2 week challenge

Options

Replies

• Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,997 Member
    Options
    Kate - I'd unfriend him.

ASCheif!! I was about to say, I think her competition is THIS WEEKEND!! Why would she "de-activate" rather than just NOT posting for awhile?? Whaaaaaa??

I want to hear how her competition went?? I have the post about her trainer - would it be too creepy to post to her trainer and ask how AScheif made out in the competition?? (Actually, you can go to her trainer's website and dollars-to-donuts, there will be photos of AScheif up on that website once AScheif does compete....)
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Kate - I'd unfriend him.

ASCheif!! I was about to say, I think her competition is THIS WEEKEND!! Why would she "de-activate" rather than just NOT posting for awhile?? Whaaaaaa??

I want to hear how her competition went?? I have the post about her trainer - would it be too creepy to post to her trainer and ask how AScheif made out in the competition?? (Actually, you can go to her trainer's website and dollars-to-donuts, there will be photos of AScheif up on that website once AScheif does compete....)
    who's the stalker now:tongue:
    I would like to know how she does in the competition. I have no idea why she deactivated her account...
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Yeah, I kind of thought that might seem stalker-ish....but, we are from the same city....

Anyhooooo, I don't understand the "de-activating account" thing, anyway. How does shander even know that she did this?? (Gosh, I look like a techie-doofus-newbie.)

On 3 separate notes:

1. I finished Stage 4 of NROL4W. BOOM.
    2. I just ate 3 x reeses peanut butter cups
    3. I'm going to have a couple of drinks, tonight, after work

I think I'd better gear up for a *new* 2-week-challenge come Monday...I'm a-gonna need it, lol!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • solarpower4
    solarpower4 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Kate - ALWAYS trust your own instincts if someone creeps you out!!!! Delete him and don't worry about offending him. If he's truly just a nice guy, he will understand. I've been attacked by a guy in real life b/c I didn't trust my creepometer back then. We have instincts for a good reason - personal survival.
  • abigail1977
    abigail1977 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Kate - better be safe than sorry, just un-friend the creepy guy.

I am sad about aschief as well. I was hoping to hear about her competition. I will also miss her great recipes.

I have been logging my food pretty sporadically lately and I noticed that I log on the days I eat well and don't when I eat badly. The trainer I work for says that's pretty common. By the way, I really need to quit that job, but I haven't worked up the courage to tell him yet. It was really cool working in a fitness studio and I was there alone a lot of the time which I really like. I work better without alll the distractions. Unfortunately he keeps messing with my hours and cutting my pay. I do his books so I know he doesn't have a ton of money, but it is still pissing me off. I just need to move on. I have an accounting degree and I do bookkeeping for a couple other small businesses. If I could just line up a few more like that I would be all set. I quite like working in different places as I get bored easily. Wow, how is that for a tangent? Anyways, my 2 week challenge is to log all food & excercise every day to help get me back on track.

Have a great week everyone!
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Abigail- I am an accountant too and I have thought about starting my own business doing bookeeping and taxes, how did you get clients? Just be work of mouth? Or did you have an ad or something? I'm just not sure how to even get started.
  • amysj303
    Options
    Great pic, beeps!
    My weekend was full of booze and food but I did work out today. Will lft on Wednesday and Friday too.
    Sadly I went to Nordstrom rack and tried on a few things which were all too tight or wouldn't zip so that was discouraging. It will be hard for me to keep this up until the end of May but that is my goal- strong lifts until the end of May. Then I am not sure, something to cut the fat and reveal the awesome muscles I am building underneath:tongue:
  • mamareese
    mamareese Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Hey all...phew...it feels like it should be Friday not Monday! My little man fractured his wrist over the weekend. Poor guy, he seems to be able to find ways to harm himself despite efforts to avoid such things! They are going to start remembering him by name soon.

I did get my workouts in. A little off schedule since DH was sick too. But they were done and checked off. Even took my oldest with me to the weight room Sunday morning. He's so much like my husband it cracks me up. Had to workout with no shirt on and grabbed the chalk to do pull ups. He's a sight to be seen for sure! :laugh:

Feeling stronger. Hoping that within the workouts where you lower the reps, I can up the weights again. Don't want to jump ahead of myself since I did just start the 12 reps down from 15. But looking forward to continuing to push myself. My weight is still up the 5.6 lbs. *GRR* but I stuck with the 1700 calories over the weekend and spent a good amount of time Sunday prepping food for the week so that my choices will be clean and on par with calorie range. Can't let the increase in calories loosen up my choices though. Or the results of the program could be skewed by my own indiscretions.

I'm with you though Amy, something better come after this stage to cut the fat and reveal those muscles!!:laugh:
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Hey hotties.

Mama - Thanks for the website. I found a kettlebell workout I want to try on Thursday this week (one of my days off). Holy crap that chick is strong!

Amy - Ashley Palmer is sweet tea vodka, pink lemonade, splash of cran and lime. They go down like a house on fire. I had several on Derby day. More on that later....

Kate - I'd delete him. That's just weird to be so all over someone's page. And I think PMing on a regular basis is weird too coming from someone of the opposite sex. I am actually down to only one male friend and he is a real wholesome religous type with a wife and bunches of kids. I don't accept FR's from anyone anymore wihtout a message and am even more skeptical when it comes to men. Just my thoughts. Good job on keeping in check at your party.

Beeps - I hear you on the spending hours at the gym. If I did this everyday, I would want to be mostly flawless. But who has the time? I am still trying to find a good balance between Working Ashley, Mama Ashley, Wife Ashley, Friend Ashley and Fitness Ashley. And your back looks incredible BTW.

Everyone else, keep up the good work!

So my (long) weekend was so so. My parents were in so that always involves booze. Luckily since I am still nursing it was not as debaucheraus as it typically is. I only had a couple drinks until baby girl went to sleep (thus instigating bottle feedings the rest of the night) but on a couple nights (especially Saturday) I did some power drinking and got quite drunk. I did wake up super early Friday and got the crying baby out of the house so my family could sleep in, and went for a light 20 minute jog and walked after. Did some more walking later. But I also ate WHATEVER I felt like Saturday. I'm talking weenies wrapped in bacon and topped with sugar (I swear I had at least 10 of these and they were amazing), cheese ball, Derby pie, chocolate truffles, potato salad, deviled eggs, chips and guac, chicken salad, vodka, wine....ugh. I woke up at 6am and literally thought I was going to puke from my overindulgence. Yesterday I ate healthy all day and even went for a walk with baby and did some cleaning even though my mildy hungover self wanted to lay on the couch all day and watch TV and not eat vegetables and protein.

And so yesterday I decided I need to refocus, quit drinking in excess, eat cleaner and committ to 1 day of HIIT, 1 long run, and 2 days of cardio and maybe 1 day of strength too. (Question - the HIIT routine I found is a kettlebell routine therefore using weights the whole time. My KB is only a 10 pounder so I'm wondering if I will get any real "strength" benefit from this or I really need to add a day of strength too?") I've been half @ssing it all spring. In Kentucky March Madness through Derby is tough. All that's over now and I'm ready to do some work. I'm going to my parents' condo in the mountains the last weekend in June and I want to be bikini ready by then and get to my goal which is 6.5 pounds away. Really I'm less concerned with my weight I guess. I just want to lose my post baby jiggle from my belly and thighs and want my clothes to fit me well again. So my goals for the next 2 week are as follows, but can you all comment on if you think I should sub strength for cardio one day, etc.?

1 day KB HIIT
    1 long-for-me run (4 miles min)
    2 days cardio (running, 30 mins min.) - maybe cut this to 1 if strength is deemed more important b/c this is a heavy load for me
    1 day strength
    100 crunches 5 days
    Drink 12 glasses water a day

Now that I put it down on paper in a shcedule, I should be able to manage. Thanks for listening. Hope you all have a great week!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I like all of your "2-week-challenges", Better and mama - great goals!!

