Stage 6 Questions (optional stage)

Options

Replies

• beckkotsch
    beckkotsch Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one that is liking the short workouts? haha You add more sets in too so they do get a tad longer.

I'm trying to remember to stretch/foam roll after I workout but I'm not so great about it...

Should have lifted yesterday but I was feeling lazy and decided to give my shoulder one more day off so I'm gonna try to bust 6A3 out tonight! I really want to have this stage finished a week from today since I'm going out of town next Wednesday but we'll see...

ETA....I should add that I'm only doing 4 workouts of each instead of the 5 they say. Since it's an optional stage I feel like I can do that! ;P
  • jo_marnes
    jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    Just checking in with you girls, I'm not going to be lifting now until next week as I'm going away Fri. Thankfully we are all feeling better, just now I have so much to catch up on!! So glad the program has the flexibility of being able to have a week off, lol. Not like P90X where you feel you have to complete it in the 90 days! Glad you girls are holding the fort, someone has to keep cranking it out eh? xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • lcuconley
    lcuconley Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    hi ladies - I went for a super short run this am in St.Louis...about 2.5 miles, but I ran around the Arch, which was cool. Had to catch a 745a flight.

Going to try to lift in the am, but its gonna be a late night as my plane does not land until 10p

Jo - where are you going? no working out on vaca?

Beck - yes, I think you are the only one ;-) I am looking forward to more sets. I think its totally cool to eliminate a pair of workouts. which one are you going to cut?
  • jo_marnes
    Options
    I'm going to the Clare Valley here in South Australia - just a weekend break with hubby :-)

We will be walking lots hopefully (they have a beautfiul 35km trail called the Riesling trail that goes past all the vineyards!). So we are there fri - sun and will start fresh again Monday with any luck. Well done on your run, I always find it hard getting up early to go! xxx
  • beckkotsch
    Options
    LC...I love STL! We were stationed in Missouri for a couple of years and went there often! I'm just going to not do workout 5 for A or B. :)

Jo...we would LOVE to be stationed in Australia...I'm sure it won't happen though:)

I did 6A3 last night. I feel like the reverse pull ups were harder for some reason. Maybe I was babying my shoulder (which feels MUCH better, btw) or if I was actually holding my hands the correct way. (I think I had my palms facing each other the last 2 times...) Everything else went fine though. Ready for 6B3 tomorrow!
  • beckkotsch
    Options
    Ugh...

I did part of B3 last night. Didn't get too far b/c I tweaked my right shoulder this time. :( I think I'm just gonna bow out of Stage 6 for now. When I get back from my mini vacay on July 1st, I'll start Stage 7. If I lift between now and then, I'll just go easy on my shoulders. I'm not sure what else to do:/
  • jo_marnes
    Options
    Sorry to hear that Beck, it's so frustrating when these things set us back :-(

I've been out walking today, not as much as we'd hoped this weekend as weather has been very wet. And has resulted in ++ cheese, wine and choc :-/

Will defo have to crank it out back in the gym when I get home!
  • jo_marnes
    Options
    6 A2 done today!

Was struggling with the pulldowns.... until set 7 when I was really starting to think 'wtf?!' and realised I was doing overhand pulldowns instead of underhand - doh! No wonder I couldn't achieve the same haha. After the chin ups my shoulder was feeling pretty crappy at that point so left it at the 7 sets and moved on. Gains all round elsewhere and 20 mins intervals also. Good to be back in the game! xxx
  • lcuconley
    Options
    Jo - I did 6A2 Saturday as well! I wish I would have wrapped it up with intervals, but I did spin class yesterday. Glad you are back to lifting!!

beck - sorry to hear about your shoulder. sounds like your vacation is well-timed!

The negative chin-ups felt a bit better and I ALMOST did 2x10@120 pounds (1 short!). I did an extra set of split squats and I did v-situps and back extensions.
  • jo_marnes
    Options
    I did 6B2 today.... all fine except the reverse sit up things (can't remember name!) - I just feel like I'm not really doing anything? Considering swapping those out for something else. Gains in both lunges and the 2 point row. Push press remains my nemesis but got all the reps at least. Only added a 10 min run at the gym as did an hour walk at 6am this morning!

