Exercise and Weight Loss Challenges

Options

Replies

• dasher602014
    dasher602014 Posts: 1,992 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Well done, Lil. Yes, it bounces but as long as the trend is down, you are good.

I lost a pound today. And Peter 3 in the last few days. And his blood sugar is trending down again. Hurray!

I reached out to the guy Frankmbr who posted on our thread. He cannot find a group of guys of senior years and thought we sounded really supportive, and yes, we are! No, I am not going to ask if he can join. I just thought I would let you know that I am getting to know him and encouraging him. I told him that we normally sort of 'sponsor' new members in but I would be willing to encourage him outside the group.

Old chipmunk cheeks here doesn't have to worry about looking to thin in the face, Gayle, but do set your goals to be reasonable for health and looks. Maybe you are there?

Old chipmunk cheeks is me, in case there is confusion!
  • dasher602014
    Options
    Jan.16-192.5
    Jan. 22- 191.5
    Jan.29-193.0

Disappointing, I am sure, Mary. But bouncing around is part of the picture for all of us, it seems. Stay the course!
  • gmabethof3
    gmabethof3 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I think we all have some disappointment. I have been good on my diet, going to Y and least 2 days a week, exercising at home, getting better and better about not eating after 8 PM, and yet, in this challenge I have only lost a little over 1 lb. So what is the problem? Hopefully things get better, hope we all get out of this slump soon. :/
  • gmabethof3
    edited February 2016
    Options
    January 1, 2016 Challenge

January 1 - 178.0
    January 8 - 177.6 = -.4
    January 15 - 177.2 = -.8
    January 22 - 176.6 = -1.4
    January 29 - 176.2 = -1.8
    February 5 0 176.0 = 2.0

Better than I have been doing. Goal this week is to walk more. When I run errands, I will park far from the front door and get a little extra walking that way. I will make it a point to walk outside more, weather permitting.

Hope everyone has had a great week, and looking forward to a great Super Bowl Weekend......Since my Bengals did not make the Super Bowl this year, I am cheering for The Denver Bronco's!!!!!!!!(making Weight Watchers Turkey chili to have during the game...Not going to over eat!!!!!!!
  • maryschwartzroby
    maryschwartzroby Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Jan.16-192.5
    Jan. 22- 191.5
    Jan.29-193.0
    Feb.5-189.5
  • maryschwartzroby
    Options
    My goal this week is to NOT get back in the 90's.I've stayed away from sweets again this week and making that another goal this week.We're having a donut and coffee get together Sunday after church and I decided i'm not attending.I need to start drinking more water so I guess I should make that another goal.Oh,and more exercise.Gosh that's a lot of goals.Gotta make those goals .Now just to stick to them.I guess the scales will show the outcome.
  • dasher602014
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Well done you two. Mary, that is a huge drop! I realize that temptation lurks in every donut and coffee get together. Hopefully, you can get the sweet cravings under control enough to attend the get together another time. You have been exercising. How about changing that goal to just keep doing what you are doing rather than more? Less sweets and more water always helps.
  • dasher602014
    Options
    For me, I stayed the same in weight. I had a problem this week though. I have been tracking with my DH on his VLCHF diet for about 6 months as you know. I love it. I never get hungry and I enjoy all the food and gradually the weight is coming down with no struggle. But, apparently all those friendly gut bacteria which feast on the sugar in our diet, became adapted to this diet too. And they decided to spread through my system eating the ketones I was producing. So a systematic yeast infection ensued. Doc said to eat more carbs. It worked. In 24 hours, I feel much better. Not yet all healed but soooo much better. So now I have to adjust the diet. So that is this week goal for me. Change my diet to include carbs but not so many that I gain weight or get hungry. Sigh.
  • grandmothercharlie
    grandmothercharlie Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Didn't budge this week! But didn't gain either!
  • grandmothercharlie
    grandmothercharlie Posts: 1,361 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    No gains, and some nice losses! Yay. Good start to this week's reporting!