Amy, I have decided I cannot wait any longer...I have to cut the fat, NOW. So, I'm officially "dieting". This week is a "rest week" from weight-lifting, anyway. So, I'm going to go HARD at the cardio, everyday, and I'm eliminating some of my breakfast to cut down calories. Next week, when I start weight-training, again, I'm going to try and also get a walk in every single evening, for at least 45 minutes. It gets me outside, which I want, and it's a bit of cardio to help drop the pounds I feel I need to drop to be where I want at the end of June.

My muscles are all there - I just have to LOSE the fat over-top of them for definition. And, at this point, I don't really know how to do that without dieting. I'll try and preserve as much muscle as I can, by keeping my protein intake high and by heavy-lifting, but the rest is just a "gotta do this".

It won't be a pleasant 8 weeks, but that is my goal - to diet the fat away. I'm aiming for 1/2 lb. - 1 lb. a week and I'm hoping I get a "SWOOSH" somewhere off this top week when I'm heavy on my cardio. That would make me HAPPY!

(PS - you can see at the bottom of my "back" picture, where the FLESH likes to STORE itself on my body - and it is THIS that I'm not happy with....I'm too fluffy!)
  • amysj303
    Options
    Reese, that is too bad about your son's wrist! I bet he is healed up in record time, little kids are cool like that. That is funny about the one in the gym too...
    Ashley, holy moly, that spread sounds decadent! weenies wrapped in bacon, topped with sugar? really, sugar? I saw something called "candied bacon" and you put bacon with brown sugar and nuts in the oven, it does sound kind of good.
    as far as your routine, I think 2 days of strength and three days of cardio is reasonable. HIIT isn't really strength training, usually
    My week did not get off to a great start, since I woke up without any food in the house or anything to take for lunch and I have plans every night this week. I stopped at mcdonald's for breakfast burritos :ohwell:
    Organix delivery tomorrow, so at least I can have some healthy food at some point...
    Beeps, I think you have a good plan of keeping up the protein and strength and cutting a few calories, let me know how it goes.
    I am getting "fitness" magazine and there was a good nutrition plan and a 9-move ab routine that I might add. I am going to have to keep my social plans light in June if I want to stick to a good eating plan...
  • ChLoE1130
    Options
    Hello Ladies :)

I did terrible this weekend. I had good intentions, but it just didn't go well. Logged everything though and still had a deficit for the week, just not as much as I had hoped for. But, oh well I am moving on!

Mama- so sad about your baby :( kids are reckless sometimes! hope he heals quickly!

Beeps- I bet you drop pounds like crazy since you a making such a big switch up! Good luck and I am excited to hear about your progress!

Ashley- sounds like a fabulous weekend and great goals for the coming weeks!

I had a great NSV this weekend though, I wore shorts and a tank top to a get together on Saturday and everyone was saying how skinny I looked and it was so much more noticeable when I am wearing less clothes :)
  • RisOnTheRun
    RisOnTheRun Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Reese-I hope your little guy heals quickly!

Ashley-That sounds like quite a fun weekend! Obviously not something you want to do every weekend, but it sounds like you have
    a good plan going forward. Exercise and clean eating goes a long ways to purge out an indulgent weekend.

Beeps-Love the new pic, you can definitely see the muscle definition!

Amy-You'll have to let us know how the ab routine goes. I get Fitness too, but I'm a little behind on reading it.

Chloe-Awesome NSV! Summer is definitely the time to show off your hard work.

Well I definitely indulged on wine over the weekend, but I went on a several hour bike ride on Saturday with some friends so I'm hoping that balances things out a little. Going forward I'm definitely going to have to cut back though. My husband found out that his best friend has cancer, and it's really made us realize how important it is that we do we can to take care of our bodies and not take our health for granted. It's not really realistic for me to cut out the booze completely, but I'm going to have to come up with a strategy for cutting back over the long term.
  • chuisle
    chuisle Posts: 1,052 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

Well sounds like I followed suit with some of you. This weekend eating was NOT healthy. I am SO much better about eating more reasonable amounts of foods but something about hangovers truly remove ALLL motivation for me to be good...so Friday it was pizza and Sunday it was Chinese food. *sigh* But I DID get my work out in before the wedding on Saturday and am on track to finish stage 3 this week with two work outs left. My shoulder has been bothering me a bit so between that and the travel I am going to take a FULL week off strength and stick to cardio to stay active before I hit stage 4.

