Beginner Team Chat Board

Options

Replies

• brightsideofpink
    brightsideofpink Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    I hope all of this speculation about Bob is true. It would be fascinating as it has been a while since they've really gotten into any details about how the disease transmits, etc. Remember, in the beginning, people did simply get sick, even without being bitten. Either way, I have a feeling I won't be having a nightly snack this coming Sunday, and I may go vegetarian for dinner, lol.

As for the challenge, I confess that I get great cardio numbers because I'm a bit competitive with my fitbit, but it comes at the sacrifice of my strength training (despite what my profile pic shows, lol). I had to set time aside on Saturday afternoon just to get my strength numbers to the line. I did the fitnessblender workout and I have dumbbells for free weight training. What is everyone else doing for their strength training? I would love non-gym recommendations.
  • jamielynnmobile
    jamielynnmobile Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    "Beginner MVPs are Brightsideofpink and MissTiffamee"

Great job you two! Very inspirational. :smiley:
  • MsTiffamee
    MsTiffamee Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I agree. I know 2nd isn't 1st, but it isn't last either! I feel like we did great for Beginners. Too bad the "non-participating" members hurt our score so badly! Like you said....maybe now that we have dropped the zombies we can get 1st next week!!!
  • shreddin_mama
    shreddin_mama Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    how do you know if you are on team horde... I checked in the evening. so I believe my numbers counted
  • MsTiffamee
    Options
    If I'm not mistaken....as long as you...

A) logged your score on Saturday by midnight
    OR
    B) contacted your group leader or Cindy regarding your absence

You should be good. The only people sent to the Walker Horde are people who just completely "no-show, no contact."

That's my understanding anyway.
  • MsTiffamee
    Options
    That smiley face is not what I put there! LOL
  • ashleybreanna13
    ashleybreanna13 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Come on Beginners! Let's all report this week! Put it in your phone as a reminder to report on Saturday! We can do this!

Poor Bob, but Beth may be coming back soon! Yay!

PS. What the heck was Carol doing? Leaving? No!
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    julebg79 wrote: »
    From what I see in Cindyinpg's results post, it says "Beginner Team. 29 out of 49 checked in for a total score of 167.35 for each member."

I wonder if that means we are down to 29 people?! That's a serious loss to the zombies! But I'm proud of us all for coming in second last week! Next week, lets come in first. :)
    Yes. You're down to 29. I think you lost lots of new folk. That always happens, but I think the forum changes happening right at the start of the challenge didn't do the newcomers any favors. I was lost for a day or two! Some of the new people joining the challenge was their first or second ever forum post and suddenly everything is different.
  • MsTiffamee
    Options
    I've completed my Team Daryl challenge for the week....Ugh..Denise Austin! Lol! I also did 60 minutes of cardio last night!

We will be VICTORIOUS next week!

I'm really proud of everyone! Let's keep up the good work! Go Beginners!
  • KristyMayhem331
    KristyMayhem331 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I am super confident this week. I just need to figure out how to get the videos to play LOL Everyone did a great job! Lets keep this momentum rolling throughout week 2! B)
  • MsTiffamee
    Options
    Kristy - Which video do you want to do? I'll see if I can send you a link!
  • orangeboo
    orangeboo Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    can someone send me the video link for Carls team? I am having the worst time seeing the video this week :(
  • MsTiffamee
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I'm email it to you!
  • CindyB97
    CindyB97 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I hope all of this speculation about Bob is true. It would be fascinating as it has been a while since they've really gotten into any details about how the disease transmits, etc. Remember, in the beginning, people did simply get sick, even without being bitten. Either way, I have a feeling I won't be having a nightly snack this coming Sunday, and I may go vegetarian for dinner, lol.

As for the challenge, I confess that I get great cardio numbers because I'm a bit competitive with my fitbit, but it comes at the sacrifice of my strength training (despite what my profile pic shows, lol). I had to set time aside on Saturday afternoon just to get my strength numbers to the line. I did the fitnessblender workout and I have dumbbells for free weight training. What is everyone else doing for their strength training? I would love non-gym recommendations.

I agree about wanting more info about how the disease transmits, how it started, and all that. That part of zombie stories always fascinates me. I keep wondering if Eugene really knows anything or if he's making it up just to stay protected. I haven't read the comics so I have no insight on that.

As for strength training, I like an app called You Are Your Own Gym. You can make up your own routine with the exercises or they have a pre-planned 10-week routine you can do. You can pick your fitness level (beginner, etc.). They show a video of each exercise so you can figure out how to do it.

What I've found, last week and so far this week, is the challenge here has become part of my strength training. I am on Team Michonne and this week's challenge is an upper body workout. Our punishment this week is squats, so there's my lower body workout. I'll probably alternate them all week and let that be my strength training. I had been planning on using my app instead, but I'm getting plenty of strength with the other stuff we have to do!
  • ashleybreanna13
    ashleybreanna13 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Me & my boyfriend each did a Walking Dead scratch-off last night during the episode. I won $2! It was cute. These scratch-offs are in Minnesota, does any other states have these right now?
  • brightsideofpink
    brightsideofpink Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    CindyB97 wrote: »

As for strength training, I like an app called You Are Your Own Gym. You can make up your own routine with the exercises or they have a pre-planned 10-week routine you can do. You can pick your fitness level (beginner, etc.). They show a video of each exercise so you can figure out how to do it.

What I've found, last week and so far this week, is the challenge here has become part of my strength training. I am on Team Michonne and this week's challenge is an upper body workout. Our punishment this week is squats, so there's my lower body workout. I'll probably alternate them all week and let that be my strength training. I had been planning on using my app instead, but I'm getting plenty of strength with the other stuff we have to do!

Thanks! I confess that I've bought the book, but haven't read more than the intro yet. I didn't know there was an app so I'll definitely check that out! I did use my (kickboxing) challenge last week towards part of my strength training. It was 27 minutes but nearly 10 of it was light warmups so I didn't count those towards the challenge.

• KristyMayhem331
    KristyMayhem331 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Me & my boyfriend each did a Walking Dead scratch-off last night during the episode. I won $2! It was cute. These scratch-offs are in Minnesota, does any other states have these right now?

I have never heard of them before. I will definitely look into it here in Wisconsin. Where do you get them at?
  • k8161819
    Options
    I just want to say I proud of us! I think we did awesome coming in 2nd with only 29 people. Even though we lost a lot of points because of the people that didn't post we still had pretty good numbers, and hopefully this week we will see a big difference. Keep it up guys. I am also pretty competitive with my cardio so I usually have extra minutes available so if anyone is falling short, I can lend some. Just add me and message me if you need any by the end of the week!

We can do this guys!
  • maphammonds
    maphammonds Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Congrats Brightsideofpink and MissTiffamee....you guys are setting the bar high!
  • MsTiffamee
    Options
    Congrats Brightsideofpink and MissTiffamee....you guys are setting the bar high!

Thank you! I just want to say congrats to all of us! We have all worked so hard! Keep up the good work everyone!