Beginner Team Chat Board

Options

Replies

• Bmercy21
    Bmercy21 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Me & my boyfriend each did a Walking Dead scratch-off last night during the episode. I won $2! It was cute. These scratch-offs are in Minnesota, does any other states have these right now?

We have them in New Jersey! My favorite!
  • julebg79
    julebg79 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    For strength training, I have been doing body weight dependent toning exercises (crunches, bicycles, pushups, etc). I don't have any equipment, so that's how I roll! :)

Great job to the MVPs! :smile:

So, WHEN we win this week, is our punishment exercise still going to the be the zombie one? Hope so!

Has anyone done the Bring Sally Up yet? I think I'm going to do it tomorrow night (sans weights for me, since that's about my level).
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    julebg79 wrote: »
    For strength training, I have been doing body weight dependent toning exercises (crunches, bicycles, pushups, etc). I don't have any equipment, so that's how I roll! :)

Great job to the MVPs! :smile:

So, WHEN we win this week, is our punishment exercise still going to the be the zombie one? Hope so!

Has anyone done the Bring Sally Up yet? I think I'm going to do it tomorrow night (sans weights for me, since that's about my level).
    Of those who have done it, they all seem to agree that the punishment video is well worth watching... lol. :wink:
  • ygniliem
    ygniliem Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm really struggling with the punishment workout as I have no abs lol. Does anyone know a way to modify the exercises? I am a total beginner!
  • MsTiffamee
    MsTiffamee Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Good morning Beginners! Monday I did my character challenge and half the required cardio. Yesterday I completed my remaining cardio and strength training. Tomorrow night = punishment! I will continue with my cardio for the rest of the week. Let me know if you need any cardio minutes! Keep up the good work everyone!

• ashleybreanna13
    ashleybreanna13 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I did the punishment this morning, without weights, and wow!! That was a neat exercise, the guy was nice to look at, and my legs are burning! I bet I'll be sore later!
  • Cindyinpg
    Options
    ygniliem wrote: »
    Hi, I'm really struggling with the punishment workout as I have no abs lol. Does anyone know a way to modify the exercises? I am a total beginner!
    You could do it with lunges instead if that is better for you.

• Cindyinpg
    Options
    ygniliem wrote: »
    You could do it with lunges instead if that is better for you.

• ygniliem
    ygniliem Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I meant the character one...upper body and arm workout. Nearly had to call an ambulance after trying the leg lift arm dip planks lol.
  • julebg79
    julebg79 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Cindyinpg wrote: »
    Of those who have done it, they all seem to agree that the punishment video is well worth watching... lol. :wink:
    Yeah, getting sweaty and sore with a German-accented hottie doesn't sound so bad! o:)
  • LouLouBeans
    Options
    Will be doing it when I get home tonight, boyfriend is loaning me his weights for it.

But I've watched the video plenty of times ;)
  • Bmercy21
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Did the punishment today and someone had to almost bring me up! I'm team Daryl so I decided to pick a Beth and carol. Finished the carol video and looking foward to Beth's last week video (not a Denise Austin Fan) :)
    So far I have 136 minutes of cardio and 41 of strength with another strength scheduled tomorrow... Let me know if anyone needs minutes this week.
  • jamielynnmobile
    jamielynnmobile Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Bmercy21 wrote: »
    Did the punishment today and someone had to almost bring me up! I'm team Daryl so I decided to pick a Beth and carol. Finished the carol video and looking foward to Beth's last week video (not a Denise Austin Fan) :)
    So far I have 136 minutes of cardio and 41 of strength with another strength scheduled tomorrow... Let me know if anyone needs minutes this week.

Last week's Beth video was a good little workout...the Denise Austin one was hard to watch. :neutral_face:
  • MsTiffamee
    Options
    What exercises get rid of those pesky love handles?
  • teresastr51
    teresastr51 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    So while I hated that I had a punishment, it wasn't as horrible as I had built it up in my head. So glad to have this challenge holding me accountable to my exercise commitments. It is also great to have so many positive people to motivate me! So I am at cardio 53/80 and strength 20/45. I should be at or over both by the end of the day. I have done the punishment and will do the Team Carol workout tonight.
  • DucMouse
    DucMouse Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Good Job everyone! Tuesday I did the character video and the punishment video and yesterday my knee was not happy. I'm hoping to finish up my cardio. But I'm gonna try not to lakc on my strenght. I'm gonna rest the knee.....maybe i'll just do the rest of minutes on abs ;-)
  • tj1376
    tj1376 Posts: 1,402 Member
    Options
    WOW!! I miss a couple days and the team just keeps steamrolling! Great Job everyone. And because I have been such an absentee leader this week - I will do the punishment exercise along with you guys to make up for it. Dont forget to hold me accountable!! :D

I will be contacting all the no shows from this week and if they dont respond they will be removed from the team and sent to the Horde. Your numbers should be great this week without all the excess. But remember, each team probably lost about half their people the first week, so everyone's numbers will be going up.

Check in with everyone during the week, help out if you can, ask for help if you need it.
  • brightsideofpink
    brightsideofpink Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Cindyinpg wrote: »

I'm technically immune from the punishment, but I watched the video and have to at least give it a try. Mmmmm, yummm. I need some strength minutes anyway...
  • MsTiffamee
    Options
    How's everyone doing so far this week? :smile:
  • Bmercy21
    Options
    A little annoyed that cleaning took so long today... Just physically exhausted today so I couldn't workout. The good thing is camping season is over so not leaving weekends anymore until April. Now I can double up on Fridays:)