Week 5

Options

Replies

• littledumplings
    littledumplings Posts: 223 Member
    Options

I have the get running app for my ipod...love it! And youre welcome! I'm lucky in that my gym comes with tons of classes, yoga being one of them...it definitely pulled me through the last few minutes of today's run!

I've got the Get Running app too! :)
  • courtneymal17
    courtneymal17 Posts: 672 Member
    Options

I have the get running app for my ipod...love it! And youre welcome! I'm lucky in that my gym comes with tons of classes, yoga being one of them...it definitely pulled me through the last few minutes of today's run!

I've got the Get Running app too! :)

lol it's awesome, isnt it! I <3 the british lady voiceover person lol! She makes me all inspired.
  • littledumplings
    littledumplings Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

lol it's awesome, isnt it! I <3 the british lady voiceover person lol! She makes me all inspired.
    [/quote]

Well I'm British so she just sounds like a royal pain in the backside to me lol! ...I have an Irish man on my sat nav....I'd prefer him lol! But yes...she is motivatonal...took me a while to work out why she said 'you're half way, turn back now' though...realised it was for people running the streets so they didnt run too far...I run on a track so it didn't click lol! I thought she was telling people to give up! (Im not the brightest button in the box)

But Get Runnng and MFP are the best apps ever!! I will never ever fail at weightloss/fitness again now I have these....and all the people in them! xx
  • courtneymal17
    courtneymal17 Posts: 672 Member
    Options

[/quote]

Well I'm British so she just sounds like a royal pain in the backside to me lol! ...I have an Irish man on my sat nav....I'd prefer him lol! But yes...she is motivatonal...took me a while to work out why she said 'you're half way, turn back now' though...realised it was for people running the streets so they didnt run too far...I run on a track so it didn't click lol! I thought she was telling people to give up! (Im not the brightest button in the box)

But Get Runnng and MFP are the best apps ever!! I will never ever fail at weightloss/fitness again now I have these....and all the people in them! xx
    [/quote]

hahaha until W5D2, I've run it on a treadmill so it was like that for me too....I definitely felt cool the other day stopping and turning around for the first time lol!
  • gersoco
    gersoco Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I'll be running/walking the first day of Week 5 this afternoon. I'm using the free Android app Runkeeper to let me know when the splits come up. Like a lot of people here, I'm a wee bit excited/nervous about Week 5. I'm doing mileage splits instead of time splits so on Day 3, I will be running the two miles. YIKES!!!!
    It'll definitely take me longer than 20 minutes to complete that since I ain't running at 6 MPH.
  • gersoco
    Options
    Well that last (4th) 1/2mi run on WK5-D1 was not bad at all. :-) I think I'm about ready to take on the 3/4 mile run tomorrow.
  • Coolhand1969
    Coolhand1969 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    day one was pretty easy for me with the 5 minute intervals. I'll be doing day 2 this evening with the 8 minute intervals, and I'm not worried too much about those, but the 20 minute run on day 3 has me a bit concerned. I've never run that long without slowing to a walk. I can do it.... I can do it... I can do it...
  • happydaze82
    happydaze82 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    today i completed week 5, day 3 and i CANNOT believe i ran for 20 mins straight! i never thought i'd be able to do it, i was all set to just try it and if i failed, i would start week 5 over again. i am really proud of myself :)
  • Coolhand1969
    Options
    today i completed week 5, day 3 and i CANNOT believe i ran for 20 mins straight! i never thought i'd be able to do it, i was all set to just try it and if i failed, i would start week 5 over again. i am really proud of myself :)

Good for you! Hopefully I do as well..
  • gersoco
    Options
    I completed my Wk5-D2 run with the two 3/4 mi splits.. I swear I was just seconds away from quitting on the second 3/4 mi run and walking the rest of the way when the voice (on my RunKeeper app) came on and said my run was done! :-)
  • opus649
    opus649 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Yeah, that British voice on the Get Running app...... "great job, you only have 30 seconds to go" and I'm like, "THAT'S EASY FOR YOU TO SAY!!"
  • alexsmith01
    alexsmith01 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Yeah, that British voice on the Get Running app...... "great job, you only have 30 seconds to go" and I'm like, "THAT'S EASY FOR YOU TO SAY!!"

Does the get running app come with music or do you play your own?
    If it comes with music, what kind is it?

I used to play my own music but I get distracted when I do that and stop running, I find it much easier to run if I don't have control over what gets played haha.
  • gersoco
    Options
    Finished that brutal 2 mile run at the end of Week 5!!! Woo hoo!!
    Gotta say that Friday the 13th is an OK day in my book! :-)
  • opus649
    opus649 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    It doesn't come with music. I actually put together a playlist of songs that are all around 160 beats per minute. I find it helps me keep an even pace during the jogging.
  • d3mon4ngel
    d3mon4ngel Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I've had a few weeks off because of illness, but I'm back again. I've just redone W5D1, and surprisingly, it didn't kill me after my break from it. I'm happy with that as I was fully expecting to be knocked back to week 4 or even week 3.
  • d3mon4ngel
    Options
    Day 2 done and dusted this morning.

I actually ran for 8 minutes! Twice! :noway:

I know everyone who gets to this stage has done this, but I still can't believe that I have! So very proud of myself today :happy:
  • Coolhand1969
    Options
    day one was pretty easy for me with the 5 minute intervals. I'll be doing day 2 this evening with the 8 minute intervals, and I'm not worried too much about those, but the 20 minute run on day 3 has me a bit concerned. I've never run that long without slowing to a walk. I can do it.... I can do it... I can do it...

I completed day 3 yesterday! It's the longest I've run (ok, slow jogged) in my life. Pretty darn cool! I guess I'm a week sixer now... good luck everyone!
  • ssdivot
    ssdivot Posts: 193
    Options
    Great job guys, I love reading these updates :)!!
  • Oo_BrookeNicole_oO
    Options
    I ran week 5 day 2 just a few hours ago! It was surprisingly easy considered I did about 45 mins of other exercises before I started. I'm thinking about going ahead and trying to do the full 20 minutes tonight.. If not, no sweat! :)
  • d3mon4ngel
    Options
    Week 5 Day 3 done! :happy: :happy: :happy:

So proud and so happy. Started to flag in the last 60 seconds, but talked myself into keeping going because I knew I could do it! :bigsmile: