Share Your Savory Treats

Options

Replies

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Yum. I just had pizza (again. I'm sensing a pattern) but now I want all the other food in this thread too.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Friday night on our camping trip made pizzas over the grate on the open fire. Sacrificed 1.5 of them to charred crusts before finally getting it right on this Margherita pizza. The smoke really gave it great flavor though.

b8166957-c36b-400d-91c4-2a825858077f_zps061574f0.jpg

Last night I made Red Curry Coconut Peanut Chicken over basmati rice. I'm really proud of this one, because my kids actually ate it.

be1a5ee0-9cf8-4c48-936e-90d14b247e1e_zps95c44d69.jpg
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow's breakfast... first attempt at a Quiche Lorraine, from scratch.

DSC_1790_zpscc492ac5.jpg
  • WinoGelato
    Options
    I went across town to one of the best pizza places in the city get this on Saturday:
    20140823_210945_zps898ad86d.jpg

White pizza with fingerling potatoes, pancetta, parmesan cheese, and herbs. It is magical. I never thought I'd be in love with a pizza that doesn't have pepperoni or tomato sauce, but I am.

Edit: of course the pic is giant. Oh well, resizing it is too much of a hassle on a mobile..click to view in a new tab if you want to see the whole thing :)

That looks so good, and I totally agree about switching from pepperoni with tomato sauce to some more eclectic pizzas... a friend of mine made a potato pizza one time and it was delicious! I've also made a mexican chicken pizza with white beans and garlic kind of mashed up and drizzled with chili oil, then chicken, monterey jack cheese, jalapenos and cilantro on it. SO GOOD!!!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    I went across town to one of the best pizza places in the city get this on Saturday:
    20140823_210945_zps898ad86d.jpg

White pizza with fingerling potatoes, pancetta, parmesan cheese, and herbs. It is magical. I never thought I'd be in love with a pizza that doesn't have pepperoni or tomato sauce, but I am.

Edit: of course the pic is giant. Oh well, resizing it is too much of a hassle on a mobile..click to view in a new tab if you want to see the whole thing :)

I'm a major pizza traditionalist but that does look delicious.
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I posted a post-workout recovery snack in the "Sweets" thread and it's time for the same in the Savory thread.

Almost two ounces of leftover new york strip, served cold and drizzled with fig & balsamic vinegar marinade; a bit of Boursin garlic & herb soft cheese; a few olive & fig crisps from Trader Joe's for the cheese; and a nice Guinness to accompany it. Nothing too fancy but very yummy and a nice filling snack after a long cardio session (I do *not* like cardio but it is sometimes a necessary evil). 371 cals with a nice 19c 12f 19p breakdown.

SavoryTreat_zps144cba5f.jpg
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    That looks amazing.
  • WinoGelato
    Options
    I posted a post-workout recovery snack in the "Sweets" thread and it's time for the same in the Savory thread.

Almost two ounces of leftover new york strip, served cold and drizzled with fig & balsamic vinegar marinade; a bit of Boursin garlic & herb soft cheese; a few olive & fig crisps from Trader Joe's for the cheese; and a nice Guinness to accompany it. Nothing too fancy but very yummy and a nice filling snack after a long cardio session (I do *not* like cardio but it is sometimes a necessary evil). 371 cals with a nice 19c 12f 19p breakdown.

SavoryTreat_zps144cba5f.jpg

That looks fantastic!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    That all looks awesome.

So, my birthday is coming up . . . :wink:
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was my Dora's birthday. I worked till 630 and planned on going home to change then go out. Plans changed and she didn't want to stop at home first. She said she wanted to go to an organic burger spot we like, but I had a feeling it was because I only had sweats and a tshirt on me and was to casual. I ended up stopping and buying jeans and a button down while working. Met her at the burger place and we walked up the block to try an Italian restaurant we'd never eaten at.

Sounds like you guys know each other really, really well!

And I want that Italian jambalaya.
  • WinoGelato
    Options
    Yesterday was my Dora's birthday. I worked till 630 and planned on going home to change then go out. Plans changed and she didn't want to stop at home first. She said she wanted to go to an organic burger spot we like, but I had a feeling it was because I only had sweats and a tshirt on me and was to casual. I ended up stopping and buying jeans and a button down while working. Met her at the burger place and we walked up the block to try an Italian restaurant we'd never eaten at.

Sweet Italian sausage and roasted red pepper rizzoto Appetizer
    02YzMf7.jpg?1

Jambalaya (Lobster, sausage, chicken) over linguini.  When the waiter mentioned it on the specials I was like "Huh? Italian jambalaya?" I got it anyway and it was amazing.
    yuw8pym.jpg?1

That is such a sweet story! Way to make sure her day was special.

Um, what was for dessert?