Week 5

Options

Replies

• madamepsychosis
    madamepsychosis Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I wasn't too worried about W5D1, as it didn't look like that much of a leap from last week and I was right not to be. I kicked butt! My breathing was totally in control and I felt great by the end. I'm beaming! The next two runs seem like such a giant leap, so I'm kind of worried about them. I just have to keep reminding myself I've made it this far.
  • Julialee123
    Options
    Super excited! I ran w5d3 this morning! I am not a morning runner... but I want to be! And I got my butt out of bed at 5am. My husband made plans for us tonight on my run day! How dare he! LOL! Anyway, I got up and did it! I have to hit the pavement because we do not have a treadmill. Nearby is a big newly paved parking lot so I walked to it and ran in circles for the entire time! I didn't want to risk getting smashed on the road in the dark! I just kept saying "Just get through this song... 2 more songs to go... " And I made it! I was slow but I made it. Just go slow!
  • fourluvbugs
    fourluvbugs Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    That is sooooo fantastic! Well done! I'm giggling at the mental image you painted of running in circles in the dark so as to avoid being run over. :) Made me smile. And if you did this today, its all easy from here, right?
  • fourluvbugs
    Options
    Week 5, Day 2. Done!

It was much easier for me than day 1, my food choices have been better the last few days and I'm sure that's a huge part of it. I did today's "run" outside. I use the term loosely since its really a slow jog rather than a run and I know that after I make it through next week I'll start working on picking up my pace. Today I settled in pretty easily to both running segments and didn't need to play too many mental games with myself. ;)

I'm looking forward to day 3. Dare I say I'm starting to like running?
  • fourluvbugs
    Options
    I wasn't too worried about W5D1, as it didn't look like that much of a leap from last week and I was right not to be. I kicked butt! My breathing was totally in control and I felt great by the end. I'm beaming! The next two runs seem like such a giant leap, so I'm kind of worried about them. I just have to keep reminding myself I've made it this far.

Just finished day 2 love (I think you are running it today...?) and I thought it was easier than day 1. I hope that it is for you as well!
  • madamepsychosis
    madamepsychosis Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I'm running day 2 tomorrow, so yay! Glad to hear you found it easier. Hopefully that's the case for me tomorrow.
  • Julialee123
    Options
    Great Job! I am liking running too! Wooot Wooottt!!!!
  • islandjumper
    islandjumper Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Super excited! I ran w5d3 this morning! I am not a morning runner... but I want to be! And I got my butt out of bed at 5am. My husband made plans for us tonight on my run day! How dare he! LOL! Anyway, I got up and did it! I have to hit the pavement because we do not have a treadmill. Nearby is a big newly paved parking lot so I walked to it and ran in circles for the entire time! I didn't want to risk getting smashed on the road in the dark! I just kept saying "Just get through this song... 2 more songs to go... " And I made it! I was slow but I made it. Just go slow!

^^ that's awesome! getting a full 20 min down is a real accomplishment!

I did W5d3 today...I had to stop and walk at the 10 min mark, then ran another 10 minutes. I think I"m going to repeat the week
  • fourluvbugs
    Options
    Week 5, day 3. Done!

Yay me! Feeling super proud of myself for having accomplished this first step. The middle of the run was the toughest part, but once I got past the hump I was able to finish it out. Week 6 here I come!
  • d3mon4ngel
    d3mon4ngel Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Just completed W5D1 this evening. I kind of overestimated myself on the first run, as I think I went too fast and was really finding it hard to breathe by the end. I learned my lesson though and slowed it down for the following two runs and got through them so much easier. On the last run when the lady said I only had 60 seconds left, I increased my speed again, simply to see if I could run faster as it was "only 60 seconds". So proud of myself for even thinking like that. I'm nearly halfway through and I've come so far! Looking forward to my Wednesday run :happy:
  • littledumplings
    littledumplings Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    It's W5D3 for me tonight...half dreading it/half looking forward to seeing if I can do it! Still struggle with my breathing...and still wondering if I should be doing it at all....I'm still 50+lbs overweight!! But at the same time, so proud of how far I've come....I felt like I needed an ambulance after the very first run!
  • littledumplings
    Options
    I did it!! I did it!!! at 197lbs I'm not a 'runner', more like a very slow sloppy out of breath jogger...but I finished it! and tbh, I think I could have carried on! Looking back, i think W4 was the hardest! :))))
  • fourluvbugs
    Options
    I did it!! I did it!!! at 197lbs I'm not a 'runner', more like a very slow sloppy out of breath jogger...but I finished it! and tbh, I think I could have carried on! Looking back, i think W4 was the hardest! :))))

