Share Your Savory Treats

Options

Replies

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    05f9c83d-bfca-472b-b4d1-8db98b61f080_zpsb176cf99.jpg

Mr. Acrylics made bagels. They are so good. I definitely won't be buying them from the store anymore.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Wow Amber, no you know you're one o my favorite people on MFP but those bagels Mr. Acrylics made made have just overtaken you. They look awesome. I love me some bagels.

They're freakin' awesome. I think I'll keep him. ;)
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Oh fresh made bagels! They look great. I haven't made bagels in years might have to do that soon
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Welcome surprise for breakfast. n61lus3kvluh.jpg
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Tamales?^^^^

Yep. 2 pork and 2 chicken.very tasty. Just right amount of spicy.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    ^ I'm jealous. I'll be making my own version later but I just got smoked cheddar and mild cheddar. I was afraid the kids wouldn't eat anything with different cheese.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    They're pretty picky. Idk, I might sneak something else in. I've got some asiago, smoked provolone, and goat cheese in the fridge.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    They're pretty picky. Idk, I might sneak something else in. I've got some asiago, smoked provolone, and goat cheese in the fridge.

Definitely the goat cheese. The Asiago is the one I can see them calling out.

Yeah I can see that-- it's a little strong.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    That looks good. I'm jealous mac & cheese is the one thing I forgot to make.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Mac n Chz looks really good. My mom always served it at Thanksgiving and my husband thought it was weird.

Did you do a bread crumb topping?
  • WinoGelato
    Options
    I played around with multi cheese mac a few years ago that would be kid friendly and have enough depth to please adult palates. I use fontina, smoked and regular cheddar, and a little velveeta for the creaminess. Husband likes creamy mac and I like baked so I usually serve him and the kids some right off the stovetop and then bake mine with the pamesan breadcrumb topping, that's my favorite part!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    I did a panko topping. The kids ended up deciding that they don't like cheese (?!) and refused all dishes that had cheese in them, so it wouldn't have mattered. But the adults all loved it.
  • WinoGelato
    Options
    Ba ha ha that sounds about like most kids I know. Little brats are full of arbitrary rules!

I haven't made my mac in quite a while because my kids throw fits if you serve them anything but the "line kind". Translation: blue box Kraft.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    We may have to do Thanksgiving 2.0 this week. Our hosts didn't have any kind of mashed potatoes or pumpkin pie, and Mr. Acrylics was somewhat cranky about it. :p I don't care anything about pumpkin pie but I did miss the potatoes-- that's a major Thanksgiving staple in our house.