Replies

• gmabethof3
    gmabethof3 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    3/4/17 - 186.0
    3/11/17 - 185.0
    3/19/17 - 190.0
    3/25/17 - 190.8

Thought I was doing good this week, guess not that good..LOL.. Oh well, I will just keep working and hope that next week will be better.

Getting ready to go out walking. I have to walk down to the dumpster and take my trash down, I am making it a daily walk instead of driving down, hey its better than nothing

Hope to see all of you on here next week. All you ladies have a great week, and hope that it is nice a warm where you are. Spring is her and I am loving it...Beth
  • gaylebodine
    gaylebodine Posts: 1,678 Member
    Options
    3/03/17: 201.3
    3/10/17: 198.7
    3/18/17: 197.6
    3/25/17: 196.6
    Hope I can keep this good direction. Not feeling well this week (my usual, sinus and stomach and tired) so makes me drag a bit. Want to start walking tomorrow. Spring break for my schools so can make that the "work" for my week. Glad you guys are hanging in!!
  • MapDancer
    MapDancer Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    3/25/17: 134.8
    It's been two years since I hit my first goal of getting into the healthy BMI range - which for my short aspect ratio (!) is under 136.6.
    I did get to 130 - my desired goal but realistically I am maintaining 133-135. I feel good with that.

My sister from FL arrived yesterday. She finally hit her goal too! She finally got firmly in the 134-138 range. I'm glad to have been an inspiration for her. We just took turns on the treadmill this evening after having a long lunch at the Korean restaurant after our Korean class.

My daughter who has gained over the passed decade has resolved to turn it around. She also had hit around 180-ish (is it our family limit??) and using MFP and planning an activity of 45+ min everyday has lost 13 lbs in the last 2 months. She works from home for a big insurance company and is sitting for long hours. She's looking into getting a standing desk. The company bought them for the corporate office workers but not providing for the home-based ones.

I'm not much for inspirational writing* but this short article defines grit. That's how I approached my weight lose project though I didn't think about as grit. jamesclear.com/grit?__s=sbszbzowh8ru92isjdvh

* As an organizer I very often uncover multiple books about organizing while working with clients. What does that mean?? Well, reading about it makes people feel like they are doing something, or starting something anyway. But then nothing happens. When I work with them there is motivation, direction, explicit directions for their situation - and then it's done! Also I'm know to bring treats sometimes... :p !
  • gmabethof3
    Options
    3/4/17 - 186.0
    3/11/17 - 185.0
    3/19/17 - 190.0
    3/25/17 - 190.8
    3/31/17 - 189.0

YEA! I'm back in the game. I have a goal in mind to be at least in the 170 or less by June 25. My youngest daughters first baby shower, and I am hosting along with the other grandma.

Although its warmer today, it is raining, so I guess I will go up to the mall and walk around, I really don't like walking around the mall, I end up window shopping more and I like to keep walking...LOL

Glad to see more ladies on here, was starting getting worried that we were loosing every one.

Well, I guess I will start my day. Hope that you all have a good week, and I will talk to you all soon. Beth
  • gaylebodine
    Options
    3/31/17: 198.6
    Up but doing a bit better at recording in my diary. Posting a recipe for my latest go to meal. Alice's Potato Bake. Anything that I can eat with the word "potato" in it is made in culinary heaven, in my (cook) book.
  • gmabethof3
    edited April 2017
    Options
    3/4/17 - 186.0
    3/11/17 - 185.0
    3/19/17 - 190.0
    3/25/17 - 190.8
    3/31/17 - 189.0
    4/8/17 - 189.0

Did a lot better this week than expected. Staying the same is really good for me. Warmer out today, so I guess I will go for a walk and need to get me a new computer UGH! this old one is only working part time, dont like that, and using the phone to type on is getting harder, everything is too small...LOL

Gayle - that potato bake sounds really good, going to look that uup and try it for myself.