I'm taking tomorrow off work. I'm heading to my kids tonight to begin a weekend of dog sitting. I'm taking some good food, but, I included a bottle of wine!
  • gmabethof3
    Options
    I posted this on our feed page, but thought I would share here as well, I find this interesting.....During the Super Bowl, the average American consumes over 2400 calories with over 120 grams of fat....The nutrition land mines are pizza, chicken wings and beer........I am making my Weight Watcher Turkey Chili, and drink my diet coke..... I might go crazy and eat my fat free cream cheese on my whole wheat crackers...LOL
  • dasher602014
    Options
    A video I saw said that during the super bowl most people loaded up on food as if they were going to play the game and then sat on the couch. Problem. Stick to your chili and diet coke, Beth, you'll feel better.
  • MapDancer
    MapDancer Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I just posted a link in the Studies thread -"Where Are You on the Global Fat Scale?"

Was 132.0 this morning. Next week marks 9 months at maintenance.
  • dasher602014
    Options
    MapDancer wrote: »
    I just posted a link in the Studies thread -"Where Are You on the Global Fat Scale?"

Was 132.0 this morning. Next week marks 9 months at maintenance.

WHOOOOOAH! Celebrate!!!!!!
  • gaylebodine
    gaylebodine Posts: 1,678 Member
    Options
    1/01/16: 180.4
    1/09/16: 178.6
    1/15/16: 174.3
    1/23/16: 176.4
    1/30/16: 176.8
    2/06/16: 178
    My new goal for this challenge is to stay in the 170's or below. I have excuses: a big (biggish) snow here and had an ingrown toenail removed (gross I know) so my walks have been thwarted. However! My toe is less of an issue than I thought it would be (not that uncomfortable in shoes) and will start walking for exercise again next week. That always makes a difference! Still struggling with the free for all eating in the evenings. That seems to be my current pattern. 2 for 1 coupon at Cold Stone didn't help my will power last night. But so fun to hang with my son and his nerdy friends as they ate giant burritos AND Cold Stone. What could be better than talking Dr. Who and other sci-fi series while eating ice cream? Know I will get the night time eating managed soon.
  • gaylebodine
    Options
    "I have started a new thread that I hope some of you might want to tackle. It is called Healthy Mind as well as a Healthy Body. Care to join me"?

Charlie, this sounds great! It is all about thinking and attitude and addressing "flabby" attitudes and thoughts. As a former therapist I know this is where our challenges and potential power lies.

• gaylebodine
    Options
    "That's a good point - logging fatigue." Beth and Pam, there might be something to it. Plus I just love "named" issues. Makes them more visible plus sound more like official excuses, lol.

I was so gung ho in my first year of logging and losing--have not been feeling it since November. I'm at day 514 or something such now and it doesn't have the punch for me that it used to. Still start out (most days) with logging breakfast, morning snack and lunch, but then I go missing in action most evenings, these days. Looking for that thread, that path. Coming around from the weeds, really I am.

• Cclill
    Cclill Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Sorry for quick weekly report again
    I gotta go to sleep.
    Enjoyed everyones posts!
    You guys are wonderful!
    Couple weeks ago had new low, 182
    Bounced up as usual then back down a bit
    Last week, 182.4
    Bounced up as usual, then back down a bit
    Today, 182.6
    I know it is fickle water weight.
    Not depressed, which is my goal.

• maryschwartzroby
    Options
    Well done you two. Mary, that is a huge drop! I realize that temptation lurks in every donut and coffee get together. Hopefully, you can get the sweet cravings under control enough to attend the get together another time. You have been exercising. How about changing that goal to just keep doing what you are doing rather than more? Less sweets and more water always helps.

I went to the donut and coffee get together and all i did was socialize .My husband ate a couple but I wasn't even tempted. Yah me!!! Came home and ate a healthy breakfast.
  • dasher602014
    Options

I went to the donut and coffee get together and all i did was socialize .My husband ate a couple but I wasn't even tempted. Yah me!!! Came home and ate a healthy breakfast.

Now THAT is a non-scale victory! Yeah, you. Particularly before breakfast!