Well done!
  • lizo11
    lizo11 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    W5D2 was done this morning!! I am kind of looking forward to D3 of Friday...we'll see how it goes.
  • d3mon4ngel
    d3mon4ngel Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Just completed W5D1 this evening. I kind of overestimated myself on the first run, as I think I went too fast and was really finding it hard to breathe by the end. I learned my lesson though and slowed it down for the following two runs and got through them so much easier. On the last run when the lady said I only had 60 seconds left, I increased my speed again, simply to see if I could run faster as it was "only 60 seconds". So proud of myself for even thinking like that. I'm nearly halfway through and I've come so far! Looking forward to my Wednesday run :happy:

It's not gone as planned. Yesterday I woke up feeling like rubbish, and it's only gotten worse today. Stupid flu. So I've not done D2, and looks like it might not get it done today either. Depending how I feel tomorrow, I may redo D1, then start W5 again next week when I'm feeling better.
  • courtneymal17
    courtneymal17 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    It's W5D3 for me tonight...half dreading it/half looking forward to seeing if I can do it! Still struggle with my breathing...and still wondering if I should be doing it at all....I'm still 50+lbs overweight!! But at the same time, so proud of how far I've come....I felt like I needed an ambulance after the very first run!

Have you tried doing yoga? I'm a day behind you (finished W5D2 yesterday!) but, I've been finding that concentrating on 'yoga' breating has REALLY helped me as I've increased running time.

Anyways, I did week 5 Day 2 yesterday...I've done everything before yesterday on a treadmill, but since I'm now on vacation in Florida, I've been forced outside for the first time (EEPS!) I was so proud of myself for doing the 8 minutes, also being outside for the first time! I'm nervous/excited for tomorrow though...20 minutes just seems like such a huge leap. I'm terrified!!
  • lizo11
    lizo11 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    W5D2 was done this morning!! I am kind of looking forward to D3 of Friday...we'll see how it goes.

I finished this ealier this morning! I made it a little less than two miles, but it felt pretty good! I am actualy kind of surprised I was actually able to do it.
  • courtneymal17
    Options
    I finished day 3!!! I'm so excited lol! I was gasping for breath at the end, but my c25k app has this cute british lady that says stuff during the runs and at the end she was like "you just completed 20 minutes of straight running...you can definitely call yourself a runner now!" haha I'm a dork, but taht made me so happy lol!
  • littledumplings
    Options
    I finished day 3!!! I'm so excited lol! I was gasping for breath at the end, but my c25k app has this cute british lady that says stuff during the runs and at the end she was like "you just completed 20 minutes of straight running...you can definitely call yourself a runner now!" haha I'm a dork, but taht made me so happy lol!

Well done! I must have the same app! "you're a runner now" whooo hoooo!!

And thanks for the tip about yoga helping breathing....I'll look into that :)
  • courtneymal17
    Options

Well done! I must have the same app! "you're a runner now" whooo hoooo!!

And thanks for the tip about yoga helping breathing....I'll look into that :)

I have the get running app for my ipod...love it! And youre welcome! I'm lucky in that my gym comes with tons of classes, yoga being one of them...it definitely pulled me through the last few minutes of today's run!