Well, off to start my day, hope it is warmer were everyone is and everyone is taking advantage of it.. .....No more excuses for me, its just too nice out . Everyone have a great week....Beth
  • gaylebodine
    Options
    3/31/17: 198.6
    4/08/17: 197.1
    Heading in the right direction, of course would love it to go more quickly but need to cool my jets and go for the long term step by step. Still not feeling great but doing a series of medical tests that will help me know what to do to feel better. Really complaining about small things--tired, congested, headache, ringing ears, dry eye, gut pain. Hard to tell what is just "getting old" and what is treatable. But hopefully will continue to understand how to better take care of myself. Guess that taking off the weight is the one thing I can somewhat control at this point.
    Have a great week everyone! Did not do my liquid only/fast days this last week.
  • dasher602014
    dasher602014 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    back to regular internet access over the easter weekend.

haven't forgotten you. will return asap. congrats on the successes you guys.
  • gmabethof3
    Options
    3/4/17 - 186.0
    3/11/17 - 185.0
    3/19/17 - 190.0
    3/25/17 - 190.8
    3/31/17 - 189.0
    4/8/17 - 189.0
    4/16/17 - 188.4

Sorry I'm late this week, had so much to do last week, and with Easter, everything has been hectic.

Hope all had a great Easter. I thought I had had too much to eat, but I did better than I thought, at least I am heading in the right way. Baby steps, but I will take them.

Gayle, sorry to hear about your medical issues. Hope that you feel better soon and that the test help find out the problem...We are all getting old, more aches and pains, but yes, loosing weight is something we can control. I just learned in Weight Watchers, that for ever lb. we loose, its 4 lbs. of pressure off our joints. So more incentive for me, maybe loosing more than I have been will help me feel better, we'll see!

Marney, Glad your back to regular internet and will return to us soon. Glad to see you back.

Well, everyone have a great week, and now that Easter is over, I hope to do better myself. See you all next week. Beth

• maryschwartzroby
    maryschwartzroby Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Hello gang. I can tell you all the reasons I've been missing but in the long run it doesn't matter. I've been struggling to the point of giving up. After shopping for a blouse and viewing myself in a mirror , plus getting discouraged on having to shop for larger sizes, I knew I had to get back on track.
    I weighed in today at 224.5. This is sad when at one time I was in my 50's.
    So, here I go again. glad you ladies are still here and doing well.
  • gmabethof3
    edited April 2017
    Options
    3/4/17 - 186.0
    3/11/17 - 185.0
    3/19/17 - 190.0
    3/25/17 - 190.8
    3/31/17 - 189.0
    4/8/17 - 189.0
    4/16/17 - 188.4
    4/21/17 - 187.4

Welcome back Mary, getting worried about our little group diminishing. I hope our group is all back soon.

Did a little better this week, still higher than when I started this challenge...BOO!, and hoping I will do better, I always say that, but then I end up getting into the same old rut. Maybe now that the weather is getting better outside and I will have more things to do, I will get more exercise in, and not eat so much. AT least I am going to be trying..

I always get a little confused about when our new challenge starts, If I am right, I think our new challenge starts May 5. Please correct me if I am wrong

Well, you ladies all have a great week, eat clean, and let us all get those lbs. melting off.
    see you next week....Beth :)
  • MapDancer
    Options
    4/21/17 - 136.0
    A bit too much indulgence while my sister was visiting, along with my favorite carrot birthday cake. This puts me at the high end of my Healthy BMI.
    This week I'm going to up my activity time and skip the snacking (though healthy) that creeps in, if that doesn't bring it down I may actually go back to logging my food.

Beth: I also read about 1lb./4lb. off your joints. When I was heavy I was starting to feel it in my knees, and they were 'clicking' a lot more. Since losing I don't notice any problem, so far.. I am getting older though!
  • maryschwartzroby
    maryschwartzroby Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    4/21/17 Fri. 224.00
  • gmabethof3
    Options
    3/4/17 - 186.0
    3/11/17 - 185.0
    3/19/17 - 190.0
    3/25/17 - 190.8
    3/31/17 - 189.0
    4/8/17 - 189.0
    4/16/17 - 188.4
    4/21/17 - 187.4
    4/28/17 - 187.2

Getting there, I know its a little loss, but I will take it....

