Beginner Team Chat Board

Replies

• julebg79
    julebg79 Posts: 377 Member
    Went for a jog today and am feeling good. Might throw in some strength training while I watch project runway. But no legs, they need a rest from the Bring Sally Up yesterday!

So far this week, I am at:
    Cardio: 118
    Strength: 50

...but I don't plan to slack tomorrow and Saturday just because I've met the goals. NOPE! I actually joined my YMCA last week and am thinking about trying out a class tomorrow am. I'm torn between BodyCombat (an old love from 8-9 years ago!), Yoga (I could definitely use some flexibility training), and Power Pump (that would more than double my strength goal). Decisions, decisions...

Would Yoga count as strength, you think?
  • brightsideofpink
    brightsideofpink Posts: 1,018 Member
    I haven't added up my numbers yet, but I'm doing great with cardio. I did a 5 mile walk Sunday at a good pace, and I've run every day this week except today. I'll have to check my strength, but I think I've hit it. I've been doing 10 minutes most nights with dumbbells, and a few sessions of squats. I'm thinking I'll log my eliptical time as strength because I set the highest incline and my legs were burning bad far before I hit much of an increased heart rate. I plan to do my character challenge tonight.
  • DucMouse
    DucMouse Posts: 113 Member
    So far I am at 70 mins Cardio & 16 mins Stength. I will see what I can work in at lunch. After seeing all you guys do a great job I almost feel like I'm slacking or cutting myself short when I only reach the goals. But I do feel better and I'm slowly seeing results. Between work and school/study I do try to find as much time to get whatever workout I can squeezed in. But seeing all your posts really helps me to stay motivated.
  • maphammonds
    maphammonds Posts: 362 Member
    I'll have some cardio and strength minutes left over if anyone needs them. Seriously thinking about counting the 'event' we had this morning as cardio too. My daughter couldn't find her show shirt for band this morning. I offered to look in her closet while she finished getting ready for early am rehearsal. Sweet heavens, it was a disaster! I broke a sweat just digging out crap piled and crammed in every inch of space. No shirt to be found, her expected punishment - 1 demerit (4 laps around the track). I'm thinking she'll also have to spend sometime this weekend cleaning her room!
  • brightsideofpink
    brightsideofpink Posts: 1,018 Member
    DucMouse wrote: »
    Between work and school/study I do try to find as much time to get whatever workout I can squeezed in. But seeing all your posts really helps me to stay motivated.

Thats why I love these groups and sign up for challenges. It is a great motivational tool. I have only been doing any sort of exercise since May, but I haven't even attempted any strength until last week. Its really motivated me to get outside my cardio only box.
  • shreddin_mama
    shreddin_mama Posts: 1,076 Member
    so far I have 87cardio and 60 strength. I have my character workout done but still need to do my punishment. Doing good on calories and have been planning my snacks this week. Go team!
  • MsTiffamee
    MsTiffamee Posts: 137 Member
    edited October 2014
    DucMouse wrote: »
    Between work and school/study I do try to find as much time to get whatever workout I can squeezed in. But seeing all your posts really helps me to stay motivated.

Thats why I love these groups and sign up for challenges. It is a great motivational tool. I have only been doing any sort of exercise since May, but I haven't even attempted any strength until last week. Its really motivated me to get outside my cardio only box.

I totally agree with this. I signed up on MFP in August...up until that point I was a total couch potato. Once I started MFP I started walking a lot on a treadmill so I was getting a lot of cardio, but had never even attempted strength training until I joined this group! So it has definitely motivated me to try new things as well!

Everyone is doing well this week! Now that we have dropped the zombies I know we can win this!!!

