making me hungry. Even the frozen Hot Tamales! Oh, I finally bought Speculoos cookie butter ice cream at Trader Joe's. Definitely worth buying! The cashier said it was the best ice cream they carry, in his opinion.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    I bought a baklava sampler because I've never had it before. I considered making some, but the problem with making things you've never tried is you never know if it turned out right. :laugh:

37475a8f-eac3-41d7-9930-5e37b150400d_zps07e2afc6.jpg
  • Gidzmo
    Gidzmo Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Allowed myself cake and ice cream......and a truffle.....and a LARGE chai creme frappucinio....and a caramel apple. All for my birthday.

I'd post pix, but I am not familiar with doing that here. It's not copy and paste (like elsewhere).
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    Allowed myself cake and ice cream......and a truffle.....and a LARGE chai creme frappucinio....and a caramel apple. All for my birthday.

I'd post pix, but I am not familiar with doing that here. It's not copy and paste (like elsewhere).

You have to upload the photos to a hosting site like photobucket or imgur. Make sure the file name doesn't have any spaces (don't put it in a folder called Mobile Uploads). Then put the code in like this:

[ img ] www.pic.jpg [ / img ]

Except no spaces.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options
    I bought a baklava sampler because I've never had it before. I considered making some, but the problem with making things you've never tried is you never know if it turned out right. :laugh:

37475a8f-eac3-41d7-9930-5e37b150400d_zps07e2afc6.jpg

Yummmmm!!!
  • WinoGelato
    Options
    We had book club last night, we had read an awesome book called Defending Jacob about a teenager on trial for murder (if anyone is interested in book recommendations). Anyway, the hostess had a themed dinner, which was hilarious because I felt like it could have been the subject of many, many MFP threads about Clean Eating vs "Junk" food. Her theme was "Guilty or Innocent" .

Appetizers - cheese board, salami, crackers and hummus with veggies
    Dinner - Beer can chicken, cheesy potatoes, kale and quinoa salad
    Dessert - Devils food cake with caramel gelato and homemade hot fudge sauce or angel food cake with berries and cool whip.
    Lots and lots of wine.

The picture doesn't really do the dessert justice - it was great. I had all of it - guilty AND innocent!

ad9d81a6-cb38-42a4-ae2d-bcbc392b4d3d_zpsed25c86f.jpg
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    We had book club last night, we had read an awesome book called Defending Jacob about a teenager on trial for murder (if anyone is interested in book recommendations). Anyway, the hostess had a themed dinner, which was hilarious because I felt like it could have been the subject of many, many MFP threads about Clean Eating vs "Junk" food. Her theme was "Guilty or Innocent" .

Dessert - Devils food cake with caramel gelato and homemade hot fudge sauce or angel food cake with berries and cool whip.
    Lots and lots of wine.

The picture doesn't really do the dessert justice - it was great. I had all of it - guilty AND innocent!

I'd have had some of everything too!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options

Lots and lots of wine.

I'd have had some of everything too!

Second that!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Thirded. YUM.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    5b7f75bf-1149-4f59-925e-652638e836a7_zpsbf02a6ff.jpg

Berry Crostata

Crust (courtesy of Sjohnny):

150 grams all purpose flour
    1 stick unsalted butter
    4 grams sugar
    1/2 tsp salt
    about 1/4 cup ice water

Mix flour, sugar, and salt in a large bowl. Cut in butter. John said he uses the food processor, but I prefer to freeze the butter and then grate it. I learned the trick when I learned to make scones and I use it all the time now. Slowly add ice water until dough comes together. Roll out dough into a 9 inch circle.

Filling:
    200 grams blackberries
    100 grams blueberries
    72 grams sugar
    11 grams all purpose flour
    1/2 tsp vanilla
    juice of 1/2 orange

Topping:
    7 grams unsalted butter
    1 egg, beaten
    6 grams sugar

Mix filling ingredients and pile on top of dough. Cut remaining butter into small squares and place on top of filling. Fold dough over. Brush with beaten egg and sprinkle with remaining sugar.

Bake at 425 for 20-25 minutes.
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Neighborhood block party today! And who am I kidding - I am not really a baker. So I went the easy route and went for store-bought. A lemon raspberry bundt cake from Nothin' Bundt Cakes:

20140830_142326_zps1231e15d.jpg
  • Cortelli
    Options

Berry Crostata

Yum! Love berries!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options

Berry Crostata

Crust (courtesy of Sjohnny):

150 grams all purpose flour
    1 stick unsalted butter
    4 grams sugar
    1/2 tsp salt
    about 1/4 cup ice water

Mix flour, sugar, and salt in a large bowl. Cut in butter. John said he uses the food processor, but I prefer to freeze the butter and then grate it. I learned the trick when I learned to make scones and I use it all the time now. Slowly add ice water until dough comes together. Roll out dough into a 9 inch circle.

Filling:
    200 grams blackberries
    100 grams blueberries
    72 grams sugar
    11 grams all purpose flour
    1/2 tsp vanilla
    juice of 1/2 orange

Topping:
    7 grams unsalted butter
    1 egg, beaten
    6 grams sugar

Mix filling ingredients and pile on top of dough. Cut remaining butter into small squares and place on top of filling. Fold dough over. Brush with beaten egg and sprinkle with remaining sugar.

Bake at 425 for 20-25 minutes.

Oh YUM. Thanks for the tip with the butter, I like it!
  • Cortelli
    Options
    A little post-cardio carb replenishment. One square of Lindt Dark Chocolate with a touch of sea salt and a Guinness. Yummy.

GuinnessandLindt2_zps8405a2ff.jpg
  • WinoGelato
    Options
    A little post-cardio carb replenishment. One square of Lindt Dark Chocolate with a touch of sea salt and a Guinness. Yummy.

GuinnessandLindt2_zps8405a2ff.jpg

Replace the Guinness with a Malbec and you have my perfect dessert. In fact I think I will go pour a glass right now! No dark chocolate in the house though. :(
  • Cortelli
    Options
    Replace the Guinness with a Malbec and you have my perfect dessert. In fact I think I will go pour a glass right now! No dark chocolate in the house though. :(

I have half a case of an Argentinian Malbec port sitting a few feet away from me. But a port didn't feel right in sweaty workout clothes in the middle of the day!
  • WinoGelato
    Options
    Went to dinner at a local winery Saturday night with some girlfriends. Dessert was a chocolate brownie with red wine chocolate sauce, vanilla custard, and they called it chocolate ganache on top, but it wasn't ganache. It was more like a chocolate streusel...
    Really tasty though!

4c0bf0bf-f5f8-434c-958e-4864affc1a4d_zps98ba767b.jpg
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options
    ^^^ nice presentation!