2 week challenge

Options

Replies

• Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,995 Member
    Options
    Care to share?

What's on the spreadsheet? How many points for what?
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I am so sore from Monday's workout! Those squats killed me! Holy DOMs! I wonder if it has anything to do with the margarita last night?
    I plan to try again tonight, maybe a warm up and workout will make me feel better.
    I think for about the four weeks before Las Vegas (Memorial Day) I will try Eat, Stop, Eat. Basically, I will cycle calories and average 1250 per day over the week.
  • chuisle
    chuisle Posts: 1,052 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to pop in a apologize for continually being MIA! You all are busy ladies too so I know you understand. I go to Europe tomorrow and have promised myself to log when I get back to get ready for summer!
  • RisOnTheRun
    RisOnTheRun Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Beeps--no, we never settled on a challenge. I never got around to finding my pedometer. Maybe we can go for a workout-a-day streak? See how many days in a row we can go without having a workout-free day? Some days can be tough, so I think that even short lunchtime workouts should count, anything that gets your heart rate up a little or builds a little muscle should count as long as you get say 30 minutes in over the course of the day. What do you think?

Oh and one of the perks of checking in at work is all the ads are blocked! Though I kind of miss some of the ads, those girls in great shape are actually pretty motivating….

Ashley--I like your challenge with your sister! I like the idea of 100% logging, though I know there are certain weekends when I'll be traveling when it will be so hard to log accurately….

Amy--I love that sore feeling! And your Eat, Stop, Eat program sounds interesting. How much time between eating? Sounds like it would be good for working on self control and stopping when you're full.

Kate--Have a great trip!!

As for me, Day #1 of limiting my desserts was a success. I got these little coconut macaroons for my husband (he has a gluten allergy so he can't eat most cookies), and they're only 15 calories each, so I had four for dessert last night. They were pretty satisfying and under my 100 calorie limit. My weight was also down today (back to my normal weight after a few days of fluffiness). I don't know if there's a correlation between less sugar and less bloating, but it was definitely motivating.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Hi Kate! Have fun!

Beeps, we get points for things like styaing under our daily calories, bonus point for staying under for the week...water points, drinking only the number of days and drinks we're having (we're both lushes), getting exercise in, and hitting our goal weight by the end of the challenge. And we get 3 cheat days for the whole 7 weeks. I'm pretty excited about it.

Yesterday was pretty good; despite all the cocktails I had, I was over less than 300 calories thanks mostly to my quick after work pre-dinner run. And my legs are STILL sore from Sunday's Bulgarian split squats! Not sure what I have going on tonight. Maybe take a rest day, may do some strength. May walk with the baby, but it's pretty cold in KY. Happy spring..... If my Craigslist guy still has the upright adjustable rack, Olympic bar, and 250 pounds of plate by tomorrow, I'm going to be purching that set for $275! I'm way excited.
  • abigail1977
    abigail1977 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Beeps - yes on staying away from challenges that have a lot of weigh-ins, I don't think that is good for people in this group - once you're in your weight range I think it is better to focus on other things

Amy - sore is good when it's from a killer workout

Kate - have a fabulous trip

Ris - sugar can definitely cause that feeling of fluffiness, glad you are noticing the difference

Better - I think what you are doing is a great idea, I do much better when I have a challenge spelled out like that & I am doing it with other people. I am actually really competitive so that sort of things really works for me

Anyways, I did well with eating last week, it helped I was sick, however I could not do any exercise. This week I am continuing with my eating plan, but am adding back in the exercise so we will see how that goes
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Amy - I'm aiming to be AT Venus metrics by May 30. That is NOW the "firm date" I have in my mind. I *know* it isn't always a good idea to attach a "date" to a "goal", but I'm determined to be DONE CUTTING. I'm pretty bored with the cutting, frankly. So, for me, it is the NEXT 4 weeks that are key - I HAVE TO BUILD MOMENTUM.

chui - omg - ENJOY EUROPE! This trip I *want* to hear ALL ABOUT, so don't you DARE come back to mfp and NOT LOG HERE.

Ris - well, thanks, first, for posting about a "challenge"....but, no way will I do a "work-out streak" challenge. I tried that on another thread for February and I BOMBED in the last 2 weeks. Truth is, I only schedule work-outs M/W/F/Sat, so, frankly, I NEVER have a STREAK going, lol! Having said that, and given my RE-commitment to be at Venus metrics for May 30, I think SOME sort of challenge is in order. I'm not a cardio gal - you're not a weight-training gal....maybe we should make it a diet-centric challenge? What about a "streak" of how many days in a row to stay within alotted calories?? (Also meaning: if you're having a "cheat" meal, you had to BANK those calories BEFORE that cheat....not after....) Maybe other gals on this thread will join this challenge?? (Better??)

Better - sounds very cool all the metrics you are measuring with your sister. YOU GO GIRL!!

Abigail - eating is WHERE IT'S AT....so, if you're good there, you're really, REALLY GOOD. Still, I hope you can get your exercise going in very short order, too.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    So, I'm totally sick of being in the "last 10 lbs" group. TOTALLY SICK OF IT.

(Hmmmmmmmmmmmm, I might have posted about this a year ago, 18 months ago, 6 months ago....well, HERE WE GO AGAIN!)

As such, May 30 it is.

By May 30, I'll have whittled off this last 10 lbs and then I'll join the "maintenance" club (also NOT a "ton of fun", so I hear....)

I don't have many "diet" threats coming up, although I have to get through TOM next week, and then, of course, Easter. But, I don't have work-related events. No birthday parties. Nothing. THIS IS THE TIME TO BUCKLE DOWN AND JUST GET IT DONE.

My daily calories are set at 1,350. I'm hoping that I lose 0.7 lbs per week. That will get me within striking distance by mid-May.

HERE WE GO GIRLS!! GET READY BECAUSE I'M GONNA DO IT (THIS TIME).
  • amysj303
    Options
    Ashley, that is cool you might have rack at home! I don't have any room for one, but I could get rid of a couple of gym memberships if I had my own!

Beeps, it could be worse, right, than to be so much further from your goal? It does take time, commitment and even re-assessment!

I plan to follow something that I found online here from someone who explained ESE in a blog, basically I eat something every day and fast once or twice, but instead of fasting I think restricted calories in a window. My plan will be like this:
    Day 1: eat 1500 cals, begin fasting
    Day 2: fast til dinner-eat 900 cals
    Day 3: eat 1200 cals
    Day 4: eat 1500 cals, begine fast
    Day 5: break fast at lunch, eat 900 cals
    Day 6: eat 1400 cals
    Day 7: eat 1500 cals

I am also going to try fasted workouts in the morning before breakfast, just a bodyweight circuit. I think I am supposed to do something most days but not on days I fast til dinner or lunch, that would be too hard!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I've probably said this before, but if you'd have told me a YEAR ago that I'd be "working out FASTED", I'd have laughed in your FACE and called you a BIG FAT LIAR.

Well, I've been working-out fasted for going on 5 months now....I have only had breakfast once in that entire time!! (And that was because my kids, finally, after a DECADE, got up on my birthday and made me "breakfast in bed" - so, yes, I CHOKED it down!)

I don't think I could EVER have kept my calories in a deficit position without banishing breakfast from my daily intake. This way, I've managed to keep pretty good "check" on my calories from 12:30 pm - 6:30 or 8:30 pm, on a daily basis.
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies!

Beeps- I would join in on the challenge of staying within calories! And my cheat day or meal tends to be Sunday, so that would be easy to see how many cals I have banked for the week and then I just have to make sure I stay within them.

I have been fasting in the mornings usually until about 10 for the past few months, and even then I would eat a light breakfast like a hard boiled egg. But, since being preggos that doesn't work at all unfortunately. I get nauseous very bad in the morning if I don't put something in my stomach, so I have switched my afternoon protein shake to the morning.

I have been doing pretty good this week. I feel like I am eating alot. But my weight is staying pretty steady. I go to the doc today for my first ultrasound, so that is pretty exciting! Hoping everything is good so I can have a little peace of mind.

I got in my TRX and cycling on Monday, Tuesday I was just icky and tired all day so I rested, yesterday I did Yoga and Barre Ride. Today I will rest, we are going to go somewhere for dinner after the doc, I have been craving fajitas, so we might do mexican. I already logged it and it fits into my cals for the day.
  • RisOnTheRun
    Options
    I like the challenge of staying within your calories every day, although I'm definitely going to fail immediately if we start before Monday. I'm going to be visiting family this weekend and eating a lot of homemade food prepared by others, and I don't know that I'll be able to log everything and check myself.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I'm cool with starting on Monday. To be "accountable", let's post, here, what our "weekly calorie alottment" is, and if you stay within THOSE calories, for the week, GOLD STAR.

If you are UNDER those calories, for the week, PLATINUM STAR.

If you are OVER by 1 - 500 calories for the week, SILVER STAR.

If you are OVER by 501 - 1,000 calories for the week, BRONZE STAR.

And, if you are OVER BY 1,001> calories for the week, NO STAR.

(If we use "weekly calories", it works for those who are calorie-cycling - i.e. some lower days and then some higher days when you know you have parties, special events, celebrations, etc.)

WHAT DO YOU GALS THINK??
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I don't mind "running" this contest. Can "post" results every Tuesday. Means we'd be calculating calories from Monday - Sunday - report in your calorie results the Monday after the Sunday - and a "running tally" can be posted on the Tuesday.

I'm IN!
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!! I have my cals set to maintenance plus exercise cals. But, I really want to try to not eat exercise cals if I don't have to. So lets say my weekly goal is 14000 (that's with a exercise cal estimation added in). For an added challenge for myself I really want to try to not go over daily cals at all just because my are set so high.
  • amysj303
    Options
    Chloe, that's exciting about the ultrasound, I hope it goes well.

I won't be joining this challenge but I would for the four weeks before Vegas. In fact, you've given me a great idea about scores and rewards. I try to schedule rewards regularly when I am being strict but what if I got better things for better score?! you're on to something;)
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Well, I'm not sure how "long" this challenge will last....but, I'm in it until May, for sure. So, I guess, at this point, final week of March, plus 4 weeks of April makes it a 5-week-challenge.

(Might be time to re-evaluate after 5 weeks!)

I'm preparing a "chart" right now. I'll put my calories at 9,800 for one week period. ChLoE I've recorded yours at 14,000.
  • RisOnTheRun
    Options
    Hmm this may not be a very good challenge for me as I eat my exercise calories back, so I'm going to do better during the weeks when I don't exercise as much! But I'll give it a shot, as it will force me to log. Based on my exercise from last week my weekly goal is about 15,000.
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    UGH! My husband had to fly to Chicago yesterday morning for a funeral and won't be back until Monday. He usually takes my youngest to school or grandma's Wed-Fri so I've had to get up extra early and I've been slacking on my workouts. Hopefully when I get home tonight...after the hour drive to get my kids!

Beeps- I want to join. My calories for the week are 10,031.

Chloe- Enjoy your ultra sound!
  • jenomaha
    jenomaha Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Sorry...been crazy at work :grumble: Then last night my son had an allergic reaction to pecans!!! So I missed my weight session :indifferent: But luckily he is fine! One of my bestest girlfriends is in town as of today (and she is on MFP too) and we are booked from tonight through Sunday night! But I still plan on logging, making good choices and staying under my calorie goal. I also have to work ths Zumab training Saturday and Sunday and we are also having a Masterclass Saturday night, so I will be getting in cardio for sure! Eh!

Chloe, exciting about the ultrasound! Keep us posted!

Kc, ope you can get in a workout soon!

Ris, that a girl!

Amy, you make me laugh!!

Ok, I think I may be in the challenge, only I cant figure out my cals until tomorrow!! It starts next week right?! Ok, gotta log and get to sleep!