2 week challenge

Options

Replies

• jenomaha
    jenomaha Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Welcome back Shannon!! Glad you enjoyed yourself on vacation! Your evening tonight sounds wonderful!! You;ll be back in no time!

Kate - you are doing so great! Yay for cooperative scales:) Camping sounds fun, I'm camping next weekend! Enjoy those beers tonight! I have no doubt your week will finish strong! Oh and I adjusted my cals and macros to follow LP's plan. I will adhere to the carbs starting Sunday and will finish out my carb cycling this week.

Mama - great job on the leg workout!! Sounds intense! How did the HIIT session go today?! I took pics on Monday, but not measurements...I need to do that too :/

Beeps - your din last night sounds divine! Hope your walk was a good one!! Get that vitamin D!

Amy - great job getting your run in even though your ipod died!! My ipod is my LIFELINE, lol!! Have fun with the Warrior Training!. I'm trying to talk my girlfriends into participating in a bootcamp would design for them to train for the mudzilla...they are being a little bit resistant :tongue:

Ashley - Way to identify your goal and go for it!! And the fact that you love running, go for it! That's like and Zumba :) I've tried the 6 week 6 pack...it was good!! Good luck!

Chloe - How did your 5k go???

Scale is being great to me (I'm sure water weight but I will take it!) I feel like I've been hit by a truck!!! I just now calculated...I haven't had a rest day since last Monday, July 9!!! Yesterday was the closes thing to a rest because I only worked out 15 min, but it was HIIT! I don't get my next rest day until Sunday. Sigh.

Did good on carbs again yesterday (63) and am happy that today was a high day. Man, it feels so great to be back!!
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Yay for the weekend!!! I am feeling a little anxious this morning because I have no plans for the weekend, so I am unable to pre plan my diary. My husband is off today and if the weather holds out we may go to the lake. If so I'm thinking of picking up subway for lunch, and then we usually have a couple beers while we are hanging out there. We will probably go out to dinner tonight too. So wherever we do go I will try to stick with a salad and grilled chicken and maybe some wine. The rest of the weekend is totally up in the air though. But, I just need to keep my healthy mind going and not go completely off track!

5K last night was awesome! Didn't hit any records or anything. I think my final time was a about a 10 minute mile. It was pretty hot though, so I am proud of that. Was supposed to do Insanity Cardio Recovery this morning, but I was exhausted. I may just skip that this week and then I have Pure Cardio tomorrow and Plyometrics Sunday. I'm excited to take today off though.

Mama- I love the days you can barely walk from working out....makes me feel so accomplished!

Beeps- Lobster mac and cheese sounds delicious!

Amy- I actually ran the race last night without music and I loved it! Which is odd for me because normally I would never do that!

Ashley- 6 Week 6 Pack is fun. And it does work the core pretty well. I think that combined with your running is a great plan!

Jen- so happy you are back in the groove, but I had no doubts!
  • mamareese
    mamareese Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Jen- great job on the carb and yeh for a high day today!! 15 minutes or not, HIIT is no joke!!

Kate- Glad the new scale is meeting your needs better! And great job getting in a session last night before a little beer consumption! Way to think ahead!

Beeps-Yeah for Vitamin D & date night...I haven't had date night since May (anniversary) total slacker on giving DH 1-on-1!! Great job on getting a little mental break with the walk yesterday. Hopefully it helped with being swamped at work!!

Amy-Ipod+running=Sanity!! So great job finishing without it. Mine was my lifeline during the 5k race, I couldn't have done it without it-blocks out all my negative thoughts!! (lol) I peeked @ that website you mentioned, I thought it was interesting the entry where she showed everyone's 'eating plans' and how varied they all were-everything from females doing IF to 5 to 6 meals a day, to vegetarian. Very interesting.

Ashley- Whatever you love will help keep you pushing forward so great job including that in your new programing. Hope 6w6p goes well for you- I've done it sporadically (go figure!) but do enjoy it. I'll be interested to see how you enjoy multiple days of it!

Chloe- Stealing from Jen how was the 5k?? And the 'break' from Insanity??

I did an upper body workout today followed by my 30/30 treadmill. It was intense and I can tell it's getting down to the end of a work out week. But it felt good to finish it off and check it out of my books. This weekend entails Saturday all day volleyball tournament and then I'm hoping we'll get in town early enough that I can hit the gym Sunday. If not, I can always go for a run at my parents or knock out a Turbo Fire workout. And staying on track with eating this weekend shouldn't be too hard as long as those smores stay away from me!!
  • chuisle
    chuisle Posts: 1,052 Member
    Options
    Beeps - I think that mac an cheese sounds amazing and you should give yourself a great big pat on the back for stopping when you didn't want more. Sometimes when I am indulging I just want to keep going because I 'can'

Ashley - great plan! I think this will help you feel better because you'll feel focused ;)

Jen - congrats on the scale and nice diaries! I like the LP macros (except for this week, which has been killer but doable). Give yourself a rest day!!

Chloe - I get like on weekends...maybe look up a recipe you've been wanting to try for a while and plan that? That way you have something AND you get at least one meal out of the way. Congrats on the 5k! Especially with insanity this week!

Reese - your volleyball tournament sounds fun! Enjoy! Way to get your work outs!

As for me several victories the last few days:

1. Yesterday I did a small workout and it killed me. Normally, this would not be good. BUT I'm eating at such a deficit and low carb this week that actually I took it as a good sign that my body is feeling it. On a normal diet I wouldn't have struggled, so that I'm struggling now means my body is really registering. Does that make sense to anyone else?

2. I'm down more on the scale (while the old one is popping up and down!).

3. We had our charity event last night - I had vodka as an option instead of just beer so I was able to stick with vodka waters AND...drumroll...we had tons of free pizza and I had only a tiny, tiny nibble!

4. Went out for lunch today because my boss is leaving - I got miso soup and sashimi sushi so while I would have loved to get some yummy rice covered rolls with tempura I stuck to raw fish, seaweed and toufou :)

Off to camping I go! Meals planned out and everything :) Have a great weekend yalL!!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Reese, I hadn't even noticed the "what fit people eat" part, that was interesting, I didn't get all the way but I guess it's clear that different things work!
    Kate, you are doing such a great job with the eating, you should be very proud of yourself, I am impressed!
    I did Stronglifts yesterday and my quads are aching, now for the 4th day in a row.
    So I have to ask, am I foolish to workout 6 days per week training for this? Should I focus on the running and maybe upper body strength.
    The obstacles are mixed, but I think cardiovascular health is going to be the most important thing. Any advice? I thought if I did Spartacus that would be too much cardio because I would never rest. Maybe I should just combine strength and cardio and take off every other day?
  • jenomaha
    Options
    Amy - I think 4-5 days could get you prepared and not wear you out. If you are used to 6 days, then I don't see the harm in that either. I think what's important is that you take on a training schedule you can adhere to until the race. Have you seen the suggested training programs for the Dash?? It's an 8 week program and I wouldn't think you would have to start at the beginning :)

Cardio/Running - http://www.warriordash.com/documents/training/WD_CardioTraining_Virgin.pdf
    Strength - http://www.warriordash.com/documents/training/WD_StrengthTraining_Casual.pdf

Here they are! I don't particularly remember any one obstacle that I had to be STRONG for to complete it...I think it just helped me do it faster, i.e. pulling the rope to climb up the wall. Some people had beat me to the wall (faster runners :tongue:), but I beat them up and over the wall (strength baby :glasses:) lol! Definitely not a question of whether you will finish it...just how long it will take :wink:

Kate - Great victories for you all around! I completely can empathize about the body registering the deficit and macros! Just yesterday I told some of my students how my body feels like it's been put through the ringer now that I'm eating good again and have kicked up the weights! So yes, your comment made total sense!! Keep rocking it girl!! You are doing awesome!

Reese - A volleyball tournament sound like so much fun!! The last time I played, I broke some blood vessels in my hand and it turned purple! :ohwell: So be careful but have fun and good luck!!! As for the s'mores, how bout try a healthy version?! make a foil packet, put a banana sliced in half length wise, top with a piece of dark chocolate and slivered almonds, fold up and grill over fire, then top with a dollop of greek yogurt!! Yummers :) (I'm doing this when I go camping next weekend!)

Chloe - Congrats on the 5k! I couldn't imagine running out there in that heat! So kudos for you :flowerforyou: You definitely have earned your rest day!! Although you said you couldn't pre-plan your diary for the weekend, sounds like you have an excellent plan outlined already!! Enjoy the lake and your rest!!

I went out last night for din and drinks. I had a grilled salmon salad that was delish! I tried to stick with the vodka, but veered with a martini and a mojito, but all in all, still a good night, the scale wasn't affected this morning :happy: So now, I have to decide to rest today or tomorrow. I'm thinking tomorrow, but we will see. Sticking to the plan and looking to make the weekend successful!!! Have a fabulous one ladies!!
  • amysj303
    Options
    Thanks Jen! I hadn't seen this plan, I will give it a try. Now to find out what a fartlek is:tongue:
  • jenomaha
    Options
    Amy - lol!! Here ya go! Speed play...pretty much interval training :happy:

http://runners-resource.com/fartlek
  • abigail1977
    abigail1977 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Chloe - congrats on the 5 K! The heat wave here finally broke a couple of days ago so I am back to runnning again.
    Kate - great food choices and have fun camping
    Amy - I am sure whatever you choose to do to train for the dash you are going to do great because of all the training that you do in general
    Reese - enjoy the volleyball tournament, that sounds like fun

I have really wanted to get into hiking with the kids this year, but it has been a busy and hot summer so far. Since the weather is a little cooler we are going to start with a small simple one this weekend to see how it goes.
  • amysj303
    Options
    Abi, you are too generous but my run today was brutal. I am slow! I tried to jog 10 minutes, walk three, jog 10, walk 3, jog 10 and at the end I hadn't even gone 3 miles. My friends who are warrior dash with me are training for a sprint tri-athalon the weekend before warrior dash so they will be in much better shape and I am worried I won't be able to keep up!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies! Hope you all had great weekends. Sounds like everyone is doing amazing. Really, you all are rocking the diets and workouts.

My weekend overall was mostly a success. I had Friday off and my friend was in town. We went to a Pure Barre class. Here's what I thought: It was a good and very different workout for me. My abs were sore, like deep down, and the class re-emphasized to me that I need to work on core. Some other strange places in my legs were sore too. It was a good workout and it honestly seemed a little like old school aerobics! Think laying on the floor leg lifts, etc. One thing I was irritated by was that it seemed like a beauty contest. OK, so I know this has to be a good workout because the ladies that you could tell did this on the reg had great bodies - very nice butts, toned arms, and very lean. And most rather attractive and I would say 75% of them were totally made up, jewelry on, expensive workout clothes, hair DOWN! I don't get it. It bugged me. But my ADD @ss almost bought a month unlimited for $100 and then I thought better of it and glad I did not. Soooo....I had mixed feelings about it. Anyways, I was able to eat healthy all day and not indulge too much in the wine that night. Saturday I got some walking in and some nice down time in which was much needed. And yesterday was a great end to a good weekend. My husband left at something stupid like 615 am for his tee time so Baby Girl and I slept till almost 9 and then went running (without music although I typically run with music; sometimes its nice to run quiet) and planned on ending our run at the coffee shop but I forgot my wallet so ended up walking about 20-30 minutes more than I planned, but it was fine. After I cleaned up some and showered and husband got home I went and got a much needed mani-pedi and then came home and had some wine and cheese for a late lunch and watched movies all day. It was just what I needed. So I am feeling refreshed and rested today and looking forward to starting my new workouts this week! I hope to start 6W6P today but we are dog sitting a 14 year old bichon frise for 2 weeks and I have to stop to get her treats on the way home which will cut into my small window of opportunity for working out. I'm hoping the baby will be entertained by Jillian and me workong out....
  • chuisle
    chuisle Posts: 1,052 Member
    Options
    Ashley - probably a good call on the bar class. You can always go back and buy it later. And remember, just because the women who went to the class looked good does not mean the class made them look like that. Being an economist, I have to point this out ( I have this comic hanging by my desk http://xkcd.com/552/ :) Also - it bugs the ish out of me when women get dolled up to work out like that. Sorry I'm not wearing $100 lululemon pants to sweat.

Amy - those training programs look like they'll have you in warrior shape :)

Jen - glad to see you back in full force! You go girl!

Camping/canoeing was good. The actual 'float' was tough. With so little water the river was barely moving so it was WORK. I ate pretty darn well both days - sticking to my plans. I *did* eat a few more cookies than I planned and had some chips etc. but all in all I made healthy work and I came back feeling good. I didn't do the 50% protein macro yesterday - I just knew I wasn't going to have the will/energy to make it happen so I ate whatever and kept it lighter.

New macros and back to the gym this week. I get so much more freedom eating at 40% carbs/25% fat/35% protein compared to what I've been doing for the past 4 weeks that I *feel* like I'm cheating or something :) Ready to hit the gym reenergized!