I have completed my character challenge. I have 57 min of strength and 207 min of cardio. Hoping to get some more cardio in today because my weekend is jam packed with activities! Keep up the good work team! Let me know if you need minutes! :)

• ashleybreanna13
    ashleybreanna13 Posts: 249 Member
    Well I didn't think about the fact that I am leaving for a road trip tomorrow, and I still have 40 minutes strength and the Beth video to do. It'll be the first thing I do tonight, and I will report! (Hopefully my computer works...)
  • KristyMayhem331
    KristyMayhem331 Posts: 189 Member
    I am totally knocking out this cardio, no problem, but my strength is well to say the least, slacking! I still have to do my videos so it looks like tomorrow will be full of strength workouts!
  • CindyB97
    CindyB97 Posts: 146 Member
    Hey everyone! So happy to see all these enthusiastic teammates. This challenge is so awesome for motivation.

I am done with all my goals. I did the punishment twice and the Team Michonne challenge three times, plus some abs work. I am right at 45 minutes for the strength.

I have 30 extra minutes of cardio, and I'm going on a 3-hour hike with my son's cub scout troop tomorrow, so I'll have plenty of extra cardio if someone needs to borrow some.

Keep up the great work guys and gals! Can't wait for Sunday evening. :-)
  • shreddin_mama
    shreddin_mama Posts: 1,076 Member
    punishment done
  • SaraAlexandre
    SaraAlexandre Posts: 1,313 Member
    Bmercy21 wrote: »
    A little annoyed that cleaning took so long today... Just physically exhausted today so I couldn't workout. The good thing is camping season is over so not leaving weekends anymore until April. Now I can double up on Fridays:)

Here's a thought, isn't cleaning exercise??? I know when I deep clean, I'm sore and sweaty afterwords.
  • Bmercy21
    Bmercy21 Posts: 88 Member
    Bmercy21 wrote: »
    A little annoyed that cleaning took so long today... Just physically exhausted today so I couldn't workout. The good thing is camping season is over so not leaving weekends anymore until April. Now I can double up on Fridays:)

Here's a thought, isn't cleaning exercise??? I know when I deep clean, I'm sore and sweaty afterwords.

My cleaning is and sometimes I count it lol anything with my 3year old I consider a workout but I try to still get in some heart pumping moving :) and I forgot to wear my HR monitor it makes clean harder and faster :(
  • I'm so sorry. I've been mia I was diagnosed with vertigo Monday. I'm trying to take it easy and do things that don't make my head spin... no worries I'll make my times
  • julebg79
    julebg79 Posts: 377 Member
    Checking in soon, but wanted to say here that I have extra of both strength and cardio, if anyone needs it.

Cardio: 205/80
    Strength: 120/45

I did Body Combat today for the first time in like 7 years. Gonna feel that tomorrow! :)
  • I'm cutting it close... on my times
    I'm about to do my character challenge and totally modify it. no head whipping or spinning at all. Vertigo ... UGH. I hope next week will be a better week for my exercising. I hate slacker weeks and because of this week my scale stalled.... ugh

I will push through.

I vote Zombie challenge for the first week we win!!!!! (which this is our week!)

I so will be doing the bring sally up challenge again....oh the burn and the ease on my head!!!
  • KristyMayhem331
    Hey team! I am done with my weekly workouts and I have some to spare. Below are my numbers.... let me know if you need to borrow any. I'll be posting around 9 pm/10 pm central time.

Cardio: 343/80
    Strength: 80/45
  • KristyMayhem331
    and I vote zombie challenge for the punishment for WHEN we win this week ;)
  • tracymayo1
    tracymayo1 Posts: 445 Member
    I was NOT able to get in more than 10 minutes for my Strength training,
    I have been sick as a dog... I AM SO SORRY TEAM!!! Everything else was ok...
  • MsTiffamee
    MsTiffamee Posts: 137 Member
    tracymayo1 wrote: »
    I was NOT able to get in more than 10 minutes for my Strength training,
    I have been sick as a dog... I AM SO SORRY TEAM!!! Everything else was ok...

I have 12 minutes of strength I can donate. Can anyone else make up the difference?

I hope you get to feeling better soon. I hate being sick!!