Week 5

Options

Replies

• HanPatty
    HanPatty Posts: 21
    Options
    Going to start Week 5 tonight. I am not too worried about tonight but in a couple of days....20 minutes. Oh my!
  • opus649
    opus649 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    So very proud of myself today :happy:

As well you should be... nice job!!!
  • aqua_zumba_fan
    Options
    Hi all, I'm doing week 4 day 3 tomorrow and quite scared of week 5 next week. I use the NHS podcast where Laura tells me when to start and stop but am wondering whether to make a playlist and wear a watch for the 20min run as I don't really need to be told when to stop and start in the same way. I just think it might be easier with better music ;)
  • renokt87
    renokt87 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Did Week 5 day 2 this morning. Not terrible! Like other people say, I was surprised that I was able to run 8 minutes, twice! I slowed my pace from 6.0 to 5.8, and time actually went by quickly. A little nervous about day 3....
  • amyram
    amyram Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Congrats all you w5d3ers it sounds like this is the biggest psychological hurtle in the program, but also the greatest source of pride once it's completed. I have repeated w1d3 3 times now to get comfortable through it today but am looking forward to the day I look back on w5d3 and say "wow' I did that." For now my small vicory over w1d3 makes me look forward to w2d1 here we come. :bigsmile:
  • cmbarnes
    cmbarnes Posts: 46
    Options
    Finished W5D3 today, and it was awesome! :happy: I had kind of been dreading today, and wondering (a) whether I should run on my regular trail (which is wooded and somewhat hilly) or take a flatter route (I ended up running my regular route--I figured if I started flagging or got sick I'd want the seclusion of the woods LOL!) and (b) what I should do if I couldn't complete my run (repeat the whole week or just the day? etc.) I feel like I psyched myself out over nothing! Can't wait to start W6 on Friday!
  • _rebeccab
    _rebeccab Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I was stuck on Day 1 of Week 5 for 2 weeks.

Part of it was a mental thing (breaking the 5 minute barrier was kind of a big deal to me since I remember huffing and puffing at 90 seconds) and partly there are a lot of inconsistency with my exercise routine for the past month.

But, yesterday I sucked it up and started Day 2 telling myself that it wasn't a huge deal if I couldn't do it - I actually found it easier to do than Day 1 so I'm actually looking forward to the 3rd interval tomorrow.
  • danner13
    danner13 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Survived W5D3!! It went way better than expected! Reading all of the postings here was great motivation. I used the idea of waiting till I got through 5 songs to check my time and by then I was so close to finishing, it really helped. Bring on week 6!
  • smallerman
    smallerman Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I did W5D1 tonight. On the third run, I felt like I could go a bit longer, so I kept going right thru Laura's cool down walk for a total of 10 minutes on the third interval. That was a great feeling and I feel like I can totally do the two 8's in a couple days.

Like everyone else, I'm a little worried about the 20 min run at the end of the week!!
  • JHPlunkett
    JHPlunkett Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I did w5d2 today and will do day 3 Friday or Saturday depending on when my wife gets out of the hospital... :-\

I had already decided to just use my workout playlist instead of the NHS podcast for my 20 min run, and I'm glad to see other folks are already doing it that way. I just don't see needing Laura to tell me I'm halfway through. That might be depressing instead of encouraging!

I did 15 min straight the other day, so I know I can do 20... Just a matter of getting in a rhythm and going at it (and not watching the clock!)
  • Marglyne12
    Marglyne12 Posts: 26
    Options
    Dreading Week 5. I am still in pain from week 4. Question! Will I ever be pain free? I am going to attempt Week 5 today. Wish me luck! Because I WILL NEED IT!:indifferent:
  • Marglyne12
    Options
    :tongue: C25K day 1..I did it!! yeah! I made sure I stretched and drank a lot of water after..Sat Day 2
  • jadesign19
    jadesign19 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I did W5D1 this morning. I made it thru all the 5 min runs, but WOW was I slow. I ran/walked a 5k on Sunday and I'm still feeling a bit stiff from that. I'll see how it goes, but I'm not optimistic about being able to run 20 minutes straight later this week!
    Yea you! I just did the w5d1 on friday. My pace was so slow. I blame it on the bad week I had last week...STRESS. Anyway, I too am going to do a run/walk 5k in July. I did 3.74miles in 41:11. I'm nervous because of the time. My kids will be there and I want them to be proud and encourage them to stay fit.
    How did you do on the 5k on Sunday ?
  • jadesign19
    jadesign19 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I did W5D1 this morning. I made it thru all the 5 min runs, but WOW was I slow. I ran/walked a 5k on Sunday and I'm still feeling a bit stiff from that. I'll see how it goes, but I'm not optimistic about being able to run 20 minutes straight later this week!
    Yea you! I just did the w5d1 on friday. My pace was so slow. I blame it on the bad week I had last week...STRESS. Anyway, I too am going to do a run/walk 5k in July. I did 3.74miles in 41:11. I'm nervous because of the time. My kids will be there and I want them to be proud and encourage them to stay fit.
    How did you do on the 5k on Sunday ?
    Sorry I looked at the date of the original post.....I'm always a bit behind:flowerforyou:
  • Marglyne12
    Options
    I am doing Week 5 Day 2 today. Giving myself 2 days between C25K right now, don't want to be super sore like last month. :noway:
  • mrseholley
    mrseholley Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm going for W5D1 in the morning... starting to feel a bit anxious already. Hints, tips or just some good vibes are appreciated. :-)

@mrseholley
  • Marglyne12
    Options
    I am going to attemp C25k Week 5 Day 3 today..Day 2 went well..suprised myself. :smile: . I will find out what I got today..:noway:
  • JHPlunkett
    JHPlunkett Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I DID IT! It took two tries, but I made it through week 5 day 3 this morning! The first time I tried, I hadn't slept well because of my wife's hospital stay and keeping up with the kids, I was dehydrated (I thist out about halfway through my run)... It just wasn't working. Made it 15 minutes.

Got up, tried again this morning and I MADE IT!
  • buckeyegirl0103
    buckeyegirl0103 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    AWESOME JOB!!:happy:
  • Marglyne12
    Options
    Week 5 day 3 done! 20 minutes! I still cannot believe it. I just kept going..telling myself one more minute..one more minute and then it was over..I do feel sore, but I stretched and plan on resting for a day or two. Now to look for week 6!