Have you done your B2 yet LC?
  • lcuconley
    Options
    jo - I have done weighted v-sit-ups throughout NR as I find the SBCs, incline whatevers, etc, not as challeging.

6B2 will be tomorrow! I have been traveling on business since Monday. I did get out for a short run (~5k) in a thunderstorm this morning.
  • jo_marnes
    Options
    Good on you getting in the run.... I doubt I'd go out in the rain!! I'm going to try and squeeze in cardio today but have another hectic day so I'll see how it goes. Enjoy your workout tomorrow.... I much prefer B to A (I think haha)
  • jo_marnes
    Options
    Managed a run yesterday and did 6A3 today - much better with the Underhand pulldowns, haha. Couldn't find a step so did feet elevated on bench for pushups (3 x10 reps) and upped to 40kg on the last set of the split squats. I don't find the exercise that bad when doing it but its the returning my feet to normal position afterwards - my back leg doesn't wanna join the game, haha. Where are you up to LC?
  • jo_marnes
    Options
    Where did everybody go?? LC - come back! lol

I did 63B yesterday.... not long 'til the final stage! What are people's plans for lifting after this program?
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    I was out of town for a few days and didn't lift last week at all. Back on track tomorrow!!

ETA: Ooops, wrong board!! Thought I was on the Stage 7 board. Post still valid but I'm doing Stage 7 #5
  • lcuconley
    Options
    HI! - so sorry for being MIA!!

I did 6A3 today and 6B2 on Saturday. I am just crawling through this stage! I am finally admitting to myself that I pulled a muscle in my forearm in the last stage 5 workout and have very ambivalent feelings about not lifting. Its a very difficult muscle to rest because its used so much.

for my push ups, I did a 6sec /3 risers...did 5/4/4...tough!

today for the split squats I did 6 reps at 100/105/105. The only leg move, so we need to make the most of it!! Jo, i wonder if you are overworking your back leg if you have a problem bringing it forward at the end. my hip flexors are kind of fragile!
  • beckkotsch
    Options
    Great job, LC!!!

I'm back from vacay but I wasn't able to check my bag so my grandparents had to mail me my stuff. lol Should get it all on Friday. My only pair of tennis shoes are in there along with 3/4 of my workout gear and my hrm. It's all ok b/c I've been battling vertigo for the last week anyway:( Totally not cool. Thought I'd be able to start Stage 7 today but not so much:( Hopefully by Monday??
  • jo_marnes
    Options
    Yay, the wanderers have returned ;-)

That's a great weight on the split squats LC - I wish I was at that. I'm at 96 lbs at the moment. My hip flexors are definitely the weakest link in the move..... oh well, will keep at it. The 4 x 4 was not too bad.

Did 6B4 today. Not organised for stage 7 so I will prob do the 5th A and B although not a fan of the AMRAP or the pulldowns..... ugh. Will see what the weekend brings. Can't believe my poor kid is ill AGAIN. We've all been sick but he has had it all.... gastro, tonsillitis, kidney infection, cold and now he has a high temp and is off school again! Poor little mite. Last day of term here tomorrow.... got 2 weeks with the boys and want to have FUN not be locked up inside with the germs :-(
  • lcuconley
    Options
    Mornin Jo and Beck - headed out for a run shortly...I get to lift tomorrow. I am a bit sore from lifting yesterday, but its my fault for spreading these workouts out so much.

Oh beck, what a drag to be without your workout gear! I bet you GPs loved to see you! What is the treatment for vertigo?

Jo - sorry to hear about your little one being so sick!
  • beckkotsch
    Options
    Jo...I don't know how I missed your recent posts. I blame the dizziness. haha You're killing it as well!

I should get my luggage tomorrow! It's probably best I don't have any of my workout gear...I would have been tempted to workout otherwise! I'm feeling much better today so I have high hopes for Monday. Otherwise I guess I'll be making another doc appointment. :/

Lc...they prescribed me a few different meds but they all make me feel worse than the actual symptoms so I'm not sure I'm going to take any more.