Oh, thanks for the suggestions guys. I did defriend that guy and he messaged me a few hours later. I am not going to respond, just leave it be. On friending guys I have mixed feelings...I don't want to flat out reject all men because I have some male friends who are nice and supportive and not weird but I also don't like it when guys flirt with me on here. I have a serious boyfriend and even if I didn't this is my space for fitness NOT flirting.

Sounds like everyone has great goals!

My (revised) two week goals:

1. Finish stage 3 (2 work outs)
    2. Get in 4-5 workouts per week of SOME type.
    3. LOG LOG LOG LOG

Ris - I hear you on booze. I don't WANT to ever really cut it out compeltely because I like it and I like the social aspect but I feel more balanced when I limit it to one night a week. I find I don't miss the odd beer or glass of wine.

Chloe - good job logging anyways! That's exactly what I need to do!! Thanks for the motivation!

Beeps - I don't think there's anything wrong with cutting now. You can do it - whatever works for you! I think you know enough not to starve yourself or cut out nutrition. I have faith you can get some losses.

Ashley - sounds like a yummy weekend and great goals! I would say the KB isn't "strength" but more just circuit training or HIIT. I would add at LEAST one more day strength and make sure you're following some sort of program that emphasizes compound movements and free weights.

Reese - I hope your son recovers quickly! What a bummer. At least its not summer!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Amy - what do you think of "fitness" magazine?? I actually ordered "Oxygen" a few weeks ago (and am wondering where my first issue is???) It's dedicated to "lifting-style" fitness for women.

Chloe - if people are noticing that you look good, I'm hoping that is good enough for you!! I'd REALLY like it if people were commenting. But, NOBODY comments on how I look (except my husband - and he is very flattering - but he has flattered me our entire relationship, up, down, sideways, doesn't really matter!).

Ris - my only "real" strategy for cutting out booze is to be less social. Which can only last for so long and, especially as I move into summer, I WANT TO BE MORE SOCIAL - so I know there's "booze" on the horizon. Am simply hoping I can dump some other calories to fit in the booze (when I want it).

chui - I ate Chinese Food on Saturday night, too!! And, I had chocolate fest - oh, and nachos on Friday. I knew I was going to move into "diet" phase this week, so I certainly enjoyed my weekend. Good. Now, I have to enjoy NOT "enjoying" for 8 or 12 weeks.
  • ChLoE1130
    Options
    Beeps- I hear ya on the compliments for some reason my husband and my mom are always both complimenting me and saying how skinny I look and it means nothing.......but if a random friend or coworker says something I am over the moon :laugh: And then I tell my husband that they complimented me and hes like "well I have been telling you that for months", poor guy :wink:
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice on my routine all. I'm driving myself nuts! I emailed a trainer friend (in real life) of mine about HIIT and she gave me some different stuff to do. Then I went looking for good compound strength moves and found a 4 day a week routine on bodybuilding.com that I could complete almost all of in my tiny (and by tiny, I mean if you are taller than 5'8" you hit your head on teh ceiling running on the treadmill) home gym. So now I'm torn as to what to do. I want results. I also want to do something I like. I started 30 Day Shred as soon as I got cleared to workout and was dreading it after 3 days. Luckily my abdomen starting bothering me so I had to quit. :laugh: But I need to focus! I think I'll stick my aforementioned routine and try to aim for 2 strength days and shorten my cardio and/or reduce the number of days. I'll figure it out eventually. I hate to be all over the place as I feel to get results, I should focus on one thing. So OK, maybe my goal for the next 2 weeks will be to test out a few things and see what I am liking and THEN vow to get set on some sort of routine.