Oh - forgot to add the downer part. My dad snapped a few photos during the trip...I did NOT look good. At all. Maybe I need to look at them again with kinder eyes but I didn't see any of the work I've been doing. I looked flabby and round :/
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies!!! I have got to get back on track. I have been working hard and playing with kids and eating whatever I want. I think because i am working so much, the scale hasn't shown to much. This is my last week at the restaurant, then VACATION, and back to teaching. I am very excited to go back to work down 5 pounds, but I need to keep it off!!!! Last year started off so stressful. I stopped working out, and ate every yummy treat I was tempted with.

My plan for this week - Three strength and three cardio and I MUST LOG!!!! I cannot go back to work being out of the habit of logging. I think it will be easier at work though because I have a computer in front of me and can do it at lunch. Logging on the phone just seems to take forever. It sounds like you ladies are doing amazing.

Oh, and I decided to change my weigh in day back to Friday. I feel like Monday makes me more frustrated with my weekend choices but Friday makes me proud of my hard work.

HAPPY MONDAY!
  • mamareese
    mamareese Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies!

Abigal- How was the hike? We took my little ones last year on a hike and to my surprise they did really well. I expected my oldest (5) to do fine but even my youngest who was 2 at the time hoofed it 90% of the time. He was just so intrigued by his surroundings I don't think he realized how much movement he was taking on!! I think this is a great idea and one I need to do again with the kids! Great idea!

Amy- Yes, I agree with the girls. Just keeping up your endurance will definitely help!!

Ashley- I agree with you & Kate- I rock the same couple pairs of Nike shorts for certain workouts, the same couple pair of capris for others...the only thing that ever changes is typically my top and it definitely isn't some perfectly matched with my hair tie outfit! I just want to be comfortable, know my @$$ isn't going to hang out when I do deadlifts and my thighs aren't going to be all jingle bells during runs! :laugh:

Kate- Great job this weekend. Progress on the keeping it tight over the weekend is awesome news! Yes, I'd say those macros look a little easier to work with. Keep up the great work with the cut- goodness knows LP knows what she's talking about!!

kclynch- You are a busy girl! Phew! Log the crap out of that stuff and you'll be one step ahead. I do agree that logging off a computer is a pain. I try sometimes from our Ipod but eek...I'm ready for another meal by the time I'm done!

My weekend was mixed. The volleyball tournament was awesome-I wish my HRM was working because we played from 9am to 7pm (granted not continuously since there were only 3 courts) but for the most part it was back to back games. Leaving little time to eat anything and I was so exhausted dinner was light. Well, I paid for not fueling my body because 1) I feel like I got hit by a bus 2) I was STARVING all day yesterday and did not make good choices. Heck, I ate white pasta which I haven't done in I don't know years? I was definitely way off base yesterday with my calories and macros. It's done now and I'm on to today. I skipped an AM workout in hopes that a little more time to decompress after the tournament would make for a more productive workout. DH will go at dinner time and I'll go during bath time so it's all planned out. I have 2 more weeks at this macro lay out which I'm good with. I can eat my quiona and just make smart choices without having to worry too much. After that, I may have to steal off Kate's diary because it'll be tighter for sure!!
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    And obviously another big weekend fail for me.....I think summer just needs to be over for me to actually keep my weekends on track!

Friday I did really good with eating, but the drinks were another story. Saturday was a bust, pizza for dinner. But, on the plus side there I ate some pizza until I was full, I didn't just keep stuffing my face until I felt sick, which tends to happen when I am eating delicious pizza! Yesterday I did really good all day and then went to a friends house for dinner because my husband is on a work trip and never sleep good when he's gone so I drank a little too much to help fix that. And she had a delicious cookie for dessert that I didn't resist. But, I got in all my workouts, so that's a plus!

On the topic of workout clothes....there was a girl at the race last week that had her really long hair nicely curled and down, jewelry on and what must have been a pushup sports bra, she looked ridiculous in my opinion.

Have a great week ladies! Keep up the good work!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 12,003 Member
    Options
    Chloe, when I look at your ticker, you are just about at your goal weight. I think it *will* get tougher as that ticker moves to the right....and, it's okay to look at some of your weekend behaviours and try and build your plan AROUND those events, rather than trying to change your innate behaviours in this regard.

mama - I still eat white pasta! I cannot stand brown pasta. So, nope, I don't eat it very often, and, when I do eat it, I do find I get full pretty fast, so I'm not eating too much of it. But, I had some mac' n cheese this week and some linguini on Saturday. I'd say, on average, 2 x pasta would be what I would eat in one month, but for me, both those servings happened only days apart for July!

kclynch - I'm staying off the scale....haven't been on it even one time in July!

chui - I think you look great. I'll keep telling you that and you can ignore all other inputs, please!!

Ashley - I think you are rocking your work-outs. Amazed by all that you do with a little one in tow!

My weekend was a gong show. I'm exhausted and won't even post the details....it was jam-packed from 5:00 pm on Friday until home at 9:30 last night. I missed all work-outs (knew this, so, no big deal) and I ate plenty o' junk, but I stayed away from the booze. So, half-successful, I guess.

I am lifting today. I think IT will be a GONG-SHOW, but I have to give it a go. Will report back later.
  • jenomaha
    Options
    Abigail – A hike with the kiddos sounds wonderful! I hope you all had a nice time! We have a Forest here that’s nice and shaded…I should take my kiddos for a nature hike there!

Amy – Don’t worry about your time. Just keep on going and you will improve!! I have faith in ya, lady!

Ashley – Great job getting to spend time with your friend and still make good choices! Sounds like you had both and active but restful weekend! Glad it was just what you needed (especially Sunday!) They have that Barre class here and they want me to get certified in it. I think I will go try it first. I don’t buy the lululemon stuff either!! BUT, I do match my headband to my shirt…it’s a Zumba thang ;) Lol!! Let us know what you think of 6w6p!

Kate – Way to go on sticking with your plan!! That is some willpower/control my friend!¬¬¬¬ ¬ Sounds like a fun/active weekend! I’m anxious to hear how this week goes for you with the new more manageable macros! Go get it, girl! As for the pics, I say yes, re-look at them with kind eyes! The scale has been moving, you’ve been adhering to the program…I’m sure they look great! Keep us posted.

K.C. – I am so with you girl!! When I started back to school last year, I put some weight on because of all the goodies in the lounge, etc…NOT this year though!! And it is much easier for me to log during the school year with the comp right in front of me. We can do this!! Congrats on being 5 down!! Where you going for vacay?

Chloe - The weekend thing has killed me all summer. This past one was my best one so far. Don't be too hard on yourself. When you are ready to reign it in on the weekends, you will!! Great job getting in all your workouts!

Beeps - Hang in there!!!

Summary of week one for me:
    1. Stay under cals (at a deficit, officially cutting) - Check! I even logged over the weekend, woohoo!
    2. Carb cycle (low 75-100, med 100-125 med, high 125-175) - Check!! I have switched over to LP’s plan that Kate and Mama are doing, so week one done!
    3. Min 3 strength training, 2 HIIT sessions, minimum 15 min (in addition to the classes I teach) – Check 4/5, the only thing that didn’t happen was a 2nd HIIT session, but I did get one in! So all in all, a very successful first week back. I feel so much better physically and emotionally (except from some soreness :tongue: and the scale is down 4 lbs, yay!!!

Alright, ladies, let’s keep this train rolling so we can keep our Hot Tamale tickets, woot woot!!
  • jenomaha
    Options
    P.s....I have to keep editing my post because people kept responding as I was writing my post, lol :tongue:
  • amysj303
    Options
    Lots of posts, I probably will forgot most of you, but it sounds like evryone had a good weekend, whether they were "good" or not:wink: Mine was a mix. We did a "bike and brews" where we rode our bikes to breweries on Saturday. Sunday I went for a run, to the pool, and then Jazz in the Park, where I drank 3 beers.
    Reese, I think you needed the carbo load after the volleyball, don't feel bad.
    I agree with you, I don't spend money on workout clothes-mostly cutoff leggings and free t-shirts from events. I workout here at work and would be embarrassed to workout in a sports bra, or anything revealing.

Thanks to Jen, I have a plan for the week, and it is 5 days for the cardio, I might add a day of strength too, but I think the cardio is where I should focus. Interval runs today. cross-train tomorrow (maybe spartacus), rest day, strength train, and then weekend run.

I got my egg dish made for breakfasts.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    I had to google "lululemon"; that's how up on fitness fashion I am, and yes, that's what all the chicks were wearing! Yeah, I was rockin' my Gap yoga pants and Target ribbed tank. I have pretty standard workout garb too. I bought a jogging skirt for a Tap N Run (we were tennis yuppies) and while its cute, I always feel "overdressed" running in a skirt. Jen, I like the matching headband; cute. :smile: I used to go to Gold's Gym and half the chicks there were there to socialize and pick up meatheads I'm pretty sure. Literally, 8:00 a.m. on a Saturday and full face makeup and teased hair. Wow.