Pam: My joints have been hurting a little, so I am looking forward to the day they feel better. This 1lb/4lb pressure off joints, in itsself is a motivator to loose the weight.

I think that we have got rain perdicted all this weekend, so I guess I am going to the mall to walk. Not as nice as being outside, but it is walking and I need to keep it up.

Hope that everyone has a great week, be safe and eat clean.....Beth
  • MapDancer
    Options
    4/21 - 136.0
    4/26 - 137.0
    A double yipes after going to our favorite Korean restaurant. Fortunately the dance/exercise class started again this week (the teacher had mono and had to take 4 wks off)
    4/29 - 135.4
    I would never take an end-of-day number but since it is lower than the morning one I'm claiming it. This is our first humid hot day and that usually gives me a temporary stomachache.

A friend asked me last night about what I did to lose weight. A few thoughts ...
    I don't know if it works for everyone, but instead of telling myself I couldn't have "whatever" (which can make you obsess about it even more) I would take 1/2 or less portion and eat it really slowly. It helps that my husband is very willing to have 1/2 portions.

Also I would ask myself why? why am I eating this? is it good for me? what is more important this thing or being successful? We make choices. Despite the advertising etc. we make a choice when we eat.
  • dasher602014
    Options
    Hi all,

Sorry for the absence again. On Easter Monday, the husband of my neighbour who takes care of my house when I am away, was taken to hospital. He died the following Friday. So that week, I was doing what I could for Sharon and her dog, who is old and leaky. So I was busy and sad.

Then after Jim died, again, doing what I could for Sharon and dog. We finally took the dog into the vet for her annual check up and it turned out the poor old thing has a bladder infection. So hopefully that solves the leakiness.

Peter has had a very sore shoulder and isn't getting much sleep and neither was I so I changed to the guest bed two nights ago and it is better for me now. He is off to the doctor today.

I came home at 164.5 so 2.5 pounds up and I am now at 169.5. Stressful time.

Back on the wagon to stay, I hope but we are back into more rain here. It has been raining almost every day of my life since the middle of February. Bleeding tired of it.

I am glad our group is still coming together. I am going to eat right, right the stationary bike and report back to you tomorrow.

Marney
  • gaylebodine
    Options
    May 5th is the end of this most recent challenge. Our next challenge runs May 5th to July 7th which just happens to be my 66th birthday and the anniversary of my resolve to lose my extra padding. I did lose 50 pounds in my first year, but have gained back 25. Clearly I probably won't lose 25 pounds in the next 9 weeks but I intend to make good progress. Despite my wobbling it has been a great support to have you and this group behind me. Please state you results for the challenge that's ending and your goals for the next. Go Team!
  • gaylebodine
    Options
    My bathroom scale has given up the ghost, wasn't just a new battery needed. When I replace it I will start reporting my weight again. Have not been doing well lately. So stressed about politics (Specifically the orange horror and crew). But hope to get back in control soon.
  • dasher602014
    Options
    Hey, politics ain't worth it. All you can do is vote and then letter write. I know, I don't live in the states but we are really, really influenced by it, including my retirement savings which I live on! And I cannot vote there or letter write! (PS No politics on mfp or you get throw out if someone finds out.)

Focus, Gayle, focus. Just kidding.

You can do this without a scale. I get too scale focused and I am thinking about weighing only once a week at home.
  • gmabethof3
    Options
    5/5/17 - 186.0

Starting off where I started last challenge, so last challenge I just ended up staying the same.

Going on a bus trip with some friend this week to Holland, Michigan, looking forward to it, hope I can control myself, they have alot of eating scheduled, but then there is also alot of walking, so I hope to at least stay the same, we will see.

It has been doing nothing but raining and cold for the past few days, so my walking has suffered, I have been going to the mall to walk when I can, but I am not walking as much right now. Hope that this rain stops.

Well everyone have a great day, and hope we all have a great week. Beth