I'm with you all on compliments. My husband tells me all the time how beautiful I am so I guess it doesn't mean as much as when friends, co-workers, etc. tell me.

I think its funny that it seems most of us are "social" people. Must be complimentary to some super fitness gene. :wink:

That's all for today. I'll let you all know tomorrow how my workout goes tonight, whatever it is . Hoping I can get one in with the kiddo and 3 things my husband and I have to do tonight in addition to our usual evening routine.....
  • amysj303
    Options
    Fitness magazine is ok, it's not as geared toward lifters, though, and I like the recipes and stuff, but I am not sure I would subscribe. I don't know why it's coming to me, I didn't order it! I am getting More, also, and I don't know why...
    I do feel like I have tried lots of things since starting MFP-I did 30 DS (twice), I did couch to 5k, I did The KISS workout, then Sexy Female training (the last two were T-Nation workouts) then Jamie Eason live fit trainer and I never saw dramatic results with any of it, so I am pretty skeptical of all the hype to a particular workout. I don't know what it will take for me to see my abs. whatever, I just want to look good for the polo formal and Vegas...
    My husband doesn't flatter me-but I can see that if he did, I wouldn't appreciate it-judging by you ladies:tongue:
  • mamareese
    mamareese Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Thanks all for the well wishes for little man...broken bones and kids go hand in hand sometimes, I just wish he would put YEAR spaces in between ER visits not months.:tongue: He's happy with his 'blue cast' though and 3 weeks he'll be fully recovered. Good to go in time for vacation- so we are golden!

As far as DH compliments vs others...I try to be mindful of this because DH is very complimentary and was always considerate when I was pregnant and/or heavier. I think I got so used to dismissing his attempts to boost my lower self esteem at that point in time that it takes effort to make sure I'm acknowledging when he is giving me a compliment. However, he is more than willing to tell me like it is if he thinks I"m slacking off or not giving 100% to my eating/fitness habits. :blushing:

I get Fitness Magazine *simply because it comes for a year for free* and I'm with Amy on the recipes and such of it are nice. The workouts remind me more of 'Shape' type workouts...which I don't mind having on hand for supplement stuff or just when I want to stay home and switch it up. But Oxygen magazine looks awesome. I haven't put up the dough for it yet but I do surf their site regularly.

And, Ashley, I wouldn't stress about not committing to one set way of attacking things until you find your nitch. Like Amy said, we've been an experimental sort of group from the get go. I'm like a friggin' Picasso with all my jumping around. *Thus why I need to be adament about completing NROL since I haven't fully completed a program since Insaniy* Running seems important to you so as long as you find means to balance cardio with strength- you'll get in a good rhythm.

And as for social beings- I think this is where I fall out of the norm on the board. I'm lucky if I go out on a 'date' with DH. Maybe an alumni weekend every 2 years or a wedding every 3. Other than that, I'm a home body. Heck, a trip to Applebee's with the family is a 'wild' weekend for me!!:laugh:
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    wow, he'll be out of a cast in 3 weeks, mama??? That seems SOOOOOOOOO SHORT!! (For some reason, I thought casts were on for 8 weeks.)

My daughter is home with a fever of 102....she has been sick most of last week and even still - this "insomnia" is now starting to run her body down and she is getting sick (and missing school). Ugh. Our temporary nanny has been here for 2.5 weeks (i.e. 11 working days) - and we have had to pay her extra for 3 mornings, so far - because I have had kids home from school for 3 of those 11 days!! Gack!! Expensive!! And, yet, a good "told ya so..." point for me because when our nanny FIRST announced her upcoming vacation, my husband kind of did the, "we'll muscle on our own..."

And I put my foot down and said, "ummmmm, no way....we need the help and we'll have to get a temp."

Good thing we did. And, with gratitude, my nanny is back in 3 weeks! And I cannot wait....except that it's be even BETTER if I'm 5 lbs. down when she returns, thank you very much!!

:wink: