Beginner Team Chat Board

Options

Replies

• Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    New Challenge is Up! Winning team, MVP list and punishment is coming up next.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1464792/weekly-challenge#Item_40
  • DucMouse
    DucMouse Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    YYAAAA congrats team! We are awesome..

Question..even if we won the challenege do we still have to do that punishment?
    (I planned to do it anyway, but couldn't remember if you win you didn't have to do it!)
  • brightsideofpink
    brightsideofpink Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Winning team is Beginners with 29 members posting out of 30 for an average of 280 points each!

Yay us!!!! This is awesome! I think we also did a really good job of rallying together to help out other teammates. I'm usually way over cardio because I run and do zumba several times per week, but I know I'm going to have to figure out a new routine for adding in some strength time.

Keep it up guys!
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    DucMouse wrote: »

(I planned to do it anyway, but couldn't remember if you win you didn't have to do it!)

Nope. You are all exempt. Unless you want to do it anyway... I believe many of the Advanced players did the punishment exercise last week. But that was different. :wink:
  • DucMouse
    DucMouse Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Cindyinpg wrote: »
    DucMouse wrote: »

Nope. You are all exempt. Unless you want to do it anyway... I believe many of the Advanced players did the punishment exercise last week. But that was different. :wink:

Thanks! It is nice ot know that we have done so good that we are exempt, but what harm is it going to do to just 'suck it up' and 'pump it up' ;-)
  • MsTiffamee
    MsTiffamee Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    MsTiffamee wrote: »
    This is what I did today......Amazing 0q8pvixnkcdu.jpg

I'm jealous! Besides the obvious, we already have 30 degree forecasts and its been raining almost nonstop for a week. Where are you?

Caney Creek Falls. Sipsey Wilderness in Alabama. It was beautiful!

• MsTiffamee
    MsTiffamee Posts: 137 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Go Beginners! This is so awesome! We all worked really hard this week! :)

Congrats to this weeks MVP's! You guys keep us motivated to do better!

Congrats to the team for all their hard work this week!

GREAT TEAMWORK!
  • KristyMayhem331
    KristyMayhem331 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Yay team!!! Great job! Let's have a repeat this week! Please remember to ask for help if needed. I am happy to donate any extra time I have. :smiley:
  • Bmercy21
    Bmercy21 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Great Job Team!
  • ashleybreanna13
    ashleybreanna13 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    YES! Great job, team!! I am so happy and proud for all of us. We rock!! Keep it up!!
  • shreddin_mama
    shreddin_mama Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    yay!!! more motivation to keep up the great work!!

What if carol has been bitten? I don't know but Daryl was acting too weird
  • tj1376
    tj1376 Posts: 1,402 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the win beginners!
  • Onoiam50
    Onoiam50 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Congrats team, you are all awesome.
  • tracymayo1
    tracymayo1 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Stupid question... but for the strength training - how do you count your minutes? I do 3 reps of 15 (whatever I am doing) and have a small break between sets - do you count the total time you are doing the actual exercises? Or the time you were working out?
  • jamielynnmobile
    jamielynnmobile Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    tracymayo1 wrote: »
    Stupid question... but for the strength training - how do you count your minutes? I do 3 reps of 15 (whatever I am doing) and have a small break between sets - do you count the total time you are doing the actual exercises? Or the time you were working out?

I count the whole time that I am working out, and I try to keep my rest breaks to a minimum (30-60 secs). Do whatever feels accurate to you. Maybe if you trained for 20 mins but you know you took a couple long breaks, log it as 15 mins?
  • maphammonds
    maphammonds Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Not sure if this should be posted on my character team or fitness level team, so I'll put it in both places. My strength training consists of using our Total Gym. We've had it just over a year and prior to my surgery in April, I was following their Intermediate Workout DVD; since I hadn't introduced strength training back into my routine post-surgery, I'm back at the Beginner Workout DVD level. It usually takes about 35-40 minutes to complete the circut, and it's a full body workout. I really, really like the Total Gym - it's extremely versatile and can be adjusted for any fitness level. We got the extra AB equipment and the Pilates equipment. Haven't used the Pilates yet, but love the AB workout. I carry the bulk of my weight around my middle, so I know I really need to focus on toning that up, but just in the last 3 weeks I've noticed a bit more definition in my shoulders.
  • LisasRoadtolosing100lbs
    Options
    For my strength training I use an app on my phone. It's called Workout Trainer by Skimble(.com). I like it purely because I can get a new workout everyday. And since I know its keys to change it up a bit to maximize your results this is perfect. Last night I killed myself (sad really this used to be one of my favorite types of workouts) doing beginners Pilates.
    I kinda love the Bring sally up challenge!, it's the perfect extra kick in the *kitten* I need after my runs. Starting off without weight and I will add it as my legs and glutes grow stronger
  • AnutChelle
    AnutChelle Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    For my strength, I have been using a weight watchers dvd that has 15 minutes for upper, lower, and core strengthening. I usually do alternate the upper and lower and always do the core (because that is my weakest area). I also do the Richard Simmons Sweatin' To The Oldies II (I know - I am really showing my age here!) because it has about 15 minutes of strength training after the low impact aerobics section.
  • shreddin_mama
    shreddin_mama Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    thump419 wrote: »
    For my strength training I use an app on my phone. It's called Workout Trainer by Skimble(.com). I like it purely because I can get a new workout everyday. And since I know its keys to change it up a bit to maximize your results this is perfect. Last night I killed myself (sad really this used to be one of my favorite types of workouts) doing beginners Pilates.
    I kinda love the Bring sally up challenge!, it's the perfect extra kick in the *kitten* I need after my runs. Starting off without weight and I will add it as my legs and glutes grow stronger

I have the same app...really great